Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well I managed to get out there and get the leaves onto the compost pile. I still need to turn it. And I got about half of the rocks back where they belong so that I don't turn my ankle walking out to the gardening space.

The back parking lot is half gravel and half old concrete. And the gravel gets on the concrete and gives my weak ankles a real run for the money. So I try to sweep the rocks back into place. After the winter it's a big job but then it's easy to keep up.

I still have lots to do. I want to dig up the chinese lanterns and get them all together. They are scattered and I want it to look more like a patch of flowers. The I've absolutely got to get out there and plant the tomatoes. They are starting to die.

So actually I guess the tomatoes come first. I just have to wait until the Relief Society President calls me. I know that won't be before 8:00 so I can play on the computer until then. lol

[Linked Image]
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Night before last I raked and pulled out the dead stalks in my island garden. Hey things were coming up under all that debris! Then last night I remembered to bring home a bag of mulch and put that on one corner of the garden. Another bag or two tonight...I should be done by the weeks end.Just a bit at a time or I'll end up straining something!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
5k Posts
5k Posts
Yesterday it was so beautiful outside, sunny 70 degrees, so my son & I planted strawberries. I also planted 2 pots of Peruvian Daffodils, & can't wait to see them come up! All my perennials are looking great, Stargazer & Red Hybrid Lilies, Stella De Oro Daylily, Sedum Rosea, Yellow Cupid Sunrise Minirose, & Mini red rose, Lamb's Ear, Dark Dancer all coming up nicely, amongst others I can't remember the names of at the moment! I mulched everything before our last frost, & I really think it made a big difference in how well my flowers came up regarding how the weather was changing back and forth so drastically.

[Linked Image]
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
;)

Wow, same temperatures here, and I was planting strawberries also .50 yesterday.
Still have 50 coming somewhere.

Oh how we love strawberry Jam ...And grape jam and peach .
We are naturalists ......in food.

;o) lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well today I took my tomatoes and Egyptian Walking onions out to harden off. Then I took the bricks out of the garden where I had planned on making a step. That plan didn't work out. So when my neighbor said they wanted some bricks for beside there walk way I had them. So I put them all in a pile and when they are ready for them we can just stack them in their wheelbarrow and cart them over to their place. They are the nicest people.

Then Juanita came over and got her tomatoes, peppers, coleus and the small Epi start that came off of mine during shipping. It's started two small leaves so I know it's in good shape. She seemed really excited so I'm happy with that. Now I just have to wait for Theresa to come over and get her four plants and everything will be on track again.

I have window space again now so I'm thinking about maybe planting some of my lambs ear. I love that plant. And it would be so fun to have it in the front containers. There is still space in them for more stuff and I'm thinking of putting some of the chives or the thyme in there.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Sybil if you need any seeds please let me know. My tradelist is up in the seed exchange and I'll send you any of the types that I have more than one packet of that you may want. Wow, that's some bad grammar. Hopefully you can decipher my very bad grammar.

I don't know if they would arrive in time for this year but we could try.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image