Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't think I have ever had fried spaghetti, Merme. I have had spaghetti noodles in with stir fried dinners. Is it similar?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sorry, I was in the kitchen!

Fried spaghetti is a way to use up leftover cooked spaghetti which has had no sauce applied to it.

You need a heavy bottomed frying pan, some margarine & a little oil. You put the margarine & oil in the bottom of the pan. Toss in the cooked cold spaghetti by handfuls so it isn't all one stuck-together lump. You add some very finely diced onion on top & then cover with a lid (turning the heat down also) so it can fry & steam at the same time. After a bit, you lift the edge & peek underneath. It should be a nice golden brown & crispy. When it is, then you break eggs on top, making sure the yolks spread out. For a large pan, I use at least four eggs.

When the eggs are all spread, then you use a spatula to FLIP the entire thing! The spaghetti usually comes up all in one piece, sometimes in two or three smaller ones.

Now you really keep your eye on it so that you cook it only until the eggs are cooked. You do not want the second side to get crispy.

So, when you serve it, the spaghetti is all crispy & delicious on one side and soft & eggy on the other. It is yuumy!!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I've done that Merme and added a bit of left over brkft sausage(already Cooked) when I put the onion in It's very good,, I made that for my grandsons a couple of times,,( I got the reciepe from you about 2 years ago),, Sometimes I melt cheese on it after and sometimes Not,,, the boys put syrup on theirs,,,,, euwwwwwwww lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
A little syrup would probably be good, Diane!

Well, Maxi is off swimming. Dom had called last night to ask if Maxi might come over right then but Maxi had just gotten in the shower & was settling down for the night. If Dom had called a few minutes earlier, I would have let Maxi go. So, I told the boys he could go first thing today and sure enough, when Dom knocked, Maxi had his swim trunks on and his towel at the ready!

My girl is impossibly inexperienced with grocery shopping. She makes the craziest mistakes. Three events from this week....

I told her to buy 1 lb shaved steak from the deli. She came home without it because they called it shaved beef!! Didn't know that steak is a beef product.

I put 8 oz square brick of sharp cheddar ... and explained carefully what it looked like... the Cracker Barrel log style, square and about so long. DO NOT get the bigger bricks over in produce as they are too pricey! I nearly fainted when she came home with a TWO POUND SLAB! "What about this looks square to you?" So last night I grated most of it and put it in the freezer so it doesn't rot. It would take Maxi & I forever to eat 2 lbs of sharp cheddar.

I wrote on the list:
2 ltr diet Pepsi
2 ltr diet Ginger Ale

She brought home TWO 2 liter's of each!!

I showed her the list. What does this say?
"Two 1 liters of diet..."
"Does it?"
"Oh, I must have zoned out."

If it did say two 1 liters, why did she buy 2 liter bottles? why

I wish I was well enough to go with her every time to help until her skills improve.

She is 22 & told me her mom has never sent her to get the groceries. Oh? But sometimes, if she is with her mom, her mom will send her off to get one or two items in another location.

The kid just needs practice. I just wish her practice wasn't on my dime. But I remember when I first started doing the grocery shopping for my family. YIKES! I thought it was really hard and even in the 1970's I was shocked at how expensive groceries were.

Anyway, now I have a ton of cheese, twice as much soda as I ever wanted and no shaved steak. why

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Thank you for the recipe, Merme. I now remember you posting it before. I have to be careful with eggs. I say I am allergic to them but that is not quite true. I am just super sensitive and sometimes they will stay with me and others they can't wait to get out of me. I usually, from years of experience, know when I can eat them and when not.
Grocery shopping or any shopping for anyone else is hard. I have done this for a disabled neighbor.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've been watching the morning news and now I need cheered up. I think I am going to put in The Return of The King movie. That's good stuff.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
Oh I rarely watch the new especially in the mornings... do read the papers and thats enough news for anyone day.... I will have to try the spaghetti on the boys one day if I ever have any left over... they just might like it.
I am hungry now and thinking of making a fried egg sandwich for myself... then need to get Mom in shower and some laundry done so can iron later ... my internet has been going in and out but think I may have fixed it- the plug in the power stip the router is plugged into was loose so put it in another one- now it seems to be staying on- we shall see.....
Well off to get Mom's heater plugged in and warm up the bathroom...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I think your boys would probably like the fried spaghetti, Nana. Maxi really does. When he was very small I told him I only make it every 2 years. I was only kidding but I meant we don't eat it often. About six months went by before I made it again and he looked at me with some surprise and said "That was a fast two years, Mommy!" lol

Last night my kid was running around here pretending to be Batman. He put one of those temporary tattoos on his chest. Then he dashed through the house dressed as he normally does saying "By day, he is the teenager, Maxi Salunek." then he ran into the hallway, took his shirt off, added a giant towel to his shoulders and came back in saying "By night, he is the caped crusader Batman!"

It must have been about 10 PM and he had me cracking up.

I hope your day goes well, Nana.

We have to re-wash the last load of laundry from yesterday. We forgot to put it in the dryer and it went sour. Oh well. I will wait until tonight so the dryer doesn't heat up the house too much.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I try not to watch or listen to most of the depressing news. I do like the weather though. And tomorrow is to be our last unseasonable cool day. That is depressing in its own right. I will be forever feeling as though I did not take full advantage of it wisely while it was here.
Now I am readying myself to go out for a few forgotten things while I was out shopping yesterday. And to take care of the rental that I check on nearly daily. Gopt to get my son on the ball too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by nana
thinking of making a fried egg sandwich for myself..

that was My brkfst this morning thumbup

I'm doing laundry too last load in the dryer now,, :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I have a bunch of paperwork to do today so I can mail it in the morning. Gotta go for now.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am back. Even though it is much cooler than the usual August for us, it is still too warm to work out in the midday sun. I am thinking a snack and then a lie down for me. Old movies on the TV.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I just watched Iceage 3 Movie,, it was cute.

**************************CLOSED***************************************

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,314
Posts241,039
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image