Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good night, Carol. Sweet dreams.
I laid me down for last little while to regroup and rest my foot. I have a little bit of second wind. But it won't last long.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Good morning everyone. I have no idea why I am up---well yes I do--DH woke me up because he thought it was time to get up. With 3 puppies in the bed room there was no goiong back to sleep for me, so I got up & made coffee.

I do not think it rained much last night, for once.
I wanted to make cookies this morning early while it was cool but I have no eggs so that will have to wait until say Monday morning.

is anybody up yet???


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
I was up but busy....sorry.

It's too hot, I'm fed up and cranky this a.m.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good morning. It is to be much warmer today and I believe it. I don't want it hot yet. I get cranky too.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Tamara--not to be sorry---working in the early morning is the best time.---being here with us is a hot weather activity. lol

Tina: So sorry to hear that your hot weather has begun.
I hope that you too take care.

hey everyone, fall will be here one day soon. I will hope that this fall is a LONG one for us all. We can garden then. thumbup


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Everyone else' fall is my wildfire season. The winds kick up then and so do the arsonists. Although I think half our fires are actually begun by sparks from our weed abatement equipment. It is the season I work towards having everything possible done and/or cleaned up as quickly as possible.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Fall brings snow..our season is just cr@ppy all year long.

Just being fed up today...don't mind me lol


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
We all have those days, Tamara. I do. I work really hard to try to find something good to focus on. It is difficult but can be done. It helps me.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

Well don't I feel on top of the world this morning?! After three nights straight of not sleeping very well -- just 2 hours the first night, 2 hours the second night, and almost 4 hours the third night -- last night I went to bed and slept 9 HOURS straight through! I was zonked! But truly, everything was perfect.... my favorite sheets were on the bed, my room was nice and cool, and the phone didn't ring. Perfect!!

It has gotten very dark here suddenly, seems like a storm is rolling in.

Tam you have the right to be fed up if you need to be, but I hope things improve for you soon so that your mood can lift.



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Thanks all..


I was going to go to town today but the storm damage is so bad there that a lot of roads and stores are closed..i'll post some pics that DD's friend sent.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
breakfast Morning everyone. Just got the coffee made, Aros is waiting for a call from his lawyer, there may be some kind of problem but we don't really know so that's why the lawyer is going to call on a Saturday. The kids are all still asleep and it's much cooler in my house this morning. We're bumping back down to our normal summer temps. I got the subaru sold yesterday and finished up the rest of my laundry. The girls are leaving for sleep overs this afternoon so once again it's just me and the boys for dinner.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Yay on selling the subaru.

Hope it all works out with the call.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Great news on the old car, Cheryl. I saw that news on your FB.
My fingers are crossed for your phone call.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
I saw your storm damage, Tam, wow!

It has been dark & raining here all day.

Can't think of a thing I want to make for dinner tonight! Soup sounds good, though....



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Evening all..


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
sleep well, Tamara--- wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Can't sleep..too hot.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
are ya still here???

If so how is your neck doing ???


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
I made a pot of soup after all. Maxi was glad for it when it was finally done.

I'm not feeling well enough to eat so I'll probably settle down w/ tea & toast.

I'm glad my Sunday Girl is coming tomorrow.... she'll knock my kitchen back into shape for me! YAY! And hopefully she'll take Maxi some fun place.




[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
I LOVE soup.
Sorry that you are not feeling well, Merme. Take care of you.

I need to get some stuff done---I will be back before I go to bed. wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good night all. Busy days make for sleepy nights.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy I gotta get to bed... my Sunday Girl comes early & we hope to go to the beach.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy


Well, here I am greeting my good-night self in the post above!

I've been up ALL night! boohoo


We have a busy morning planned, so I gotta stay up and keep on rolling.

Hope you all have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing!


Merme


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Busy here also...and people(farmers) keep popping in. I sent DH outside so I can get some work done, he was out there 5 minutes and someone else landed lol . First day of no rain in weeks, everyone is making the most of it...It is cooling down ever so slightly but still humid.

I am so behind in my laundry, the rain kept me from hanging it out and it was too hot in here to use the dryer. Gotta keep washing.., back later. wavy


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
I am only good for about 10 minutes of raking then I need a break. I had visions of getting my whole hillside cleaned up before more leaves dropped in fall. My visions are dissolving before my eyes.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Hi all,
Been cooking already today- got chicken cooking.. expect my son and family in a couple hours.. he is going to borrow our truck while we are gone- and hopefully figure out why it keeps dying on hubby - it's old but he loves the thing...
I have been getting all our trip stuff together- reservation papers.. extra batteries for cameras.. researching parks close to our hotels for play places for boys.. getting first aid kit together... making sure I have snacks and stuff ready to go too... lots to take with 3 boys..
I am looking fwd to this vaca... Disney will be fun.. ordered a dvd about it and they have lot of new stuff since we were there last.. and we always love Seaworld.. still have to find a hotel on way to Az after San Diego.. boys will be tired after and don't want to pay hotel circle prices... so today will be checking places a little further out ... we will spend some time in Yuma visiting MIl.. she can't travel anymore, almost 93 now.. then on to Sierra Vista and in laws... I plan to just veg there and will need to after a full week of 24/7 with boys and theme parks... LOL!
Well off to get busy before company comes... got a couple things to clean up and laundry to do too... want to get it hung out in case it rains again later on.. been doing that daily seems like..
Nana


[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
You have an awesome time planned with your grands, Nana. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Have a wonderful vacation Nana! I've never been to seaworld but always wanted to go. Someday. For today though, the public pool will have to suffice. We're going to the outdoor pool this afternoon. Just to clarify, Seattle only has two outdoor pools, one a half hour away and one about ten minutes away. It's a bit cooler today but still warm enough to be outside swimming. I haven't been in a pool in so long I can't wait. I love the water, always have. We'll be leaving in about an hour and then for dinner I'm making hamburgers and corn on the cob. A perfect summer day planned for us I think.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Have a great trip Nana..


.......it's still too hot rspb


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Your summer day sounds lovely, Cheryl. I want food now.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Thanks all for good wishes about trip... I think we will have fun too..
We had a nice evening with son and family.. boys love running around in back yard- and they have learned how to swing on their own... love riding the jeep and tractor to.. they definitly need recharging now.
We had our chicken.. mashed taters and gravy.. veggies and 5 bean salad... cooled of nicely too ... we sat outside and visited for a long while after we ate.. then they loaded up and went home- enjoying the quiet now- got the last load in drying -waiting for it to be done- will fold it, and put away- then hit my bed... may read for awhile...
Merme your day sounds perfect to me- love the beach... sooths my soul to be near the water... do hope the heat goes away for you... we are having a strange summer here- some hot days but usually cools off and gives us some relief so I am ejoying it..
well off to fold now-- see you all in the morning - will have boys so planning to make french toast when I get up for them--
Nana


[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Nana sounds like you have a lovely vacation planned.
Will there be pictures??---I love pictures
Have some fun for all of us, OK???

Cheryl, have some fun in the pool for me--I used to love to go swimming. Still would go if I had a place to go to

Tamara--so sorry it is still HOT there. I think of you and your plight often. kissie


spent the day with Valarie & her boyfriend. he and Rod built new steps for Valarie. they go from her back yard to her raised deck, which opens to her back door. I had a lovely day with my DD in her COOL house!!! yea me!!!!


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Yay you, Carol. It sounds really pleasant.
My oldest daughter came to visit today. That is always nice. She only lives across town about half an hour away. But she is so tied up caring for her 'invalid' father that she doesn't get here often. He is not as much of an actual invalid as he is a person who has some real issues and a lot of hypochondria. But he is not my problem any more.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,031
Likes: 38
sounds like we both had a wonderful day, Tina.
Thanks for the compliment.
So very glad that you got to see your oldest DD. So sorry to hear about her dad, but I guess it is nice she is willing to care for him.
I hope she is able to visit again real soon. thumbup
_______________________________________________


PS
nity nite wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by Tina

My oldest daughter came to visit today.
O.K. I am lost,..did you have more children and forget to tell me? :wink: ..I thought you only had two that live with you and an older son.


It's still hot and humid, pouring rain out again. I absolutely need to get to town today, hoping to leave in a couple of hours... maybe I might even find a plant or two in the clearance pile while I'm there.

I woke up this morning covered in psoriasis on my legs~something is brewing rspb


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good morning all.
Tamara, I am the proud mother of 5 children. A girl, boy, girl I had in my 20's. I raised them pretty much alone and took in foster children for years. Then in my 40's I began my second family with John A girl and a boy. I dragged him kicking and screaming into parenthood. He thanked me. So my 2 eldest are nearly 19 years older each than my two youngest. My children are 37, 35, 31, 18,and 16. With birthdays coming up to change those soon. I will be 60 this year. I have no grandchildren. No mysteries about me. I lay most of it all right out there.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy



Good morning, everybody!


After the wild weather we had over the weekend, I am glad to see it looking "normal" out there today. Whatever that means! lol

Maxi finally went down last night and has slept like a log hour after hour. He just exhausted himself by only getting 3 hours sleep the night before and then a busy day w/ 2 hours in the surf. That's what I like to do with kids....keep 'em busy and wear 'em out by days end. blush

Dialysis today, so its time for me to shower up and prepare to leave. I'll be back around later on.

wavy

Bye everybody!


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Morning everyone,
Yes there will be pics of our trip.. taking my laptop and a brand new flashdrive to save pics on and 2 cameras.. and since I made the reservations I made sure hotels had high speed internet connection for free... need my comp fix...
I got our beach,swimming stuff ready today.. I found a storage bag that is shaped like a trunk- has a zipper to close it- holds all the stuff and has a handle to carry it too.. going to go find buckets and shovels tomorrow.. and whatever clothes we still need.. think we still need pjs for the boys..
I need to get myself moving- got 2 loaves of french toast to make up yet- boys haven't called they are ready to be picked up yet either so better get moving.. slept in this morning which was nice ... like this summer schedule ...
Well off to cook...
Nana


[Linked Image]
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,411
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by Tina
Good morning all.
Tamara, I am the proud mother of 5 children. I will be 60 this year. I have no grandchildren. No mysteries about me. I lay most of it all right out there.
I thought you had 3..and didn't know you were going to be 60 either. Maybe I should start paying more attention. lol
Maybe your grandchildren will come like my S-I-L's friend, she had none and was almost 60 then 2 of her daughters had 3 sets of twins in 3 years haha

I knew you had foster children kissie takes a special person for taking in others.



It's hot, too hot..have i mentioned that these past few weeks grin


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
It is hot here too but not too humid. I can deal with that.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,547
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1