Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
[quote]
You need to appeal! I don't understand how they think they can do that to you... tears

yep, that is what they do down there--(Turn people down the first several times, in the hopes that you will just go quietly away)--I dont think I have ever heard of anyone who got anything there the first time they talked to them---I know people who went back like 5 times for things like disability ins.----keep at them--Bill is so right !!!!

I am off to bed now--nite nite---
PS I finished my 5th animal tonight---I have only 1 left to do clap

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
How can they take away your insurance? Fight it Cindy kissie I feel so sad about the misery that you all have to go through when sick. Where is this 'health care reform' that they talk about at election time?

We had a bad rain storm yesterday...my yard was flooded for a bit.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
I feel so sad about the misery that you all have to go through when sick. Where is this 'health care reform' that they talk about at election time?

Well, the way I understand it (& I hope I do not)
Birth control is now mandatory to be covered by insurance--- BUT no one said what they can make you pay as your part---Then for the rest of it?? lawmakers DO NOT participate in but make the rules, and as far as I can understand they are just going to "make" people buy insurance, not proivide coverage like you have---Don't they realize if people could afford healthcare they would buy it?? I guess we can always stop eating or sell our houses & live on teh street. and oh also as I undertand it--the lawmakers DO NOT pay for their healthcare either---what they have when in office they have after they leave---just like how they are getting their salaries for life no matter if they are still in office or not--Oh well, we elected them...

off to ceramics now--- wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Quite the system...it;s like my daughters coverage, they'll only cover the birth control that she got pregnant on so she has to pay for it(the other kind) herself.

In for a few while I grab lunch..just spend an hour rolling change rspb note to self, wrap more often.

Beets are cooking on the stove..preserving this afternoon thumbup

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I made the mistake of selling my '92 (20 year old!) pick up truck...because I never use it since I drive my dad's Tahoe.
So....bye bye health coverage. tears
I called Social Security this morning and within 30 seconds was crying so hard the guy couldn't even understand me....he said I would get a letter then I could file an appeal if I wanted to, but the facts were the facts and so I am pretty much screwed. Whatever. I don't even care anymore...just hope the frigging death of exploding from too much blood in my body is instantaneously and doesn't hurt really bad.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
10k Posts
10k Posts
tears

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Cindy, once you get down to below their idea of a 'nest egg', you should be able to get back onto the disabled list. And they already have most of your info. So it is not quite like beginning all over. I just wish they made it easier. But so many people take gross advantage too.
Busy, busy, hot days. Appointments galore for me lately.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Cindy, would showing them receipts for where the money was spent work?...someone you know must have a receipt for a 'big ticket item'.

kissie show them proof of an empty bank account statement.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
show them proof of an empty bank account statement.

Showing proof of an empty bank account statement is no problem....I never have money in my account. Tried to deposit a check last month for a measly $40 that someone had paid me for a painted saw blade...they wouldn't deposit or cash it.
The Social Security gets info from other government offices and when I sold the truck it showed up on my Social Security. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. tears

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so sorry, Cindy. I am fussing with SS right now for Ted's benefits too. Having to jump through hoops. And then more hoops to continue to be his conservator. It is not easy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Cindy, once you get down to below their idea of a 'nest egg', you should be able to get back onto the disabled list. And they already have most of your info. So it is not quite like beginning all over. I just wish they made it easier. But so many people take gross advantage too.

Yea---surely what Sunny & Tina said is so???

________

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
show them proof of an empty bank account statement.

Showing proof of an empty bank account statement is no problem....I never have money in my account. Tried to deposit a check last month for a measly $40 that someone had paid me for a painted saw blade...they wouldn't deposit or cash it.
The Social Security gets info from other government offices and when I sold the truck it showed up on my Social Security. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. tears

This is a crazy country if you cant even try to help yourself any.

hey Cindy---call & ask them how you DO get re-instated in your insurance--if yoiu can get pulled off of your ins--surely you can get back on--ask them waht hoops you have to jump thru---then see if it can be done---
So sorry Cindy... kissie

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
-ask them waht hoops you have to jump thru---then see if it can be done---

It took me and Rachel 8 months of 'jumping through hoops' to get the Medicaid...and $698 a month to live on. I damn sure wouldn't have sold my truck for practically nothing if I thought for a second it would do this to me. I will jump through any hoops I have to jump through...I will appeal it...I will do whatever I have to do. My life depends on it and I am not going to just lay down and die because the government wants to get rid of sick people like me who cost them a lot of money. I paid taxes all my life just like I was supposed to. I will go down FIGHTING this.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
-ask them waht hoops you have to jump thru---then see if it can be done---

It took me and Rachel 8 months of 'jumping through hoops' to get the Medicaid...and $698 a month to live on. I damn sure wouldn't have sold my truck for practically nothing if I thought for a second it would do this to me. I will jump through any hoops I have to jump through...I will appeal it...I will do whatever I have to do. My life depends on it and I am not going to just lay down and die because the government wants to get rid of sick people like me who cost them a lot of money. I paid taxes all my life just like I was supposed to. I will go down FIGHTING this.

YAY !! That's the spirit, I am proud of you---give it to them---
I dont suppose that you could "buy back" your Truck??? But then I bet they would not like that either.

Like I said if the turn down the appeal go back---It is like some insurance companies--"They" are told to deny people "X" amount of times in the hopes that they will just stop--but they eventually change their stance---the same with disability--I know a person who was turned down 5 times and then finally got the disability insurance & such--DO NOT give up.

and like I said--find out how to "fix" what they are calling wrong---out & out ask them what you could do to "fix" the problem you are in--But then still do not give up trying...

Nite nite everyone....

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I agree with Carol, you just have to keep going back and appeal it,, bring in Dr's statement stating you qualify make sure the Dr states you are physically unable to work bring in more than one Dr's statement if you can. I hear on the news they are eliminating all Govt health insurancefor single adults UNLESS you are very ill and have Dr's statements( notarized) that require you to have insurance to receive treatments to improve your health. Gov't is a mess,and their prodigal is all messed up. it took 6 months to get help with the boys when I first got them I finally had to have a judge court order them to help me. I don't receive any help now because I've got my finances straight but you just have to keep fighting as frustrating as it is.
It is finally raining here,, I have to enroll Tre for school today and planned on sleeping in But I woke before the alarm went off and heard it raining, so I had to get up and see what it looked like,, it's still raining, YEAH we need it so badly here,, I'm doing the happy rain dance this morning party

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Dance away Diane..I plan to send you more. I sure have had my share.

kissie Cindy..my mom is fighting for her pension at the moment. The $435 she receives monthly from SS is ridiculous. It's sad to see how people can work all their lives then spend their latter years in poverty and sickness with no help. Praying it's a quick fix for you.

Raining here..were you expecting any different? lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I'll still take some rain.
Good morning. I have appointments today. I scheduled them to coincide with dropping Ted at school and then picking him up again. I do want to shop, if I have time, for more fresh fruit.
My day in a nutshell.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
In for a few...lunch time.

I need to take my mother errand shopping in a bit...please grant me patience lol

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
at home for a bit waiting on my landlord to return to her place of business so I can get a new copy of my lease,,
Enrolling kids in school is terrible this year,, we had to get a notarized sports physical WHAT? < didn't have to do that last year,, Parents turned away for not having lease agreements up to date( me included) I resigned for another year via mail BUT the Landlord didn't send me the extended lease agreement,UGH Now have to go get it from the landlord and get BACK IN LINE at the high school - and the school would NOT accept just a utility bill they were turning parents away for having just that as well, I offered them my blood but they even turned that down, neener

regardless of the complaining,,, I still enjoy being their "mom' grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

I need to take my mother errand shopping in a bit...please grant me patience lol

I am with you my friend--- kissie

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Long day, up at 4 am. I got bunches done out in the world then crashed for a nap for a couple hours. I have not figured out dinner yet. We may just have sandwiches.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have lots of cleaing to do but I think I will not be doing more than necearry stuff until after teh blanket is done--I was looking today at teh new ones & I am torn--do I ask valk to pick one out or do I just do so myself???

what to do...what to do.....
hey has anyone heard fro nervousm Cindy--I am worried about her....

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts

hey has anyone heard fro nervousm Cindy--I am worried about her....

Checking in...sorry to make you worry, but thank you!

I will be going to Lexington tomorrow (not til the afternoon...my appointment is at 4pm) but I have a feeling they will be admitting me, so I will take my laptop with me (and some comfy pajama bottoms).

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you checked in, Cindy. But sorry that you are not well. I hope they can fix you up as an out patient.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am glad you checked in, Cindy. But sorry that you are not well. I hope they can fix you up as an out patient.

Sorry you think you will be admitted but glad you are forewarning us--and glad you are taking your computer---if you are able please let us know how you are doing

and Cindy, I worry about you a lot I just don't always say so---

sweet dreams everyone

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
kissie Cindy..good luck on your appointment.

Diane, I have never heard of such a thing for enrolling children...is it because of alot of schools in the area? Here we have one..so at the age of 4 you get a notification to fill out a form then of to school they go. No enrolling necessary after that for each following year.

Glad you got to rest Tina.

I vote for picking out the blanket yourself Carol grin Makes it even more special. shewinks

Still raining here...please send some sun.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sunny, it is often because of multiple schools and some seem to be better than others. My city has 5 comprehensive high schools and a couple of religious based private schools. Plus a couple for at risk students, and Teddy's for special needs. Most have at least a thousand students. People will use others' addresses to get their students into a school other than their home school with more opportunities. Our city has done away with that mostly by saying you can go to any high school that fits you as long as you provide your own transportation if it is not your home school. If you attend your home school, you can ride the buses as long as you live beyond 2 miles.
I am just not sure how people who own their homes cope with this system. I'd probably have to bring in my land tax forms.
I am off to get my kid to his school, which has less than a thousand students.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Here we need to be in a certain school district to go to a school--when our oldest was looking at high school my DH didnt want her to go to the high schol we had accesss to---so I called teh HS in the ajoining town--it was over $4,000 a year (in 1998) for jher to go---so I looked into haveing my cousin who owed teh l and next to us petition out of his disterict into the one I wanted---it was only $1500.00 one time--but my DH once again idndt want to put his cousin thru that, so we sent both girls to a Lutheran high school--4 years cost us 12,000.00 for the oldest and $16,000.00 for the youngest.
That is w/o the registration fees and all the rest--not to mention there was NO bus service and we lived 20 miles away (one way). Needless to say both girls had a car when they turned 16--I was living on the road as it was so we looked at the cars as a necessity..

going to try to go to rehab once again...

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow..there are no private schools here. Just one local one from kindergarten to grade 8, then the one in town from grade 9 to grade 12. The special needs children are integrated into a regular class room with each having their own 'special needs aide' by their side.. Mind you we have only a few hundred kids between the two schools.

Fees here for school are $30 a year lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Most of our special ed kids are integrated into regular schools. If Ted would speak he would have been in a special class within his regular home HS. But without any speech, I didn't feel that he was a good fit. There are some very health delicate students in Ted's school. Ones that have already lived past their doctor-given deadlines. They have two full time registered nurses there. Indoor heated pool and spa and specialized everything from PE to speech to whatever is needed. He has it good without regular kids picking on him. Ted is one of the higher functioning within his school. He can attend until he is 22.
I am paid mileage to drive him to and from school. But I could switch back to a bus if I wanted. I don't want to add those 3 hours to his day though. It takes me half an hour there and half an hour home; the bus an hour and a half because of other stops. I stop for whatever groceries or other shopping needs on my way. It works well for us. I will start having him stay until 6 pm a couple days a week as soon as it cools off a little. They have a state run club-type place next door that takes the students in small groups to local fast food and such. It would do him good to be in public without me. That is, unless the state closes up everything. I'm not sure they can though. They keep trying.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Just dropping in to say that we are forcasted to have severe storms tonight---High winds and golf ball sized hail for starters. That I could do w/o but the rain it will bring will be welcomed.

anyway I will likley turn off my computer soon, so I just wanted to drop in & let ya'all know---

I hope we hear from Cindy tonight---

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Keep safe, Carol. And I will hope for plain rain for you w/o the hail and winds.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
The doctor wanted to admit me as soon as she examined me. I told her to do every test they could because my insurance was going to be cut off.
BAMMM! Immediately a whole different attitude....long story short they didn't admit me and I don't get any of the tests I needed...because they thought the Medicaid might get cut off while I was in the hospital.

She did set me up for an outpatient appointment to have an MRI on my pancreas...but said she didn't know how long that would take and if I didn't still have insurance then they wouldn't do it. I see this doctor (gastroenterologist) at least every 3 months...when I left the receptionist said "She has down here 'schedule no follow up appointments." I had forgotten how cold they are to you when you don;t have insurance. tears

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OMG Cindy--I am so very sorry---see you should not have given them a heads up=---so sorry you thought to be honest..

This is a terrible world if one can't get the medical care they need----I think I would sit myself in the SS office every day appealing until they change their minds. That and I would go on a shopping spree with the money from the truck---go buy Rachel & Brennan Christmas now instead of later---& have Rachel store them at her house.
A Family member of a family member (got that) had to go out & spend down to get her DH into a care facility--& so she did--the money is/was gone in no time (some in her house in a lock box grin thumbup) & then she reapplied & was accepted--just like the other $$$ was never there.

I would try every angle if I were in your shoes--I am so sorry they are doing this to you--ALSO when you get this all straightened out--(& I have faith that you will)--I think I would consider finding a new gastroenterologist.
That is heartless--she could have at very least treated you until the ins. ran out--- tapfoot egad

kissie to you my dear...

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Cindy. Keep up the good fight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
-I think I would consider finding a new gastroenterologist.
That is heartless--she could have at very least treated you until the ins. ran out--

Exactly what Rachel said when I told her. I looked at her as one of my favorite doctors...I changed my mind today about that.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts

I'm trying...it is depressing and very scary for me, to not be able to go to the doctor. I guess I won't get my blood taken next week (phlebotomy) and it will start building up. It is really freaking me out about what is going to happen now that I am not welcome at any doctor's offices anymore.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I know it is, Cindy. I am sure they do not want to cut you off to your death. You need to do what you can towards reinstatement. And then report all of that stuff that you need to report in the future.
Winning that powerball lottery tonight sounds good. Our state does not do powerball though. I wish I could help.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

I'm trying...it is depressing and very scary for me, to not be able to go to the doctor. I guess I won't get my blood taken next week (phlebotomy) and it will start building up. It is really freaking me out about what is going to happen now that I am not welcome at any doctor's offices anymore.

I just don't understand it---if you were an illigal alien (no jokes intended) you would have all kinds of benefits----this country is going to _ell in a handbasket.

when is your insurance stopping--is there time for you to go get a blood letting before then---dont benefits usually go til the end of the month???? why

got to go to sleep now--I have to take MIL to the Drs in the AM--& a few other errands....
nite--nite

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am so upset reading this...how doctors can refuse the sick is just heartless. Don't give up or give in Cindy kissie

I vote also on finding another doctor as soon as possible..and don't mention a word about the insurance issue this time. thumbup

My husband has pancreas issues also from the hemachromatosis..they say it will eventually make him diabetic.

Still raining here.....waiting for my down feathers to start growing. lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,878
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image