Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Morning everyone,

Its windy and warm here, supposed to drop way down later today and back into "normal" winter conditions here.

I have a few errands for Brad, but they are mostly in town and around town...infact i dont think i have to go down to Toronto at all this week, havent missed a week in about 3 years, feel wierd.

Have some laundry on, and need to vacuum the floors later......so enjoy your day everyone.

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I bet it does feel weird, Penny. When you are used to something then it changes on you.
I feel weird in general with this flu bug. I had hoped to have shaken it by now. Hopefully soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
That flu bug is hanging on everyone, hard to get pass it this year. I feel better today, just going to take it easy til I go back to work on Monday,
I'm looking into joining a gym,, Gotta take better care of me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
How far is toronto from you Penny?
My bigger shoppin area is 12 miles.
Close small ones aroun 4......I am center in between 5 small ones.

56ยบ her an is to drop 2maro. No snow now

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning..... Brrrr it is 14* right now... we have snow on the ground but supposed to get to 49* today... but windy so will feel even colder... but by Sun 60* weird!

My grandson passed his driving license test yesterday... in the snow and ice which since we hadn't had any he hadn't driven in yet... and if you slide once it's an automatic fail... now we need to get a car for him to buy... Carrie let him drive to store and get something for her yesterday already... think she will like having another driver in the family...LOL!

I have the baby today for the last time.. starts daycare next week... sad but kind of nice to have my freedome back too.. easier to get places without a 2 yr old to take and all that entails... will have her if she is sick or something but hopefully that won't happen to often...

Joe and I are going to a meeting tomorrow with financial advisor about new tax stuff this yr and how it will affect us as far as working and maybe retireing soon... would be really nice to be really soon... still no contract for us ... getting really old.

Well off to get my breakfast and take meds then shower and get ready for kids... half school day and will have and extra one today too... 5 kids today! Sometimes I think I am crazy...LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dodge
How far is toronto from you Penny?
My bigger shoppin area is 12 miles.

Depending on traffic, and where I'm going, down and back its aboyt 3 hours, also depends on the weather too.

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
oly smokes.I'd move

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
That flu bug is hanging on everyone, hard to get pass it this year. I feel better today, just going to take it easy til I go back to work on Monday,
I'm looking into joining a gym, Gotta take better care of me.

Diane----would your insurance cover cardiac rehab, all that you would need is a RX from your Dr. Here the insurance covers the first 36 visits & you wear a monitor so you dont over do. Then you can continue going in what they call maintance for $5.00 a visit. it was the cheapest gym I could find.---I had to stop because I have too may days that I have to go help my MIL but I intend to go back when I have the time---for now it is a stationary bike I have here at home.

Good luck and yes, take care of YOU !!!

I have a funeral in the family. My DH's Aunt passed away. he is Pallbearer. The wake is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. I will have a lot to do to get our clothes ready. I wanted to call & offer to help with food, and Rod said not to bother. It is his family, so I do so hope he i s right--I would have made a dish for my family--it's what we do--- why

Everyone have a good day...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Nana, what is the matter that your grandson needs an endoscopy? And I can't believe one is old enough to drive. Where has the time gone?

Dianna, I have been sick with this mess since 12/10. It just won't go away. Be careful that you don't relapse.

We are having high wind and storm warnings today and tonight too. The wind is already whipping around out there.

I tried Google Chrome and it screwed up my system until I uninstalled it which was difficult. Once it's there it doesn't want to go away.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
BEST OF FOUR

i AGREE
Google messed mine also.
Nephew is computer geek he quit google an went back to i explorer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
morning all wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
time is flying on me...time for my dip in the pool later people

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I'm looking into joining a gym, Gotta take better care of me.

Diane----would your insurance cover cardiac rehab, all that you would need is a RX from your Dr. Here the insurance covers the first 36 visits & you wear a monitor so you dont over do. Then you can continue going in what they call maintance for $5.00 a visit. it was the cheapest gym I could find.---I had to stop because I have too may days that I have to go help my MIL but I intend to go back when I have the time---for now it is a stationary bike I have here at home.

Good luck and yes, take care of YOU !!!

I don't have health insurance,, I haven't for over 3 years,, I'm on my own with all this,, boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi again,
boys will be arriving any minute... a couple of them anyway... it is so cold out there...! windchill really has the temps down... BRRRR! took Carrie my car as Joseph took hers to school... first time he drove there on his own... and yes hard to believe he is old enough to drive but he is almost 19.. got 3 more over 21 now too ... and yesterday my son told me his oldest dd is 8 weeks preggers.. I am going to be a great grandmother... and my son a grandfather.... don't know how I feel about that at all!

Sheri, Nicoli has to have an endoscopy cause they can't figure out why his acid reflux isn't being helped by the zantac and diet changes.. since he was premmie it may be his digestive system isn't fully formed and they need to look and see... so they will do that soon I hope- he can't sleep at night , is missing school.. feels sick most of the time... is starving cause if he eats it hurts , if he doesn't eat it hurts more... feel so bad for him... hopefully they will find a reason and be able to fix it for him..

Well I have to get ready for the invasion..... see you all later!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Holy my computer acts up for a few days and I come back to everything awry. Between the sickness and weather, you are all having a tough go. Prayers for all.

Then to top it all off Nana is going to be a great-grandmother...don't they know you have your hands full lol Congratulations Nana...one more baby to feel your loving cuddle kissie

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh I wish Sunny.... she lives in Arizona... don't get there to often... but will go see my gd when we go down this summer.... and when he/she is born- have to get my cuddles in..... being a grandmother is fun... so being a great grand will be even better.... just makes me feel really old!
Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOW congrats Nana Great Grandmother,,, not sure how I would feel about that either notme but you're young enough to watch him/her grow up and that's wonderful!
I talked to my Boss today. He has decided to put me in the office and work in there to get me out of the dusty lab environment with the plaster, stone, metal and acrylic grinding floating in the air, which will help with my breathing for SURE,, Plus I get a raise clap
I've been waiting to get in the office, it's so disorganized,, I can't wait to get in there and straighten it up, YEAAAAAAA clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WOW congrats Nana Great Grandmother,,, not sure how I would feel about that either notme but you're young enough to watch him/her grow up and that's wonderful!
I talked to my Boss today. He has decided to put me in the office and work in there to get me out of the dusty lab environment with the plaster, stone, metal and acrylic grinding floating in the air, which will help with my breathing for SURE,, Plus I get a raise clap
I've been waiting to get in the office, it's so disorganized,, I can't wait to get in there and straighten it up, YEAAAAAAA clap

Yep, Nana congratulations !!!!---that is wonderful news!!! shewinks

Diane--that is THE best news ever !! a better environment AND a raise. With the boys, I KNOW that will be welcomed.. Congratulatiosn to you as well. clap

________

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
clap
Diane that is a wonderful gesture in the bosses part.
I am so glad your better an will have an easier job.

Bless your heart an the boys too.

dodge angdev

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
grin grin thank youuuu shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
So great Diane. Plus a raise. Things are looking up.

Nana, I feel so sorry for Nicoli. My grandson had reflux as a baby and he was pitiful because of the pain. That's terrible for him and hard for you guys to deal with. I sure hope they get him some relief.

Being a grandmother is fun.

Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's15
Hi again,
boys will be arriving any minute... a couple of them anyway... it is so cold out there...! windchill really has the temps down... BRRRR! took Carrie my car as Joseph took hers to school... first time he drove there on his own... and yes hard to believe he is old enough to drive but he is almost 19.. got 3 more over 21 now too ... and yesterday my son told me his oldest dd is 8 weeks preggers.. I am going to be a great grandmother... and my son a grandfather.... don't know how I feel about that at all!

Sheri, Nicoli has to have an endoscopy cause they can't figure out why his acid reflux isn't being helped by the zantac and diet changes.. since he was premmie it may be his digestive system isn't fully formed and they need to look and see... so they will do that soon I hope- he can't sleep at night , is missing school.. feels sick most of the time... is starving cause if he eats it hurts , if he doesn't eat it hurts more... feel so bad for him... hopefully they will find a reason and be able to fix it for him..

Well I have to get ready for the invasion..... see you all later!
Nana

Nana your behind my oldest great grandson is 18 with 23 behind him.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Diane I am so happy for you going into the office !! Oh yes you will organize it for sure. haha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts

Awesome!!!!!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good grief....that line of thunderstorms/tornadoes finally got here early this morning. I slept off and on through it until finally at 6:30am the wind was so bad it was making my windows vibrate...I thought the one by my chair was going to break it was vibrating so bad and loud. Had to go get Lola up because she started making her "scared" noise.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks all, Jimmy I am sure you have lots more grands than me and great grands... but if my grands all have kids like my kids did I may catch up! LOL!

Diane I am so glad you get to get to go work in the office... and a raise too.. so much better for you to be able to breath and nice to know the bosses are aware what a good worker you are.. you will have them organized in no time...

We had a good day with the kids here... to cold outdoors to play, the wind was horrible.. but they had fun in the basement and Senika watched the whole of Sleeping Beauty before the boys got here... was so cute... he loves princesses and animals so she liked Beauty and the Prince's horse...only got a little scared when the witch turned into the dragon to fight with the prince - she came and sat on my lap... you can tell she plays with boys and her daddy is a soldier- she told the prince to get his gun... don't know if thats good or not.. she was happy when they kissed and beauty woke up... she said all done ... kisses..

Well off to bed now- still coughing- going to take my cough syrup tonit and try to get more sleep can't take it during the day .. it makes me goofy and don't want to try to drive under the influence of it... it OTC but even that makes me "high".. not in a good way.. LOL!
Have a good evening all- sleep well
Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning,, it's supposed to be in the 60's today, and sunny. I'm going to my heart dr appt this morning for follow up, then go get my check from work. Then Grocery shopping Just a bit of groceries anyway.I don't want to do too much but I have to get things done today. I really want to make chicken noodle soup today,grinand corn bread muffins, I'm gonna see how much energy I have after I get home. why
Nana Hoping you get your cough under control and feel better take care of your self kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Good morning Diane, :ding:
I am up too early..ups is due..LOL
Just don't rush your day.......Glad your able to get out again.
back to 30 an
Was 65 yesterday, unusual here in our end. Make the boys help cook an clean.
Jimmy been sooooooo good to you there.

Keep us updated.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Morning everyone,

Its cold and icy here, we had rain yesterday and the temps fell overnight and its now like a skating rink out there.

Home today.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, congrats on the job and raise Diane kissie

The weather is so strange, we should have 8 ft of snow or more on the ground by now..we have one. And it is pouring rain out there. This will be a disaster when it freezes.

Keep safe Cindy..

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers

The weather is so strange,

Did I really have my wondows open for 3 days when it was almost 70?
...or did I dream that?

It's snowing. boohoo

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Popping back in....its cold and blustery here, supposed to be all weekend.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Originally Posted by Sunflowers

The weather is so strange,

Did I really have my wondows open for 3 days when it was almost 70?
...or did I dream that?

It's snowing. boohoo

yep, you sure did...Are you sure you don't live in Illinois ???

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Unreal, it is 50*F here and flooding everywhere. My entrance to the house has water past the bottom of the siding. I can only imagine the mess I'll have in the spring to repair from the damage. boohoo

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
These cats are killing me!
Spartacus has been standing up on the kitchen counter trying to get the cabinet door open where I keep the tuna. He finally got it to stay open and he knocked a can of tuna off the shelf.
I wonder how he plans on getting it open.... touched

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hand him the can opener an see.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
He's smart. He has the drawer open where I keep the can opener...and just keeps looking in it like "What does she get out of here to open this can with?" lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
LOL

You train them good Cindy........Let him shovel snow haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
smart cat--but as he does not have opposable thumbs you do not really have to be concerned. Look at it as he is keeping himself occupied...

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
LOL! Cats are very smart... my dd's cat used to feed the dogs.. had their good in a rubbermaid container- cat learned how to open the thing and would flip out the food with his paw... kids had to put a paver stone on the lid to keep him out.. and the dogs less fat...

I had a cat once that could open the screen doors.. let himself out and back in... and relock the latch... had to put a latch on in the opposite way to keep him in.. never figured out how to do both...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image