Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#318428 May 18th, 2010 at 11:11 AM
OP Offline
Hi there. Really glad to find a site with one of my favorite things to do, Gardening. I live in Southern Ontario near Kingston.
Last year my garden was a disaster. We had a very cold summer and we had a lot of rain. My tomatoes, squash and cukes all got a blight. I have read the posts about what to do about blight for tomatoes and I think what I will do is find another place for my tomatoes for now. I have two veggie gardens. One is for herbs and berries and the other is a huge garden for veggies. The one thing I need to know is if you had a tomatoe blight, can you plant other veggies there. I was told nothing except perhaps flowers can be planted where the blight was present for two years. The other question is can I use horse manure instead of cow. I just find horse manure less weady. I have horses so the compost is free.
Any help would be great and I look fwd to looking at this sight and perhaps adding my gardening tips.
Thanks so much
Kelly

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Welcome to the forum..... wavy

We have a forum devoted to tomatoes...if you ask your question there more of our tomato experts will see it and give you some answers.

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/14

Cindy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome to a fellow Canadian and horse owner wavy

I wouldn't plant in where there is blight for a couple years, even though our cold winters can kill bight spores, sometimes not. I'd treat the soil this year and wait til next to try again.
Oh and you can use horse manure also as long as it is aged, not fresh it'll burn your plants.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image