Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have many plants growing that are having issues. I am trying to post the pictures to view but am having issues as well. Can anyone help explain how to post pictures on this forum?

Last edited by InNeedOfHelp; Jan 21st, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
In the Forum here go to New Members
then click on member benefits,
inside there it explains about posting photos and many other things as well.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
OP Offline
ok thanks so much for the help!!! I really appreciate it. Okay, here goes. I will try to load my pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here are just a few. Some are in a hyrdroponic greenhouse, the mango tree is planted in the yard, and the rest are in pearlite media. Thanks so much. I could really use the help.

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Re-sized photos. Photos can be re-sized in your Photobucket account easily before posting. Click the "edit" button on top of the photo and re-size to 640x480.
OP Offline
Here is the pictures of the strawberry plant leaves that didn't load,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Re-sized photos. Photos can be re-sized in your Photobucket account easily before posting. Click the "edit" button on top of the photo and re-size to 640x480.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I wish I could help you but I know very little about hydroponics. Most of your plants seem to be showing signs of over watering though. The cracked tomato and the browning leaf edges for a couple. You could have a little rust problem as well. I just don't know. Bur when you find an answer and a fix I'd love to hear about it and see the better results.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
This is a hard question to answer because I don't know the history of your hydroponics greenhouse garden. When was the last time you cleaned and/or replaced the solution?

You should also make sure your solution is circulating properly and doesn't have any debris such as odd bits of plants, or fragments of the media in it blocking circulation.

You should also test the pH of the solution. When plants go through fast growth, particularly just before maturity, they give off more wastes. This over-saturation of wastes raises the acidity in the solution. So either replace it completely if the acidity is too high OR dilute it down with water.

greenhouse hydroponics are really easily subjected to parasite infestations which do respond well to vinegar treatment.

Also, did you flush the system and clean it well between crops? If you empty the beds, dump the solution, and flush out the pipes, trays and medium, you can go ahead and do it with a 1:5 ratio of vinegar:water. Very simple but effective.

If you could give more information, perhaps I could be more helpful!

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Jan 23rd, 2010 at 08:33 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
1.Mango with brown tips
Quote:
5. What causes mango leaves to die or burn at the leaf tips and along the margins? Leaf burn may be the result of salt toxicity or over-fertilization, anthracnose infection, soil contamination, excessive animal waste, spray burn, bark scale infestations, or being too close to salt water. Prevention of salt toxicity or soil contamination is the solution. If this should occur, leaching the soil with continuous applications of fresh water will help. This should be done all in one day. Once leached, you should prevent contamination from occurring again.

3. Tomato fruit with cracks
See: http://msucares.com/crops/comhort/cracks.html

4. Basil with brown tips
See: http://www.richters.com/newdisplay.cgi?page=./QandA/growing/20050722-2.html&cart_id=111.100

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
Jean_Smith
Unregistered
Jean_Smith
Unregistered
I would suggest you to check pH and hydroponic nutrients that you usually use for your hydroponic growing needs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image