Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good Morning all..sun is still shining and it has been well over two weeks with no rain..my lawn is getting crunchy. lol

Plenty of cooking planned for today, time to make a batch of sauces and such.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I saw Cheryl go "whoosh"-ing by last night! lol

Hi Tamara ~ It will be nice to get those sauces and things made up.

Today I see the back doctor, go grocery shopping, and pick up the three shirts I ordered Maxi for school.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
ny body home??? I wanted to sleep more but the puppies thought it would be nice to go outside. why I will not be getting another "puppie" when Dante's time comes.

Yepo I saw that Cheryl whoosed by too.

Hey everyone !! I bought myself a small plastic coffee press. Now I will get to have fresh coffee in the morning even if there is not a full pot made. clap

Yea me!!!

DD is going to go to Denver this weekend. I am guessing she leaves this evening after school. One of her old college roomates is leaving at noon from Wisconsin to here to meet teh other 2 that are going to see a 4th roomate who lives in Denver. I say they are ALL lucky ladies.
So happy that Val's bosses let her have tomorrow off--what with school just starting yesterday.....

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Merme and Carol..

I'll be in and out all day..just made a batch of sweet and sour sauce, garlic sauce..a jar of pickled eggs and pasta salad with devilled eggs.

Still have a few more sauces to make, bread to mix and bake and so on and so on. It's cool today so I am taking advantage of it..although my kitchen looks like it exploded lol I'm a messy cook to say the least.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi Tamara--They say messy cooks are the best cooks. So good for you...mess away. You sure have been busy. I bet it smeel good in your house today.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I turned off my alarm in the night and slept in an hour. But I am feeling pretty good now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Well good for you. See waht happened is your body new I got up early & so it thought you should make up the sleep I lost by doing that. Congratualtiuons on getting the exrea sleep, though. Glad you feel better for it.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina and Juniegirl wavy

Well got the mess from round one completed..about to start round 2 in a few minutes.

Hoping I get enough cukes in my garden to make a batch of relish this week end grin I just love preserving time...and I see the crabapple tree at the abandoned house over the road is loaded with apples..jelly, jelly, jelly lol

You know you have no life when... haha

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I had issues in the night that had me spending time in the bathroom. But those have passed and I am doing good today. I may even go out shopping in a bit.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Tamara, that IS life. Preserving and getting ready for winter. Keeping a little summer in your life and on your menu when you have feet of snow outside the windows.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
So true Tina..nothing feels as good as watching a major snow storm outside and eating jam on home made bread when the power goes out lol Got to look at the positive.

Hope you feel better today..have fun shopping.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I have a splitting headache from spending the majority of the day in a hot car! yikes

I am going to drink some water, take some Tylenol, and go lie down in my room which is cool and dimly lit.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just got a paper flyer in the mail..apparently they set up a small carnival a 10 minute drive from here..and I have no children to take rspb

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tam, take your Inner Child to the carnival! She will like it, too!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Tam, take your Inner Child to the carnival! She will like it, too!

yes do that, sounds like fun!!!--but first tell DH that since you are now your inner child, you are not allowed to use teh stove--so he should come along to get some supper. grin :wink:

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. Long hot days lately. I get wiped out easily, even with naps.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night Tina. I too am going to bed now. I have a headache that is trying to go into my ear--- rolz

Sleep well everyone......

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
OK Let's try this again. I lost my post & then was told that it already exsists--but nope its not here.

The grandpuppies got me up at 5am as they decided it would be a good idea to go outside. So now I am waiting on Dante to come back in. He likes to leave the yard when it is dark out, because he knows we cant see where he is. The good news is he comes back soon.

If it were light I would have harvested some coneflower seed while I waited. My Double Delight thinks it is later in the season than it actually is. If I cannot go back to sleep I can always go out at first light.

I thought sure I would see Tamara--but I guess she is busy.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Ya I was up but busy..sorry.

Looks like a day of rain and dampness here. DH works a half day today so there'll be lots to do this morning in case we have to run errands this afternoon.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Still hot so not as much will get done outside as has been in prior weeks.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody!

Carol you didn't say if your headache of last night is better this morning or not, but I hope it is!

Tamara I'm glad you are getting some rain finally.

Those of you in hot areas try to stay safe and cool.

We're in the low 80's today but will drop down into the upper 30's tonight. We have got us a good stiff breeze kicking up out there that is supposed to get stronger throughout the day.

Dialysis today so I'll be around later on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning Tina, Merme & Tamara.

Merme, my headache is gone. (Thanks to a 12 hr Sudafed & Ibprophen)..

MY Dr told me one time that sudafed would get rid of a Migranine headache as well as drain sinuses if one had allergy problems. So I figured either way it was a good move. The ibprophen was a "back up maneuver".
Be safe today.

Tamara--I figured you were busy. Busy is good. You can play this afternoon if you want that way. thumbup Happy to hear you are getting some rain.

Well I went out & got my Double Delight flower heads. I will make sure they are completely dry (got them this am with dew on them yet) & then I will harvest the seeds. The other flowers are not ready yet. Perhaps in a few days.

not much going on here today. why

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, I think the rain is just teasing..it's so damp and windy out but not a drop so far.

I've got bread and rolls in the oven, smells heavenly.

Glad the headache is gone Carol.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been out working before the heat struck. I think I may be just about done. I am running out of the cool part of the day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

It was windy and not too hot today & we are in the mid-60's now, but dropping quickly. I love this time of year.

Tonight I had one of Maxi's tomatoes from outside. That thing was so sweet and delicious I wondered again why I ever bother with store bought tomatoes in the winter?! They don't taste like anything. On the other hand, a simple plant, however frugally it produces, will make you a wonderful taste treat.

I will be so glad when Maxi gets home tomorow night. It has seemed like ages since he left.

My agency couldn't get me a Sunday girl this week so no church or beach for us. boohoo But Maxi might be tired from camp anyway and maybe could use the down time. He has a busy week next week also, going to his dad's for 3 days while I'm in the hospital.

It's been a quiet night here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. I need sleep. Long hot days knock the stuffing out of me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good evening everyone. We had a very long, exhausting, and incredibly fun day today. We drove down to Wild Waves, which is a water and amusement park. We go for a day every summer with the only exception being the summer Ashley had the broken ankle. It was only about 60 degrees when we got there but the water was surprisingly warm. It did warm up to about 68 by the end of the day which felt much warmer in the direct sunshine. So, it wasn't a really hot day to play in the water but it wasn't too cold either. We've had such a mild and cool summer for the most part that a sunny day in the 60's is perfectly warm for us. The kids had a blast and it was really nice for all of us to get away for a day and just have fun. Man are we ever wiped out though. And hungry, so tired and hungry that we ordered food because neither of us wants to go anywhere else today and we have almost nothing to eat in our house. I slathered on sunscreen twice today but that wasn't enough because I got a little burnt regardless. Not too bad though, I'm sure it would've been much worse had I not used any. Tomorrow I have to go to the pharmacy and pick up a new acid reducer to try and then I have to pick up my race packet for Sunday. I've been wanting to do this race and have been looking forward to it all year. I finally get to run it! Joey and I are going to switch netbooks so I need to get mine restored for his use and then get his restored and set up for me. I don't like the keyboard on his as well but it has more than double the memory so it'll be better for me until I can save up to buy a real computer. I'll be back in tomorrow, good night!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

That is the second time in a row I have felt the wind as Cheryl has gone "whooshing" past! lol Now that she is such a runner, I never seem to keep up with her!

I am up very early today; earlier than I meant to be. I think a storm rolled through during the night because my bedroom clock was blinking when I got up and my living room TV is off. why

Right now I'm just waiting for the coffee to get done brewing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning all and Merme, we lost power also and when it came back..we had no internet for a bit.

Same storms rolling for both of us, it rained a bit..which was welcomed. (well except for the farmers still haying)

It's a busy week end here again, as always..It seems like I just can't catch up on things. I need to get things in order because next week is 'preserving' season. This year I plan to bottle less, I did 100 bottles last year and got tormented to the point where I have almost nothing left..so all were told this year, Don't ask~there's none to spare thumbup It's just too much work and money to give away.

Hope everyone has some fun planned for this week end.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I just went out and harvested tomatoes from Maxi's garden. It is a pretty day out there! We've got so many tomatoes right now *and I have to eat them very sparingly because of dialysis* I think I will give some to my pal Angel who is coming over this morning.

Tamara, why not tell them "help me w/ the work and the expense, and you can have some too; otherwise you must wait to see what is in your Christmas stocking!"

My sister and I used to work together to put up things using her kitchen. We always had such fun! And it made the work go faster.

I'm tired today but I have some errands to run once the bank opens.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning all. We had storms as well. yesterday we got a few tenths of rain After last nights 2-3 storms we all in akll yeilded 2 & 2/10 inches of rain. yikes We really need it to dry up for a long perios of time so Rod can dif o ut down the area of the crack to reapir it. I honestly have no idea why we have homeowners insurance as we cannot call & claim on the earthquake that caused the crack (of course it is too late now to claim it anyway)

On to the bad news.
1) I did not get the 3rd job I applied for last week. I am pretty well done trying--at least for now.

2) I went out to the freezer last night to get a loaf of bread & found a lot of my stuff thawed. DH came home & said my compresser gave out. As it takes at least 24 hours for things to thaw in a chest freezer, the storm was not the issue. So after much talking & looking, we went to Sears & bought a new Kenmore freezer to replace my lovely Fridgedare. egad
There was a good sale this weekend at Sears & we paid far less for this one than we did back in 1993 for my first one of the same size.
I do not have it yet---possibly either wednesday or next weekend. DH will not let them deliver it. Sears being Sears wants $70.00 for delivery--so he said no.

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Carol!

I'm sorry your freezer gave up altogether but glad you were able to replace it with a reliable Kenmore. How do you plan on getting it home if you won't let Sears deliver?

I regret to hear about the job situation. But remember the PM I sent you; I perhaps may have been able to help beforehand. If working in this environment is what you really want to do, then please do not give up just yet!

I have an old Appalachian hymn stuck in my head this morning with the line "sad one weep no more!" It is a very cheerful hymn and lively tune and I can't stop whistling it!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi Merme--and yes you are probalby right. I think my honesty got me. I said I would not drive i n St Louis for field trips (they dont go to St louis so why pouint that out I ask) & I told her I could not lift more than 20 pounds. well I forsee no lifting in the preschool age area--BUt then thay asked me if I would work anywhere from 6 ot 6 (they have a daycare) so that was perhaps the deal. As I say too forthcoming with information. perhaps next year.

DH says he can slide it down his ramps, if tehy will load it i n his truck (they will) If he gets some help all should be fine. He is moving my old one out as I type. he had better not be hurting himself.

GTG--BB soon

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all, in for 5.

Sorry on the deep freeze Carol and the job also. You need some luck to fall your way, the good kind thumbup

Too funny on the 'help and share' Merme, they don't know the meaning of those words..and if they did, they'd back out anyway at the last minute. Right now I am driving myself crazy looking for the mustard seeds I bought. why

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have bought seeds and found them months later, Tamara. They hide well. This year it was a pound of seeds I couldn't find for a long time, beyond their planting date. Oh, well, maybe next year.
I am sorry your freezer died, Carol. My deep freeze fell apart last week. It still works but the lid comes up in three sections now; the lid shell, the sheet of insulation and the inner liner. I need a new one too. But meanwhile it works still with a weight on it so I'm not losing my bounty stored in there.
We are to have a triple digit week. I want to work as early in the mornings as possible to keep up with what I have accomplished already.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks everyone about the freezer. I had to pitch some stuff, put a lot in my frig freezer & took the rest to mom's house.--she thought I should have marked mine, but I think I know what I took to her house.

I really wanted to see if mine could have been fixed---but the repair shop I use was closed for the day & so my window to see what it would have cost closed, so to speak.

Lost seeds--yep--happens to me all the time. I really need to reorganize my gardening area instead of just putting stuff down. rolz

Right now it is beautiful outside---i so wish it was not so soggy out. I really should be doing some yard work.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
The seeds are for pickling...I bought a new bag and just can't find them and can't make relish without them..arghhh.

The cost of a new compressor and installation is more than the new appliance, the compressor went in my fridge last year, it was cheaper to buy new so you did the right thing.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning everyone! Got a fresh pot of breakfast going. Aros is asleep on the couch and who knows what time the kids will wake up. Everyone had a pretty tiring day yesterday. I feel well rested though. As soon as my coffee is ready I'm off to get ready to head out to the pharmacy and then to pick up my race packet for tomorrow. When I get back I was going to work on our computers but I think I'd better get some weeding done first since we finally have good weather for me working outdoors. Aros and the kids did half of it for me a couple weeks ago but I haven't been able to finish up yet. Laundry is also on my to do list for today. At least a couple of loads. Stay safe, stay dry, stay cool, and have a great day!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
oh coffee--I didnt wake up soon enough this am (I got up at 6:45 mind you) there was only 1 cup left. I think I am going to have that boy make a bigger pot of coffee when he make coffee on the weekend.

Tamara: pickling--I should have realized. hey I know--have DH help you look. he will get to eat benefits of finding it after all.

I just had a 1 hr nap, so I am all caught up on my sleeping now, glad to say.

Have a good day Cheryl. Did you go to Walgreens yet????

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
He did help look..I have no clue where half the things went in the two weeks I was gone rolz Now I'll have to wait til Monday to get more.

I'm a little cranky today lol I admit it.. Cheryl, share the coffee grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image