Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Hey, Cindy Faye--I have a ??? for you here in the Webkinz forum


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Originally Posted by tamara
Geez, Christmas is over...


Actually, Tam, while Christmas Day is over, the Christmas Season lasts til Epiphany in January. lol This is the time for visiting and being visited! Enjoy it while you can... the memories will warm your heart on those bleak days of February!

I haven't been able tomake my Christmas calls yet today because I can't find my Rolodex w/ all my numbers in it! Maybe this evening...



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good afternoon. I took a decent nap already. I needed it. I need to go out and haul in wood.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Six wheelbarrows of wood hauled today and tucked away in their various woodboxes. And I have some vegetable chowder cooking on the stove top. That is what sounded best to me tonight. I made enough for a few meals.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,408
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,408
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by Merme
Originally Posted by tamara
Geez, Christmas is over...


Actually, Tam, while Christmas Day is over, the Christmas Season lasts til Epiphany in January.

Yup, but when your living room furniture is in the kitchen and the kitchen furniture is in the bedroom...all to make room for a tree....Christmas gets over real soon lol

Sounds like you had a busy day Tina..

Bad storm on it's way for us tonight...thankfully.., we need snow to cover the wells and septics before the extreme cold sets in.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
well ok Tamara: flwr bow I guess you have our permission to take down your tree early. lol neenee


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Yes, that is a good reason to take the tree down early. I am stuffed from my dinner and am pretty darned satisfied with my day. The laundry is done with the exception of folding the last load in the dryer right now.
Ted and I are going shopping for a few fill in things tomorrow. I am low on milk and a couple other things.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Tina I wish yo uand Ted a good night & sweet dreams.

& goodnight to everyone else as well.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Sweet dreams, Carol.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
We are in a blizzard... winds gusting up to 50 mph and they are forecasting 16 inches of snow overnight. Maxi and I are snug.

The nurse manager of my dialysis unit called today & told me that yes, the unit would be open tomorrow but no one is sure if the transportation companies can get through or will be running. Monday is my third day without dialysis, so I must dialyze or go to the hospital. She said if my wheel chair van can't make it, I'm to call rescue & have them take me some place. We already know my girl isn't coming in the morning so Maxi will do whatever needs done to help me pack my bag, etc. I hate the thought of leaving him home alone during storm conditions, so if anything unusual occurs tomorrow, I will take him with me.

But for now all is well with us and we are heading to bed. It is good to have thick blankets on a stormy winter night!

Safe away home, O my palies, and sweet dreams to you all.



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good morning. But I will go back to bed. I am so glad that I am not traveling this season.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

We are getting slammed pretty hard by the storm. I guess Lynne is getting it harder, though.

My transportation company is transporting today, so if I can get dug out, I'll be all set. Maxi will probably work on the shoveling because the crew hasn't shown up yet.



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Good morning to everyone !!!
Oh my it is cold here as well, but thankfully our snow storm has moved out.

We have been getting reports of the terrible snows the east coast has been getting on OUR news stations. I worry about all of my east coast friends.

Merme while I understand that you must get to dialysis, please be careful. we do not need you falling or getting into a really bad accident. So glad Maxi is there to help you, and yes while the day would be long for him if he is with you, to know he is safe would be comforting to you, asp if the power goes out. He is an intelligent boy, & I am sure he will understand that. Good luck to you both.

Lynne---when you get here, I so hope all is well with you and yours. I hope that noone in your house has to go out today. I have heard that it is treacherous out your way.

Tina---so glad that you have no where to have to be this week, and that the wood is readily available. Ah, the glories of wood heat.
I think of you daily. thumbup

I have to make myself get out to go to therapy today. I just really wish I could stay home, but since the cardiac unit was not open last friday nor will it be open this friday, I have to go today & wednesday. Good news is that Wednesday, DH is going with me as he has the day off.

Tamara: if you get in Good morning to you as well.

Has anyone seen or heard form Dodge???


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Ok--I must get going today--see you all later----


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Enjoy your day, Carol.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Good morning. Insomnia got the better of me last night and I'm really tired today. So far work has been okay so let's hope that continues. Merme, stay safe out there!


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
sorry about the insomnia, Cheryl---Dr Oz says drink 8 oz oc tart cherry juice in the am & another 2 hours before sleep & that will help your insomnia.



I see Bill on the side bar & would love to stay & chat with him and Cindy & you all,
but
I have yet to go to Cardiac rehab--so off I must go. I will catch everyone later.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
OK really leaving now, bye wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
And it was nice to see postings by Bill when I got back. Ted and I ducked out to shop for a few items. We will have to go out tomorrow for the rest of my list. But he is pretty happy now because we went to McD's.
And I'm thinking another nap is on the horizon.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,408
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,408
Likes: 67
I'm in...for a minute.

We are in a Blizzard...heavy snow/high winds, what a mess.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
sorry for the blizzard, Tamara--I hope you all are snug & warm inside now---I am jsut in form my therapy & a small run on Wal-mart--I got some Christmas wrapping bargins and a few necessitites in the grocery vein. but I am home now.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Keep safe, Tamara. That traveled up the east coast leaving some nastiness in its wake.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Hi all,

I have had boys all day today... we spent the day playing new games,and watching movies ... they did get to play outside for a while before it got to cold today.. I have been enjoying my new Sony E- Book reader... my kids went together and got it for me... now I have to figure out how to download new books- my son in law put 92 books on it ... that may last me a little while..
I have tomorrow free... going to turn the leftover turkey into enchiladas... we are eating ham and the other leftovers tonight...
Well off to finish up last load of laundry... and warm up some dinner... may go take a nice warm bath too- Joe got me 2 baskets full of bath oil, gels and lotions... all in tropical scents... my favorite...
Have a good evening all...
Nana


[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
You may be in the Colorado mountains but you will be in Tahiti in your mind tonight, Nana. Enjoy. Don't drop your reader in the bath though.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Nana that sounds so nice,- enjoy your bath time. thumbup


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Do you have ceramics tomorrow, Carol? Or is it on a vacation during the holidays?


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
yes I do have ceramics tomorrow. we asked them if they were going to b e closed thru the holidays, but they are not--I am so happy about that


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
And I am happy for you. I know it is your major 'me' time and we all need that.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by Tina
And I am happy for you. I know it is your major 'me' time and we all need that.


Thank you so much and yes it is my "me" time--I DO so look forward to it. shewinks


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
"Good night" everyone--sweet dreams


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Sweet dreams, Carol. I am just kind of hangin' until after 9 so I can talk Ted into going to bed.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy

Just in for a minute before heading to bed. It has been a seemingly long day.

Maxi got out there and did a manly job of shoveling a wide pathway for my wheel chair. He also cleared the porch & stairs so I could get down them okay. My driver arrived early to give us extra travel time because the turnpike was a mess & I was ready when he got here. So Maxi helped me across the porch & my driver helped me down & then they brought the chair down & I was all set!

The wind was fairly fierce... gusting to 55 mph but out on a nearby island they clocked the wind at 72. When it is snowing that hard AND blowing like crazy, it feels like what one might feel like inside of a snow globe! You really can't tell which direction the snow is coming from. Crazy!

Got home exhausted but starving so I made dinner fast. We ate & then I fell asleep for about 1/2 an hour and felt much restored when I woke up. Maxi and I watched movies and talked.

Tomorrow afternoon the guy is coming to get his new TV operational. We couldn't figure it all out or get a cable signal on it. So he'll be here between 3 and 5 PM and Maxi will be really glad to have his Christmas present up and running!

In the morning, though, he is going out sledding w/ his friends. They will have a ball out there with the fresh fall to slide on. Maxi also got new insulated gloves for Christmas, so he'll be styling!

Carol if I don't see you before you go, I hope you have fun at ceramics.

Cheryl I hope the insomnia was a temporary thing & that tonight you rest well.

Safe Away Home, O palies mine, and sweet dreams to you all.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Merme, glad that you made it to and from dialysis safely.

Cheryl, I hope you had a good nights sleep.

I am off to ceramics now---then I am headed to my moms to write thank you cards for Dad.--in all the hub-bub of the holidays we let that slide. blush

I wish everyone a great day. may we all stay safe & warm.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
wavy Good morning, everybody!

I've been suffering my way through an entire mountain of paperwork which had a deadline of today, yikes!

What helped is I got started watching the old Dr. Kildare movies. lol

Meantime I loaded the dishwasher & we got the laundry underway.

It is beautiful and sunny here today. Hard to believe it was storming so hard only yesterday.

Carol see you on the flip side after ceramics and thank you cards.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Good morning. It is bright and sunny out there. I am going to grab up my son and do a little shopping while the weather holds out. Tomorrow is to bring more rain and possible snow to my area. I want to be in a position to hunker down comfortably if I need to.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,621
Good morning. I slept a bit better last night but I also took melatonin to help with that. Woke up with a sore throat today. I woke up with it mildly yestwrday and it went away so I'm hoping it just has to do with my allergies and maybe sleeping with my mouth open at some point. I really hope I'm not coming down with anything. So far the work week has been really calm and quiet, it's been nice. We're just about out of food at our house so I'm sure we'll be going shopping at some point tonight.


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Home now--getting ready to go an make supper--catch everyone later wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Things are sorta quiet around here, so I think I am going ot call it an early night-
sweet dreams to you all. Sleep well & stay warm. wavy thumbup


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
It has been a quiet day in here. I had a very busy productive day with lots of things accomplished. But no nap. So I am off to relax with a couple of games and then head to bed. Sweet dreams, Carol.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,028
Likes: 38
Thanks so much, Tina

Good morning everyone----how are you all this fine morning????


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,539
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1