Today Ted goes back to school for summer session. I am hoping all of the changes go down well with him. He has had so many changes lately. And then a busy morning for me after getting him there. We will see how it all goes.
~Tina
Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Hey all-- Cricket suggested I stop in here, so here I am and I have a question. How are these things numbered? I've been seeing coffee houses ever since I joined, and I cannot figure it out. Is it one number a week? Surely that can't be right. 2220 / 52 is 42 year's worth of coffee houses.
"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Hi Marica! Welcome to the coffee house! We open a new coffee house when the current one reaches 100 posts. Sometimes one lasts a few days and sometimes it only lasts a few hours, depending on how chatty everyone is! So, jump on in and join the conversations!
Morning ..hope the changes don't bother Ted to much- he has had lots to adjust to lately- and so have you so you need to take care of you too. I got breakfast started for us,Mom is sleeping in today..made eggs and bacon for Joe.. he is going to his back doc today so hopefully he will tell him he is on the mend... problem is he won't sit still and let it heal- takes the pain meds and thinks he's ok and does to much moving around... he is not a good patient... Teresa is going to drive him to the doc today...I will go pick up the grandson at the high school- he is doing summer school. Well off to get the rest of the day started.. Mom just got up so will have to do her meds...have a good day all. Nana
Reading back to the last CH, Lynne I hope your headache is better. Sorry you can't knit it away.
Darbi is not a good board game player either. She gets really mad if she doesn't win. I used to let her win all the time but her mom told me to stop it that she's got to learn to be a good sport. It doesn't bother her in softball but if she's loosing at Monopoly she'll just quit.
Morning again, Sheri, to answer your question about Joe- no his back is still really sore- he is only ok on drugs - he has a herniatied disk and it acts up when he does stuff he shouldn't ..doc today so hopefully he will feel better soon. The ER gave him steriods to take for 5 days so don't know just what they will give him if anything... if this doesn't work for him we may be looking at surgery... I get the kids not liking to lose at games.. our Derek is not a good loser but he is getting better with it as he gets older... we always just say it's a game and if you want to play you might lose so no fussing if you do... We are getting our hot back today supposed to be in the 90's... sure hope we can get the pool up soon .. really would like to be able to cool of in it while it is so hot. Well it is finally my turn for the shower so heading there and then the laundry awaits... lucky me. Nana
Taking a break to have some lunch. The painters are at lunch, too. It's 3:00-- they'll be here for a long while today. Not to change the subjects you all are chatting about, but I hate moving. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that we are moving, I just hate the whole process. Everyone does, I know.
Our house isn't exactly a pig sty or anything, but can anyone explain to me how a planer & a sander wind up under a bed along with a makeup mirror and a set of dumb bells?
On the bright side, the guys promise the bathroom will be done today. :-)
Back to painting woodwork and corralling dust elephants.
"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Good Afternoon everyone. It's another very hot day.I wish I could set up the pool for my siblings but the water bill is really expensive because of the drought so now I have to conserve water. I'm hungry and so are my siblings and my parents.I'll think of something for lunch.
Back to painting woodwork and corralling dust elephants.
I love the dust elephants. I think that is what I have here. Welcome Marica. There is no worry about changing subjects. We pretty much chat about what is on our minds while staying away from truly controversial subjects. We tell our plans for the day often enough and then tell how it actually went later on. We meet here and learn about each other outside of the garden fence. i hope you found some good stuff for lunch, Enrique. I just finished a meat loaf sandwich and my sofa is calling me to snooze a bit.
~Tina
Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
I'm home but too tired to visit, so I'll be back later.
Hope everyone had an okay day with dust elephants, kids going hither & yon, too much heat, bad backs and doctor visits and all....
Merme
We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Back to painting woodwork and corralling dust elephants.
We pretty much chat about what is on our minds while staying away from truly controversial subjects.
I'm involved in a lot of "controversial" stuff. A Gardener's Forum is where I go when I want to get away from it all and talk & learn about the REALLY important stuff, like the differences between hay and straw!
Aaurghhh... more painting, more laundry, more time spent inside than out.
"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Okay The forum has me going coo`coo,, Everytime I post in banter it takes me to page 3 after I submit,, , When I want to go to Garden chat it won't show anything but gardening tips,, Every where I want to go it either won't show all the threads or takes me to 2-3 pages before today ,, and I can't get back to page one except in banter,, Hobbies and crafts took me to Lynne's knitting thread several times before I could get where I wanted to be,, is anyone else experiencing this?? ~~~~~~~ Okay It's straight Now,,.
Last edited by angelblossom; Jul 6th, 2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Working OK now LOL
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
not that exactly, Diane but I have been losing posts left and right---I am contantly ending up into the potting bulbs information (??) from somewhere within the "helper" when I hit the space key on my keyboard--but only when a post is near done???
and sometimes I end up at a different site all together--like say "Hallmark cards"??/ BUT if I hit the back arrow I am directed back to TGH site.
But hey--I guess all this keeps up on our toes huh???
________
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
No I don't think he's playing tricks,, Dodge's topic just got moved somehow wrong it .it seemed to merge with the coffee house, instead of it being stationed as a separate topic,, But it sure was a conversation piece wasn't it,,
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
I haven't had any of the above problems, except with people who change the subject line of a thread mid-stream.
Sheri (Bestoffour) didn't your dog have heartworms? How's she/he doing? I'll be headed down to Greensboro mid-August. Daughter Kat (#2 of 3) is getting married 8/24, and the wedding's in G'boro. Mom lives in McLeansville, just NW of G'boro. I've been thinking it would fun to meet, but with moving (9/1) and the wedding and all, I'm not sure this is really going to be possible. BUT, we'll be at Mom's for Christmas.
Thanks, Cricket, for inviting me to have coffee. Very relaxing.
Marica
(p.s. it's Mar-i-c-a)
"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Hi all, It is getting to be close to my bed time I hope- I am tired tonight- hubby's doc said he probably strained his back - not his disk problem. But it is treated the same way- same meds so he gave him more to take and if it's not better by Thurs he has to go back and they will schedule another MRI... just to make sure it's not the disk problem again... he plans to go to work tomorrow so hoping he us up to it... he is takiing it easier today... He also told him to go to a physical once or twice a week for at least a month... we are trying to find one that takes our insurance... not always easy.
People are still shooting off fireworks here- mostly the bangers... guess they haven't run out yet... Well off to get Mom her meds... and after I fold the clothes I am going to bed...oppps after I give Joe his meds too.... boy should have been a nurse for all the meds I pass out lately. Nana
Unique names are fun. At least for girls. For boys there is the boy named sue syndrome to combat. When I see Marica i mentally pronounce it America without the first 'a'. I guess I'm wrong again.
~Tina
Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Boy Sherri you have sure been busy. I am still going to physical therapy.
and I must say I am a believer in it.---I have been 2 different tiomes now--amd I have the sheets of exercises from both. If one does as they are told by the therapist (exercise wqise) it is a great thing.
and yes I too have often thoguht I should of been a nurse----it would have saved a lot of hassel, for sure.
________
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Unique names are fun. At least for girls. For boys there is the boy named sue syndrome to combat. When I see Marica i mentally pronounce it America without the first 'a'. I guess I'm wrong again.
well now Tina ya know I could well be the one that is wrong---
________
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
We woke up again to overcast skies and cooler temperatures. Well, at least we did get three days of sunshine!
I have much business to take care of this morning, so I can't stop to visit.
See you all later.
Merme
We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Zoom, was that Merme speeding by? I hope you get all of your things accomplished today and are not overtired at the end of it all, Merme. First cup. Today, after I take Ted to school, I go to work. I love puttering outdoors before the heat sets in. And although I have complained about the heat, I shouldn't have. We have had the coolest July on record so far with heat only reaching into the low 90's and cool nights for sleeping. I actually start out my mornings tossing on a sweat shirt. June was also all around coolest on record.
~Tina
Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Morning all.... hubby got up early to get ready for work ..think he is nuts cause it took him 15 min to get out of bed... but he says he is going... will take the next couple days off though.. meds are working- just not as quickly as before... at least he has another round of them to take .... It is hot already today.. we are going to have a hot week here- 100 or so by the weekend they say... sure would like to get my pool up before then... maybe we can get that to happen but I kind of doubt it. Well off to get my day started- Mom is eating so need to get my shower and laudndry started..want to finish it up. Nana
Still painting... ! But at least the weather is tolerable here. I like heat, but 100's my limit.
My name is weird. It's pronounced: ma-ree-sha (accent on the second syllable; like Marie + sha)
The story: Mom came over to the states from Germany when she was 19. When she & Dad married in 1958-- had me a respectable 9 1/2 months later!-- she wanted to make the name "Marikka" sound more American. (Marikka is a common name in many eastern European countries. It's pronounced ma-ree-ka. In fact, many folks I know from Europe see my spelling & automatically call me Marikka.) Anyway, she "softened" the two k's with a 'c', not appreciating how common the name "Marcia" was in the states.
So there you have it! And indeed, when I was learning how to spell "America" I just remembered to take out the 'e' and move the 'a'.
Why aren't the fixtures up in my bathroom? We have a very good contractor, but one fault is that he gets a project almost finished, and then moves to another. All I want to do (well, not all, but you know) is get some towel bars up and some curtains and step back and say "whew, something's finished."
"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your
referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).