Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
afgreyparrot #374632 Aug 4th, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Howdy !! I have been off cleaning house today. Now I am back as DH has gone to bed...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Nana's15 #374636 Aug 4th, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's15
James.. we have a vizio in the bedroom too.. I took a piece of black tape and covered the light.. doesn't really show and it blocks the (on my tv white) light.. never even occurred to me or hubby to take it apart...LOL~
Nana

Probably never occurred to James to put a piece of black tape over it. haha neener

Junie's back! Look out!

I have been on YouTube watching old Saturday Night Live videos...especially "Toonces the Driving Cat".

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #374639 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:12 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been taking the pipes apart under my kitchen sink. They fell apart and were leaking all down under there. Oh well, it really needed cleaning anyway. Tomorrow, after I leave Ted at school, will be a trip to Home Depot for parts. I am very glad I am able to do this stuff.
Now I really need that shower I was going heading towards.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
afgreyparrot #374640 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good evening. Had an ok day working. Came home and relaxed. Had a salad and toasted pb & j for dinner.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
afgreyparrot #374641 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Wow, you ladies have been going on haven't you? I just read a few entries trying to catch up since I last said something about Ambien and I think you guys have gone around the world twice since then. Whew, snooz Yáll wear me out! No kidding, you guys do more in one day than I do all week! Where does all the energy come from?

Well speaking of energy, mine is gone for the day and the week coming is going to be a challenge, there is a girl that is on vacation this week, so I will be expected to keep up with her things and mine. Yea, that snooz will probably look pretty good come about Wednesday!

I think my photo bucket account got kind of discontinued. I asked for some help finding an old account and now I can't get into my current account and some of my posted pics are gone from the forum...I don't know, but it is very discombobulating! haha Like my word?? pretty hi-fluten, huh? bow

Oh dear, I think I need to go to bed...goodnight to all!

mj1957 #374642 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by mj1957
Yáll wear me out! No kidding, you guys do more in one day than I do all week! Where does all the energy come from?

No kidding! They make me feel like a slug!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374645 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Originally Posted by mj1957
Yáll wear me out! No kidding, you guys do more in one day than I do all week! Where does all the energy come from?
[b][/b]

No kidding! They make me feel like a slug!

Naw, we should not---well "I" should not make anyone feel like a slug----I dont really do that much---well around the house anyway---I am a busy person though---

________

JunieGirl #374646 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I get up and down out of my chair a billion times a day for something or the other, usually involving pets. That's the only exercise I get Gonna get up now and clean out the gigantic 3 foot litterbox before I forget. cat

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374648 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WOW Cindy, does that "kitty" (Sparticus) Know how lucky he is ????

________

afgreyparrot #374650 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:12 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm going to bed,, I've too much stress for the day.
I went to get gas, and the car wouldn't start, so I'm thinking I'm stuck in the heat cuz my car wouldn't take a jump from a nice stranger for about 20 minutes, Finally it started. Went to autozone they checked my battery said it was good,but told me it was the alternator wouldn't charge the battery~ but didn't have it in stock,o_0. SO I went to O'Rileys to see if they had one in stock, they checked my battery and alternator said alternator was good - battery was bad,, it was 4 years old and this heat we have took it on out 0.0. Long story short autozone was trying to rip me off, sell me an alternator, send me to a mechanic to put it on, then would have to buy a battery anyway! UGH Never again will I go to autozone not even for Car freshener!

I had to get a jump from Auto zone before I even left there, to go to O'Rielly's. I was sweating so much my hair was plastered to my head. Face was flushed Breyton was sweating and was red too. Dang that stressed me out I have noone near me to rescue me when things like that happen. Jimmy lives in Irving about 30 minutes away,, I know he would come rescue me, But it's not fair to call on him all the time. maybe I should consider moving back to Ks, to be around family that can help me ,,,,,,,,,,,, Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh too cold there for too long in the winter. zoink

Good night wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #374652 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'nite Diane--

and speaking for me (KS is not that far away from me after all)
Mid-west winters are not always bad...sometimes aweful but during the last few years a person could almost get by w/o a coat---

________

afgreyparrot #374654 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Probably never occurred to James to put a piece of black tape over it. haha neener
It looked too trashy imo to have a piece of black tape on an expensive tv set lol

James.. we have a vizio in the bedroom too.. I took a piece of black tape and covered the light.. doesn't really show and it blocks the (on my tv white) light.. never even occurred to me or hubby to take it apart...LOL~
Nana
It comes apart really easy, 4 screws around the tv then the screws on the stand that hold the stand to the set, back popped right off and I just had to unplug a single wire that went to the light assembly; figure it saves on power too :P

Last edited by Gremelin; Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
JunieGirl #374655 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
WOW Cindy, does that "kitty" (Sparticus) Know how lucky he is ????

I doubt it. He's eaten 2 raw fish fillets today and 2 raw chicken tenderloins, as well as his canned and dry cat food. He acts like if a saucer of food is empty he is going to immediately drop dead. I Brushed the outside/basement cat (Kitty Kitty) this evening, then tried to brush Sparta when I came back in. He attacked me. The bloody claw marks on my arm are about an inch and a half apart...which shows how big his paws are.

Diane, that sounds awful. I don't like AutoZone. I went in there awhile back for new wiper blades and they cost $38! They said my truck had to have "special" blades. I think everyone pretty much goes to O'Riellys here now.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Gremelin #374656 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin
It looked too trashy imo to have a piece of black tape on an expensive tv set lol

Nana
It comes apart really easy, 4 screws around the tv then the screws on the stand that hold the stand to the set, back popped right off and I just had to unplug a single wire that went to the light assembly; figure it saves on power too :P

I would never attempt to take the tv apart...I can't even hook the dvd player to it without a major ordeal. Mine would have to look trashy...lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374659 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good night Diane...

I put my king size sheet on the floor doubled.. measured it to fleece I have- cut off excess.. measured inch border all around.. double sewed it and clipped corners.. picture really big pillowcase...then measured out 4 inch columns along narrower side- and marked 4 inch columns down long side..176 pockets.. and figured out 8 lbs of beads= 3/4 ounce of beads in each 4 inch pocket so it will weigh out evenly... have a food scale I will use to measure just the right amounts, I will start sewing it tomorrow.. crawled enough on floor tonit to get sore... I have enough left over from excess sheeting to make Jon's leg blanket.. just needs some fleece for it and more beads.. I did good and found the sheet for 5 bucks at Walmart... not fancy but as its inside blanket doesn't have to be pretty... after I get all the pockets filled and sewn will cover with fleece and probably quilt it in 8 inch squares... so it can't shift in washing... I am double sewing all seems to prevent losing beads too... I am really happy it seems to be going together fairly easily.. just plain sewing but is taking some thinking to do...

We had good dinner tonit of pork steaks , oven baked.. and green beans and baked taters...
I have a good size zuchinni someone gave Joe at work and think I will bread it and make fried zuch for dinner tomorrow... and burghers in gravy with mashed taters... supposed to be some cooler tomorrow too... that will be nice.. we haven't had to run cooler at night for a few days,, loving it.. less money to power company...

Well off to bed now... after I take some motrin for achy body.. getting to old and fat to crawl around floor !LOL!
Nana

PS my tv is in bedroom so no one sees it but me but is thin tape and not very visible.. unless you know it's there you can't see it... helps me sleep at night better too, don't know why vizio seems to think we need to know the brand at all times!
LOL!

Last edited by Nana's15; Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374662 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:46 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My youngest daughter has tape over everything, it seems. My netbook camera has tape on it as well as hers. And her smart phone has tape on the camera too.
My TV's are old school so no lights when they are off.
I am heading to bed with very damp hair tonight. But it will be good or I can always re-dampen it in the morning. Fist time to need an alarm in over a month. It will be a zoo out there in the morning.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #374664 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:54 PM
You ladies...geezzz!

Nana's15 #374665 Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
PS my tv is in bedroom so no one sees it but me but is thin tape and not very visible.. unless you know it's there you can't see it... helps me sleep at night better too, don't know why vizio seems to think we need to know the brand at all times!
LOL!
It'd be nice if they made it so we could disable it in the tv's settings lol...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
afgreyparrot #374669 Aug 4th, 2013 at 07:42 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning, grin
we are having another week of triple digit heat, so I guess it was a good thing my battery went out yesterday and not this work week. Sometimes things seem to happen for a reason, could have been worse, could have happened while I was on the way home at a stop light for example shock
Everyone have a good day wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
afgreyparrot #374673 Aug 4th, 2013 at 09:36 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Off to school today. I am very glad that Teddy gets these extra years of school. He really isn't learning much new but the routine is good for both of us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Gremelin #374675 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Yes it would James... guess they think it pays to advertise in peoples homes...LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374676 Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning !!!! I think I almost got 8 hrs of sleep--YAY !!!!! I have begun a list of chores for this week... rolz

Diane, that sounds awful. I don't like AutoZone. I went in there awhile back for new wiper blades and they cost $38! They said my truck had to have "special" blades. I think everyone pretty much goes to O'Riellys here now.

You all going on makes me so grateful that I have a mechanic...HE diabnoses my problems, HE goes & buys the auto parts & HE negotiates prices...I would be lost w/o him--well, ROD would be lost. lol
Although I will say that this new guy (Nephew of my previous mechanic) is not quite up to par with his Uncle.. But I imagine he will get there in time.....he does not misdiagnose, but he does do things like leave shop wrags under my hood, & leave caps off resevoirs---oh well....

________

JunieGirl #374683 Aug 5th, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well, I guess I should go get some work done---I'll catch you all later....

________

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,902
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image