Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds awesome, Beth. I am glad she got over her illness from the other day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello Tina..are you under a dry spell again?

Take care of yourself Belinda kissie

Beth..eat some jelly beans for me grin it's great to have fun days with little ones.

I'm in just to put supper on then back out to shovel and rake....I am trying to figure out how in the world the frost does so much damage to our lawns. New dips and holes develop every year. And I honestly thing that rocks grow by themselves..how else do they get in the grass? lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The cold actually heaves the rocks to the surface, Sunny.
Yes it is pretty normal to be very dry most of the summer. Once in a while we will get a monsoonal deluge but those mostly happen around August. Next winter is looking like an El Nino year and those can be brutal wet. For those years, I need to prep better than a normal winter.
I am having a productive week but looking for Friday already.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone. Take care, Belinda, hope it's nothing. Beth, sounds fun! How old is your daughter? I wish that I had quit smoking long, long ago so that I could have had a better influence in teaching the kids to be more active. Sunflowers, I'm pretty sure you do more than I do, I'm just good at writing it so it sounds like more than it really is. Sorry about the frost damage. We're going to be watching The Voice finale tonight. DH and I were looking at my neglected garden and trying to come up with a plan. He thought of a great idea. We're going create a rectangle raised bed for me to do some veggie gardening and then we'll plastic and pea gravel decoratively over the the other areas. I'll transfer the plants I want to keep into pots. That way it's much more manageable for me and won't get out of hand or take too long to keep it up regularly. I'm so excited, he wants to get going on it this weekend. I'll definitely be taking before and after pics.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
[quote=chermoni] Beth, sounds fun! How old is your daughter? I wish that I had quit smoking long, long ago so that I could have had a better influence in teaching the kids to be more active. [/quote My daughter is 4 now. She takes after her dad as far as all that running. I know what you mean, though. I have been overweight a long time and am finally getting it under control. I wish I had been able to do so sooner, but we can always make improvements, right??

Thanks Tina. She is feeling great and full of energy as always. The tour was fun. We were both amazed by the robotic equipment they have there.

Sunny - The little one had a couple jelly beans for ya. I'm not a fan, but we did have a good time.It is awesome to get to spend so much time with her. I cherish every moment. Well maybe not the ones where she tells me I'm a mean mom, but hopefully someday she'll know how luck she is to have a mom like me. I'm actually pretty nice.

~Beth~

Last edited by cagardengirl; May 8th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning...rain for the next few days here, yuck.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning...2 doctor appointments again today.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Drive carefully and arrive safely, Cindy.
Good morning. A regular Wednesday for me. I want this week to end already though. But one day closer to a weekend it will have to be.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning---

Today I am going to go shopping....For ME !! I have not done so in so long--and I am looking forward to just being out by myself.

Eating breakfast & drinking my coffee just now.

Sorry about the rain forcast, Sunny
Tina: I will take one day closer to the weekend as well---don't over-do.

Cindy: be careful today

Beth: sounds like a good time was had by all. not to worry about kids--but from experience she will have to be like 21 to "see" what a good mom she has---but the time passes all too soon, so enjoy now--

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Good Morning all, I'm back once again! I went back and read over this coffee house....all are so busy and so much going on! I feel so foggy and "out of it" when I get back. Sis is doing ok, I was gone and extra day (or 2?). She ended up with an infection in her incision site, but they got it cleared up and she is ready to dance the jig...ok, not yet, but just one more surgery to go.

I'll be working hard to play catch-up, too many quilts and not enough time! We got rain also last weekend applaud The green house is doing great and I need to find the time to plant more of my seedling plants out there!!! Planted a few of the tomatoe plants in there already, seems kind of early, but it is just so warm!!! Had a few sugar snap peas last night during my walk-through of the green house, yum...but didn't share, there were only 2! Off to Denver tomorrow to pick up youngest, maybe Friday I'll find a little more time to play in the dirt flwr

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome home, Bobbi. If you can't find time to sit and relax for a while, our cure is duct taping people to their computer chairs.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Welcome home, Bobbi. If you can't find time to sit and relax for a while, our cure is duct taping people to their computer chairs.

yea what Tina said---Duct tape is a wonderful thing !!!!!

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Gee....I thought when people got older their lives slowed down. I was so wrong.
My life is just doctor appointments it seems, so that's not very exciting. Had my first physical therapy today...it was fun while it lasted and now the pain is really setting in...and then another appointment at the pain management clinic. The arthritis is being super-charged by the auto-immune disease. It's so weird that it's all happening so fast. My hands are even starting to curl up, and I look like some kind of gimp. I'm embarrassed to be seen in public.
Tomorrow another MRI, then 2 appointments in Lexington on Friday.

I want to go to Rachel's this week-end so bad. At the Cincinnati Museum of Art there has been an exhibit for the last 2 months... There are 12 Monet's, 2 Degas, a Warhol, TONS of Picasso, a Matisse...it will be gone this Sunday. I am going to try to work it out where I can go on up to Rachel's Friday straight from Lexington...go to the museum Saturday...then come home or possibly stay all night and come home on Sunday. It just kills me that Lola will be stuck in her cage the entire time that I am gone and I will worry myself sick over her...but a chance to see Rachel and Brennan is something I hate to pass up....now you see why I have so many headshrinkers.

touched

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm sure Lola will be fine...take care of you and get out for that visit kissie

I hope you get to take that trip, Cindy, sometimes it is nice to do something just for yourself...I think...I haven't tried that lately myself! But "THEY" say it is good for the soul bop I heard on the news last night the FDA has approved a new drug for RA. I know you have had so much trouble with the drugs, but??

I woke up way earlier than I needed to egad Oh well, it gave me time to sit at my computer without being duck-taped down grin

Have a great day all flwr

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
I could almost be duck-taped to my computer if the coffee pot was within reach!

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
I do not have RA, just osteo. And no known auto-immune stuff. But have had osteo creeping along my body for over 40 years. I have noticed the last few years that the 'creeping' has sped up. It must be age.
Some of the most wonderful people I have met in my life had the curled hands and things. I have enjoyed their company and admired their will to proceed. They have impressed me to give me courage for my own ills.
You continue to fight for the good qualities in your life, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Good morning.
I do not have RA, just osteo. And no known auto-immune stuff. But have had osteo creeping along my body for over 40 years. I have noticed the last few years that the 'creeping' has sped up. It must be age.
Some of the most wonderful people I have met in my life had the curled hands and things. I have enjoyed their company and admired their will to proceed. They have impressed me to give me courage for my own ills.
You continue to fight for the good qualities in your life, Cindy.

Cindy----keep the faith---we are here and hopefully the Drs can help you. Lola will be fine--I agreee you need the time away with Rachel & Brennan. A lot of Birds live their whole lives in cages, and Lola's home is large. Also she will appreciate when you do come home---
Cindy I too seem to spend a lot of time (& money) at various Drs. But that is the price of getting older I guess. You have to admit the alternative does stink...

Tina, I have Osteoporosis also---I have been on some kind of medication or other for years. Right now I am doing daily self injections of a drug called Forteo. I can only take it for 2 years maximum so I figure I can tolerate it that long. My last check-up showed that my spine is stronger--The Dr was pleased.

Originally Posted by Fabrictodyefor
]I could almost be duck-taped to my computer if the coffee pot was within reach!

Now that sounds like a plan, Bobbie---

another pretty, not too hot, day here in Illinois.

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Hot day here, and muggy after all the rain we've had.

I am going to the museum, but it's going to be a one-day trip. Have 2 friends going with me, Leslie and Felix. We will hit the interstate Saturday at 7:30am and be back at 8:30pm...going to be a lot of walking...I might take my walker to make it a little easier. I am so excited I can't stand it. To see Renoir, Monet, Matisse, and Picasso will overwhelm me...I am taking a bandana for when I make a fool out of myself crying. Art touches me so much.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
so glad that you are going, Cindy---I know it will be a fun day...

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Have a ball, Cindy! And drive safely there and back.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Have fun, Cindy!

I passed by you today, Nana, wizzing by on the interstate! I waved, but didn't see you wave back. neener Long trip down there and back but it is nice to have the yougest home even if it is for just a few days.

Busy day tomorrow, as it will be for the rest of the month yikes I need a stong energy pill

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Have a great trip Cindy. Bobbie..maybe next time you can stop in for a quick coffee with Nana.

Off to get an inspection and oil change on our truck....

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Ready to hit the road for 2 doctor appointments in Lexington today.
wavy

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Have fun at the Museum after the Drs. Cindy. I assume you will see Rachel & Brennan as well, ??

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
Well Bobbie .. I probably was running around at the book fair with boys... ever try to get 3 boys to make up their minds about what books they want to read? LOL! Next time let me know and stop by... I am almost always home...

Hubby decided to not drive down to Az next week so we are flying.. not my favorite thing to do but guess we are doing it as have paid for tkts and a car rental... will only be four days so one suitcase will do us.. and of course my laptop and a carryon with change of clothes and meds for us... we have lots of people to visit in that short time .. going to try and get to my cousins for a lunch at least... she has just finished her last round of chemo , second time around for her of this.. her breast cancer came back ... hopefully and praying this time is her last time to do this.

We finally heard from the credit union that our refinace is going thru... of course cause we will be gone... LOL! so will be doing that the week after we get back too... and meeting again with the financial planner to so where we stand to retire... hubby is so very ready to go...
Well off to finish house stuff... going to Carrie's to meet boys after school today... Timothy is being picked up for a sleep over with his friend who shares his birthday- they are celebrating Olivers tonit... Timba's will be the week after next.. to many other things going on this weekend with Mother's Day...

Well off to clean..
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are so very busy, Nana.
I think I need a nap. My son is home for the day. I took all of my ratty drapes down in my den. It is nearly wall-to-wall windows. I am going to put up something much simpler. I have not bothered to cover all of my windows. Between living far away from any place and my trees and shrubbery, I don't feel the need. I am getting some things in order around here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Have fun at the Museum after the Drs. Cindy. I assume you will see Rachel & Brennan as well, ??

I just got home from Lexington....tomorrow is the museum day. Have to get up at 5am and get Lola situated in her daytime cage and get out of here. It's going to be a long day...I'm already contemplating taking my wheelchair.... tears

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

I just got home from Lexington....tomorrow is the museum day. Have to get up at 5am and get Lola situated in her daytime cage and get out of here. It's going to be a long day...I'm already contemplating taking my wheelchair.... tears

well sorry I got the days confused--BUT I say take whatever "vehicle" you need to, to accomplish ensuring that you enjoy the day. That is the bottom line....

all the things I said about enjoying your day today...well do it tomorrow.

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well, I have not been able to rest today since I got home....but going to try to sleep now. I have my alarm set for 5:30am....Felix said he will call and make sure I am awake and ready...Leslie is never on time so we will leave without her if it comes to that.

Nighty night.......

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Well, I have not been able to rest today since I got home....but going to try to sleep now. I have my alarm set for 5:30am....Felix said he will call and make sure I am awake and ready...Leslie is never on time so we will leave without her if it comes to that.

Nighty night.......

here is an idea---Call Leslie when your alarm goes off & call her again when Felix calls you.....
...............---sweet dreams...Enjoy tomorrow for me & for all of us !!!

Nite nite....

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Have a great day Cindy.

Glad the refinancing went through Nana, have a good visit with your cousin.

Tina, new curtains are a nice treat. Sears outlet online has great deals.

Happy Saturday all, rain for here but that's spring. Last year at this time...it was snowing.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
...on my way to Cincinnati. party

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you have arrived safely, Cindy.
Good morning and happy Saturday. I have more stuff to do than has been done on my list. It grows on the bottom faster than in gets checked off at the top.
Thanks, Sunny. I will check out Sears outlet. I miss having a Sears outlet in town.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Good Morning all, The family is going to the Whole Earth Festival today. Can't wait! (Yes, go ahead and call me a hippie!) Have a wonderful day everyone! flwr

Now I must wake the sleeping 4 year old to see if I will get beauty or beast today :wink:

~Beth~

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. Beth, sounds like fun! I have plans to try to make it look better outside today but as soon as I woke up this morning it was very obvious that I had fallen asleep without taking any of my meds last night. Allergens are at medium/high level and I woke up feeling ill. Took my allergy pill and my inhaler and am feeling better now but I'm still going to wait a bit longer before heading out and doing yard work. I did get the laundry started early so hopefully I can get it all done today and just have fun and relax tomorrow.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Well, after years of neglect I finally did some real gardening today. Getting the area for my veggie garden prepped. No easy feat. It was full of grass and weeds that were at least two feet tall. Had to start by weed whacking the area and then get in with the shovel and garden claw. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow but it will be worth it. While the girls, my mom, and I are at the Color Run, DH is going to put in landscape timber and then tomorrow afternoon I can fill it with dirt and compost and I'm ready to plant. So excited, I've never done veggies before. I dug up my calla lily's and holy cow one of those tuber's was ginormous! Transplanted my hostas to pots, hope I didn't kill them. We're about to head out for my mother's day dinner. We all agreed it would be easier to do it today and tomorrow I can make what I had planned for today. Hope everyone has a great night!

Originally Posted by chermoni
So excited, I've never done veggies before.

Congratulations on the veggie garden. I know we had fun with ours last year and it's so worth it when you are eating the delicious rewards. I'm super excited because I got a later start than I wanted this year, but we've got radish leaves popping up afer only a few days! ~Beth~

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Congrats Cheryl on your veggie garden,, grin

I just put in the oven, a sausage, ham egg cheese hashbrown casserole,, can't wait! grin as soon as it comes out the honey butter biscuits go in,, thumbup
I'm looking forward to the day the boys will bring me breakfast in bed for Mother's day shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image