Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
By George, Merme I think you are right.

I hope Maxi has a good day!!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
By George, Merme I think you are right.

haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning! Sound like Maxi's going to have a fun day. My great grandma used to voluteer at her church for their once a month feed for the poor. She would bake and cook a lot of the food. I got to help her once when I visited for the summer and we baked so many cookies that it was hard to believe they all fit in her little apartment. They don't usually have baked goods and the prime just loved it! I remember feeling so proud that these people got so much joy out of something I helped to make. It's a good feeling. Maybe that's why I'm in the field I'm in, it feels good to help people. Glad you have a new girl that does a good job, Merme. What a stress reliever that must be.

Another semi slow day at work. I'll be accompanying a resident to an appointment today. I look at those as paid field trips. We're planning on going out to the mall today. Aros has a video game to pick up and me and the girls want to go back to a Halloween store for some things. I've decided on leopard. Have a great day everyone!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Cheryl I am glad you have such fond memories of your grandma, cookies, and helping other people! That seems a perfect combination to me!

A leopard costume sounds exotic. Have fun!

I got my apples done, YAY! Laundry done, YAY!

My girl tackled and completed my bathroom clean up. She did a great job!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
mailed, stamps bought & a small grocery shopping done.
Now back to peeling apples egad
These apples are to freeze for pies this time

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Everyone had a busy day I see...

I got some of my grocery shopping done and banking. What a mess, when I went to use the banking machine last time..there was a bank book jammed into it and when I entered to update my book it updated onto the jammed one(as well as everyone else who used the machine that evening).

So today I had to go through the hassle of getting them to back date my book..jeepers. Took almost an hour to straighten it all out. She kept saying "well do you really need that info?"..UH YES, it shows that I paid my bills this month. touched

DH just came in and asked if I was done mowing the grass for the year? Hmm, we had snow flurries the other night, what do you think? haha

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep we all have been busy--
I myself ended up getting 12 regular containers of applesauce & 1 double sized container.
I then had time to peel 12 cups of apples (2 pies worth).

Tamara about your banking problems--I am glad that you got it all straightened out. I hate when I have to do soemthing with the bank. It has to be right if they stabd to profit but iof it is you, well that is another issue.--they would rather not be bothered.
example:
I had a 2 cent mistake in my checking account once. It was their mistake---and they didn't want to fix it either---I should just ignore it.
well if I had of owed THEM the 2 cents, I am sure that they would have wanted it. I am glad that you stuck to your guns and got i t all straightened out. So sorry it took so long.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
We had a busy day here.. Joe and I took kids to school- then we went shopping at Big Lots... got new Halloween and Fall decorations.. my old stuff was getting shabby...
Then I went shopping with Carrie for new jeans for the little boys... they all just grew! so they all got new jeans and I found a hoodie made like a cardigan with a zipper.. it was on sale and I got a 2 15% off next shopping trip coupns to use- Christmas shopping here I come!
Merme I hope your new girl stays with you for a long time, she sounds wonderful after all the ones that were just marking time and to actually listen when you tell her what you need... she really cares...
Well off to make some supper- I am having soup... Joe wants hot dogs... he will cook them outside ...

It snowed in the mountains the last couple days... rained here ,all night- and some of the morning... cold now though- I am freezing so going for my soup and may make some hot choc too.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Nana Sherri ~

I'm glad you were able to get new decorations. It is odd how so suddenly things seem to look past their use! "That thing was just fine..... uh, oh gee, 10 years ago!" is what I often find myself saying! lol

Yes, isn't it peculiar how kids tend to grow? Why they are just like little plants! They also seem to want to eat all the time. Go figure!

I too hope my girl Ifrah stays for a good long time, Nana. But my concern is that she lives all the way up in Portland & if I don't get moved quickly, before winter sets in, she might not want to make the 1/2 hour drive once the roads get wintery.

We've been having temperatures in the 30's but we haven't seen any snow yet. We usually don't before Halloween. That is early enough!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes new decorations are nice, but I find myself getting new and then not wanting to get rid of the old--- rolz
Happy for you thought Sherri.

Merme do you think you will be moving any time soon, or do you think you be waiting until the end of the school year in 2011 ??

I am going to go back & watch TV so to see the rescue of the miners in Chilie. So far I have seen them bring up the forst man. The walked to the stretcher to go to be checked out---and that was a good thing.

MY father & grandfather were miners......

Good night everyone.... wavy

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Yay for new decorations! I have yet to put up my Halloween decorations but I'll get on it this weekend. Me and Ashley went shopping together tonight. Because of the holiday Aros didn't get his unemployment check so we didn't go out to dinner. That's ok though. Ashley found an outfit for a costume and so did I so it was a worthwhile shopping trip. Ashley found a cute skirt and top that she is going to buy wings to go with and be a fairy. I bought my leopard tail and ears and found a black long sleeve running top and a pair of running capris that I actually like. I don't like how the ears are to be worn though. There is a plastic type of rubber band that goes under your chin and it's a bit uncomfortable and I'm thinking that it'll only become more uncomfortable after 3 miles. So, I'm going to buy a cheap black headband to glue them on to. Much more comfortable for me that way. Well, I'm going to get on to reading this book. My sales rep could drop by any day now and want it back so I better try to finish. I bought the third book today so I don't have to wait to read it and don't have to rush to give it back to anyone. Have a great night!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't much decorate. This year I even took down the cobwebs. Although I kind of wish I hadn't because insects are going nuts this season. Much more so than a normal year. I am wondering if it means a harsher winter than our usual. And the bats are loving it at night and the birds are mighty active all day. So it is giving me plenty to watch while I ponder.
Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Goodnight Tina, sleep well.

I am still up watching the rescue of the Miners in Chile.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all..stayed up late to watch some of the rescue in Chile. So glad it was going well.

New decorations sound lovely Nana..I have no decorations for anything, as DD grew I didn't replace anything. This year I will try do a little deco shopping after each holiday so I'll be prepared next year for the baby.

Glad you found your costume Cheryl, DD bought a witch one last week(what a skimpy outfit, I made her buy black leggings to wear with it. lol) and I bought the baby a spider one, I had picked up a cow outfit and it was already to small for her, there wasn't much to pick from when I returned it.

DH got called to an emergency meeting this a.m.(never a good thing)..waiting for his return. A freshly tilled field is waiting on us to pick rocks. I won't go back by myself...we are over run with bears again.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I watched a couple of the miners arrive. They seem to be in good shape. It is an awesome project.
Good morning.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yes indeed..#14 on their way now thumbup

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

A crazy busy morning here. Went to an appointment at 9:30, arrived at 9:25, unloaded the wheelchair, my cushion & me, went rolling into the building & waited til 10. The woman was a "no show". Gave up waiting & came home. Called her because there was a message on my machine. SHE had been waiting from 9 to 9:25.... so she was pulling out just as I was pulling in! boohoo So, we agreed she will come to me tomorrow at 3. So a bunch of running around like crazy for no reason!

Today is dialysis, so I have to wear particular shirts I do not wear anywhere else I go. So we dressed me once for the meeting & had to dash home to dress me again for dialysis & move stuff from my purse back to my dialysis bag!

Cwaazy, just cwaazy! Glad she is coming to me tomorrow!

Gotta dash but I will be back later.

Oh and I added a wine list to the squash thread.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sorry for the mix-up Merme, how frustrating.

Well got my separation papers in the mail from work, they accepted my 'sick papers' so officially I did not quit. They just could not accept the 'medical papers' because of the contract I was on. They also paid me for an extra day...

Oh well, I tried....

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You did give it a great effort, Tamara. And a medical release really is much better than just quitting. I am very sorry it didn't work out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks Tina..

Well DH is gone to another meeting, they can't get their work contract settled it seems. Not looking forward to a strike...jeepers.

Sure has been quiet in here today.. neener

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope they don't need to strike, either, Tamara. He has already had a lot of off time for someone with a job.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh no a strike ?? Rod went out on one when he was working in a mine run by Exxon (back when we were first married)

I hated it. we qualified for food stamps but he would not apply for them, so we used up all of our savings.

When will you find out if he is going out on a strike???

will you get any benefits while out?? does Canada have some kind of program to help you if this does happen?????

I so hope he does not end up going out on strike.

well tonight some little Boy came to my door selling pop corn for the boy scouts. he was so young his parents sent his older sister in with him. They were so cute.

33rd miner just got rescued toddy party

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

Isn't it lovely that all the miners AND all the rescuers are out of that hole?! Great stuff!

My son woke up grumpy this morning & didn't want to go to school. I became the bad guy because I said he had to go anyhow. Grouch, grouch, grouch at the mother who ironed his shirt, cooked his breakfast, made his lunch, washed dried & folded his undies, undershirts & socks, tied his tie, got up early to call him awake on time, etc etc etc. Don't you know I've "never" done anything for this kid, I've "never" cared?!

ay-yi-yi! Teen years!! boohoo lol

I am going to price bundt pans because I want to make apfel kuchen... a traditional German apple cake w/ a lemony topping. I don't prefer making it in a bundt pan, but you do need a deep pan for it, so that is the best option to save $$.

I gotta write my grocery list. I am dangerous when I go in a grocery without a list! I spend way too much money! touched

It was only 35 degrees here this morning (Tam I think that is 1.6 C for you) and I couldn't get warm after I got up; had to put on a fuzzy jacket. br-r-r-r. There is 1 1/2 inches of snow atop Mt. Washington already. It is too early for snow, even up there!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, I typed my post and it didn't go through. lol

We got snow flurries the other night Merme, it was -3*C this morning..brrr is right.

Hope Maxi sees the 'light' soon...teen years are awful kissie

I'm hoping for 'no strike' either..if they do go on strike then they still have to go to work to picket then only take home 1/3 of their pay.

Back later..few phone calls to make.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am very glad we are not getting the chills the rest of the world is. Although we have seen some cooler than usual days this month and our mountains have gotten their first dusting of snow. It dropped to warmer than normal pretty quickly. This coming weekend is to be much cooler.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
41*F here--I have on my broken(zipper broke) chenile housecoat.

I got it on sale, to replace the zipper would cost me more than the housecoat did...

Merme---so sorry about Maxi---sounds like a normal teen to me.

I used to chose my battles, often explaing why I did what I did. if nothign else it was a teaching moment for me.
around the age of 21, he will likely wake up & think boy mom finally got smart, its about time-- teach In the mean time---we are all here for you.
Tamara: so cold already?/--ouch--but then it is the middle of October---where did the summer go ??/ I hope for you that the strike does not happen either.
Tina: I love that yo are in Californai---your weather is so wonderful compared to the mid-weat or the east coast.

I have so much to do today. I made a list---

________

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Tamara keep snow// I got yours last year.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Nope dodge..your turn again haha

Busy here as well..i'll try get back later.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am hoping that I do not get much snow this winter--I love snow--in my yard--but not on the roads or walks. It will just not learn. rolz why

I guess I had better get to work--I'll be back later wavy

Last edited by JunieGirl; Oct 14th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm really hoping they are wrong about the predictions they're making for our winter. They're saying this is going to be the worst winter in 50 years.

It's my friday today, woohoo! My co-worker is out and there's not too much I have to cover for her and I did half my stocking yesterday so it should be a pretty easy day today. It's casual day too so I get to wear jeans instead of scrubs. Joey had even asked me this morning if I was going to work, lol. It's been getting chilly at night but we've been sunny and in the low 60's which has been really nice. Our wet season will be here eventually but I'm in no hurry for it.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts

Tina: I love that yo are in Californai---your weather is so wonderful compared to the mid-weat or the east coast.

It does not come without its own weather challenges. California is not paradise. But this past year plus it has been darned close. So I will try not to whine when it gets bad. (I may whimper a little though.)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I went out to buzz some shrubs with my gas hedge shears. I was just finishing when it began to rain on me. I hope it is more rain than just enough to mess with the dust on my car windows and make a mess.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

I am so so sorry for my typing abilities, or lack there of.

I will "try" to remember to read my posts before I post them. blush

Cheryl--would you mind me asking what you do in your job.
Some days I think you are a nurse some days I do not--- why

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Carol, I'm sort of a jack of all trades in a nursing home. I'm a certified nursing assistant but my main job is supplies and I sometimes do staffing.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Cheryl, you have 5 jobs in one. Nursing home jobs are one of the toughest jobs to have. You're a smart cookie thumbup

It's 3 pm, I haven't started supper and have a bucket of beets I'm debating to cook or not. I thought the beets were a loss and never pulled them, today when I checked they seem to be fine. Wondering if they'd be 'old' and worth pickling..any takers???

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Carol, I was not pointing out any typos. I usually don't even see them and just read through most of them. I am sorry, I didn't even notice them.
Everyone does typos. It used to be on our Friday night parties in here, quicker typists than I am, would jump on any typos, quote and accuse everyone of drinking more than their fair share. It was pretty fun.
I am a slow, two finger typist. I look at the keyboard and then, when I am done, I look at the screen. That is when I see my errors. I also use spell check that alerts me when I have messed up.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara

It's 3 pm, I haven't started supper and have a bucket of beets I'm debating to cook or not. I thought the beets were a loss and never pulled them, today when I checked they seem to be fine. Wondering if they'd be 'old' and worth pickling..any takers???

Tamara--I will send you a recipe for icebox pickled beets--they will be ready asap & you can decide for yourself if the beeets are worth saving-

But off the top of my head--even poor beets will be welcomed in the middle of winter.
They will still beat any canned item you could find.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody!

Oh, what a busy day I've had!

But first.... Tam, you are so right! Friday night parties in the Coffeehouse were so fun! Silly stuff.

Yes, I agree with Carol... your beets are worth saving.

Today I am going to blanch and freeze yellow snap beans.

Then I am going to make mussel soup & also stuffed pumpkin for dinner. I will use the recipe that calls for sausage & couscous in the pumpkin.

I am a "touch" typist and type very fast, never looking at the keyboard... I learned how to do that in 9th grade when there was a computer error on my class schedule which assigned me to Typing I several times a day! lol It took a while for me to get an appointment with the staffer in charge of fixing everyone's schedule. It was the first year my school went computerized schedules & what a mess! But even so, with all my professional experience in my career, I still use spell check & still miss mistakes at times!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Carol, I was not pointing out any typos. I usually don't even see them and just read through most of them. I am sorry, I didn't even notice them.
Everyone does typos.
I am a slow, two finger typist. I look at the keyboard and then, when I am done, I look at the screen. That is when I see my errors. I also use spell check that alerts me when I have messed up.

oh I was not feeling like you were pointing them out, I was reading your post & just felt bad. blush

I do as you but I say in my mind want to type so in the end I think all is well--I need to stop & re-read my posts before pushing submit is all. why

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
O.k. I'm boiling the beets, there are gonna be two pots full. I already boiled one pot over on the stove..can we say MESS egad

I am so 'freaking' busy today..arghh...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,944
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image