Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
500 Posts
500 Posts
Thank you so much for starting this thread. my Daughter has psoriasis,shes had it for years and we have tried so many different things to treat it with no result. were gonna get some neem oil.seems like we have several different things we would like to use it for. :wink:

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I use neem oil concentrate all the time!!! Love it!! roses especially love it,, I've also heard of neem oil/ neem bark for gum disease too.

Good Topic Njoynit!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I've used it on the dogs.least they smell better so i guess its a partial de oderizer.

When I lived up Whitehouse,with growing over 100 roses(181 at one time.....)I made myself a magnet for aphids(the flour thing worked,but was not pretty but was neat making aphids blow up)the rubbing alchoal was too time consuming .I had read online that a rosearian from the rose society would come to your house if we're a 1st time grower.So called and a few weeks later one came to visit.she told me about the neem& a bunch of do's& don't's.

apple cider vinegar 1 TBS 1 gallon of water.water plants with every 3 months.it boosts growth and provides trace minerals& lowers soil PH

organic rose fertilizer(developed by Morris Arboretum Phildelpia PA)
1 cup alfalfa meal
1 cup greensand
1 cup gypsum
1/2 cup bone meal
mix ingrediants well sprinkle around base of roses and scratch in .best done in early spring.That makes enough for 1 large rose bush or 3 small roses.

damping off cure I forgot about
5 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 95 ml of water.water all seedlings with.
damping off is caused by Fungi present in your starting mix.I always pour boiling water over mine before planting and usually water with hot tap water as well.NOT COLD(cold water stresses a seedling)you can cook your soil in oven 180 degrees for 40 minutes.It's also not 100% sure for killing them,but will reduce the problem greatly.

The rest of stuff in rose file box is just calenders from tracking my spraying/blooming/watering/bug control methods.

I found a note on Belinda's dream.1st note was move to more than 3 hours of sun.2nd note is parentage.Tiffany X Jersey Beauty. named after breeders daughter Robert Basyse 1992.I've also marked that I grew it to 4-6 ft and prefer to keep to short& that a 2nd bush I grew reverted to reddish pink blooms in the 4th year when I moved with it(which I forgot& know it was one of the 12 I burned.I was having a mad gardner day)

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
what is the concoction for the dogs? and can i use it on cats? i read it will deter fleas and ticks, and i have some pitiful puppies fighting fleas this year, we just didn't get cold enough, long enough...

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I added a tablespoon to the heartz orange flea shampoo(I'm comffy...not going to look at size of bottle)But for fleas I've also used Adams along with the spray.The 2 combined work.But I just use it on my min pins(they sleep with me....sometimes in my pillowcase,,,on my head)

We've looked into trying DE(diacontamonous earth.my spelling sucks)
http://www.fleascontrol.com/diatomaceous-earth.htm

http://www.fleascontrol.com/flea-nematodes.htm

I've used the boric acid stuff on carpets.I didn't notice much,but between me...my MIL& BIL.....we have 9 dogs in the yard.
http://www.fleascontrol.com/boric-acid-for-fleas.htm

This lists the shampoos& mentions Adam's.I do use it every 10 days.By 10 days....my dog smells like a waterbed.she tries to hide behind the toilet every time,she wines like she's freezeing....while soaking& I tell her.I'm killing your fleas...lol My rotti would take half the bottle.Her hairs thick.she don't talk to her fleas with the neem added.

puppys have to be so old to use the flea stuff& they lick everything.I used antibacterial dawn dishsoap till Dutchess puppies we're 6 weeks old.then a store brand for 3 weeks.
My niece the vet assistant.she recomends the biospot for our area.cause we don;t get enough cold.They'll be more active next month.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
what is adams? i'm going to look at your links. i wonder if it would work for cats too?

5k Posts
5k Posts
Is neem oil something that is available at, say, walmart/lowe's, or is it more of a health-market thing or organic-gardening thing?

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
1k Posts
1k Posts
Dish detergent will kill a cat or kitten overnight.
Cats lick themselves and will ingest the soap and chemicals.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by LandOfOz
Is neem oil something that is available at, say, walmart/lowe's, or is it more of a health-market thing or organic-gardening thing?

Jody I've seen Neem oil By Greenlight at walmart,Home depot and Nurserys carry it. I'm not sure about Lowes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I've not seen it at Walmart.I get mine at Lowe's.I've not washed my cat...he does a pretty good job himself& really don't want to expierance removing 20 claws from my body& ending up with over 100 claw marks.Adams says it is safe for cats.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i've bathed my cats, but i always rinse them pretty well.

5k Posts
5k Posts
i have never herd of neem oil til now! gonna have to try it. thanks for the links ;]

[Linked Image]
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I just used it Sunday.I seen Japanese beetles coming from the soil in yard while mowing.got the ant condo's too.

Guess it works on blackheads.I dabbed what had dried on outside of bottle and dabbed to face.They are gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image