Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Pictures of projects are always so fun to see.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, Ted is home from school now. I had thought I might go out and work but not in that air out there. It is about as bad as I have ever seen it quality-wise. It is definitely hide indoors for the rest of the day. I don't want to wish for a wind to blow it away either. That would not do the firefighters any good at all.
So Is a nap it in order.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I just listened to the news about the fires over there- no wind is needed - they said some of them may burn till middle of Sept if it doesn't rain .... so sad to see all those homes gone and the deaths of the firefightes too... stay safe Tina.... indoor stuff is good too.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy i'm still alive... we are gearing up for opening at work, we got in the first 200 students in the last week, we'll get in the next 300 students in the next 10 days. we got about 100 in today grin and i got nearly that many hugs grin this hundred is my student staff.

just so y'all know, even when i'm not posting/commenting i am reading and caring!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you are alive, Jiffy. And glad the stampede of returning students didn't bowl you over.
I need to take another shower and see about getting more of the pine pitch off of me. I missed some with first application of wd40. Then I am going to bed. I hope to see everyone tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am up. I let myself sleep in because I decided last night that Ted would not go to school today. The air quality is very bad. The school is air conditioned and probably cleaner air than my swamp coolers provide. But the trip there and back will be bad. I am also not intending on doing anything outside today beyond water, water, water.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well I don't blame you a bit for staying inside as much as possible today- when I watched the sun come up today it was blood red and kind of muted at same time- and its not cloudy here ... was the smoke from all the fires , Cali's, Utah's and there are a couple here too .. stay safe and take it as easy as you can with the watering.
I was up early today- went to bed early last night and slept thru too... unusual for me to not wake up a couple times ... still don't feel just right yet- this bug doesn't want to go away I guess..
Well it's time to make mom's breakfast and get Joe up for his second round of kid running to school... then we do have grocery shopping to do too... sure could do without that chore....
Coffee is on and breakfast is almost ready.... put your orders in now!
Nana

[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

I don't blame you for keeping Ted home today, Tina. Stay in and stay safe.

Nana....you are busy as always. Rest up so you can kick your cold.

It was a chilly morning here again. 45 this morning. Supposed to get to 73. I really don't mind this weather. It is comfortable weather. The mornings are a bit chilly but it warms up quick.

Tristen starts school next Tuesday. He is getting excited. I have been slowly getting him back to his bedtime and morning schedule so that it is not a shock to his system next week. We are doing pretty good I think.

Our deck did not get worked on last night. But, the friend of ours that is helping says he is coming over tonight. Hopefully it actually happens this time.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I will cross my virtual fingers for your deck, Jessica.
I will be taking life very easy today. Ted will be good at home. The sun never actually rose today. It is buried deep behind smoke clouds. The nearly full moon last night was blood red behind the haze. It is to be about 100* today and you could feel it even at dawn.
But we are safe so far in our little corner so I am feeling good about what I have accomplished in my weed abatement efforts.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I am surprised they don't cancel school when the air quality is that bad, Tina. I suppose this happens often enough that they can't?!? why

Thanks for crossing your fingers for me. thumbup

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
They have canceled school in a lot of areas, Jess. But the actual fires are a little distance from the schools in my town. It is just that the smoke is sinking a lot and settling in our valley. We could wish for wind to blow it away but that would not be helpful in the firefighting efforts. They do and can cancel schools if they feel it is necessary. And if it is an emergency situation they don't even have to make up the days for federal funds like snow days or something.
Fires are fairly common here but not an every day occurrence. As are earthquakes. The idea is to be prepared and watchful. So they will watch the number of people going to emergency rooms with asthma and things like that to calculate when to shut different schools down.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Where are the fire fighters getting the gallons of water they're having to use?

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Oh that makes sense, Tina.

Hi Sheri wavy

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Jessica. It's a little chilly here today too not 45 though. It's like a nice fall day with a little breeze. We finally got a little rain and things have perked back up.

You guys start school a lot later then we do.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Water is everywhere. What isn't here naturally has been shipped in via canals from the Colorado river that forms the boundary between us and Arizona. It is stored in large man-made lakes that are used for recreation as well as a basic water source. We have actually changed the climate bringing in so much water. But we do have natural water too. Without it this area would have never been settled. Most of the water in this area is from a river that is underground most of the year and begins in our valley and empties out into the Pacific Ocean in Orange County.
Water for firefighting is plentiful but needs to be moved to where it is needed. Big tanker trucks, and water dropping aircraft move a lot of water to the fires.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Hi Jessica. It's a little chilly here today too not 45 though. It's like a nice fall day with a little breeze. We finally got a little rain and things have perked back up.

You guys start school a lot later then we do.

It seems like we start school a lot later than a lot of places. I know that your school has different breaks throughout the year so you have a longer school year but are all the schools like that or do they have a long break over summer? Our school always starts the day after Labor Day and gets out either the last week of May or first week of June.

I like fall days. I bet your fall days are a lot different than mine. lol What are the temps on a fall day there?

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm at year round schools but the traditional schools started last week and go until June 10th. How can you guys start late and get out before us. I like that plan.

My fall day is 70 degrees. I'll bet your in the pool if it's 70.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
At 70* I'm looking for a sweater.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I lived in CA when I was little Tina. We would go to Big Bear to see the snow. I like have a little cold weather, operative word is "little". I don't know that I could live in Minnesota like Jessica. I'd be frozen solid.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I'm not sure how our schools do it, Sheri. Maybe we have less days off throughout the school year?!? why

I would not be in a pool at 70* but I would be in short sleeves. It has to be 80 or close to it before I will go in the pool.

I don't care for our winters either but honestly I would take our winters before I would take your summers. I don't think I could take that heat all summer. It gets hot here but not for the length of time and the extreme that you have. I guess we all get used to our climates.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Lucky for you Jessica. Our schools start next Wednesday and they don't get out until June 22nd. They have at least one unnecessary day off every month, they have a week off in February, a week off in March/April, 2 weeks off in December. If it snows or we have bad winds that knock out power that adds to the end of the year and makes them get out even later.

Today is our 7th anniversary so I took the day off of work and am sitting at home with Aros being lazy. This is also our last anniversary as a non married couple. He was joking with me at how lucky I am that I get two anniversary dates in less than 12 months. He does too, I pointed out to him. Don't know what our plans are today. We were thinking of doing some photography but it's cloudy and overcast. Maybe if it clears up a bit we'll go out later. Right now I'm cooking a very late breakfast. Steak, eggs, toast, and hashbrowns for Aros. Hashbrowns and eggs mess for me. Yummy!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds lovely, Cheryl. I had a late breakfast of hashbrown mess myself, without the eggs.
I laid down for an hour or so. Pretty sure I will do it again before the day is out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Cindy.
But glad you are staying on top of your health issues. Those are not nice dinners.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I was buying those meals for John. He liked them. That was good for nights Jonni and I were eating pasta. Which was not his favorite thing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am munching on wonderful, cool grapes. That was my dinner last night. Sometimes it is just too hot to eat. I have lost a few pounds this summer. That is a good thing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
HI. I finally got my Bacon, lettuce 7 Tomatioe sandwiches made for supper---yummy!! I felt sorry for Rod so I put frozen french fries in the oven for him as well. Then after h e was done eating I drug out some boughten packaged cakes for him--he was in heaven silly boy. rolz

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Rod doesn't consider a sandwich as dinner I guess? A lot of men are meat and potatoes and don't appreciated diving into a BLT.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I like frozen dinners, does that mean I'm strange? I do have to be really picky about them though. The other night I had one that was pasta primavera. I was impressed with the flavor of the vegetables for having been frozen. I could've done with less of the carrots though. Don't know what we're doing for dinner but it's only 3:12 here so I don't have to worry about that for a while yet. Fred Meyer has brought back the brownies that I love so much. They used to sell them, we all fell in love with them, then they discontinued them. I found it on the shelf again last time I was in there. I was so excited! I just finished eating not too long ago, it was still warm.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome, Cheryl. I often think of favorite items that are no longer available. I miss my stores broasted potatoes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
I don't care for our winters either but honestly I would take our winters before I would take your summers. I don't think I could take that heat all summer. It gets hot here but not for the length of time and the extreme that you have. I guess we all get used to our climates.

and it seems like our summers are getting hotter and hotter. I like the cold better than the heat too so maybe I wouldn't do so badly in your climate.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think the older I get the pickier I get about heat. And about cold. But heat more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Cheryl, glad you had a good, lazy day. Did you guys swap presents for your anniversary? How are wedding plans coming?

Cindy, you could probably use bread with a little mold - penicillin helps a lot of things.

I like frozen dinners too. We'll be strange together.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
We've never swapped presents, just spend time together and try to relax. So relaxed today that Aros is sleeping right now, lol.

Now that I have a date I can make plans, yay! I'm looking through pictures trying to get ideas for favors right now. I've decided on a color scheme and am just trying to go from there.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
did you post somewhere what the color scheme is?

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ummm, can't remember if I put that on my blog. Didn't put it here, that I know. Blue, silver, and white. Wintery colors, I think I want snowflakes in there somewhere too.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds beautiful, Cheryl!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep--the color scheme is in the Blog---and those colors will be beautiful and perfect for a winter wedding!!! thumbup bop

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Thanks, and I think that blue will look good on me. I have blue undertones in my skin and it will go nicely with my darker hair color. thumbup Me and my mom are going to start looking at dresses next Monday. I'm nervous and excited, it's all really happening now.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I just read your recent blog posts, Cheryl. It sounds like you are getting the ball rolling. Blue, white and silver sounds like it will be gorgeous for a winter wedding!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am counting minutes until I feel I can go to bed.
It has been a very long day doing nothing much. It feels like the air quality has improved. But that might be because it is dark out and I can't see it. But it feels better to breathe and I can't smell it as much as last night. I hope I'm not just getting used to it.
I sat here and ordered a bunch of plants. That is what happens when you can't get outside to play with the ones you have.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image