OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #335178 Nov 16th, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Nighty night, Tina... kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina #335183 Nov 17th, 2010 at 05:34 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning..

Wow what a chatty bunch last night..I must add that I love watching 'The Deadliest Catch' also. I'm a 'Discovery channel' gal.

Well today I have to take DD to see a lawyer once more..getting the paperwork in process for full custody of the baby, and for child support. I am so relieved that the lawyer will be free for her, thankfully we have a government system set up for single moms in these situations.

Other than that..I will be hitting my beloved Dollar store and maybe getting a couple sets of outdoor lights if they still have the ones advertised on sale.

Hope you all have a great day.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Tina #335184 Nov 17th, 2010 at 05:50 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody!

Yes, having free legal help is great, Tam. We have that here also although services vary by state. My state happens to have a good service plan.

Today we have heavy rain and high winds. I hope by the time it works up to you it doesn't turn to heavy snow....

My Avon order FINALLY arrived last night after UPS lost it for a while. I've sent an apology email to my customers & now when I deliver their packages, I'm going to include a consolation gift as well as a 10% off coupon on a future order. I want my customers to be happy & I'm very annoyed w/ UPS for the foul up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina #335185 Nov 17th, 2010 at 06:21 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Merme, yes it's supposed to be rain with light snow for us here.

Glad you got your order delivered..

Just got a call from the lawyer's office, DD's 'Ex' has moved and it in hiding(so he thinks) so they can't do the paperwork today until they have a verification of his new address. His friend let it slip where he moved too, so I have an idea..calling the RCMP to track him down thumbup

Tina #335186 Nov 17th, 2010 at 06:49 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi's school is collecting foods for their annual Thanksgiving meal distribution. Each homeroom is collecting a specific item & Maxi's homeroom is pumpkin pie filling. Then each family is asked to donate a turkey.

The Key Club delivers 500 boxes of Thanksgiving dinners to local poor families & dividing it all up throughout the school like this, they can put together really nice boxes with all the trimmings.

I'm sorry your DD's EX is being a pain. My EX did that for a time also & it didn't work out real well for him. Edward went on the run or into hiding -- whatever you want to call it -- and I went in the hospital on 9/11 for surgery & hovered near death. The hospital couldn't find Edward to come get Maxi who was only 5 at the time, so they called my sister in OH & she & her husband drove all the way up here to get Maxi & take him home w/ them.... 15 hours one way! When Edward finally surfaced & we got to court, he had a FIT in the courtroom that Maxi was in OH and he didn't know anything about it! The Judge verbally bodyslammed him for his bad behavior & gave him no slack whatsoever! lol Edward has never pulled that same stupid trick again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Sunflowers #335187 Nov 17th, 2010 at 06:53 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning wavy

....Glad to hear that you have a line on Madisson's daddy, Tamara. I hope they can locate him for you.
Also glad of the free services that your DD can get. We have then in IL too. They are based on income I believe.
Back when we were kids a friend of mine went to a lawyer to get her divorce, and it was provided for her by some agency or another.

Will you still go out today??/

merme: Glad that you finally got your order in.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Sunflowers #335188 Nov 17th, 2010 at 06:58 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am very glad it is Wednesday. I am very ready for school to be out next week so we can work on better sleep patterns.
Originally Posted by tamara
oo, so I have an idea..calling the RCMP to track him down thumbup

They always get their man!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #335189 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:05 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
merme: Glad that you finally got your order in.

Yes, me too. I was very stressed when I heard UPS lost it!

I'm fairly happy though in general about how things are going so far. Thinking about the customers I already have, I ordered a bunch of lipstick samples in the various color ranges so each lady could pick one to try. I ordered one collection each in the peach, rose, plum & sheer categories because my ladies have such varying complexions. Each collection has 5 shades so they should like the choices.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

JunieGirl #335190 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:11 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl

Will you still go out today??/

No it costs over $30 in gas to go to town. I'll wait and go next week if they can track down an address.

Forgot to mention Carol..Madisson does not have a daddy, she has a sperm donar as a father. thumbup

Last edited by tamara; Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:12 AM.

Sunflowers #335192 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:20 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara

Forgot to mention Carol..Madisson does not have a daddy, she has a sperm donar as a father. thumbup

Well then, that makes it much easier to decide what to do. :wink:

so waht will you do for your new found day---??

Tina I am glad it is Wednesday too!!!

________

Tina #335193 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:21 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am going to BAN Maxi from having bubble gum! He has a piece stuck to the hardwood floor outside his bedroom door & I am going to have him clean it up when he gets home. AND he apparently left some in a pocket because it came through the laundry on one of my nightgowns!

NO MORE GUM FOR MR. MAXI til he grows up! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #335194 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:27 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh I hate that---put teh gown in the freezer. That is suppose to make it hard enough to scrap off, merme

________

JunieGirl #335198 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:45 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Bye, everyone---
It is time for me to go to therapy--catch yo all later, wavy

________

Tina #335199 Nov 17th, 2010 at 07:50 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Have a great day, Carol! Time for me to get my son off to school. I will see everyone later as well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #335200 Nov 17th, 2010 at 08:05 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol have a productive time at therapy.

I gotta get ready to leave for dialysis. But with all this heavy rain & wind, I don't wanna go anywhere. boohoo

I just called the TUMS information line. Now that I've been diagnosed w/ renal osteodystrophy, I have to eat 12 TUMS a day. I only like the lemon but they are hard to find. The guy told me lemon is part of assorted fruit flavors & is sending me a coupon. YAY! The bottle I bought yesterday cost nearly $8. This could get pricey. But better than broken bones!!

I broke my right hand working in my garden 7 years ago & it never healed right because when I went in the coma soon after I broke my hand, they took the cast off. So I'd like to avoid anything else if possible.

Gotta go!!

See ya all later!!

wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina #335203 Nov 17th, 2010 at 08:31 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just be careful Merme..Tums can alter the effectiveness of other meds if taken together. Sounds strange but it happened to my grandmother.

They also have a Tropical flavoured brand out..even has banana flavored ones grin

Merme #335206 Nov 17th, 2010 at 08:37 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
I just called the TUMS information line. Now that I've been diagnosed w/ renal osteodystrophy, I have to eat 12 TUMS a day. I only like the lemon but they are hard to find. The guy told me lemon is part of assorted fruit flavors & is sending me a coupon. YAY! The bottle I bought yesterday cost nearly $8. This could get pricey. But better than broken bones!!

I broke my right hand working in my garden 7 years ago & it never healed right because when I went in the coma soon after I broke my hand, they took the cast off. So I'd like to avoid anything else if possible.

yep--Tums do a good job---when I was first sent to the Bone Health Program here in St. Louis back in the day, the dr they sent me to, put me on Tums--and it worked like a charm. However, I am now on prescription medication for my bones.

long story short---why don't you figure up the mg in the amount of tums you are to take each day & then buy "extra strength tums" or "ultra tums" and then you will not have to take so many a day which may be cheaper on you in the long run---at least why not go compare bottle prices & see. why

I have the Tropical fruit "Ultra' here now--they have 1000 mg a pill and there are 72 in a regular sized bottle. if it is not any cheaper, at very least it will be easier to do

I used to have to take 1200 mg a day--so at very least this would have put me down to 1 of these & 1 regular strength tablet a day. I was taking 6 of the regular strength before.
Good luck.

________

Tina #335208 Nov 17th, 2010 at 09:30 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning, another day another dollar here. PT went well last night. Getting new strengthening exercises and should be starting on a run/walk program soon. At least that's what my therapist keeps telling me. Excuse my ignorance but why tums instead of a regular calcium supplement? I have to take calcium pills twice a day for a total of 1,200mg's. Tamara, hope they find the "donor" and give it to him real good. Glad you get free help, there's not much help here in WA. We have free legal clinics to help you do it yourself but I've never heard of anyone getting a free lawyer for any reason unless it's criminal. I could be ignorant on that as well though. Mostly we have sliding scale services. Carol, hope your therapy goes well. Merme, hope dialysis flies by for you today so you can get home and snuggle up in your warm, comfy house with a hot cup of tea. Tina, having a regular sleep schedule is a must for me or I start to freak out, lol. No school at all next week? Our kids just get a 4 day weekend. Hope you get your sleep back on schedule.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina #335210 Nov 17th, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
They began the full week off a couple of years ago. It still feels odd to me because It used to be just the 4 days here too. But for people who want to travel and things (even teachers), the whole week is easier. But they are beginning school earlier in the year to accommodate those longer vacation days in the middle.
I stopped to shop on the way home from taking Ted to school. I bought 3/$5 turkeys and fixings for the local school baskets and dropped those off. I also loaded up on vegetables that I am going to have to deal with here. I just can't seem to get enough veggies and fruits.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #335211 Nov 17th, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
$5 for a turkey..you must be kidding right? They are $2.49 a pound here on sale.

Tina #335212 Nov 17th, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
No, not kidding. It is a spectacular deal.
New CH is opened.

Last edited by Tina; Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Oops, 101 posts!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,883
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image