|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
Morning all, I have boys today to give Carrie some time to herself... they are playing Wii, they have so much fun playing with it- sure glad we got it ... We have a girls day out planned on Sat with my grandaughter,she is 17 and since we barely know her Carrie and I thought we would take her to lunch and shopping... try to bond a little. Well got to go see what else I can get done today.... Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
That sounds like fun, Nana. It is probably a good way to get to know a teen. That or getting your nails done together.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
It would be fun to get our nails done too but she won't be here when my nail person is available so that won't happen... but shopping and just girl fun will be good too... Well off to get the boys lunch too- boy next door is here and they are jumping all over... to many cold days they are stir crazy... Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
ah, but thery get to be stir crazy in Colorado--that has got to count for something !!!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
More snow headed our way tomorrow--& black ice.  Nighty night to you all. sweet dreams..... 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Good night Carol. I am off to bed too. I think if I can gather the materials together I'm going to go up on the roof and do some roofing tomorrow. I found a leak today in an out-of-the-way corner. I'm glad I did though so I can take care of it before any real damage occurred. And the weather is supposed to be accommodating.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
Good Morning,, welllll I'll say 'Morn'in,, not so good for me. I've been having car problems all week  I thought it was the battery, as I've been having to get 'Jumps' when I leave work. Although it would start in the mornings. Someone at work said it was my battery, and thought maybe the cold the drawing on the battery, since my car is in the garage over night. Being inbetween paychecks I wasn't able to go get a battery until Friday. BUT,,, this morning it didn't even start in the garage, even with a battery charger. The Charger shows the battery has juice in it, so now I'm thinking the cables?? since one of them is loose  . It's been a long time since I've had to fix/figure out what wrong with a car  . My neighbor is now looking at it,, IF they can get it started I'll drive it down to a service store and have them put new cables on it.(digging in the bottom of my purse Hopefully I'll have enough change,,  ) I hope this isn't an indication of what this New Year will bring,  My Boss isn't too happy I'm not at work end of the year Busy for us,, Hey I offered for him to come get me,,
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
No roofing today. A rain squall came through faster than even the weathermen predicted. I could still work in it but the roofing is better put down dry. But not enough rain to worry about more damage so I am good. I did go out and rake up piles and they have been hauled off to the green waste dump already. I have plenty of wood in. I'm thinking of making a big cheesecake for New Years Day.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
|
|
A Gnome's Best Friend
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001 |
WOW ~~ Got to work and got home again But I needed a "jump" to get home,, far too far to walk
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/angelblossom.gif) "Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Diane! This is not the time of year to be having car trouble! I can't believe this is happening to you! How frustrating and exhausting! I hope it can be easily and affordably solved!
I hate car trouble and I don't even have a car. It makes me say gr-r-r-r!
Tomorrow I am going shopping to be sure we are geared up for the big storm due in this weekend. It is supposed to start lightly enough on Thursday night, pick up speed and intensity on Friday and then slam us a good 'un on Saturday, tapering off Sunday and Monday. We'll see.
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
Just dropping in to say goodnight to all.  I'll probably be around tomorrow night---Definately NOT going out---DH will not do such as that. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Are you supposed to get foul weather tomorrow, Carol? Or just avoiding the drunks on the roads? I never go out on NYE. I like my comfy safe home. I am also in to say good night. I have a lot to do tomorrow.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,105 Likes: 1
The Gnome
|
|
The Gnome
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,105 Likes: 1 |
I never go out on NYE. I like my comfy safe home. I haven't gone out on NYE since 1972 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
Are you supposed to get foul weather tomorrow, Carol? Or just avoiding the drunks on the roads? I never go out on NYE. I like my comfy safe home. I am also in to say good night. I have a lot to do tomorrow. only cold here--DH uses the excuse of the drunks to not go out---but he really just does not like to go out period---too many people. I should have probably been arranging house parties all these years. Oh well---I was ever the optimist I guess.---we used to go out & eat at least, but now not even that. No problem---as I said, I have dips, chips, shrimp & some Asti--so I am good to go.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
Todays schedule:
first I am going out to get a few groceries, and a reserved library book. Then I am coming home & getting cleaned up. This afternoon, Rod & I are goiong out to see about getting me a wig.--My hair si so think I would like something hanging around so I could look nice when I was going someplace nice.
This is not a Christmas gift--but is just when Rod has the time to go with me--he is the one that brought up the possibility. So I want him to pick something out that he will like on me.
then I will make my dips & such for tonight.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
That sounds like a very interesting schedule, Carol. I hope you can find a reasonable and a comfortable wig. I will also be going out for a couple of necessities. And then be home for the duration of the day and night. That is where I like to be most.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Ohmygoodness, we went shopping today. Were we nuts or what?! We dropped off Rx's at Rite Aid and then went up the coast to the new Wal-Mart Super Store which is the largest in Maine. I musta been outta my ever-living mind! I had wanted Maxi to go with me because I wanted his input on two big purchases. M-I-S-T-A-K-E otherwise spelled MAXI!!!  He saw a DVD he wanted as soon as we got in the door and he wouldn't stop about it -- even though I'd said we had to take care of the big purchases first (a cell phone and a TV), It wouldn't do us any good to buy a DVD and then not have enough for the other things! But he sometimes get caught in a weird sort of mental loop and he could NOT stop on the topic of the DVD until it was in the cart -- he kept it up nonstop all the way through the discussion on the cell phone choices and the tv choices! Made me half crazy. I even threatened to buy a muzzle to shut him up! By then, every sane thought I had in my head was long gone. The store was packed with easily 10 million people panic shopping for the storm and NYE. When I finally told Maxi he could get the DVD, he took off, forgetting I'd said we were going to get groceries. My girl & I headed for the grocery section and after a while started wondering where he was. It wasn't like our small local Wal-Mart... this place is monster sized. We finally decided to go to customer service and page him, so my girl went off to do that and I said I would continue working my way down the aisles from 4 to 1. In the coffee aisle I had to stand up because the size of the kind I wanted was on the very top shelf. I'm standing there stretching to reach, holding on as best as possible for balance, worried about the hurrying and jostling people around me when Maxi & my girl came flying around the corner, having a fit seeing me standing in such a precarious postition "you should have waited for us!" (and how long wouldda that been, my lost son?)  By the time we got to the deli section, I'd had enough of the over-crowded store and rude people (especially over-worked and cranky clerks), so I said forget the deli, we'll go to our local Hannaford. It was snowing hard by the time we left and started making our way down the coast again. We stopped for gas, back to Rite Aid and then our house. Unloaded as fast as possible, signed my girl's paperwork. I am WIPED OUT! And, me little wee head is spinning!! Maxi & his friend Dom are cleaning off the big, old TV and stand and are taking it into Maxi's room. Then they will set up our new little one in the living room. Putting the big, old TV w/ all the games & DVD stuff & Maxi's new chair in his room will save much space and clutter in the living room. I told Maxi's friend Dom an exaggerated, humorous version of Maxi in the store this morning and he laughed so hard telling me he was far worse than Maxi in a store!  Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
Hi all, I've been just paying bills and puttering around--- should be cleaning up some for the birthday party we are having ... Matthew is 17 today.... hard to believe... Merme glad you got what you needed for groc and scrips before storm hit hard ... new tv sounds good - Joe and lose each other in stores all the time- we call each other on the cells to find each other.... LOL! I bet you are tired out- now rest! We went on a quest to find good tamales yesterday what was supposed to take and hour or so took almost 4- found the addresses of the places- Joe called one and found out prices ... so we went to the closest... it was closed.... looked like for a long time- this is a place at least an hour from our house... so we called the other number - oh yes they are open and another hour from where we were then--- so off we go- find it - buy or tamales.... drive home another couple hours- we were beat from riding around in the car.... but I am making spanish rice and refried beans for dinner.... that and tamales will be our Eve dinner... Its cold here too may snow they said- it's 34* right now... but sun is out so that helps... well off to get busy.... Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
I just polished off our Christmas tamales yesterday, Nana. They were very good, reasonably priced and in a place (good health dep's rating) that will be easy enough to get to. Plus they will do them all year long, not just holidays. I am glad to find them because I am picky about my tamales. I just shopped and spent $300 dollars. Half of that was on booze mostly to give as gifts. I could not resist a good sale. I have lobster tails and crab and scallops for eating later on. More good prices. I still have some in the freezer from my last live lobster order from Maine too.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597
Purl One
|
|
Purl One
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 31,597 |
Don's yummy french onion soup is our main course for this evening.  I made a fresh mixed green salad, and carrot salad also. His soup is so filling, that after chips and crudites to start off, all we need is dessert for the finish. I made some chocolate bark using The Barefoot Contessa's recipe - it has chopped apricots, dried cranberries and cashews in it - yummmy!  And Charlie is bringing a chocolate layer cake - what could be bad?!?  Hope you all have a good New Year's eve dinner!!! :wink:
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,047 Likes: 38 |
sounds yummy Lynne-----I hope that you all have a wonderful evening.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
***************************************CLOSED************************************
New one open for the New Year!!! Come on in, everyone!!!
Merme
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,585
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|