Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

The Fear of something happening to the gnome Rock of Learning has always been in the mind of the Willy Village since it's arrival.
To have something so tangible, so historic, so valuable, and precious to all gnome kindred (as well as Man kind ) is a super responsibility for the Willy Village to protect.
Entrusted to the Willy Village by Wild Willy> decent relative of Panl the Most honorable of All gnomes, brought even a more special meaning of having the gnome rock at the Willy Village.

~~~~~~

The Sun was just beginning to settle down for the night,, Look out Willy faithfully took his Look out Post for the night

[Linked Image]

continues,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

The Willy Village was cleaning up after dinner, and some where playing cards, while others were discussing plans for the next day.
About the time same villagers heard a strange sound in the sky Look out Willy saw it land at the village Homes and saw three ugly, mean looking beings emerge from a round green object,( Aliens as they later found out) He began yelling at the top of his lungs,, to " Run!!!!!!!! Hide,, Strange Beings are here."
Willys were running everywhere in panic, not understanding why exactly, but felt terror almost like back in Panl's day when the Trolls would attack their ancestors, shock nervous.

[Linked Image]

Continues......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
One of them speaks to the Village, the voice of this thing was mechanical sounding and very evil toned

[Linked Image]

"WE demand procession of your Learning Rock. You must relinquish it immediately or you will all suffer death. We must have it to bring us valuable knowledge, to bring us wealth, we will claim it HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA Bring it to me NOW!!"

All Three Aliens were prepared to attack,, while one lone wee willy hiding found the courage to speak up even tho it might well mean his death,,

[Linked Image]

"Who are you?? Why would the gnome Rock be so valuable for you??"

"We come from many light years away,, many galaxies beyond galaxies away,, We've never know about this thing called Plant life or animal life, we've only heard of it.
Your rock holds the key,, we are so far into the future no plant life as you call it exist, we want to know of it.
We will not die as you know Death,, we are made to last forever unless others like us attack us, only others like us know how to destroy us,, IF we have the Gnome Rock,, We will be the Highest respected of our kind and we will RULE all the galaxies Now Hand IT OVER!!!

continues.......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
" But how did you know of the Gnome Rock since you are from so very far away?"

You foolish little thing, What are you anyway with such a voice of so many questions,, ------ Never Mind!
We are so technically advanced over earthling, we get signals when there is a fortune to be made, you ask too many questions
Go get the Learning Rock and I may spare you

One of the Aliens came down from the houses and made his way near the wee willy, Hopefully the Alien wouldn't see him nervous
[Linked Image]

Continues,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Suddenly there was a strong Wind so fiercely strong it almost blew over the Willy Village. and Oh My Goodness Three More Aliens !!!!! yikes

nervous nervous nervous nervous nervous nervous

Continues,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
EX-ter-mi-nate, EX-TER-MI-NATE!!!!

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
One of these Aliens Picked up the talking Wee Willy and Placed him further down in a bush away from the willy village,, Was He protecting Him?? What??? why
these new arrivals faced the demanding aliens
[Linked Image]
"Leave This Earth,, you have been reported! Your signal lead us here,, you are out of your galaxy boundaries. You Three Bring nothing But trouble where ever you go,, your past reflects what you're future will bring, which is certain chaos . it is time you are destroyed",

The Newest alien arrivals Started attacking the first aliens,, What?????

He took 'out' the Loud mouth one first clap
[Linked Image]

then there was a fight on the bridge
another one Destroyed clap

[Linked Image]
One More to take Down, it was going to be hard to get this one,,

[Linked Image]

Continues......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
at last all three were defeated
[Linked Image]
One of the Blue aliens speaks,,
" No Longer Be afraid,, We won't harm you!
We have been looking for those three for hundreds of years,, the Galaxies are so vast there is so much space beyond your knowledge out there your scientist haven't even discovered it yet, But They Will grin We are Known to earthlings as Aliens,, we have always been since the beginning of time,, our purpose is to protect this earth of yours. Especially from counterparts that you just experienced. There are ugly beings/aliens every where that thrive on greed and power, our job is to eliminate those those types. They wanted your gnome Rock of learning to gain respect,, NOT from us Good aliens but from the liars, the thefts, the greedy so they will gain position and power and attempt to rule all galaxies, such as you earthlings have the same kind here on earth that must be stopped before damage is done, Aliens are good we protect, we watch , we learn without hurting earthlings, I remember Plant life, I teach new constructed aliens, to have a flower or plant grow is quite an accomplishment where I'm from and we value it's very existence, tho it's under a watchful eye and we have regulations we must adhere too we value it immensly "

[b][color:#009900][size:11pt] and just as he finished speaking rose Quarts comes flying in on Drift Cloud grin grin

continues,,,,,,

[/size][/color][/b]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image]

"I'm sorry I took so long to get here.
GrandPooBah I have know these aliens for thousands of years,, Panl told me of them. It was after Panl sent Amethyst and I to new lands I meet them,, They are the ones that guided me to safe land,, where the land was green,, where there were No trolls,, with out their help I would have not found a new land as sure as I did grin
They got a message to me the other three had discovered your Rock of learning,, I told them to get here as quickly as possible and protect the Village and the gnome rock of learning. I had another matter I had to tend to as I was confident they would protect you and wait for me here.
Thank you Quzer and your team for your help.
GrandPoobah I told You I would be back someday,,:wink:"

" lol You did indeed say I'd see you again, I was hoping it would have been under different circumstances, But I'm Thankful and forever indebted to you for saving our Village, thank You rose Quarts, and Thank YOU Quzer and your team everything happened so quickly I didn't have time to think! shock we certainly Owe you our humble thanks. If there is anything at all we can do for you Please Let us know "

[Linked Image]

The entire Village came out to say thank you,, and of course to get a look at Beautiful Rose Quarts,, Wow twice in their life time they've seen her! the stories they will have to past down!
[Linked Image]

continues,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
"well yes GranPoobah there is something you can do for us "says Quzer
Sure what is it it will be our pleasure grin said GrandPoobah
"May we Look at the Gnome rock of learning, and examine it's past?? I could teach from what I learn of it if you don't mind "
GrandPooBah sends the Runing Brothers after the gnome Rock of learning and they all sit down as GrandPooBah and the Village tells of what they have found on it,,
We have discovered Ginko Leafs, they have been here since earth first formed and still exist today,, although it's just a piece of one leaf it's a ginko leaf ~ true it be!

[Linked Image]
look upon the leaf a Damselfly was upon it as it fossilized,, we can't determine what the other fossil is,, we just decided to call it 'THE KEY" to knowledge thumbup :wink:

continues,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Unfortunately a small fairy was trapped here as we see in this fossil, tears remember this rock is millions of years old,, so of course one believes fairys have always been.

[Linked Image]

here we have a possible oak leaf, a sea creature of some kind - Look it's mouth is open, notme and a bat's wing possibly.

[Linked Image]

We first believed this was a curled leaf but have since determined it's part of a shell fish
[Linked Image]

Continues,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
we found some many things we couldn't identify, but we're still working on their identity,

we believe this is Lava petrified
[Linked Image]

here is Moss Still on it,,
[Linked Image]

here we see a fish tail fin, leaf,moth wing, and some crystallization that had started to develop ( little white sparkly dots)
[Linked Image]

continues,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
This is all so very interesting Diane! Such great lessons and adventure!
Keep up the great writing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image]
we know these are both leafs but not Ginko leafs,, Ginko leaf don't have a ridged spine in them However,, we do believe the 'Wood" is from the stem of a ginko according to our research and the how the lines are grown with in the stem, teach
again there is a fish fin in this piece of the rock,

Now this next one many of the villagers say is a gnomes ear,, I for one don't want to believe that, but that's not to say it isn't possible, anything is possible,, notme notme
[Linked Image]

They went on to discuss many possibilities of the gnome Rock of Learning and Quzer and his team was forever grateful to lay eyes upon it. Leaving the Village Quzar had now a story to be told in the galaxies from stories here on earth.rose Quartz Stayed for a while and chatted with the villagers and the fairys in my yard,, I know the Willy Village and I will see her again someday. But will You?? Maybe Not here but if you Believe and trust you may see her in YOUR yard one day wavy

********************************************************************************
GrandPoobah and the Village want to thank you all for being a part of their village and reading their stories.
There may or may not continue to be written for Humans, but they certainly will be passed down from generation to generation of gnomes, for they are the best story tellers of all time.
Thank you all for enjoying these stories and allowing the Willy Village to come to life for us all.
Thank you Wild Willy kissie for the opportunity to bring laughter, tears, excitement, sorrow, and lessons to be learned through the Willy Village.
BTW: My Grandson Armond, Inspired this story :wink: Thanks you Armond kissie

Note: all pictures were taken with my Nikon P80 on 18x zoom macro, in actuality the fossils you see are very small, I took this to work and looked under a highly enhanced microscope to see the most impressive fossils and marked each one for photography purposes,, although I haven't Identified all that I have found,, the ones I have identified and shown here are true finding and accurate,, wellllll Except for the gnomes Ear,, Not sure on that one! notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
clap Thank you! clap

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
AH< Diane--as always this was a wonderful tale. Thank you for coming once again and writing us a story of such magic & wonder.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
up

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image