40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have to go for a bit--there is work to do!!! catch ya all later--bye

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
NB has a no nudity law..no nudists allowed here, not even on the beach. thumbup

DH is home and cranky, he started doing farm work this morning, his friend landed to go for a quick trip to town(farm store), the friend took 5 hours so DH never got to do what he wanted to get done here.. someday's it's worst than having a two year old with a temper tantrum.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Lol.. we have naked bicyclists here too- in Boulder and they do wear helmets it's the law- apparently clothing is optional in Boulder.... crazy people..
I have boys today- even the big one- he came to finish the yard work he started yesterday... weedwhacking and mowing... helikes money and it saves Joes back...I gave the boys tunanoodles for lunch.. fed the kid from next door too- didn't even realize it ... he ate along with them.... boys are boys I guess...
Was up early and did our bills and stuff- that was fun ...NOT!
Well I have to go and finish cleaning up the kitchen... back later if I don't fall asleep to early....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
NB has a no nudity law..no nudists allowed here, not even on the beach. thumbup

DH is home and cranky, he started doing farm work this morning, his friend landed to go for a quick trip to town(farm store), the friend took 5 hours so DH never got to do what he wanted to get done here.. someday's it's worst than having a two year old with a temper tantrum.

Men are all related, aren't they???? lol teach

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Busy Nana..

Yup Carol...he's in a better mood now. He is now back at his barn, he won't be in a hurry to follow his friend next time I bet lol

Well, just waiting for the sun to go down so I can water my garden once more.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I also have naked cyclists around. It doesn't bother me at all.
I had 2 longish naps today. I hope I can sleep tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Men are men. But let's think this through for just a minute. And I'll try to be as... polite as possible.

If all men are related, then the parent generation of men gives rise to the next generation of men, and that generation to the next and so on. Good so far, we all understand how this works-- I know we talk mostly about plants here, but we understand animals, too. Now let us all envision the helmeted naked men riding bikes.

Picture it.

Now, I ask you: If you were a male naked bike rider at all interested in being related to the next generation of male naked bike riders, ... . A HELMET????????? Right. That's going to do the trick.

I am off to shell some shrimp for supper-- completely clothed. Hope everyone has a peaceful restful evening. :-)

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
OHHH what a image in my mind... bad Nana!
Shrimp sounds really good- we are taking some to the cabin with us next week, already cooked, ready to eat kind- not going to do cook to much up there if I can get away with it... will take leftovers from our bbq on Sun with us.. always have extra..
Joe just took boys home-- bringing back the carpet cleaner machine so I can use it this weekend before we leave- have company coming the next week so since they will be sleeping on airbeds mostly I think I better clean the carpets... they are bad... my neice in law is coming with her daughters, the oldest dd's boyfriend and her step daugher,, the last one will spend a week with us,,, she doesn't get along with my neice in law,she is 14... she is a good kid just spoiled by her mother and doesn't react well to discipline from her dad and stepmom... but for me she is good... go figure...
Well off to decide what to do for dinner for us- kids have just about eaten us out of house and home- I swear I can almost see them growing... they ate a 13x9in pan full of tuna noodle casserole and then at pizza rolls... and then peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... in about a 4 hour span of time.... I see grocery shopping in my future tomorrow for sure...
Have a good evening all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Not all of my nude cyclists are men, Marica. lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Nudity, under normal circumstances, is illegal here. Every year for the solstice parade/fair/celebration, it's tradition that the naked bicyclists ride the parade route ahead of the parade. They aren't just plain naked. They're painted. Some wear under clothes, others don't. I think it's the paint that makes the nudity okay for the day in this city. It's not for me but it sure is fun for tourists if they've never seen it before. It's definitely a unique way to welcome summer. Too bad they'll be freezing since summer weather has yet to show up. lol

We had a nice breakfast and stopped and grabbed a couple things at the store. I went to a farmer's market today and got some more salad mix (it has pretty edible flowers in it that I think is really cool), got a few dark cherries, a bunch of rainier cherries (my favorite), got a few apriums (an apricot crossed with a plum), and I was only able to get a half dozen eggs because that was all they had left when I got there. I didn't even get there very late. Oh well, I still have some eggs from last week so no big deal really. I really like the farmer's markets and I think I want to try to make it a weekly thing. Tonight we're planning on renting a movie and just taking it easy. I have to get up early to volunteer at a race. This is to "pay" for me racing for free last month.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
They call the fruit mix plucots here. They are pretty good. I love this season with all of the fresh fruits and veges grown local and abundant.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
g'nite everyone.
tomorw is a busy one for me as we have my nephew's graduation party to go to.
it should be a good time well except for the heat that is. rolz

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night. I am getting tired in spite of the 2 naps I took today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Just popping in for a minute.
I really need to get some more rest---
I was up way late last night warching the storm that might be but wasn't.
as I said last night I will be going to my brother's son's graduation party this afternoon. so I will wish everyone a good day & afternoon & I will "see" ya all later.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning..busy day here also.... Have fun Carol.

I have a grad party to attend at 4..and a summer work party for DH's crew at 5, so nice to find out about the second party only last night. rolz and it's supposed to be in the 90's here today shock

If it gets too hot, I'll be staying home from both thumbup

Just want to add, I am glad I don't have to pay Nana's grocery bill lol

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Morning, everybody!

Phew, after the heat & humidity we experienced in Maryland & DC, I've had enough hot weather to last for another 10 years! lol I am so glad to be home in Maine where it is not only cooler but far less humid! YAY!

Maxi is so exhausted, he will probably sleep & sleep today and that is fine w/ me. I go to dialysis today so it is a perfect day for him to "lay low". And I'm sure his buddy Dom will be checking in at some point also!

Your plans sound nice, Carol. And Tam, I don't blame you.... if it is hot, stay home & cool!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning Merme, kissie so good to have you back with us.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning all. We are still having our June gloom weather so it stays cool. I love this time of weather and it is welcome to stay all summer if it likes. But that is not so likely.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina..in for 5.

Removing all the cedar pole rails I have along the edge of my lawn...the ants are making nests in them rolz It looks so nice but i ran out of good poles to replace the decaying ones..so out they come. I'll be able to save a few good top rails for another project though thumbup

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been known to pull cedar poles and posts out of the green waste dump to use for landscaping. I call it recycling. Eventually decay of some sort gets it all and it goes back in. For ants I have been sprinkling a lot of corn meal around and diatomaceous earth. Whichever is easiest to grab. It helps a lot. And is cheap. And it is 'green'.
Today I am cleaning my front porch so it can be a seating area again. It collects all types of storage. Especially the garden stuff I buy; hoses, sprinklers, snail bait and other things of that sort. I drop it there on my way in. It grows so much! I need a new shed just for garden stuff. But that is not going to happen. I just need to clean one of the sheds I already have and fix it up with these things. Meanwhile they are going onto 2 open shelves outside my back door and 3 closed cabinets. I have so much to get rid of. I will never use all of the junk I have.
My front porch is often cooler than my house when it gets really hot out. It is a small wind tunnel for the constant breezes we get. I want to use it again. For something besides storage.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
This one is full so it should be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~closed~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image