angelblossom #359264 Aug 5th, 2012 at 01:48 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
I'm just trying to teach them good habits while in the kitchen,

My mom tried to teach me good habits like that...had to mop the floor (WHY????) every night after supper.
It didn't stick with me....obviously.... lol blush
At least Rachel got the "Clean Gene".....it passed through me and went to her.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #359266 Aug 5th, 2012 at 02:19 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
They say it skips a generation lol
OMG Jimmy just came over with 8 -- 2.5 lbs bags of Starbuck coffee beans and a Grinder!!!!! Gotta Love him :ding: breakfast I had to put 6 bags in the deep freezer,, I hope they "keep" good there,, It will take me a year to go thru that much! shock grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
afgreyparrot #359268 Aug 5th, 2012 at 03:31 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
Today will be the second day of 95° kilroy
I know that most of you are used to those temperatures, but it has been in the mid 70s up until the day before yesterday...

afgreyparrot #359269 Aug 5th, 2012 at 03:48 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
we have a cold front coming in,, supposed to be only in the 90's lol ..
Stay in side since you're not used to those higher temps Bill thumbup ,, Hope it doesn't last as long for you as it does here, zoink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #359270 Aug 5th, 2012 at 05:14 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
oh man I've got a bowl of sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and sweet onion soaking in vinegar,olive oil, salt and garlic/pepper in fridge ,, I can't stay out of them it's soo good on this hot day,, "Stay away from the fridge Diane, the kids want some too " notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bill #359271 Aug 5th, 2012 at 05:15 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
I know that most of you are used to those temperatures, but it has been in the mid 70s up until the day before yesterday...

Used to them? I remember when you thought it was "hot" at Cedar Hill and I was out weeding in the gardens like it was nothing...because to what I was used to HERE it was just a warm day there! lol
kissie
I would trade this heat for Washington weather any day, now that I'm old... old
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by angelblossom
They say it skips a generation lol
OMG Jimmy just came over with 8 -- 2.5 lbs bags of Starbuck coffee beans and a Grinder!!!!! Gotta Love him :ding: breakfast I had to put 6 bags in the deep freezer,, I hope they "keep" good there,, It will take me a year to go thru that much! shock grin

Would take me about a month to go through that...as well as all my other addictions I love my coffee addiction most... breakfast

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #359274 Aug 5th, 2012 at 07:09 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I love my coffee too, but not Starbucks too much. A friend of my daughter's works at SB and he gets free coffee about once a week. I have a mess of it in my cabinets and it all says do not refrigerate.
I am done for the day except what needs to be done to get Teddy ready for school tomorrow. Lunch is over and dinner is in the fridge ready for later. Laundry is complete and dishes are done. I am thinking nap

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Bill #359275 Aug 5th, 2012 at 09:42 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

We are having a cold snap--it is only 90*F today and breezy. some day this next week it is supposed to be 87*F. I guess we are gonna have to get our sweaters out, HUH???

WE had a small storm last night--& got 3/10 inch of rain out of it---maybe this small amount will help the beans around here--sadly, the corn is a lost cause.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #359276 Aug 5th, 2012 at 11:22 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
A friend of my daughter's works at SB and he gets free coffee about once a week. I have a mess of it in my cabinets and it all says do not refrigerate.

shock uh oh running to freezer now to read the bag ...... hmmmmm doesn't say it on the bag,, I'll call sb's tomorrow and see about putting the c beans in the freezer zoink but for now I have them out lol

Last edited by angelblossom; Aug 5th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
JunieGirl #359277 Aug 5th, 2012 at 12:03 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl

We are having a cold snap--it is only 90*F today and breezy. some day this next week it is supposed to be 87*F. I guess we are gonna have to get our sweaters out, HUH???

WE had a small storm last night--& got 3/10 inch of rain out of it---maybe this small amount will help the beans around here--sadly, the corn is a lost cause.

I have been hearing about the corn all over the news. And now wild fires in Ok are not so good either. We will all be paying more for food of all kinds for the next couple of years for this drought. If you have a freezer, it is best to stuff it now if you are able.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359279 Aug 5th, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina: yes you are right---I am putting my fresh tomaotes & zucchini in the fereezer and then I am doing things like I bought several bags of frozen veggies on sale to put back. I think canned goods will be next. I already have a few bags of flour in the freezer as well. The price of things rising scares me. I am having a hard time of it as it is now.. egad

Cindy: About the surgery--yep I am scared also. I have already passed 4 of the 10 years by---and I was 56 when I began this---I cannot see a 66 yr old woman healing from this type of surgery. I barely did so at 56... I cannot do much housework either. I dont do much more than is absolutely necessary. All my stuff gets cleaned just never at the same time...

and then there is the scare of a car accident--I do not hink there is a snowballs chance in _ell of me surviving one of these---between my mesh and my brittle bones,.......
BTW---
I just checked my Op report on my incisional hernia repair.

MY mesh on my total repair is/was 26cm by 34cm. that looks pretty big to me. Everything fits in nice & is ok on the right side but the left is a mess..
They had to remove all kinds of adhesions when they did this one to me and also remove the mesh & adhesions from a previous hernia surgery. (they were just a few months before--I can only imagine how bad the adhesions are by now)....

I am thinking the future is not loooking so good....

74*F outdoors now.. clap

Last edited by JunieGirl; Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Apparently I cant type

________

afgreyparrot #359280 Aug 5th, 2012 at 02:18 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
74* is nice. We will get there before the night is over. It is 78* right now. I can sleep in those temps.
I think we are ready for the first full week of school. The year began last Wednesday. And I am tired so I will say good night to all. Sweet dreams.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #359281 Aug 5th, 2012 at 07:11 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, it is 73* at 2 am. a walk through for me. I am on my way back to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #359282 Aug 5th, 2012 at 08:33 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just in to say hi..I need to catch up later...it has been an extremely busy few days. Reached over 100*F here yesterday..hottest day on record for the year.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
afgreyparrot #359283 Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
My mom tried to teach me good habits like that...had to mop the floor (WHY????) every night after supper.
It didn't stick with me....obviously.... lol blush

yea, me either. My mom is a cleaning fool--as is my sister and my brother. Me on the other hand, not so much--I took after my Father and his Mother---Now, you will not get any dread disease here from my lack of cleaning, but you will find disorder in places and you will find dust.
Back in the day, I do/did have OCD in areas but over the years I have gotten past it, as I get frustrated with having to re-do every job that a housewife does.
But, OK, having said that..On today's agenda is mopping the kitchen (it has all kinds of dirt on it) and washing bed clothes.

Cheryl, I neglected to send my condolances on the death of your Grandmother. I am doing so now--I hope everyone is doing better with each passing day.

Sunny, wow 100, huh?? that is unheard of for you, isn't it?? I am so sorry--I do so hope that your weather goes back to normal sooner rather than later...

79 here right now---Only a high of 89*F is expected today--We shall see.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

________

afgreyparrot #359284 Aug 6th, 2012 at 01:02 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sending condolences to you and your family Cheryl kissie

I hate high heat like that because we do not get it often and when it hits extremely high we usually get damaging storms right after.

We had the baby's b-day party here yesterday..so I have lots to clean today.

I heard about the drought, we were told to prepare for scary high prices on produce..ya because paying $8 for a small bag of oranges isn't scary already lol

PS: I mop my floors here almost every day also grin

afgreyparrot #359286 Aug 6th, 2012 at 03:28 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am home. I have 10 pounds of trimmed pork steaming in my large stew pot. I couldn't resist 99 cents a pound. A also got chicken thighs at .89 a pound. Beef, pork and chicken prices are also going to rise due to this drought. People are getting rid of cattle and fowl now, that they may not be able to feed this winter.
I will have a bunch of pork, chicken and beef prepped in my freezer for quick meals for a while. I have a lot of ground beef and some fish in there already. Plus sausages of different types and fun stuff like corn dogs. I have a lot of vegetables and some frozen fruit as well.
I also purchased fresh fruit and veggies today. I have a mess of eggs that need using soon so I may make a bunch of French toast tonight. Or tomorrow. I'm probably going to be cutting up pork and bagging it tonight. We will see.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #359287 Aug 6th, 2012 at 04:41 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
OMG..meat for under $1 a pound? that is amazing. I'd stock up at those prices..... here meat starts at $4 a pound.

House is finally cleaned, how cake icing can get into the tv speakers just amazes me lol that's what you get for having a few toddlers together.

So strange Tina..they are losing hay there due to no rain, we are losing it here from too much rain. Either way messes up the prices of everything.

Sunflowers #359289 Aug 6th, 2012 at 06:42 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The farmers around here mostly lost their corn--although I have heard that the early corn faired well & that crop is ok--so we can hope that some farmers did well. I was asking Rod if we had enough rain here last weekend to help the beans (it is looking good & healthy but may not be makng pods??) he said he had no idea as he does not know as much about beans as he does about corn.
wow at $1.00 a pound.. I would be buying a lot as well. thumbup As it is now I buy my meat on sale--some of the markets here have 5 pks for $19.99 sales here often---then they have there original price on the pkgs as well, so you know if it is a good deal of not--I can usually save $5-$7 dollars on the 5 pkgs...But hey, $1.00 a pound beats that all over the place...

Sunny, I hope the last part of your hay is useable.

________

afgreyparrot #359291 Aug 6th, 2012 at 06:55 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I was amazed too, Sunny. I didn't buy more than I could handle in my freezers, which are pretty full to begin with. Even hamburger here is over $3lb most of the time. I will tuck the good priced items away wherever I can. The pork picnic cut I bought was 13 pounds ( a little over 6k to you) of untrimmed. So I took off a couple pounds or more of the fat. I am steaming the rest off the bone and my dog will love having that bone for a day or two.
Our California deserts grow much of the alfalfa used around the western part of the nation and a lot of sudangrass wanted around the world for forage. California is heavy dairy too and we have to feed our cows. As well as all those chickens and beef cattle. It is going to hurt everyone all over.
If I could send people oranges just falling off of front yard trees here, I would.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359295 Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Just checking in...long day in Lexington. Brought my reading glasses but forgot my book.... rolz

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #359296 Aug 6th, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hope today went well, Cindy.
Sorry you forgot your book--Glad that you checked in... kissie
I just finished freezing a few more pints of tomatoes..I guess every little bit helps...

________

afgreyparrot #359299 Aug 6th, 2012 at 01:47 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you checked in too, Cindy. Take care.
I bagged up eight 1-quart bags of shredded pork. They are between half and 2/3 full each so several meals for a couple of people or tossed into a stir fry a couple more people. Half of my family does not eat pork. So those will be nights I feed Ted something else and Jonni is not at home.
I am tired though. I do not like to cook on the hotter days of summer and it was a hotter one. Over 100. I will be going to bed as soon as I can convince Ted he needs to go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #359301 Aug 6th, 2012 at 09:22 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
mmm shredded pork, yummy.

Carol, the last of my hay is still fine as long as it does not get rain when it is cut, alot of farmers cut and got rained on and lost it. I have no plan to cut when there is a chance of rain.

Calling for a dry day...and I have a full day of outdoor chores and grass to cut thumbup

afgreyparrot #359303 Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:57 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy Tuesday. I am about ready to drive my son to school. I really just wanted to sleep the rest of this hot week away. But that isn't happening.
I am glad you get a dry day to mow, Sunny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359305 Aug 7th, 2012 at 03:32 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have had a crew here working in the yard. A kind neighbor and 2 of his friends showed up this morning with weed-eaters, etc... I have been so blessed today.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #359306 Aug 7th, 2012 at 03:54 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
Awesome! thumbup

afgreyparrot #359307 Aug 7th, 2012 at 04:22 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is wonderful, Cindy!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359308 Aug 7th, 2012 at 07:45 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
It sure is quiet here, today... kilroy

Bill #359309 Aug 7th, 2012 at 08:03 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
wavy Hi Mr Bill

What perennials are in bloom at your house today?

Hows the dog an cat doing?

Show us some photos .

dodge was here

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
afgreyparrot #359310 Aug 7th, 2012 at 08:10 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I just woke from a nap. It is too hot to get overly enthusiastic about much. I did stop at Home depot this morning and purchased 3 good sized tropical hibiscus shrubs. Trying to replace some lovely plants I have lost. It is much too hot to plant them though. So they are cooling in their pots under my micro sprinklers.
I may or may not use up a dozen plus eggs and make French toast this evening. I spent part of my morning putting peanut butter into small disposable containers and bagging those up with miniature graham crackers. My kid will get those in his lunches along with his fruit and yogurt and nutrition drink. I like to have everything ready to toss into his lunch sack in the mornings without having to put a lot of thought or effort into it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359311 Aug 7th, 2012 at 08:15 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Tina

What color did you buy of Hibiscus? I have white pink an red in bloom right nw.
Some one gave me the seeds long ago.
Good luck, mine live roughing it .

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #359316 Aug 7th, 2012 at 09:26 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, have you ever posted a picture of your hillside?

afgreyparrot #359321 Aug 7th, 2012 at 09:47 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have posted pics but it has been a few years. And my hillside is not so beautiful right now. It rarely is in summer here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359323 Aug 7th, 2012 at 09:52 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
maybe cuz it's 1000 degrees Tina. notme

Bill #359329 Aug 7th, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
It sure is quiet here, today... kilroy

I've been a zombie again....too much death.
Had a friend die suddenly this week-end (Leslie's boyfriend's brother) and I'm about done in.....I didn't go to the funeral home tonight because I don't think I can handle it right now.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #359330 Aug 7th, 2012 at 01:21 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359332 Aug 7th, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I am sorry...I should never have mentioned that.

I used to be an 'open book' on here, but have tried so hard to keep my personal life to myself since I got sick, and not air all my stupid stuff here on the forum....but since I have no one else to talk to it's kinda hard keeping some of my life to myself.

I had a very vivid dream the other day about suicide...and it was a very relaxing and peaceful dream. Of course, Rachel totally freaked when I told her about it...she thought I was going to do something stupid....I tried my best to assure her that I would never do that to her and Brennen, or my mom and dad. I'm not really sure that in the dream it was suicide, maybe I just knew I was going to die....but in the dream I had Spartacus and Lola put to sleep so they could be buried with me, and I don't know how I died but the next part of the dream was me looking at myself in a casket at the funeral home, with Lola tucked under my chin with my hand on her, and Sparta laying next to me with my arm over him...and I was so happy and at peace.

I have had this dream playing over and over in my head since then, and going to the funeral home tonight was not really a good option for me. I will try to explain this to Leslie and hope that she understands.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #359336 Aug 7th, 2012 at 10:14 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. There is nothing wrong with being ready to die when it is your time, Cindy. Death is inevitable. But it is our nature to fight it as long as possible. And you are doing that too. That is actually a kind of nice dream.
I went to bed before 10 last night. I woke at half past 11 to an earthquake which reminded me to set my alarm. I woke before the alarm anyway. It was too warm to sleep without turning on a cooler. Even with fans blowing. The humidity goes up in the night. But it is coming down during the hot days so I can survive.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #359337 Aug 7th, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Cindy, Suicide is not a Option.......Cowards do that.

Carrying your crosses is part of gods work.. We all have many crosses to bear.
You do entertain the forum so much here....We are glad to listen to any talk you may have.
It isnt boring, your helping others cope who may be worse off than you.

Keep going....I say the dream was just an outcome of feeliy guilty for not going to the wake.
I dont go to many at all.. Not my bag. But I do try to do something nice for the widows who are left behind......THats no fun at all.. Widow .. But has its advantages.

So rest assure you can speak your mind on here an we can listen. It is what a shrink does, RIght?

dodge ........I love your silliness kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image