Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I took the boys to see OZ the great and powerful good movie, but even better that we saw it in IMAX 3D,, wow Imaxbrings even better graphics and 3D intense viewing. Two of the boys was actually reaching out to grab snow flakes and rearing back with things "came at you" too funny!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Maybe we should have seen it in 3D, Diane. I saw it this past Tuesday with my friend and her mother. I was not thrilled with the movie at all, sorry to say. I found the acting flat, and the scenes unexciting. I'm sure it was more fun for kids, especially in 3D, however there were no kids in the audience when we went to the regular show.

I did really enjoy Life of Pi last week in the movies, however. It really left one thinking about the story afterwards.

Last edited by plants 'n pots; Mar 16th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
We just gat back form seeing OZ as well--and yes I agree IMAX is THE way yo go--and no, I did not see it in that view--we just saw it regular, but as I have seen movies in an I max theater, I know you had a great experience !!! YAY for you.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
M

?????????????

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
My computer was giving me problems, Carol - I edited above.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, & sorry--I was not being smart--I was curious

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I took my sleeping pill and went to bed at 10:30...and have woke myself up twice screaming loud in my sleep. Trying to sit here and clear nightmares out of my head before I try to sleep again. March 16-17 is always a bad night for me. tears

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
So sorry, Cindy. tears

I've been motivated to get things done pretty much all day. I was going to do a weights workout but then I took my meds and lost my umph. I'm all set for tomorrow. I figure since I can run until god knows when, I might as well get my muscles strong.

Sorry, haven't read back at all. Getting sleepy so I'll good night and hope everyone has sweet dreams. I'm on too many brain meds for sweet dreams. Instead my dreams are, uh, interesting I suppose I would call them. I should write stories about the ones I remember. Now I'm rambling, good night!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
wavy Good morning all!

Sorry about your nightmares last night, Cindy boohoo

Thanks to those who tried to help the new person with their plant problem.

I'm not getting ready to go to church this morning.....sometimes I just don't feel like it, I guess.

Diane, I wish I would get to see that movie at an IMax !!

I am looking forward to buying the DVD of Life With Pi

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Maybe we should have seen it in 3D, Diane. I saw it this past Tuesday with my friend and her mother. I was not thrilled with the movie at all, sorry to say. I found the acting flat, and the scenes unexciting. I'm sure it was more fun for kids, especially in 3D, however there were no kids in the audience when we went to the regular show.

I did really enjoy Life of Pi last week in the movies, however. It really left one thinking about the story afterwards.

I told the boys I could have waited for it(OZ) to come out on DVD, it was the Imax 3d experience that made the movie good for me.
I bought Life of Pi,, it was a story I didn't expect,, very interesting, a story of courage, relationship with animals and relationship with ones self, the tiger at the end got me,
spoiler alert
it showed honor for his human "friend", tho it broke the humans heart, it was the tigers honorable way to go into the jungle, sad and sweet at the same time.

Now I want to see "The Call" with Halle Berry thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I took my sleeping pill and went to bed at 10:30...and have woke myself up twice screaming loud in my sleep. Trying to sit here and clear nightmares out of my head before I try to sleep again. March 16-17 is always a bad night for me. tears

Sorry for that Cindy---Hugs & kisses to you.

Good morning everyone---cold & nasty here--if I had MY way I would be staying home too, Shirley--but nope---Going to church. Good thing I am not the one driving in this mess.

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Morning all

Cheryl - I so know that desire to do exercise but how it goes out the window once you are up, or have taken meds. I really need to get back into it - I felt so much better when I was working out consistantly.

Shirley - sometimes you need to take a day for yourself and just hang out.

Cindy - so sorry for your nightmares - I've been having some awful ones too lately, but not for your reasons, of course.

Diane - I'd love to talk about The Life of Pi with you - I have some thoughts about that movie. As for Oz, the people I went with didn't want to do 3D. I am sure it added to the experience, but I just didn't find the storyline interesting enough for me, and I am a HUGE fan of The Wizard of OZ. My son even played the wizard in middle school. LOL!

Carol - I hope you are safe out there today - we are supposed to get this horrible mix of snow, sleet and rain just in time for me to take my Dad for a medical test tomorrow evening. OY!

Today is a knitting day for me. I haven't done much knitting in the past year, and I found a really cute pattern for a small owl on Ravelry. Already knit one up, but can't finish it til I go to the craft store and get some safety eyes.

Hope everyone enjoys St. Patrick's Day and stays safe.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Shirley, taking time for yourself is always beneficial. I will watch Life of Pi one of these days. I need to be in the right mood for it.

Diane, I sooooo want to see Oz. I will have to wait for it to come out on DVD though. Glad you and the boys liked it.

Carol, I hope you are getting rest now.

Plants, my girls showed me some basic knitting. One of my good friends found out she is pregnant and I was thinking it would be fun to knit a baby blanket. However, I want to wait until she knows whether it's going to be one or two babies. She took a fertility drug, though at a small dose, but it's still a possibility she could have twins.

Looking to be a busy day for me. Relaxing while I drink my coffee. So much I want to do today. I want to start my new weight training program, have laundry to finish, would like to clean up my veggie bed and start some seeds indoors. It got into the 30's last night so it's still not safe to plant outside. I also have bread to make for myself and I promised a friend some banana bread as well. I want to chop and paint my nails, just because, and I have a small writing project to work on. Also cooking a big dinner tonight that will need at least a half hour of just prep work. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, Happy St. Patty's day to all who celebrate.

Freezing cold weather is upon us here...feels like January, brrrr.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good afternoon to most. I don't really have a list of things I want to do. Just a couple of things when I feel like it. It is nice to be on vacation without pressing matters to attend to.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
It has been gloomy, raining and cold today, all day. Yep, all I did is just hang out, reading a lot.

Diane, I haven't seen any previews on the TV of The Call so I don't know what that one is about, yet.

Later my son is coming over and we are going to watch movies and eat popcorn. Last time we did that (last week) we watched Face Off. I thought it was a horrifying movie!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well it warmed up & while the Advisory is on until 7pm tonight, I think we are done with out bad weather--

Lynne: perhaps (hopefully) it will bypass you are well.

I had a nap this afternoon--which is great---and I would still be sleeping but I woke up to make a bathroom run. egad

I generally watch all the movies on DVD after they are on them. DH does not like to go to the movies----BUT on this one first he said he would like to go then he said nope, he wanted to see,.. McArther is it??
so I said that is fine, I will go see OZ this weekend by myself---so then friday night he said I think we will go to the movies this weekend--so I say well, is McArther playing some place yet??? he says no, I mean Oz, this would be for you---

Now dont get impressed---yes I got to go, but I know him, now he is done being nice to me for 6 more months--- rolz

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am trying to remember the last movie I went to. It was back in the early 80's I think. I wait for them to come out on video or on regular TV.
I think I am ready for a snooze.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Last time I went to a movie was in 2003 I think...The Passion of the Christ. And I haven't rented or bought a movie in just as many years. I got kinda caught up on a lot of movies I had missed at Bill's...he like a bazillion movies.

I finally got a nap in...I am so tired. Took one sleeping pill before I went to bed then after the nightmares took another half at 3am. You'd think after 19 years I'd get used to the fact that I killed someone on March 17th at 4:08am, but it never gets any easier. Oh, well...I guess we all have to live with some kind of demons in our lives. Malcolm is mine.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

You'd think after 19 years I'd get used to the fact that I killed someone on March 17th at 4:08am, but it never gets any easier. Oh, well...I guess we all have to live with some kind of demons in our lives. Malcolm is mine.

You did what you had to do, Cindy--never forget that--and I am glad that you are still here with us. kissie :wink:

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl

You'd think after 19 years I'd get used to the fact that I killed someone on March 17th at 4:08am, but it never gets any easier. Oh, well...I guess we all have to live with some kind of demons in our lives. Malcolm is mine.

You did what you had to do, Cindy--never forget that--and I am glad that you are still here with us. kissie :wink:

I totally agree with Carol!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image