Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning coffee

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday Cindy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning. Hopefully up to 70 today!
I have new hummingbird feeders this year! All the old ones are going in the trash.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is also supposed to be nice outdoor weather here today. I do plan on spending part of it outside with my son. I'll weed and clean out beds and he will pick up pinecones.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning, coffee

supposed to have a high of 71 here today----but then Starting Monday thunderstorms all week--and slighty cooler temps.

Poor Momma nature is ALL messed up for sure...

Cindy, I hope today is a far better day for you....

Today I think I will go and look at Microwaves--ours over the stove one died--and it costs about as much for a repairman as it does for a new one, so new one it is. I do love my counter-top one though----but as it has a side vent and there is no place to put a Microwave shelf like we had at the farm........

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning,, we have a lot of house stuff to do today. I really want to get out in the yard and get stuff done, but, it's too muddy out, boohoo Maybe tomorrow we can do the yard work,, supposed to be nice in the 70's all weekend, then storms come the first of the week,and cooler again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yea have fun tomorrow Diane----it is far too wet out for me to do much either---and while weeds come out of wet ground more easily, walking in mud is not a good time------

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Diane, your weather forecast sounds just like mine.
It is absolutely beautiful out today, and I feel so bad for these cats. They are going from window to window, crying to go outside. And as I just typed that a double tractor trailer loaded with logs just passed the house doing about 50mph....so what am I supposed to do? I can't let them out and risk the road in the front and mean strays in the back. Abacat has never been outside since I got her away from the dogs that were trying to kill her when she was about 5 weeks old. I have no idea what she would do if she went out.
Why does this make me feel like such a bad person? I have a headshrinker appointment next week...we will have to address this.

Junie...do you use your microwave much? Do most people use them?
I used Bill's a lot...he taught me microwave things. But all I use mine for now is popcorn.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cindy,we use our microwave daily,, when My last one stopped working I bought another one within the hour, I really depend on mine.
Wish I had a remedy for your kitties getting them out side, Too bad you don't have a "dog run" at least some fresh air will do them really good. Or even a Large Dog crate, I know they want to run and exercise, but fresh air is fresh air,even if it's in a confined area. I really don't think it's an issue for your therapist Cindy it's normal to feel what you're feeling,Not that you're bad, I think your confusing feeling bad for the cats, in thinking YOU"RE Bad, You know you're not Bad so don't go there and dwell on that,, just figure out a way for them to get some fresh air. And if there isn't a big dog crate or dog run ,open a window with a screen on it and let them sit there to get fresh air. thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My neighbors built a "cat house" for their cats to go out without getting killed by coyotes. It was a chicken wire box with some carpeted shelves and things for the cats to lounge and watch the world go by. With a small doggie door in the wall between the house and cat house.
I grew up near a family of 3 girls with a carpenter father. He built them a wonderful two story playhouse. When they outgrew it, he turned it into a wonderful cat house with a glass wall and a lot of floors and doors and hidey holes in it. It was a blast to watch their cats playing and enjoying it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I would love to have an enclosed "cat place" outside.

They have calmed down for the time being...both of them are asleep in separate open windows, nice breeze blowing on them. I just hope they don't figure out how easily their claws would go through the screens....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I just hope they don't figure out how easily their claws would go through the screens....

That was my first thought. I do miss the metal screens of my youth. They held up so much better than the fabric ones of today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
most cats just lay there and don't ponder on how to get thru the screen, notme lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all..busy as usual here. Glad you are all getting ready for spring. Send me some sun please grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wavy Hi Sunny I'll do my best to get sun up to ya flwr

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
It has been a gorgeous day here also. Been out running around with grandkids and their other grandma. I bought me two pair of jeans today....size 4 !! yikes That's exciting to me because it use to be 14 !!! In one years time. I put on a pair of 10's one day and thought they looked great, now they are about to fall off of me and I have safety pens around the waist to hold them up. (Two thick to seam them up, it breaks my needles.)

Has Bill said anything yet, anywhere, about why he is PO'd with John Deere? I suppose after he got it home he found out they sold him a dud.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOW Shirley a size 4 shock as long as you feel great that' what's important! grin and Glad you had good weather to get out and about in! clap
Nope we haven't heard back from Bill,, Hope he is okay why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Wow...last time I was a size 4 was when I was anorexic as hell and almost killed myself trying to stay under 90 lbs. What a life. But you are tiny boned, Shirley and I am so glad you feel so much better now. When you come this summer for a visit I will put your tiny @ss to work in my yard!

Well...had company today (Leslie) and when we went outside I let Spartacus out. After awhile he saw a stray cat and started down to the back of the house, so I had to catch him. He tried to run under my truck and I grabbed his tail (which I said I would never do again) and got him back into the house.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Did he object, Cindy?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

Junie...do you use your microwave much? Do most people use them?
I used Bill's a lot...he taught me microwave things. But all I use mine for now is popcorn.

yes I do---I rewarm coffee, leftovers in it---I buy frozen veggies & cook them in the MW--and many other thigns---I once made beef stew in it--it took 20 minutes & it tasted like I had cooked it all day--funny though I have never done it again.. why

I went today & looked at a few---the one I like is the biggest & most costly (not needed) but the nicest---but I guess I will look aorund a bit more---

Diane, when we moved I kept my MW from the farm as I had just had it less than a year---so I am using that one until I replace the one over the stove, so I am in no real hurry.

A SIZE 4 ??? shock WOW when I was a sweet young thin thing (when I was 2 months pregnant I was only 122) I was like a 9/10--my mom is a 4 also though---she is small boned.

Cindy----do you think you could get an old BIG wire dog crate for the cats from say a shelter--you could volunteer for them a few days for one perhaps ???----then you would not have to feel so bad, as they would have a place to get some fresh air & see some different scenery--but I do agree with Diane----you are not a bad person for keeping the kitties inside, you are a caring good person.

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Carol When I go to KS to see My daughter,, I'm only 4 1/2 hours from St.Louis MO,, How far are you from there??( St. Louis)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Did he object, Cindy?

Uhhh...yeah, he bite me and scratched me. Then an hour later when I tried to love on him he hissed and bit me again. I am in no shape to be crawling under a truck, and when I have tried that before right when I get to him he runs somewhere else in the yard, or up the tree. I had a chance to grab his tail so I did.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Cindy----do you think you could get an old BIG wire dog crate for the cats from say a shelter--you could volunteer for them a few days for one perhaps ???----then you would not have to feel so bad, as they would have a place to get some fresh air & see some different scenery--but I do agree with Diane----you are not a bad person for keeping the kitties inside, you are a caring good person.

I have an old cage of Lola's that is huge...but I don't think they would like being in it. They will just have to get their fresh air from an open window. If one of the neighborhood dogs came up to the cage they would totally freak...they are staying inside and I will have to deal with the guilt feelings, but at least they will be alive.

They have it made here...many poor kitties wish they had the lives that mine have.

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Apr 6th, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

They have it made here...many poor kitties wish they had the lives that mine have.

yep, I knew that just from different things that you have said and truth be told they are probably fine with the window....

Diane--I am 45 minutes from St. Louis proper--about an hour from in town---

________

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Cindy, you have my permission to work my *ss off in your yard. lol I remember helping you around your pond and restacking stones your crazy dog kept shoved into the pond.
Is my little garden I planted still there?

No one should feel guilty about keeping animals safe, Cindy.
Lot's of people have house cats and they are perfectly happy sitting in windows.

Bye the way, do you still have those drawers and boxes full of Old Navy Tshirts? Remember all those you gave me? I still love them and wear them all the time....to bed, to the grocery, out walking, over to my families, and around the house.....in other words, I live in them. Do you still have more?? (hint, hint notme ) At least mine aren't full of holes on the shoulder where a bird picks at it! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Hey Bill wavy tell us about your John Deere. Don't just leave us hanging.
Do you still have those little bell shaped flowers, in purple and yellow, growing up near the front of your drive? I remember I brought a clump of them home, and so did Diane. I think hers grew but mine didn't. I still have that large, heavy black and white rock, which looks like marble. Remember that my suitcase was getting too heavy with stuff like that I was bringing back, and when I got home you surprised me by shipping to me?! It is still among my plants, and I still love it. Also my wood Knot. Is the beautiful, magical, butterfly house still standing? Sometimes, when I'm thinking about being inside of there I start worrying about it eventually getting so old that it will start sagging and eventually just collapse in on itself; which would be terrible, it is so wonderful and you worked so hard finding all that material and dragging it out of the woods and building it. Is the story of your building it still around in here somewhere? I had all of that saved in my old computer, which doesn't work, and now I can't retrieve anything from it, even my pictures! I'm going to have to look through all my back up CD's and see if I have one of garden helper stuff. I still think about visiting at your place that one time. I loved exploring. The whole place is magical! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning !! a beautiful day here-----and from what I hrear I should enjoy it, as we will have storms here all week (this would be one time that the weather people being wrong would be nice.....

Happy 34th Anniversary to me---(someone should say it so I am)

Sunny, I will try to send you some sunny weather---let me know if it works--- shewinks

Bill, yea, what Shirley said---inquiring minds wanna know----

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning.
I got a rude awakening at 4am...spilled a 24 ounce glass of ice water on myself...fell asleep with it in my hand. That's the third time I have done that in the past few months. My mouth is so dry because of this auto-immune disease I have to drink constantly. I'm reaching for that glass of water on the coffee table all night long. I need a cup with a lid. I told Rachel I was going to get an IV set up that I could put water in, and tape the tubing to my mouth. She went freaking ballistic on me and said I would end up drowning in my sleep. I have a pill that my rheumatologist gave me that helps a lot with making spit, but it makes me have terrible nightmares so I stopped taking it...and no more nightmares.

Shirley, I still have those shirts. Rachel brought more when she was here, because I go through them so fast with Lola tearing holes in the shoulders. I actually have a box of them in my truck I was taking to a fundraiser for animals, but they weren't having the sale yesterday. I will keep them for you.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
PS...took me so long to type that I missed Junie's post.
Happy Anniversary!!! party
I think it would be pretty cool to be married to the same person forever. Well, if you liked them a lot it would be cool.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
PS...took me so long to type that I missed Junie's post.
Happy Anniversary!!! party
I think it would be pretty cool to be married to the same person forever. Well, if you liked them a lot it would be cool.

Thanks a lot Cindy !!--and yes, most of the time is it really cool---- shewinks

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy anniversary, Carol and Rod! That is a long time.
Good morning. My plans are to putter around the house and then get ready for the new school week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Happy Anniversary! I can't imagine being with the same person for very long at all. I guess I just never had the right kind.

Thank you Cindy for saving the shirts for me!!

IV for water? Why should Rachel go ballistic? why I am not even surprised at anything you dream up. I'm sure we all remember the idea you had to go up in a lawn chair with a bunch of balloons tied to it!! lol You couldn't get much "nutsier" than that!! shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
IV for water? Why should Rachel go ballistic?

I told my rheumatologist that idea and he went ballistic also. I don't understand how I could drown if I had a drop going into my mouth about every 20 seconds...

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image] Carol,, That IS a long time to be with someone you have to really like a person to hang in there lol congratulations grin
Cindy sounds like you need one of those non spill glasses with lids, , the ladies at work in the office have them, its the only way the boss allows them to have drinks by their computers. They have them with handles or without handles, walmart , target places like that have them.
Shirley did you mean to say Hummingbird house? I remember waking up and looking out of the window from the "back bedroom" and seeing 5 + hummingbirds first thing I saw when I looked out, Beautiful!I would hope the hummingbird house structure would always be there, the unicorn in it, the clematis and honeysuckle in bloom on it,, still gives me the feeling of Awe just thinking of it!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Happy 34th Anniversary Carol and Rod.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Diane!!! How could I have been so stupid, as much as that place means to me!!! touched
Of course I meant the hummingbird house! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Happy Anniversary Carol and Rod..... I agree with you sometimes being with same person for a long time is very good and sometimes we wonder why! We have 36 yrs now...time does fly!

I actually slept in today till almost 9... we have had the same warning- today is the last day of good warm weather... then we are to get cooler.. rain and snow.... we need the moisture for sure so will try and enjoy it... can't do much else in yard till May except clean up stuff .. do have to call the aerator guy soon to do that so we can get the water we are allowed to use to the roots of the grass..

Well off to get my breakfast .... and see what else I can find to do....

Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm waiting on Jimmy to get here,, we are going to run errands maybe go to a nursery to take a look see grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh Diane, that will be fun! clap

Tell Jimmie I said Hi wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Shirley4
Oh Diane, that will be fun! clap

Tell Jimmie I said Hi wavy

Shirley JimmY said hi back atcha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane and Jimmy - did you buy anything??? Plants??? Diane, you KNOW you can't just go and look! I so wish I could have joined you two - what fun!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image