20k Posts
HIya everyone ,

glad were all in one piece......

What the heck is a Road Rallye?

Are you racers????/ Or roaders?
blush

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Well Tina - it mostly means I make my own spice mixes up... with nosalt salt or no salt at all... I make my own spaghetti sauce and freeze it- ... I use a spice blend called sticky chicken and cook about 20 lbs of chicken at a time --- I use legs and thighs and cook it in my roaster oven on a bed of cut up onions... I freeze in meal size bags... I cook up mashed taters made with a touch of milk and lite sour cream- and freeze them in bags too-I use a food saver for all these things... I boil gr beef and turkey together to get the fat out- I usually use onion and garlic too in those cause I either make tacos or spaghetti with it... sometimes if I am feeling really ambitous I steam and puree a head of cauliflower and add to the spaghetti sauce and no one has ever known... both Joe's and my blood pressure is to high right now- so we need to avoid salt and fast food- and of course losing weight is always a help.

We got in a bad habit of a lot of prepared stuff and that is never good for you... so we are trying to get out of that rut and cook again- is taking me while to get back in the groove but did make chicken soup today in the crock pot with the leftover chicken from the other night- I really want to make a couple roast chickens too to shred the meat for chicken tacos and quesadillas--- and use the bones for stock- I use the water I cook the gr meat in too and cool it in the fridge to make it easy to defat... I freeze it in bags too for stew and more soups... makes a good gravy too...
Well off to bed .. its still early but the tv is off again so going to go read ... it's cold too- don't think its been above 32 all day.... about 4 inches of snow too-- winter is here....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Merme- hope you are feeling some better - and hope they can find a way to help you easier...
We are keeping the boys tomorrow night- Jon has school and Carrie works late... if I wasn't so night blind I could go over there and stay till Jon got home but this just is easier - I can get them off to school in the morning and take Nicoli too later and let Carrie sleep in some--- I can always take a nap while they are at school...
Have a nice evening - I am heading for my warm bed and book...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Ah, Thank you, Nana. I like to cook like that too even without blood pressure problems. I have a freezer full of stuff. But the 3 of us eat so different from each other. That the 'big' cooking doesn't always work out so well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Just checking in. Closing on the farm tomorrow. Big day.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
What does that mean closing ?

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is great, Marica. Congratulations!
I am coming in to say good night to everyone. I'm tired again and have plans for tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Looks like everyone is going to bed early tonight.
I just sat down with a cup of tea...taking a break from trying to clean up a big mess I made today...I turned the wrong burner on and melted a big plastic mixing bowl all over the burner...I've done about all I can do right now...I can't melt the rest of it off the burner because the fumes would probably kill Lola. I had to hurry and get all the windows and doors open today when it happened so it wouldn't hurt her.

I'll deal with it tomorrow...or just never use that burner again. lol idea

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Oct 21st, 2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: the usual

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm glad you caught it before the fumes could do her damage to begin with, Cindy.
I really am going to bed now. Enjoy your tea.

Last edited by Tina; Oct 21st, 2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: the unusual

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good Morning everybody!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
West coast good morning to all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
What does that mean closing ?

b

Closing means finalizing the sale. Buyers + sellers + realtors + banks + lawyers all sit down and sign a very tall stack of papers, and then we hand over a very big check. When it's over we "own" the farm. (Of course, for the next 15 years, we and the farm credit place own it, but that's a technicality.)

I'm actually a bit nervous. Though there's no reason to be.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning everyone!!!!!----coffee's on..Mid west is being heard from....
Cindy---I am glad the house is ok----and BTW: Those fumes could have affected you too, right?? I am glad you took care of it all.
kissie

Originally Posted by dodge
HIya everyone ,

glad were all in one piece......

What the heck is a Road Rallye?

Are you racers????/ Or roaders?
blush

Barb:

Road Rallye: It is like a scavenger hunt but you go from place to place in a car. You have directions on where to go in a packet you are given at the start of the Rallye when you sign up. (Example: go 2 miles, take next availabe right--this means you need to turn at the next road going right) At the end of the rallye the car with the most right answers to their packet of questions has the most points and so wins.---You are only limited in the number of people on your 'team' by the number of people your car will hold.

House closing: Marica is signing the papers for her "new" house today--that is called a 'closing' thses days.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
As much fun as I am having hanging out here this morning--I really must go and get some things done.

On today's ajenda is making a drawing of my flower bed---I need to fill it up far less with annuals, so one can actually 'see' my perenials come mid-summer & fall.--right now I still have flowers but they are so jumbled it does not look as good as I would like.---I am thinking a drawing will help me do less "adding" next year--esp. if I do another drawing with ideas I have from looking at todays mess... lol

Then there is the dreaded housework to be done today.

----got to get all of this done in time to go to my hair appt. this afternoon.--the back needs to be trimmed to help the sides catch up. thumbup

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
road ralyee............never heard of that one.
What do you win?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Marica,,

Happy for you to become a farmer......We went down that rode when we first married.No regrets .
Of course we didnt farm for a living, he work in the steel factorys.

Bank carried our mortgage......We made it a point not to remodel anything or buy new furniture till the dang mortgage was paid.. Not sorry .. All done now.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Today has been an impossibly long day.

Maxi up, breakfasted, and off to school. Me out on errands... to my old church to speak to the priest about my recent surgery & to see some of the ladies; then off to Social Security (AGAIN!) to try to get this mess straightened out once and for all; then to the grocery store. Then home to make a pot of my Specialty potato Chowder in time for Maxi to get home and have some before going off to karate. Now he is back, showering, and we will have grilled cheese. The laundry is done, the dishwasher ran & emptied, and so hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I finally built and filled my raised bed today. I put in 26 cubic feet of growing medium/potting mix and have at least half again as much to add to it. I am pretty pleased even though the posts I used are temporary. I need to begin planting all of this stuff I got soon and adding permanent posts will be easy later.
We haven't heard from Sheri today. And her grandson was pretty sick with his flu. I am getting concerned.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Tina

I was wondering too , how he is ?
Pray

Merme..........It is better to be busy than bored.........Beats the ulternitave.

.. I had to go to the post office
Then shop for provisions
then home an put the stuff away.. ( I dislike )
Then I picked seeds off my radishes....Eerie job.
Picked seeds off Jobes tears.
Made us supper .......Fancy fat hamburgers with peppers / mushrooms in the oven, made fresh apple sauce, mash tators, salad an gravy, with a 12 grain bread..

That was good an plenty.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well...I am finally sitting up in a chair for about the 3rd time today...so maybe I can read on the forum for a little while before I go back to the couch. I've got up, looked at the forum to see if it was still here, posted a line or 2...took more pain pills and back to the couch...my neighbor even came over today to make sure I hadn't died...she said she noticed the truck hasn't moved in almost a week, and she hadn't seen me outside.
Gee...I need to get out more.... blush

Hope Sheri's grandson is OK...that flu thing happeniing this year does not sound good. I've never gotten a flu shot before, but I probably would this year IF THEY EVER GET THEM here in hillbilly land.

Coffeehouse Closing....til someone opens another one..... wavy

*****************************CLOSED********************************

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,898
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image