|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
Ya thats the problem here, high humidity. It was hard to breathe today....but I fought the heat long enough to buy two perennials from the clearance bin  . Have no clue on what they look like, one says Veronica Speedwell, other says Giant Coneflower  All 1/2 gallon perennials were down to $2 each..and my luck was only having $5 on me, they didn't take bank cards.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
looks like the seedwell is purple & the Giant coneflower is yellow-----they should look pretty together, then right??? 'so glad that you found such bargains. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
I plan to put them in the new expanded garden, I wish they would have had a 'Interac bank card' set up..I would have liked to pick up 3 more different ones..but wasn't driving 20 minutes to and back to the bank. Thinking we depend too much on electronics..no one carries money anymore.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
Oh I also got a little bird feeder and hook from the dollar store to add some charm to the flower bed for now. It's so empty...
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
oh a bird feeder--how nice-=-the birfs wil l ove you, and yes they do add some charm. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
Ya it's a concrete one where the seeds just sit on the open part of it..I'll take pics tomorrow. Cute for $2. Going to town when you really don't have much extra money to spend...bites  I bought a few $1 store canvases today, time to get back into drawing and make the baby some pics of Owls for her walls.
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
..."Back" to drawing, HUH?? is there anything that you do not do????
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
 Today was terribly hot & humid -- sorta stifling -- here at the beach. I went to Biddeford for dialysis and they had a cool, brisk breeze blowing in from the sea... so strongly that I could smell the salt spary! Came home, got out of the van and the air was deathly quiet and dense! We "always" have great air here in OOB but not today!  So I say "thank God for a/c!!" and yes, I run it generously. First of all, because of my heart condition. Second of all, because I don't think it is worth that kind of suffering to save some money. I economize in other ways and spend the $$ to keep my family, friends and myself comfortable. There is no saving grace in needless suffering, I don't think.  Tomorrow if the weather cooperates, I will work in the garden. My tomatoes and green peppers need tending. When I left for dialysis today, I gave Maxi a list of Peter, Paul & Mary songs I wanted him to listen to on YouTube. He did, and rated them w/ stars. 
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
Good morning all. Tamara, I am the proud mother of 5 children. A girl, boy, girl I had in my 20's. I raised them pretty much alone and took in foster children for years. Then in my 40's I began my second family with John A girl and a boy. I dragged him kicking and screaming into parenthood. He thanked me. So my 2 eldest are nearly 19 years older each than my two youngest. My children are 37, 35, 31, 18,and 16. With birthdays coming up to change those soon. I will be 60 this year. I have no grandchildren. No mysteries about me. I lay most of it all right out there. Ok if this is reveal all---I have 2 girls. One is 30 & the other is 24.both had birthdays in april of this year. the younger is married. No grandkids as of yet.-- Same husband, same marriage--(That is my famous line from when the girls were small--people would just look at me strange when they would meet me & the girls for the first time..) I was 58 in June.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
It is raining here, and a bit of a storm--thunder & lightening--but they are not loud, close or strong.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
|
|
Ballard Beaver!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621 |
Good evening everyone! I've been so tired and sluggish today, ugh. Tomorrow will better. Joey started his football camp today. Four days of learning all about football and running drills for 2 1/2 hours. He loved it today and is looking forward to the next three evenings. For me it was back to work today after a nice four day weekend. We had a blast swimming yesterday, I wish I could do that more often. I'm pretty beat though so I'm going to sit in the bath a while and read my book then head to bed a little early tonight. I have an appointment at 8am halfway across the city so I have to leave a little earlier than usual. Have a great night everyone!
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/chermoni.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
Goodnight Cheryl sleep well.
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
I never remember the small details about most people I meet online or in person. Like I will not remember your daughters' real ages but I could get in the ball park. But a refresher course is always good and it helps to let the newbies know who we are. Other than gardeners. I didn't get as much done outside today, raking, watering and such. Having mostly evergreens means they drop leaves whenever they like, not during certain seasons. As it warms they begin to drop lots. Conserving water, I guess. But I do not want lots of dry stuff laying on the ground for possible wildfires as our season progresses. I am trying to stay on top of it. I have most of next years firewood in thanks to a wood splitting fairy that comes mostly when I am gone and splits piles for me to load into my woodsheds. But I am running out of my huge piles of unsplit wood. I will end up buying some for the next year(s). Something to budget for.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
I am like you, Tina---I likely will not rememebr exact specifics about ages--but oh well--I figure we cdan ask one another if the need arrises. I agree about Newbies though-----informartion is always a good thing. Here's hoping that the wood cutting fairy comes by again before next winter. :wink: I am, getting tired but I am running a system scan. while I was preparing to change out my graphics here songs began to be sung on my Photobucket--(not a good sign) so I thought to run the scan. With the stormyness coming in I thought I may need to turn off the computer, so I had better watch & wait for the scan to get done.--so for now, here I am 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
Mini Bio: I was born in Upstate New York, the youngest of six kids. I am 53 with a birthday in September. I have one son, age 14, Maximillian Casco Edward. He was a 3 1/2 lb premie at birth and one of the dad's visiting the NICU quipped "he looks more like a Maxi-quarter-million to me!"  No grandkids, yet, of course, but I have 4 nieces, 4 nephews, 3 great-nephews and 1 great-neice. Our dinner didn't stick w/ us tonight, so I made Maxi a fried egg sandwich and I had a grilled cheese & tomato. Along with my cup of Red rose Tea, that hit the spot!
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38
Frogger
|
|
Frogger
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,043 Likes: 38 |
Merme--I was a 3-1/2 pound preemie as well. mom was 6 to 6-1/2 months along. I was in an incubator for 6 weeks. One of the nurses brought doll clothes from home to put on me, as teh hospital was not equipped for Preemies. Mom & dad insisted that I stay in the hospital close to home, so mom could visit me every day, instead of my being moved to a hospital with a ward esp for preemies,  I so wish the computer scan would finish so I could go to bed---the thundering has stared back over once again. 
![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/junie.gif) ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) ________ Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
Good morning all, rain ..rain..rain.. You know my story also..37 yr old married housewife, 20 yr old daughter who will be turning me into a grandmother in less than a month. Hope everyone has a great day planned..I'm off to work on that Ark 
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
|
|
Super Granny
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786 |
Morning, Got a busy day here coming so this will be quick.. hubby wants to take car in for oil change before trip.. then he is off to dentist-- and if he feels okay after we will hit the store for adapters for dvd players and ipods ,and games for the cars... gone are the days of color books and crayons I guess...LOL! He wants Carrie to give him a haircut too... I have the boys all packed and ready to go.. want to get our suitcases ready too- they are so excited- got the Disney dvd yesterday and they got a taste of what it really is...
My mini bio... born in Denver- raised in Alaska,moved to Az .. got married had 2 kids- girl 42, boy 39, divorced ... remarrried 33 yrs ago.. girl 32 .. moved to Colorado .. kids all followed... now have 15 grands, ages 20 down to 5, and we are thinking about retiring in a few yrs... I am going to be 60 in Sept... boy where does time go when you are having fun? Nana
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
|
|
Grande Damme
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310 |
 Good morning, everybody! Foggy here and very humid.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/merme.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart? The other heart was given to another for us to find.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
Seems we are sharing the same weather..
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9
California Queen
|
|
California Queen
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027 Likes: 9 |
Good morning. This is where desert living pays off. Most of the time as our heat rises the humidity drops. It helps keep life bearable. I have no major plans for my day. As I get up and moving I plan on raking more.
~Tina ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/tina.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) Drama Free Zone. What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67
Northern Star
|
|
Northern Star
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,422 Likes: 67 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt. ![[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/psd/sunny.jpg)
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,577
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|