Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sorry to hear about the finger, Merme. Hope it heals quickly. Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites! Don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, all I know is I'm not cooking.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Aimed for morning but missed that by a few minutes I guess... got up and paid bills... boys are here already .. they are playing monoply ... Joe is fine now- the cap wasn't sealed on Joe's tooth right so thats why he had pain- they redid that and he is fine now- he is supposed to be fixing the outside backyard faucet and refixing the toliet upstairs- he fixed that the other day but now it makes a horrible high pitched squeeel when you flush it- boys says its possessed.... LOL!
Well off to fix some kind of lunch and then head to store for some icecream and strawberries... have a whole angel cake to make into shortcake- told Joe to buy one the other day for our dessert and he got 2 cause it was on sale.... so now we have to spend more money to use it up... love strawberry shortcake though so won't be to much of a job I guess...
Have a good day- Merme take care of your hand... Cheryl I wish I had some of your exercise determination too... can you bottle it ? Marica I never got tats or piercings except my ears- my oldest dd got a tat,, M&M ,, green , and a piercing someplace she wont't tell me where but since she is the one who has to live with it and she is 42 I guess my days of telling her what to do are over... my son did his ears too...
what I object to are the whole body and arms ones...tats... just not my thing... oh well... gotta go - 4 kids here expect lunch for some reason,
Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all,

Ouch on the finger Merme..hope it heals quick.

Pouring rain out again..what a long day. I had everything ready to make shortcakes with berries also Nana, then noticed DH drank all the milk.. rolz

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
I'm thinking maybe of getting the babies name on the top of my foot why

I think I like that, but why not put it on your outside ankle, you know where an ankle bracelet would set. (oh, I guess you'll have to buy one to see just where that is--bonus)

I myself have always kinda thought of a rose on one of my outside ankles. why
But have never done it.

Back when my youngest was in high school she was going thru some problems.
Well, I could deal with her thinking she was getting away with telling me she was in one place & being in another--a) I usually knew where she was anyway & b) I was not born yesterday.
But the one thing I was worried about was that she kept saying that she wanted a tatoo. (the ears are pierced twice--this from a girl who does not liek jewelry)---
Then one summer we took her and her friend with us to Branson for a vacation. she came back to our hotel room one night after they had been to Silver Dollar City, all happy & excited. It seems she had seen a tatoo that she knew was perfect for her.

She looked at me & said---I can still have it and interview clothes will cover it up when I am looking for a job, and a wedding dress will cover it up when I get married. clap (2 of my arguments for NOT ever getting one) Can you guess where it was going??? why

Well AFTER her 18th B-day,(age when she could get a tatoo here without my consent) she came home one day, with the Ichthus fish on her back, around the area of her waste line. It has the greek letters for fish, "ITOYE" filled out in the center of the fish. her tat is about 2 inches long & not so big in height. and she was right---I hardley ever see it myself. (although she is fond of low riders & short shirts.) It could have been worse so I was happy with that.

I hope all works out well for you, marica

Last edited by JunieGirl; Jul 1st, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That post took so long I thought to add this stuff here instead.

This morning I get up early, put supper in the crock pot (pork chops in mushroom soup & onions.) and then headed out & stained my deck.

I only had 1 gallon of stain to use so I thought well I will do the important parts first.
Well I am glad to say that I got the whole deck & railins, etc, all covered, with the exception of the inside side of the decorative spindles in the railing.
if I had not have tried to coat in between the boards of the floor I would have had enough for that side as well. why oh well.

But since I got all the important pasrts covered and some extras I am happy-- clap
I had the prefect day for it---right now at 2pm it is only 80--This morning it was much cooler & was only slightly warm at 1:30 when I got done.

"Another job done" as my MIL often says.....

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Glad you got your deck finished...thats a big job.

Lets get tattoos Carol lol I dare you...DD keeps telling me she is getting one, only thing from keeping her away is that she is always broke. She wants to get some design the size of a nickel behind her ear touched

My cousin got one in the lower part of her back(when she was 16)..Doc told her she got it where an epidural is administered, so she will never be able to have one, they won't take a chance on the ink pigment entering her spine. She'll regret it someday thumbup

It's freezing out tonight..just like the Fall.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My grandmother had four children. From those 4 she had 15 grandchildren. I can imagine her with our names all up and down her short little legs. lol Once you begin you have to keep it even, you know?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
My grandmother had four children. From those 4 she had 15 grandchildren. I can imagine her with our names all up and down her short little legs. lol Once you begin you have to keep it even, you know?

well yea, Tina, but Tamara only has the one child. So if she kept it to grandchildren, she could do it I think---after all she has 2 ankles.

Tamara--I do not think I will be getting a tatoo. sorry I cannot take the dare.....

Tamara they had a 4th of July celebration LAST weekend touched at the next town here. We had a T-storm that night & so the fireworks were cancelled there too.

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I am so grateful this long day is nearly over! And thankful tomorrow is Friday, too.

This Sunday we plan on visiting our old church. I ran into a sale this week to buy craft kits for kids to make those buttons to wear, so I bought a bunch of them. We'll give them to the woman in charge of the Sunday School so she'll have something cute the kids will enjoy making whenever she needs a little something to fill in or whatever.

We also have to add tomatoes and green peppers to our garden & then we'll be done with that.

I think this year we are going to buy a small propane grill. We had to get rid of our last grill which was a charcoal grill. It wasn't very handy for just Maxi and I so we only used it when we had company. A propane grill we could use for just the two of us without wasting charcoal, etc.

Many tat artists will not tat a foot itself -- won't go lower than the ankle. And some won't even do the ankle because it is a bit more painful than just a titch higher up on the leg.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. Another day is creeping up on me quickly.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning wavy

Merme, here they will tattoo anything~ anyplace lol A small grill sounds nice, my aunt has a small electric one..never seen one before.

Jeepers, I thought today was Thursday til DH asked why I made him a lunch for work (they work half day on Friday) Oh well, when he comes home..his lunch is made grin

A cool windy day today, great for working outside.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good Friday morning. It has been a long week in many ways then a quick one in others.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning. another beautiful day here.
I really need to find something to do outside today. Else I will be doing housework yikes

Tonight I have another wake to go to.
One of the women at my ceramics lost her husband a few days ago.
It was not a shock but still hard.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, Carol. It is hard when we get to the age where friends are dying off so rapidly. I do not like funerals and things much. I swore when I was younger that I would never attend one. But I do attend a few in support of friends. I am usually a very brief visitor because I have Ted with me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning Tina.

yes it is a rough time. I am usually the one who never quite gets around to sending a sympathy card to friends. I think it is my way of dealing (by not dealing).

I try to go to the funeral home if/when it is located in a place that I can easily drive to. Rod goes even less than I do. When his Dad passed, he saw what it ment to him & his family that people came and so he said he would try to be better about going to funeral's himself--well that lasted about 6 months. Now it is like pulling teeth to get him to go. Of the 2 of us I am better about it all. Not that I like going, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
IN this ceramiccs friend circle, we all go and sit together & so we all help one another thru, which is a good thing for us all.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wakes and funeral are 'absolutely need to go' only for me. DH's co-worker had passed after the accident this week...I did not attend.

It's chilly out today, I'm working on expanding the crab apple tree bed. What a lot of grubs this year, yikes.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Morning! I don't go to wakes, funerals, memorials services if I can avoid it. I feel very awkward and because I don't know how to deal/what to say I just feel more comfortable not being there.

Today is laundry day, yipee! (that's called sarcasm) The only other thing I want to do today is go running. Tomorrow my brother is coming over and we're going to go biking together. He said he'd bring me a new pair of cycling shorts but I won't hold my breath for them, knowing him. He has surprised me before though so we'll see. I'm just finishing up my coffee now then it's breakfast and laundry.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Wakes and funeral are 'absolutely need to go' only for me.

Yes I can understand & agree with that. I imagine that mosat people do too.

Well, the soup is made, sans the grated american cheese. thumbup I had some for lunch & I think it is good. (I tried a new recipe)

I put away most of my painting suppies, now that they are aired out well. The brush was still damp, so I left it to air out awhile longer.

several loads of clothes are done & the kitchen is cleaned up.

why
Sorry about the grubs, Tamara..

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I finally got my laundry going. I ran out of my nasal spray and took my allergy pill a little late so I feel all stuffy. Not too bad though. I've been eating really bad off and on the past couple weeks, especially the last few days. I have a test next Thursday and had originally told myself that it wouldn't be worth it to relax on my diet. So what did I do? Relaxed on my diet, and as far as how I'm feeling today I was right, it wasn't worth it. Oh well, too late now. If my stomach ever stops hurting I will go running today, otherwise I'll just have to have two weeks of running fails.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Have just a minute to stop in and say hi! It is a busy day.

I see Sheri's computer must still be down?

Cheryl ~ about funerals and wakes...

Originally Posted by chermoni
I feel very awkward and because I don't know how to deal/what to say

Something which might help is to try to keep in mind that everybody feels pretty much the same way... awkward and fumbling for words, scared of saying the wrong thing, etc.

The decade I was in my 20's was a tough one for my family. We lost so many aunts, grandparents and even my mom.

I remember being at one of those funerals feeling as awkward as can be (especially if you are with people you only see at funerals and weddings!) when I suddenly realized everyone was feeling awful. We were all sad, miserable, awkward, uncertain what to say!

It was an Eureka moment for me, it really was.

I turned to my cousin who I'd always felt shy around, and noticed she was making all the nervous gestures I was! Then we were talking and it wasn't bad at all!

Nobody is happy at a funeral, relaxed and ready to have a good time.

We have more in common w/ one another than we have of that which separates us and you can pretty much guess that if you are appalled at an unexpected death, or saddened by a very young death, or sorta relieved that someone is finally past all pain, others will be feeling the same way.

And no one expects you to heal their grief or make a Hallmark Moment Speech. If you stand quietly, listening to the crowd, you will hear many short remarks such as "I'm sorry..." or "so sad..." but you will also hear lots more of a type of murmur where people are comforting one another without really saying anything specific.

The bereaved will be glad you were there and isn't that what matters most?

Well, I gotta round my kid up and see what's happening in Mr. Maxi's world. Haven't seen the kid all day.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Evening all wavy

I got a lot done today...shoveled out 12~'5 gallon pails' of sod. Then had to lug them across the yard, across the road and into the gulch that I'm slowly filling. DH confiscated my wheel barrow to the barn...and of course I have a flat that I can't seem to fix on the mini dump trailer for the 4 wheeler. I guess the harder the work..the more one will enjoy the results thumbup

Getting colder by the hour out there..brr.

No word from Sheri or Diane~Merme..

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you are not getting another frost, Tamara.
I also worked really hard today. I do not want to look at my shrubs for another few months. And I shouldn't have to. They got good haircuts this week and are not hanging over my house any more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
We are just over the temperature for frost, I should be good..there is supposed to be a high heat wave to hit us this week coming lol I'll only believe it when I see it thumbup

Tina, you had shrubs over your house...What shrub grows that large?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I will have to find pictures of my oleanders. Some of them are over 20 foot tall and about 15 feet wide. Well they are no longer 15 feet wide. And they grow long straight branches that begin to weep when in heaviest bloom and then stay bent after. I do not want them hanging over my house if there is a fire nearby. They are an oil rich plant that will burn like the dickens if they take off.
These are a wind break for my home. We sometimes get 100 MPH winds. And I live on a hillside with my house on a flattened area cut out. So the ones behind and around one side of my house are elevated above the house and very close, 3-6 feet away. I both need the wind break and worry about the fire danger. It is a conundrum.
I like oleanders because they bloom pretty much all year long and are evergreen. But heaviest bloom is in late spring through summer. Most of the branches I cut today are about as thick as my forearm. I have piles of about 4 truckloads to go to the green waste dump here on the ranch. I have plenty of windbreak left.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow and people here are amazed at my 9 ft high Ninebark lol

Can't wait to see yours in a pic.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'nite everyone...... wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Carol. I will not b e up late tonight either. I worked hard today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oleander is a handsome thing to behold.

I was having much back pain earlier and stretched out on my bed to work in my puzzle book more comfortably. I fell sound asleep! Woke up a little before midnight, practically just in time to hear Maxi say "good night, Mom!" Now I'm wide awake and there's nobody up to talk to! boohoo

I did wake up so uncomfortable, I had to get up, which was just as well as it was past time to take my bedtime meds. So I dosed up as per the orders and should be all set til morning now! I had planned to sleep in this morning but the battery in my insulin pump died and that alarm just would NOT shut up and let me sleep! lol so, up I got, bleary eyed fumbling with the batteries hoping I wouldn't wake up so much that I couldn't go back to sleep and then noticed it had also run out of insulin, so there was nothing for it but to do the refill & all. Wide awake, lemme tell you! So it was an earlier and grumpier start to my day than I had planned.

Tomorrow, though, is a whole 'nother story. I have no early appointments or commitments and my pump shouldn't be alarming again any time soon. YAY!

Maxi is upset w/ his dad. They called earlier this week & said Dad wanted to take him to the movies on Saturday & they'd call back w/ what time they'd be picking him up, etc. Well, we haven't been able to get in touch w/ them ever since, so Maxi is upset.

I do not understand why his Dad promises so many things and then doesn't see it through! Why doesn't he just say "I will try..." or "I hope..." and not "I will..." & "I promise..." He's been doing it to the kid for 12 years. Enough already!!

So now I will go finish a nice hot cup of Red rose Tea, puzzle in my book for a while, and hope to see you all tomorrow w/ everyone popping in and out as they do on weekends.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hope you feel better today Merme..sorry about Maxi, his dad needs to learn a lesson or two thumbup

Good morning all, rained through the night, sure is cloudy today. Hope the sun makes an appearance sometime.

Have no clue on what to do today, DH is off so I'm gonna hide..I'm sure there's 'barn stuff' to do. lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good Saturday morning. I have no major plans for the day. Feels pretty good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning to all, good morning to all...

*original version of the happy birthday song*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Morning everyone! My computer is on the fritz today so I'm using my phone. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I might get a new car today. I'm just waiting to hear what the bank says. My car is kind of the fritz again too, sure would be nice to finally retire that old thing. I'm planning on going for a bike ride with my brother later, should be fun. It's not too hot, not too cold. Well, see you all later.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Arthritic fingers crossed, Cheryl.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I have a question ... if I keep injuring myself do I get the new nickname afgreyparrot jr.?

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol Injuring myself is a weekly process, we'd have to share that name thumbup

Fingers crossed Cheryl.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Ah, so it's more like the Afgrey fan club.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yup.. grin

Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
How have all the house repairs being going Tammy?

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by tkhooper

haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tkhooper

I guess if the shoe fits then we must wear it, huh???

Good morning/good afternnoon everyone. Happy 3rd of July to you all !!!

Cheryl--I hope all goes well for you---& that you will soon be driving a new vehicle. If you get it, I want to hear all about it.

I sorta cleaned house this morning--I have bathroom floors & dusting to do yet.
But now I think I will go to the grocery store.

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image