Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
cricket #292085 Aug 10th, 2009 at 05:03 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh tht sounds really good to me- I am making tacos for dinner, boys are still here playing with Papa.. playing field hockey in the back yrd... I think Nicoli is gettng a cold though... just in time for school to start and he will be so good and share I know... here we go again...
We used to do puzzles like that all the time at work... wish I had a place I could set one up here but just not a place that it wouldn't be in the way...kids would like it I am sure...
Well think I will run these boys home and fix us some tacos for dinner... or maybe burritos.... I am hungry now for food!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #292087 Aug 10th, 2009 at 05:16 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Nana Crickets dinner sounded good so I went in the kitchen and made the meat for taco, burritos or taco salad what ever we want to make with the meat,, One good thing about taco meat you can use it many ways.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #292093 Aug 10th, 2009 at 06:02 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #292096 Aug 10th, 2009 at 06:29 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't know what I will have for dinner yet. I haven't gotten that far. Probably some steamed veggies with some pasta. Both of those are really handy. I will wait until I cool down a little though. It is still pretty warm and I have been working outside.
My trees are topped. I have a little repair work to do on the roof of one of my aluminum sheds. And I have a water line to fix up some. But my trees are topped. I am very happy with that. There is over a cord of wood, cut to length, from it all for future years all stacked and most is of burnable size. Only a little to split.
It also smells lovely out there. That is a side benefit of growing eucalyptus.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #292099 Aug 10th, 2009 at 06:42 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Sorry Tina - I am not a fan of eucalyptus - it's one of those scents that gives me horrendous headaches. But I am glad you like it. And I'm glad that you got your trees taken care of and have lots of wood to burn to boot!

Tacos would have been nice for dinner here, but since it was only my son and I, we had broiled pork chops and corn on the cob, with some sliced fresh veggies.

It is coming down in buckets and more buckets outside once again. We had this same exact thunderstorm last night - same time, same high winds, same pouring rain!!! The ONLY good thing about all this rain is that we haven't had to use the lawn sprinklers at all this summer, and I haven't had to water my flowers to much either. Though I did need to water the pots on the front porch and deck this afternoon after the temperature was well into the 90's for the first time this summer. I just KNEW it would rain once I did that, but the pots had dried out completely from last night's rain!

I always worry when one of my kids is out in this weather, and Amy drove a friend and herself to a party across the county about 1/2 hour away. Of course when I heard and saw fire engines and other vehicles with lights and sirens an hour ago, the nervous mom in me perked up. Now I won't rest easy til she gets home at her curfew of 2a.m.!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #292105 Aug 10th, 2009 at 07:32 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
just checking in. That's all.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Marica #292106 Aug 10th, 2009 at 07:55 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi, marica.....

Lynne----I say as long as the police do not come knocking at your door tonight saying there has been an accident--then try your best NOT to worry about Amy and the sirens that you have heard---- why kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #292107 Aug 10th, 2009 at 07:57 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I know, Carol... I'm just a worrywort! But thanks!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #292108 Aug 10th, 2009 at 07:59 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I know Lynne, that just makes you a good Mom-----

and it is easy for me to tell you that---since I do not have to wait up for mine anymore. I did not mean to offend, so I hope I did not do so.

________

JunieGirl #292109 Aug 10th, 2009 at 08:03 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
No, of course you did not offend me, Carol.
I often think about that too, when I'm trying to calm myself.

Well the storm seems to be over, and I would open the windows tonight, but Don is not feeling well and prefers the AC, so it will stay on, and I will wake up all congested once again. Ahhhhh what we do for our spouses, huh?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #292111 Aug 10th, 2009 at 08:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots

Well the storm seems to be over, and I would open the windows tonight, but Don is not feeling well and prefers the AC, so it will stay on, and I will wake up all congested once again. Ahhhhh what we do for our spouses, huh?

I am glad that your storms seem to be over, Lynne. I am sorry that don is not feeling well, I hope he is feeling better soon. Finally, yes we do a lot for our spouses (& our children)---I so hope for us (& them) that they realize it. :wink:

________

JunieGirl #292112 Aug 10th, 2009 at 08:23 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nana my family are all puzzlers. Our maternal grandmother taught us to save a big piece of lightweight plywood for puzzling. She'd put it on the table while working it and then slide the board under the bed when she needed the table.

We are having taco salad for dinner tomorrow night. I was thinking of it all day and then I came here & saw y'all talking taco talk. I had to chuckle. Something must have been in the air.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #292113 Aug 10th, 2009 at 08:43 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night, everyone--I am off to sleep now---ceramics tomorrow--- wavy

________

Marica #292122 Aug 10th, 2009 at 10:47 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Marica
just checking in. That's all.

Zoom, there she went by like a speeding bullet.
I am also checking in to say good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292123 Aug 11th, 2009 at 02:50 AM
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hello Gardeners! Long time once again. Summer is here finally with a vengence.
I liked the cool summer, HUMID! thank god for the new air.
And I wont have to water for days, Mowing, well that is another story! LOL
Everything is growing great. Now that its humid and warm at night will my hundreds of green tomatoes finally get red? Been a weird summer for veg. here!
Hope everyone is well. Kim luv

[Linked Image]
Ditchy #292125 Aug 11th, 2009 at 07:16 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. So nice to see you, Kim. I am sorry your summer hit so hard but glad you have a chance at some red tomatoes finally.
I slept in this morning. But that is alright because I must have needed it. I don't have big plans. I need to go out and purchase a few things or I would be out raising a sweat cleaning up my outdoor areas some more. It is to be hot today, nearing triple digits if not achieving them. So not much will get done out there until it cools off in the evening. We will see what I have stamina for later. I will be doing a lot of watering though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292126 Aug 11th, 2009 at 07:33 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Another stormy day here on the coast of Maine.

I am up to my chin in business paperwork and phone calls! yikes

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #292127 Aug 11th, 2009 at 07:42 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
I was up early and had coffee and a bagel.. Mom slept in some and so did Joe he is enjoying his last few days off of not taking kids to school yet... he just got up and took the paper and his coffee out to the swing in the backyard... going to be a warm (90's) day here so not planning on a lot today... do have boys later and on Wed they will spend the night as Carrie is working late and Jon is going to a Rockies game with his brother.... so the airbeds will come out again...LOL!
Well off to the trenches to see what I can get done.... really need to get rid of some stuff in the basement.. maybe that will be my project today...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme #292128 Aug 11th, 2009 at 07:58 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad it is only up to your neck so you can still breath, Merme. I hope it all comes to a speedy conclusion and resolved in a favorable way to you.
I took care of phone business and paperwork yesterday while trying to stay out of the working men's way outside. There wasn't much else I could do. So I got it done. I should be good to go for a long time now. I hope.
I am making a list of what I need to purchase today. The list is growing and means about 3 different stores so far. I began thinking of one or two items then said "Oh yeah, I need........too". Ted is only good for about 3 stores and then is ready to come home. I am only good for about the same. The car is cool, the stores are cool but that brutal heat between is debilitating. But at least two of those stops are a necessity for today and the other for sometime this week. They are all close to each other so we can do it. I am trying to cheer myself on. And procrastinating because one of those stores doesn't open for another hour or more. So right now I am drenching my gardens in water. And slowly readying myself and Ted for the outing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292130 Aug 11th, 2009 at 09:48 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry the heat is so bad where you are, Tina! Glad your car is cool, though.

So you have a sleep over planned for Wednesday night, Nana? That could be fun. Maxi's been trying to arrange a sleep over either here or at his friends house, but the nights having been working out for us all. Hopefully soon!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #292132 Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:04 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am back. I got all accomplished that I intended to. Except Walgreen's was out of Ted's ensure wannabe so I will have to go further afield for those. Ensure and almost all of the stores have gone to plastic bottles and Ted will not drink out of those. He will only drink from a can and Walgreen's still uses the cans. If/when they go to bottles, Ted will have to come up with a plan 'B'. It is one of his silly little OCD things. Whatever he drinks, it is with a straw anyway. I am just glad he no longer has big issues if they change the labels.
Now I am looking for whatever is on the menu today. I just don't always know what we want to eat until it is beyond time for cooking.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292135 Aug 11th, 2009 at 01:13 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My business was only partially successful today. I will have to try again later in the week.

AND I got distracted and forgot to tell my girl to run down to Maxi's school & pick up the enrollment packet! She'll have to do that tomorrow.

Maxi went off swimming with his buddies.... they are keeping one eye on the sky because there are t-storms in the area. He plans to be home by 6 and we will eat by 7.

Taco salad tonight.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #292143 Aug 11th, 2009 at 02:44 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
my son went to the movies this afternoon with his buddy. the boys school is giving out schedules, lockers, bus routes this evening so the other boys mom is gonna take both of them up there to take care of that on the way back from the movies. thumbup one less thing for me, although I do enjoy the excitement of seeing where all his classes will be, and him running into his old buddies and them yaking about who has which lunch period ext.

tonight, I'm making mac and cheese, warming up a can of refried beans, and dragging out salad fixins. I just rinsed off a fresh batch of home grown bean sprouts. hubby snagged him up some before I could even get them into the fridge, and made himself a humongo salad. I'll drag the roast out from last night too and everybody can just either eat it like it is or wrap it up in a tortilla like we did last night. but tonight we'll have some refritoes to add as well. MAN, I'm making myself VERY hungry just talking about it!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
cricket #292177 Aug 11th, 2009 at 05:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Ted's school packet came in the mail today. I like not having to have anyone go to the school to pick up the stuff. Mail works for me. Of course as I am Ted's transportation to and from, I am at the school and in touch pretty constantly. And a classroom supplier of a lot of supplies and fun stuff because that is fun for me.
Dinner is still inconclusive. I'm thinking of a salad with some chicken I have in the fridge. It is still hot out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292184 Aug 11th, 2009 at 08:01 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
That's all for me for tonight.

Maxi is going to bed. I just made a last cup of coffee and am going to read for a while and then to bed on the early side of late.

The rainstorm really helped our weather today. It is much more pleasant this evening although the boys couldn't see the meteor shower because of the low cloud cover. Maybe tomorrow night.

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #292185 Aug 11th, 2009 at 08:14 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I finished up all of Ted's paperwork for the coming year. I am very glad I only have one chick in school. I really wish they could just carry over the info and ask if there are any changes to be made. The only change this year is father info because he is deceased.
I have also been going through his drawers and getting rid of outgrown or ratty clothes. I am washing the new clothes that came today in the mail (I love this!) to restock those drawers.
I sent Jonni off to check out Target's 75% sale online stuff. I just ordered some restock items for myself as well. I live in sweats and tee's or jeans and tee's with sweatshirts. I did purchase a couple of pairs of jeans recently. But my tee's are getting mighty thin and worn around the necklines. Most of them are 5 years old or more. I don't shop for clothes for me very often. So letting my fingers do the walking is really appealing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292186 Aug 11th, 2009 at 08:15 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Merme. Sleep well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme #292211 Aug 12th, 2009 at 04:46 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

The rainstorm really helped our weather today. It is much more pleasant this evening
Merme

I'm Glad you got some relief last night Merme grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #292214 Aug 12th, 2009 at 05:42 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, it was very nice, Diane!

Good morning, everybody! wavy

Another busy day in the Salunek Stampede through August.

See you all later!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #292215 Aug 12th, 2009 at 06:10 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I was up once in the night with a sinus issue. I then went back to bed and had some very busy dreams. I woke exhausted from all of the running around I was doing in my dreams. Coffee will set me up though.
I don't have major plans for my day today. It is to be cooler so I will see what I can accomplish outdoors. I have trees to fell and rakes to swing. As much water to disburse as I can. Good things are happening around here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292232 Aug 12th, 2009 at 04:08 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I bet your place is looking very nice, tina. are you gonna show us some pics?
I just read you tag line. too true!

we got a really nice rain today! clap it was completly unexpected to me. this morning the only digital channel I could get to come in was from a station 3-4 towns up from us. THEY had a 30 percent chance but It didn't look like our area would be getting any of their rain. it was moving in the a different direction.

I mentioned earlier in the year how the deer whiped out most of our garden this year, due to the drought. poor things were just running out of things to eat. we somehow managed to come out with one lone watermelon. (the one that was growing up a tomato cage and was hammocked. anyway, I noticed today the stem had turned brown so I picked it. I carried it in one hand. haha it was just a bit bigger than a softball! lol I cut it all up on a dinner plate...my entire '09 watermelon harvest fit on a plate! good grief. but it was red. not sweet, but not sour.

Cricket

cricket #292233 Aug 12th, 2009 at 04:31 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Quote from Cricket "I bet your place is looking very nice, tina. are you gonna show us some pics?"
It is not looking nice at all. I don't have a camera but I would have loved to take before and after pictures of some of the crud. Or my truck-sized piles of debris piled up for hauling. Well, my computer won't recognize any camera I plug into it.
What I am cleaning up is mostly 2-3 year old debris that we normally kind of maintain pretty regularly, used to. The leaves and long shredded bark from the eucalyptus trees and others. A lot of broken branches and such. It got way backed up due to illness and life dealings. And a lot got destroyed by two unusual winter freezes the last couple of years. That not only kills plants that mostly do well here if the winters are normal but it also helps destroy a lot of my above ground sprinkler systems. Then I can't use then to water. So I have a lot to work on before I can say it is beautiful. But working I am. Just not in the heat of the day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292239 Aug 12th, 2009 at 05:03 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
keep on a truckin, tina.

is the week over yet? my feet hurt! lol

Cricket

cricket #292243 Aug 12th, 2009 at 06:23 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cricket I love that you had enough watermelon to cut up onto one plate!

Next year will be better!

I am too exhausted to stay and visit so I will see you all tomorrow.

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #292249 Aug 12th, 2009 at 06:57 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello wavy
How is everyone---Is anyone still awake????

________

Merme #292250 Aug 12th, 2009 at 06:57 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Merme. i hope you rest well and wake refreshed.
Rain is good, cricket. i envy you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292268 Aug 12th, 2009 at 09:19 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am dropping in to bid all good night. I have some stuff planned for tomorrow early. So I am going to attempt an early night. And see if my sinuses will let me sleep through tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #292269 Aug 12th, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night, Tina snooz

________

JunieGirl #292281 Aug 13th, 2009 at 04:45 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning Everyone wavy
I hope each of you have get sprinkled with sparkles of fun and joy today

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #292285 Aug 13th, 2009 at 05:23 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
"sprinkled with sparkles of fun and joy" I like that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,932
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image