Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
oh my--that is funny---I bet that made Maxci feel better too Laughing is good for anyone.

Still laughing here.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
LOL I just noticed that I mis-typed Maxi's name in the last post---Sorry Maxi.

Good Morning everyone. I have been up for awhile already. today is, as most of you know, is ceramics day. One of the last few, I am sure.

The owner is not well, and while I am sure she would appreciate the company, I dont know if we (there are 8 of us) would be a help by being there, or if we would be in the way. Time will tell, I guess.

After ceramics I am going to take my mom & dad out to eat lunch, for my dad's birthday. He is 84 today, & still going strong.

Finally I am going to pick up an oak chair with arms to put in our living room so I have something hard to sit on and push up from. clap

Then I will be back--see ya all then--- wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Get some padding for that chair, Carol.
Good morning. I've been up for awhile. I contemplated returning to bed but decided not. Now it is time to get zooming on my day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Hi, everybody!

We just got back from town. The doc said Maxi badly bruised a muscle in his back but she didn't think he broke the ribs beneath. He is standing crooked because he is favoring that side. She wants him on a med schedule of ibuprofen every 6 hours and tylenol every 6 hours, staggering the doses so that he is taking something every 3 hours so the pain doesn't get ahead of him.

It is cloudy/overcast out there but the sun is still making a glare.

Carol you have a great day planned, I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
No sooner had we got home from the doctor and were getting settled, that Maxi's dad's girlfriend called me all upset. She was out of some basic supplies -- diapers, tp, etc., and for one reason or another beyond her control, she couldn't buy the things. I made her give me a complete list and said I was on my way. So my attendant ran into the grocery & picked up what was needed and then we went on an adventure drive up to town to their apt. complex to drop it off. We got a little lost, but not badly. And they were happy to get the things they needed.

Now we are home again, at last, and the visiting nurse will come to look at my leg and decide what supplies she needs to do the wound care.

I'm not budging from my apt for a while!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I had a long busy day. Sorting junk, going through trash for occasional treasures. I'm looking forward to eating and then bedding down early.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi is camped out on the couch again. I am cooking a late supper. I wanted to make it an early night but it isn't looking much like it is going to happen.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
H'lo
evening all..
Spent the day shopping... Joe tried to fix the elec prob at Carrie's house- no go- he even called our BIL the electrician and he said the wireing is just not right.. outlet starting sparking- not good... so we unplugged it all and flipped the breaker... no tv in whole house- no elec in family room.. no computer cause thats where it plugs in... it's a mess- she called her landord an he is supposed to be calling an elec to come fix it.... LORD! second time in 3 months her house is half unliviable... and the heater/ac guy was there to do the matinence check and he says it need replaceing too... I wish she could find another place to rent.... that house is just falling apart...
Does anyone have any receipes for low salt- lowfat dishes ... using chicken or fish- ... doc has me on blood pressure meds and one for cholesterol too... so have to do my part and try and lose some weight too- then she also said the thyroid test was off- so that may be part of the problem too- she wants me to have more blood work when I go in for a blood pressure check... in a month....
we are off to take boys home now- they wanted to eat here tonight-- leftover spaghetti and choc milk... get them early tomorrow for breakfast so need to make some pancakes tonit after I make dinner for us- thinking salmon.... salad ... and some broc maybe....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nana I'm sure I have low salt/low fat recipes you might like. Just give me a couple o' days to dig them out & I will email them to you. Controlling your BP is a good thing and it seems your doc has made some sensible suggestions.

Salmon sounds like a yummy treat for your dinner.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I sent you a PM about recipes, Nana. I stopped adding salt to any of my basic cooking years ago. I love salt but I cook so much for people with issues that I just don't salt my pasta water or anything any more. I cut back on fats for a lot of my cooking too when I am cooking for others. But I sure love my butter. Although I'm finding myself using less or eating less just because my own tastes are changing. I figure my body is telling me things. So I try to listen (sometimes rolz )
I have been very busy cleaning and sorting and trying to get my house in some type of order. I don't have a good yardstick to measure my progress by.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nana please keep in mind that there can be tons of sodium added to foods we ordinarily use to make other things. It often truly isn't an issue just with how much we add to that but it involves what is already there. The only solution is to read labels and get to know what you can safely use.

Keeping in mind that salt enhances flavor, food manufacturers will often replace salt or fat with sugar or replace sugar with salt & fat! So... it can be a little harder to reduce both salt and fat!!

If your doc gave you a top # of how much salt you are allowed in a day, and you start reading packaging, you might be shocked! yikes

Knowing some basic terms might help!

"Low sodium" means 140 milligrams or less of sodium per serving.

"Very low sodium" means means 35 milligrams or less of sodium per serving.

"Salt free" means foods with 5 milligrams or less per serving.

"Light in sodium" means food has 50% less sodium than the original.

"Reduced sodium" means the food has 25% less sodium than the original.

When you read labels keep in mind that any word with sodium in it such as "disodium phosphate" or "monosodium glucamate" indicates that it is probably a high sodium content. Foods with baking powder and baking soda may also be high in sodium.

I've been on such a low-salt diet for so long now that I can actually taste salt in foods I didn't know were naturally salty! lol And I used to be a big fan of salt! (I'd much rather eat a salty snack than a sweet one!)

You can do this, my friend, you really can!

You have all of us here to support you as best we are able.

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. Long day behind and more long days ahead.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning!

I'm putting a platter of lovely pastries next to the coffee pot, tea pot and hot chocolate if anyone is interested. There is also plenty of eggs, bacon, and home fries for those who want some. And of course, there are no calories and fat to worry over....

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am waking to damp. Such a nice change. This is a mild watering to be followed by waves and waves of real rain. El Nino is showing its powers but still supposed to be a mild one.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I got the electric bill paid. Spell that b-a-n-k-r-u-p-t-c-y. lol

I wish I could stay indoors because it is only 3 degrees out there but I have to go to dialysis this morning. At least the van is very warm.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep I h ear that one--my power bill was $100.00 higher than last months.--and we keep the thermostat at 68, so I have been cold & I am STILL gonna be poor.

OH, good morning everyone !!! wavy

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
My electric bill was more than some people's mortgage payments last month, and I keep the temp. set at 65!!! My kids are constantly complaining, but are they paying the bills??? NOPE!

Going out to brunch with a friend today - a much needed treat. Then I need to pick up some lovely barium to drink for yet another test tomorrow. I keep asking... when does the fun start?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this, Lynne. Hopefully it will lead to something good for you.

Wow, I thought my electric bill was big; yours must be gigantic!

yikes

I'm glad you are going to brunch. A nice respite.

Carol did you have fun at ceramics yesterday?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oops! I've run out of time. Gotta leave for dialysis.

Take care everybody. I'll see you later!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme--sorry I missed you , I hope dialysis goes well for you.

Lynne---a day out?? that is fantastic !!!

about your eletric bill. your sounds like my moms. evidently hers is around $500.00 some months--but then they like a WARM house.

except fopr a few quick errands, I wil be home today.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Lunch time check in. I am baking a sweet potato for mine.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm so sad today. I was outside helping Aros change the battery in his van and had to run inside to get a pair of gloves. That's when I noticed one of my garden gnomes was tipped over. I thought that was really strange because not even our windstorms have ever tipped them over. Then I realized that my little froggy statue that said welcome on it was missing. Apparently someone didn't like my gnomes but just had to steal my frog. At least it wasn't very expensive but it's still sad that someone would stoop to stealing garden decorations.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is sad. I'm sorry, Cheryl.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cheryl I'm so sorry this has happened to your garden!

We had dinner and Maxi is getting his shower. He plans to return to school tomorrow although he is still stiff and sore. I hope he can figure out how to lug his stuff around the school all day without causing more damage.

It has been a long day and I am ready to stretch out to watch some TV and forget about everything.

wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Cherly I am so sorry that had to happen I often wonder why some people are like they are. It certainly makes no sense to me.

Merme glad to hear that maxi is feeling up to trying school tomorrow. I hope he does not wend up straining himself.

It has been a long day here--don't ask me why, I didnt really do much of anything. Perhaps that is why it seemed long lol

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol earlier I asked you how did your ceramics class and the rest of your busy day go? I don't think you saw my post.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I thought sure I posted about it, sorry merme.

I bought some fired pieces to put back for furure reference (in case the lady closes) and then I counted out some plastic bulbs for my ceramic Chrismas trees, so I would have extras.
Finally I began cleaning a 2 piece Santa. I really have no idea what I will do with him but it will be fun to paint I figure.

Then I picked up my mom & dad & I took them out to eat for Dad's Birthday.. Dad & I had italian & Mom had beef & mashed potatoes.

afterwards I picked up a chair that my aunt was giving to me, and finally I went grocery shopping.--

WOW I put a lot into that day, didn't I???

now I am about ready to go to sleep.
Tomorrow I have to take valarie's car in to get some repair work done. we have a really good mechanic here and when I can I convince her to use him---this way we know that she is not being taken advantage of in this department, esp now since she is alone.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Wow you certainly did have a busy day! But it surely was a productive one and I'm glad you got to celebrate Carol Dad's birthday.

I told Maxi if he can't truly manage school tomorrow he can have the school nurse call me and my girl will come get him but we both think it important that he try.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Coming in to say good night. I have a few days before El Nino really begins to make himself known. I have a lot to do outside if I can brave the expected winds for long enough. I have wasted some good weather days on indoor stuff. Time to get out there.
Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.

wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, all!

I have home made biscuits in the oven which will be done soon if anyone wants some.

Maxi has a pretty morning to go back to school even if it is only 5 degrees out there.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. 55* outside right now and windy. I'm waking up as fast as I can.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I have so many business calls to make today while I'm waiting for the nurse, that I just sent my girl to the grocery store without me. It is a little nervewracking for me to have her go alone as she is still learning how to shop, but it was either have her go alone or wait until Tuesday. I needed supplies in long before Tuesday, so.

I spoke with the school nurse and she promised to give Maxi his Tylenol at 11 and check on his well being and call me if anything is amiss.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Ted's lunch is packed and breakfast and cleanup is accomplished. He is ready to go to school. We will leave a little early, I guess. My day has begun.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello all, I finally made it to the resource center....I am allowed an hour to chat with y'all. I miss you all so much...I am hoping to make this at least a once a week thing so I can catch up with everyone...

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
So good to see you, Tam! I have missed you so!

How are you?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh my Merme, how wonderful to see you here. I wondered about you always. I am o.k. alot of doctors appointments and such but I am still kicking.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Glad to hear you are okay. Are you snowed under? I think of you so often, Tam, wondering how you are!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Snowed under??? I wish. Would you belive there is only 6 inches of snow out there...It snowed alot but we keep getting freakishly warm days and rain. I don't think I'll be shovelling out windows this year. Mind you it's not good because when the minus 40 degree weather hits...our septics and wells are gonna freeze.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
So how have you and Maxi been?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image