Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy good morning all. scott is snoozing away, mom is here from pa, and today is the big anniversary party. 25 years and neither of us are in jail for murder 1. i think we are doing well lol

carol, i'm glad rod thought enough to bring you breakfast in bed. that hasn't happened here in a lot of years.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
cindy bear, you are so funny haha scott used to bring ME breakfast once in a while (once in a great while). but, for carol to get rod to bring breakfast for her is awesome!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Well I have NEVER had breakfast brought to me in bed - EVER!
So please ask Rod where my roll is - skip the coffee thank you very much!

Getting ready to take Butterscotch to the vet - poor thing doesn't know what he's in for - he's only been in a carrier once before. He'll do well I'm sure of it though - I just love the way he looks us in the eyes now with complete trust! luv thumbup

We had storms all night - started yesterday afternoon when it blew all my plant pots off the deck railing and broke a few in the process. madd We are in for them all weekend as Hurricane Bill comes up the coast. All the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean in NY and NJ are closed for the weekend also, because the tides are already huge and the riptides extremely dangerous! nervous Stay safe everyone!!!

How's the weather by all of you? Anyone else feeling the effects of BILL??? shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
...Anyone else feeling the effects of BILL??? shock
we've had the effects of the storm for a while. last night was the worst rain and while the beaches aren't closed, they have strong warnings out. and i told my kids and visitors that i would beat them if they did more than put their toes in the water when they went to the beach tomorrow (weather permitting)

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think that is 'Himmicane Bill'. and it is all over our news too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks--I was very pleased. thumbup Ok Lynne--I will ask Rod where your roll is---although it will be a little old by the time he gets it to you. rolz lol

I hope Butterscotch's Drs. visit goes well, and that he his test results come out OK.

PS: I was just reading back--I will also tell Rod he forgot to get you a roll & coffee, Cindy---

Moving on, ---I thought I heard that Bill was downgraded to a tropical storm or some such???

Jiffy I will be thinking of you today and tonight. Will there be pictures???

I think a 5x7 or a 8x12 would be a nice rememberance. why

Jennifer & Scott
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OMG!! I have just read Butterscotch's thread---I am SOOOOO Sorry !!! kissie kissie

Is there any chance that the test could have come out wrong??

On a brighter note....
BTW: I love your new "froggie" & lily pad in your signature line. thumbup

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks Carol.

No chance it is wrong - the vet said it usually takes about 10 minutes for the results to show, but his showed in about 2 minutes. boohoo

I just KNOW it was that black tuxedo cat who always bullied him when he was in the outdoor cathouse on our deck. And now I have to call our friend who lives up the street - he also has an orange tabby that this tuxedo cat has shredded a few times. Their cat is an outdoor/indoor cat but they should know that Butterscotch tested positive.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH my I am so sorry for you (not to mention Butterscotch) that you have to go thru this..... tears
I am sure your friend will appreciate your calling and telling about BS results. Does anyone know who the tuxedo cats belongs to??

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
We're pretty sure the tuxedo cat is a feral cat, though he is pretty clean looking. We don't really know for sure.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
oh my--I am so sorry......

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

it is time for me to go and catch some rest, before I get cleaned up to go to a picnic/BBQ that the place where my MIL lives is throwing.

perhaps I'll catch you all tonight later.. wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Rest well, Carol. I'm going to take a stretch/snooze myself.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, i laid me down but forgot a couple of things. Like shutting down my computer for a bit. I will be back later.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone! Lots going on here. We had an issue with the school district which resulted in Joey being kicked out of his school (he's been going there since kindergarten) and for his last year too. We got everything worked out with the school district but since he was kicked out of his school, it filled up and he can't get back in. We decided to put him in the school that is closer to our house, it wasn't full. So, on one hand the poor kid has to start over and be the new kid for his last year of elementary. On the other hand, he's closer to home (only two blocks) and hopefully will make friends in our neighborhood.

Today we are going to the store to get some school shopping done. The girls are getting anxious to know what classes they will have this year. Hopefully their school letters will come this week. The kids will also be working this week, putting out flyers for their dad's business. Wish us luck that these flyers will generate some business for us.

Not sure what other plans we have for this weekend, I have a book to read for a book club I'm going to go to next Friday but other than that I hope to just have a nice relaxing weekend. This last week at work was really hectic and I really need some relaxation before going back on Monday. Hope everyone here has a nice relaxing weekend!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I relaxed myself into a nice little nap. Was woken by a phone call of course. It is hot and humid out with an occasional cloud that looks like rain. But those clouds just move right on. It is humid enough where I will stay inside hiding for the bulk of the sunny portion of the day. Although I can look out the window and see things screaming for attention out there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
It has cooled off here back to our normal temps, thank goodness. That heat wave was really a bummer but I'm glad it only lasted a week. Hope you're able to stay cool Tina. I don't like humid heat, dry heat is much more tolerable.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Dry heat is much more tolerable. But I am at a time when I am torn. Dry heat for us also means increased danger of fires spreading fast and furiously.
Humidity and t-storms that come with it often comes with its own fire danger from lightning.
I have a one-track (burning) mind. lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Well, no school shopping today. We missed the sale, apparently it only went until noon. Oh well, school doesn't start for a couple weeks yet, we still don't know what the girls need and we don't know for sure what school Joey will be going to so maybe it's better that we wait. I've been sitting on my butt, either reading or playing online, since I made breakfast this morning. I love lazy days, my sciatic doesn't so much though. I forgot to mention that I started a 5K training program and I go for walks now every day at work. I've been quit smoking for 4 months now and haven't really gained any weight. I've added fat in weird places but what can you do? I feel great. This year has been better for me than the the last 3 combined, the last 2 for sure. Now we just need to get Aros working. Hopefully I'll know by next week when I make a wedding date! My mom is getting anxious, lol.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope Aros is employed soon. And that your wedding comes of without a hitch. Ted goes back to school on Tuesday and for once I am ready, he is ready, we are ready.
I am going out to work off the setting sun. It is too hot during the day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH I so wish I were still getting my girls ready for school--(that would mean that they were still home dont ya know)

I will anxiously await the news of the date of your wedding, cheryl

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
The girls only have 5 years left, including this year, before they'll be looking at leaving. It seems so close and so far away at the same time. They just turned 14 a week ago friday, I can't believe that at this time next year they can start legally learning how to drive. Hopefully by then I'll have a better (newer) car for them to learn how to drive a stick.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH my goodness--You had better rest up now, because you will lose sleep a lot of nights once they have their license--and this from a mom who never really had any trouble form her kids--it is jsut the idea of them being out, alone ya know??/

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Yeah, I know. We don't anticipate much trouble from them, they haven't given us much so far and they keep coming home with straight A report cards by their own doing. But it is scary, even if they are taught to be the best drivers out there there are always the bad drivers and those are the ones that scare me. But, Aros will lose more sleep than I will I'm sure. His worry will easily be double whatever mine is considering I'm not the natural parent.

A funny thing happened last night. I was telling Joey that it was his turn to clean the table and kitchen floor. He wanted to play his video game but Aros told him, "go clean the table and floor, the mom says you have to." To which Joey replied, "she's not the mom yet." That kids is so funny. When the kids were younger they used to ask me if I was glad I signed up for this family.

I don't know if I ever mentioned before Carol, Ashley loves frogs and collects frog stuff too.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is always the 'other' drivers we need to worry about. And it really never stops.
Blended families can be tough but can be fun too. You have been in these kids' lives a long time. And you have been there for them. That makes a mom.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am very tired for someone who didn't do much today. I am going to put my kid and myself to bed. Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night Tina, sleep well. kissie

Cherly, no I do not think you have ever mentioned about Ashley and her love for frogs---I will try to rememebr that. Tell her she has good taste.'

NOW!! about you not being the natural mom--I beg to differ. you may not be the biological Mom, but you are definately THE MOM here. As Tina says all that you do, and have done makes you the mom- :wink:

and we would know as we are "the moms" ourselves, don't ya know. bow

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nighty night everyone. wavy

Sleep well..... snooz

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am awaiting the sun. We have another hot humid day beginning. Maybe this one will sprinkle some rain on us. That would be very nice.
Coffee is on for all!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Do you need a diet, Cindy?
I bought weekend food for me because Jonni was going to be gone. I feel like I polished off the whole weekend's worth yesterday. I didn't but now what is around is not appealing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
Was up early and got mom's meds ready for the coming week in the dispenser box.. then she slept in so got a later start- she knows it's shower day I think and wants to put it off ... oh well won't work- got to do stuff today I have finally woken up without a headache so gotta get stuff done today... have a shopping for school stuff for Joseph later today too... she said he didn't have a big list this yr...
We have a warm day today in the 90's, then will cool off to the 80's this week- fall is around the corner ..you can feel it but sure hope it waits to bring winter in this yr... want to get my chimmney cleaned and then the carpets before the nasty stuff happens weather wise.
Got some coffee, tea and juice here for everyone- and some tasty coffee bread and muffins too... fresh fruit salad too...... help yourselves and enjoy!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Ah, Chimneys. That is another job I have been putting off for now. I do not want to crawl up onto the hot roof yet. But I do mine about once a month during the burning season so it isn't such a huge job.
I am glad you woke without a headache today, Nana. I have missed you a lot while you were not up to posting as much. I love watching your grandkids grow here.
I have been out working. I keep telling myself when I come in for a break that I am done until it cools off later. But I go out to move my sprinkler and see one more thing I could get done in a jiffy. But that is not bad at all.
Last night I was working after sundown when it was still light enough to see that there are no snakes around. I heard an other-worldly voice say my name. It was a wee bit spooky but it was only the worker I want to hire to help me. He was working on cleaning inside the fenced in heated pool area right near me so I couldn't see him. He said, "Stop working". I said, "I can't, I am afraid of fires". He said he would come help on Tues. He has little English so I keep it basic. Ted starts school on Tuesday and I drive him there. But I hope Jose does come anyway and begins. But I do hope he works in the outlying areas because those are the ones toughest for me to get to while I'm watching Teddy at the house.
While Ted is in school I plan on cranking up the chainsaw and take down some dead trees I have. And some pines that are too closely planted together. Having the fire danger litter removed from underneath them will be a Godsend. I have done some of it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy Tina... do you speak any Spanish to help with communicating with Jose... it's funny to me cause my hubby is Joseph but if I want him to listen I call him Jose and he turns right around- think it's cause his Mom calls him that....LOL!
Well gotta go get Mom in shower- Carrie will be ready to go to the store in about 2 hours that will give me time to get showers done and lunch too- maybe even start some laundry....
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I speak little Spanish. I understand much more of it if it is spoken slowly. Very slowly. I can read it even better.
I have laundry going now. I needed to strip beds today. All of the water I use inside and out makes me glad I don't pay for it. Well, we pay a lump sum for our water use every year and it doesn't alter by how much we use. For this I am grateful because I am making up for a couple of thin watering years. We are maybe going to have a great rain year to make up for a few drought years too.
I went back out and fixed a couple of my micro sprinklers. That is wet work and something to enjoy when it is hot and humid. I am going to take Teddy out to lunch at MacDonalds in a while. He enjoys that a lot. And we may just cruise a mall and window shop a bit too. We like people watching and a mall is a cool place to spend hot days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Morning everyone! You were all up so early today that the coffee is probably cold by now. Oh well, I'll go put on a fresh pot. breakfast Not much going on here today. I'm considering getting my bike out of the garage and biking to the store today. I probably will just get into my car later but the bike sounds like a good idea. I need to pick up some things to make my lunches and I used all the bandaids so I better get some more of those too.

Nana and Tina, you are both always so busy. Where do you find all the energy? I could sure use some. I have an oil spill in the garage that I keep putting off cleaning up. Maybe I'll get to that today.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good afternoon! wavy Cleaning house here today. I have our sheets hanging on the line and a few more loads of laundry to do I guess. I am waiting for the kitchen and entry way floor to dry so thought I would pop in here and see what is happening! I have lots more to do today. Grocery shopping is on my to do list too. The new (temporary) babysitter starts tomorrow and they will be at our house. That means I need to make sure the fridge and freezer is stocked with kid friendly food for lunches and snacks. There is another little boy that will be here too and a couple other kids once in a while but not every day. This should be interesting. I know all the kids so I am not too concerned but I would rather they not be at my house every day. Once school starts we will take turns with one of the other families which will be nice. Hopefully I find something permanent soon!

We had a birthday party to go to yesterday. They had a bounce castle there. The kids had a blast. I am thinking I may rent one for one of our next parties. They must have jumped in that thing for 3 hours straight. Wore them out good! lol

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sounds like they had a blast! I remember when the kids used to love things like that. Hope you find permanent child care soon, I know it will take a load off but I'm glad you at least have something temporarily. You're one of those busy weekend people too? I really feel lazy, but that's okay. I'm back to work tomorrow, laziness time is almost over.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I changed my mind about going out today. Glad I didn't mention it to Teddy. It is just plain too hot to get in and out of the car today. I will get a little more done around here instead. And eat my own cooking. And nap.
Teddy is 15 and still loves those jumpers.
I also hope your childcare woes are solved permanently soon, Jessica.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image