Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Last month I taught my kids how to open a can without a can opener or any tools. My son who has lived very rough at some points in his life looked at me like I was a miracle worker. He does not remember my ever teaching him the trick before.
But we won't tell Sparta how to do it.
Sweet dreams all. Working on a recovery plan.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Spartacus can reach up and open the storm door...so I keep it locked all the time. If I didn't he'd be outside in a second...and I live too close to the road to allow him to go outside. Poor cats here never get to go out...I hate it, but the road it so close......

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Last month I taught my kids how to open a can without a can opener or any tools.

How??? Tell us!!!!!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Morning everyone,

Its another cold day here, lots of snow overnight and snow squalls expected off and on all day.

Good thing that i am in town today, have a hair appointment at 9, and then my manicure at 1, and a couple errands to do in between.

Enjoy your day everyone.

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Keep safe and keep warm, Penny.
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Originally Posted by Tina
Last month I taught my kids how to open a can without a can opener or any tools.

How??? Tell us!!!!!

I am afraid you will teach Sparta. But OK.
The top of your tuna can is sealed with a rolled edging. All you need to do is file off that top layer and you are saved from starving to death. So you slap that can upside down onto a piece of concrete, curb, sidewalk, driveway, etc. And put your hand on it and rub it back and forth. It usually only takes about 10 swipes before you will see your liquids leaking out and you may not want to lose those. Better inside your starving body than down the gutter.
Now you can eat like this with a little practice. A knife to help release the last bits of clinging lid is helpful but not necessary. But you do not need to bang up a good knife trying to open that can from scratch.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well...I thought I heard Sparta rubbing that can on the wood floor in the kitchen last night.... shock

You know I'm gonna have to try this...soon as the snow is gone!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You can do this with shorter sweeps on a rock or a brick in the comfort of your own home.
I am on the mend today after over a week sick. But I do need to go back to bed and let my kidneys process the fluids my body has deprived them of for the last 3+ days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wow that is amazing Tina,, Where do you learn all these cool tips from??? Okay Cindy,, your kitties can learn to feed them selves now lol
I'm telling the boys about the can opening technique. It's good to know that on a "just in case" situation. Knowing the boys they will want to try to do it lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
That is a neat trick but it will mess up my nails. party

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I went to town to pick up flowers for my nieces baby shower tomorrow and thought I'd get blown away. What's with this wind?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We don't have wind for a change. A slight breeze maybe. It is 62 and climbing. Supposed to hit mid 70's I think. I have not weather watched for my normal amusement.
flowers sound lovely, Sheri.
I learned that can trick when I was a child. When no cans had pop tops and both ends of all cans were the rolled seal. I just didn't realize I had not taught it to my children.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Love the can trick... will teach it to my kids and kidlets too... always handy to have a way to do things without tools or elec things...

We had sucess today... first the school finally decided to not have Derek with the special ed teacher he had and to give him the one he had last yr that he loves and understands the correct way to teach him... would have solved lots of problems if they had seen it our way in Sept but at least he will be there when Derek is ready- we are aiming for Mon for him to go back part time to start... she (the old teacher ) has been told to make sure if he is at school she stays out of his sight...

And I got Nicoli to school and I stayed with him for half an hour during his lunch time... he has a sub today and they are all watching a movie in classs so will be easy day for him. they moved the girl that was bullying him clear cross the room and the other one too so he is with kids he likes and trusts now... he knows the sub and after lunch we walked back to his classroom with his class and he said ok Nana you can go home now... so glad he stayed with no prob... Carrie is so tired she just couldn't do it... this way she can sleep untill she has to get ready for work tonit and not worry about them...she is exhasted from being up all night with them not sleeping... and he working nights ... wish she could stay home with them all the time but that just isn't feasible these days.

Well now it's time to start my laundry and get that done... going to school kind of got me off schedule today... LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are still very busy, Nana. I hope the paths for your grandson's smooth out and they get happily situated.
I cannot accomplish much. A little at a time and a lie down. Another small bit and another rest. It is coming.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Not to worry Tina--I think if you just manage to take care of you and of Teddy, everything else can just wait until you are feeling very much better--- kissie

G'nite everyone--sweet dreams...

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Bill Offline OP
10k Posts
OP Offline
10k Posts
Punxsutawney Phil has made his prediction. He says to expect an early spring applaud

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
angel
Hooray .Mr Bill
You were in Pennsylvania before I was!! LOL that was funny.
Hey it was no sun at 7 am.But now it is bright an sunny.
Thanks MR Bill..
Punxy is the man an hog

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
Punxsutawney Phil has made his prediction. He says to expect an early spring applaud

clap party shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I Sure hope everyone wakes feeling better today. grin
I slept pretty good grin
Milo and Emmy have been playing this morning . funny Emmy will let Milo play rough to a point then she lets him know,, That's Enough! and he'll lay down. lol they nap together now,, so it's safe to say they are gonna be buds

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
slept in today ... should get my rear in gear and accomplish something now... ...... eventually I will.. Tina hope you and Teddy are on the mend now- this bug is no fun at all... my cough is finally slowing down some now and I can breath a little easier...

Diane you puppies sound like they are good buddies now... thats always a good thing... sounds like Emmy knows who the boss is and lets Milo know too..

I sure like the idea of an early spring- though it can snow in the mts all it can cause we will be on water rationing if they don't get more snow up there-- they are way behind so far still...

Well off to do something... need to thaw out my roast and get it into a crock pot... with some carrots and taters... make a easy dinner today... have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Neat idea on the tin cans Tina thumbup

We lost power yesterday due to the Hurricane winds then ended up with no internet or phone either. What a mess from the quick thaw and freeze.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I ran off to take care of my business today. Only good for 4 quick stops. And then home to rest again. I am struggling to do a little more each day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I took it really easy today, I feel like I did too much on Thursday and Friday, wasn't feeling as good as I should today. I took breathing treatments today, and rested on the couch. The Older boys helped make Chef salads for dinner and I just let them snack thru out the day,, I just didn't have any energy to get up and cook.
I feel your struggle Tina when you just don't feel good, but also know we Have to get things done, that only us Mothers can do, makes it kinda tough to get thru the day. I hope Monday I'm okay to go to work, right now I don't feel like I can be. IF I feel this same way Monday when I get up, I'm taking my butt back to the hospital, seems like I had two good days and now I'm back to square 2 but that's better than square 1

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,902
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image