Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Come on in and sit a spell. We got a lot of yakking to do!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol Sounds good but my sewing won't get done lol ..just heating up the iron to press seams.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I know what you mean, Tam. I keep running back here in-between other things, too!

My Weekday Girl doesn't know how to load a dishwasher to save her soul. After she leaves, I do it over again & get TWICE as much stuff in there which makes it less expensive to run. So, the dishwasher is now running.

Next I will cut up chicken.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am going to make home made Southern Fried Chicken and mashed potatoes today. Well, actually, I am going to let Maxi get out the mixer and whip the potatoes instead of smashing them. He loves doing that! lol

We want to cook much today because we won't have an opportunity tomorrow. Tomorrow will be leftovers because he is leaving kinda early.

Gee, I saw some very pretty neighborhoods last week while I was hunting for the move. I hope I can get something nice in neighborhood like that!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Can't chat really I just came in to check with ya all.
I have been to the bank, the Post office & the House my DD is sitting to let the dog go potty. The people should be home today at some point, but my DD left on her float trip last night, so I helped her out.

now I'm off to feed the hummers & then clean the kitchen. wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
In for 5 whilr I grab lunch..DH fell asleep on the chair...he's gonna be cranky when I start to sew in a few minutes. My machine is clunky..

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
too bad for your DH. are you sure there is not some quiet part that yo can do first--to give him a few more minutes rest. I would hate for him to be cranky and there you'll be all handy to be crankly at. rolz

Mine got back & we just had lunch.
now I have dishes & he is cleaing things up in the garage.
Then he will cut grass & I will take his mom to the grocery.

It's always something, isn't it??? lol

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope you have fun at the grocery with your mom-in-law, Carol.

And mebbe DH won't wake up too too cranky, Tam! lol

Well, I have the potatoes peeled, cut up & soaking in water. I have to leach the potassium out of them before cooking because of dialysis. And, I have the roaster chicken all cut up and mostly skinned, ready to be dredged.

Now I gotta mix the dredging items and set up the "assembly line". I'm going to wait a bit for that, though, because Maxi wants to get in a short nap & he will help with later steps of the cooking. I really don't want him near the frying pan when the oil is that hot! yikes

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
There's one thing the girls have done before, frying. Supervised of course because it scares them a little but I hate frying up zucchini because it's time consuming, so the girls will volunteer to do it for me. They love fried zucchini so they know the only way to get it is to do the work themselves. lol

Don't know what I'm going to do today. I have one load of laundry to run but that's it. I paid all my bills today. I tried to make my car payment online but it wouldn't recognize my account number, then I tried to make a payment by phone and same thing. I got my account number off of my bill so I know it's right. Maybe it's just not in their system yet since this is the first payment? Oh well, good thing I have checks. My license plates should be in soon. My MIL is scheduled to fly in tonight. The kids are excited that she's finally coming. She was supposed to fly in Thursday night but extreme weather cancelled her flight. She was able to change her return flight for a day later so at least she gets to make up a day.

Tomorrow is my 10k race for ovarian cancer. I'm really excited about this one. Here's a bit of info on this charity. It's called the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer. It was founded by Dr. Saul Rivkin, who happens to be an oncologist, after his first wife died of ovarian cancer. I used to work for an answering service and we answered for Dr. Rivkin. He always impressed me because if one of his patients called him after hours, for any reason, he always talked to them. We never asked why they were calling, we never took messages. We would simply get their name, put them on hold, then connect them with the doctor. How many doctors do you know that are that dedicated to their patients? We answered for a lot of doctors and I can tell you how rare that is. Ovarian cancer is known for not showing symptoms until it is well advanced. Because of that, ovarian cancer is often deadly. Maybe next year I can do some fund raising for them but for this year, my fee for registering to run will have to suffice.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I just realized that tomorrow is my 4th GH anniversary! I can't believe how the time flies.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
flwr HAPPY TGH ANNIVERSARY, CHERYL! flwr

YAY! 4 Years!

It's nice to know you here.

The 10k sounds good, my friend. I'm sure your registration fee is a help to that worthy cause.

My dear friend Jane has been battling ovarian cancer for four years now and the fight has been fierce! She lives way up north and needs to go to Boston for her chemo. So she flys for free w/ Angel Flights -- a volunteer program of pilots to bring patients for treatments. As tough as it is w/ what she has gone through, I'm just glad she is still here.

I also like to fry eggplant. YUMMY! When I get going, I make fried eggplant & fried tomatoes. Can't be beat!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I will be 5 years old in Nov.
It is enough for you to run in their race this year, Cheryl. Ovarian cancer is one of the scary ones because of how sneaky it is.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hello everyone--WOW it is hot !!!

I will be 4 years old this October. clap

Ok whomever is making fried zuchinni or fried tomatoes--I'll be right over, OK??? YUM !!!

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I will be 6 years old in October.

I am making fried tomatoes & fried egg plant next week, Carol. That will give you time to drive over! lol

The only trouble w/ Southern Frying an entire cut up chicken when you don't own a deep fryer is that it takes forever to get it all done, working three or four pieces at a time in your regular cast iron pan....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow, I was 7 years in June..no wonder we worry about each other so much. A lot of years have been shared here.

Finished the curtains and DH is ready to put my sewing machine in pieces..he said. "you better make plans to buy a new one soon', Uh sure..go sell another cow and give me the money lol

Dampness is setting in, yup rain again.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara

Finished the curtains and DH is ready to put my sewing machine in pieces..he said. "you better make plans to buy a new one soon', Uh sure..go sell another cow and give me the money lol

Works for me!!!! I guess you had better get to picking out a new machine. That way if you ever come home to find your sewing machine had an "accident" you will know which model you need to go buy, huh???

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Rain is expected here, too, Tam. It has gotten damp and cold.

I'm heading for a shower to warm up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
That's what I just did also..first time in a month that I was chilly lol

Time for bed..10pm here..Night.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am embroiled in paperwork instead of hopping in the shower! boohoo

It drives me crazy how much paperwork there really is!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sorry about all the paperwork, Merme. I hate it too. I got my license plates today, no more window sticker. Aros's mom got delayed again but only about an hour so that's not so bad. I'll be needing to get to bed when they leave to pick her up, I have to get up by 6am tomorrow morning. I found some bread/muffin mix to try and bought some blueberries and poppy seeds. I see baking in my near future. Maybe tonight but I doubt I'll get to it. For sure tomorrow. I also have a bunch of bananas in the freezer so maybe I'll make banana bread for the family. Tonight it's pizza for me! I buy these personal sized gluten free pizza crust, brush on some olive oil and pesto, then add red peppers, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and goat cheese. I love it!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds good, Cheryl. I had a BLT for dinner and a tomato and cheese sandwich as dessert.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Aros and the kids should be back any time now with MIL. She finally made it, yay! I hope I'm feeling as good tomorrow as I did today. I've had some rough days lately and have really come to cherish my good days. Have a great night and I'll report on how my race went sometime tomorrow.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am wishing you a great run tomorrow and a wonderful visit with your MIL, Cheryl. And a good night's sleep to begin it all.
And good night from me too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

Good luck on the race Cheryl.

Well another day of rain..so I'll be inside all day. If DH can find something to do or somewhere to go..I'll be breaking out the sewing machine to make another quilt top. thumbup

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning everybody!

Gee, I hope Cheryl has easy weather for her race today and that she's all rested up.

I'm letting Maxi sleep in a little bit. He was up earlier but I sent him back to bed. We have nothing on our agenda but a visit to the beach so he can boogie board it, so sleeping in isn't a problem. I think this work/study has been wearing him out.

Now for some coffee! lol

Anyone hear from Nana?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Nope, no news from Nana or Lynne lately..

I'd need more than coffee for today, it's so grey outside, yuck.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well, since Maxi is going back to his dad's, I decided to break out the pots and pans.... bacon, fried potatoes and eggs and maybe even apple muffins....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been out with my rake and moving sprinklers around. I cleaned out one rain gutter. I have 2 to go. But will certainly need to do them again multiple times before we get rains. But I mostly do that to stave off hot ashes finding my house more than for any other reason. I even rake my roof. I love my pine trees but they are a mess too.
Life is good and easy today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina. Pine trees drop like crazy..I can't get over the fact that you need to rake your roof. Ever thought of getting some of the trees cut down? Glad you're having a nice easy day thumbup

Rain stopped and the sun is trying to peak out..I have firewood to stack in the shed and just cannot get it to dry out enough first. We need a week of sun and no rain..

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all from beautiful Yuma Az.. nice thing is there is no other people here in the hotels- we have a whole wing of this one to ourselves... no worries about boys disturbing people...we visited with Joe's Mom last night and going back tonight for dinner, boys loved Disney and Seaworld , more later have to go eat breakfast ...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Nice to check in, Nana. I am glad you are having fun. But I know how hot it is there and you have monsoonal humidity to add to it a bit, too. Take care of yourself in that heat.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Nope, no news from Nana or Lynne lately..

Thanks so much for looking for me, Tamara! kissie

I've been reading here very late at night, but don't have much energy to write lately. My mom was hospitalized twice the past few weeks, and I've either been in the hospital with her daily, or at my parents' house - both being about 45 minutes away. When I'm not there, I'm shopping for my parents, or doing their laundry, etc.

I hope everyone here is doing well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Gee, I've been wondering about Nana and Lynne and the day they were both here, I wasn't! boohoo

We had a good day though, and I have an Apple Crisp in the oven.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots

Thanks so much for looking for me, Tamara! kissie

I've been reading here very late at night, but don't have much energy to write lately. My mom was hospitalized twice the past few weeks, and I've either been in the hospital with her daily, or at my parents' house - both being about 45 minutes away. When I'm not there, I'm shopping for my parents, or doing their laundry, etc.

I hope everyone here is doing well.

You're welcome, I know how that goes..the running and worrying, rest up when you can kissie Prayers for your mom prayers

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've been waiting patiently for an hour for the Apple Crisp to get done in the oven. I opened it to test it and it was still mostly raw! Here, I had not turned the oven all the way to 350 degrees; it was at 200. I must have let go of the dial and seen the clock instead. boohoo Now I have the oven turned up and now that crisp will crisp! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I've done that before lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I couldn't believe it, just couldn't buh-lieve it! lol

I have my nose stuck in Pride & Prejudice. Sigh.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm just sitting here listening to my DD complain about her boyfriend (we're on MSN)..it's been a long half hour lol

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone! I've had a day. The race went pretty well. It was a lot hillier than I expected so I had a few walk breaks. I still haven't worked on conditioning my lungs for hills. Once of these days. Anyway, considering the hills I still feel I did well. It was sunny and 61 when we got going this morning. I think it was near 70 when I finished, an hour and fifteen minutes later. I prefer it to be a bit cooler than that but it wasn't too hot so I won't complain. On my way back home I decided to treat myself to a mint mocha so I stopped at the store and when I got back in my nothing worked. I was in denial at first and kept trying to start the car to no avail. The door locks, window, radio, nothing would work. It just keep making this weird clicking noise, almost like how some turn signals sound, and I did have a couple of dash lights but that was it. I couldn't believe it, I've only had the car 3 weeks and it's brand new. So, I called my sales rep and AAA. AAA came out and tried to jump the car, didn't work. The car is just completely shut down and no one understands why. AAA towed me to the dealership where my sales rep had a loaner car ready and waiting for me. The service department isn't open until tomorrow so that's all I can do today. At least it's all covered and I'm not without a car. I think my new license plates must be cursed as I was just at the dealership yesterday to get my plates. So, I got home finally and was starving. Almost everyone was up so I got started on breakfast right away. It was a very late breakfast but that's okay. We didn't really have anything else to do today. We are planning to go see Inception tonight and I'm super excited about that. It looks good and I've heard it's really good. Hope everyone else is having less of an eventful day.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I am sorry about your car, Cheryl. I hope it is an easy find-and-fix. I hope the movie entertains it right out of your head.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,932
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image