Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sunflowers #377485 Sep 29th, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Enjoy the fall weather, Sunny...sounds good to me---

I dont imagine we will be cutting grass too much longer here either--perhaps 2 or 3 more times.. When I get well I have outdoor painitng to do & then I have yet to clean off my flower beds---

Good news is I am still getting tomatoes

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Sunflowers #377492 Sep 30th, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. We have to cut our grass most of the year, often when it's wet. Our weather has been really icky the past couple of days. Lots of rain and wind. I'm taking it easy today. Didn't want to get up and slept almost 12 hours for no good reason. No idea why I'm so tired. Feeling a little better now but still don't feel like doing anything.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #377493 Sep 30th, 2013 at 04:14 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sorry you have to cut the grass for so long a time, Cheryl.

Now, abt you feeling so tired. I will hope that you are NOT getting sick...

________

Sunflowers #377496 Sep 30th, 2013 at 06:16 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And is your cold any better today, Carol?
If I had grass it would need cutting year round. I don't have any. Just a couple of clumps growing long for my dog to munch on once in a while.
It was a long day after being up in the night for while. I'm thinking it is about nap time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #377497 Sep 30th, 2013 at 07:23 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
And is your cold any better today, Carol?

No it is not any better---but I had better be better tomorrow, I have to take the car in---not to get fixed but to have the oil changed.

I wish I could take sudafed...but alas I cannot. I can take an antihistamine as far as my cardiologist is concerned, but if I do that other things would be bad

________

Sunflowers #377502 Sep 30th, 2013 at 10:10 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope it is better tomorrow, too.
This was a long Monday. My possible nap was interrupted by a bird flying into the window above my sofa.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377521 Sep 30th, 2013 at 12:16 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377526 Sep 30th, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, hope you had a good sleep Tina and that Carol is beating that cold. Cheryl, the longer I sleep the worse I feel.

The frost is heavy this morning, the ground looks like it has a light snow on it.

I am off to work in a bit, hope you all have a good day.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #377527 Sep 30th, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well I think my fever broke last night around midnight----and I coughed all night---but I DO feel better this morning.

I still think I will come home to rest after I get the oil changed today....

Tina, I hope that you had a good night & Sunny that you do not work too hard---

________

Sunflowers #377528 Sep 30th, 2013 at 09:32 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Happy October to all.
I am sorry that you will miss out on ceramics today, Carol. But it is probably best not to share your cold too far.
I have no major plans this day. We will see how it all goes as the day wears on.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377533 Oct 1st, 2013 at 07:00 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good afternoon. I have had a very nice day. I love the first. I go to bed relatively broke and wake up with money in accounts. Such a blessing are automatic deposits.
I got my monthly budget worked out and bills paid. I shopped a bit and was going to shop more before I picked up Ted from school. But I went to visit a friend in the hospital, instead. I think that will be a more regular part of my schedule from now on.
Tomorrow I will zip through for what I didn't get today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377534 Oct 1st, 2013 at 09:29 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening all,

I got woken up early today with a telemarket phone call, don't know why we bother with the do not call list since the creeps and scammers don't pay any attention to it anyway... spent the morning working on bills... and schedule calendar printing out and emailing to family who needs it... then Carrie and I went shopping and ended up picking up Derek early.. there is a teacher there who evidently is going thru some kind of personal crap and taking it out on him-she got in his face today and screamed at him... the other teacher witnessed it and called carrie and told her off the record what happened and she needed to report it to the principal- she wants her out of her classroom and other parents have complained so hopefully this is her last chance.. right now Derek doesn't want to go to school at all... after all we have been thru if this so called teacher ruins this class and school for him carrie is going to sue... she has an apt to talk to principal on Thurs...and the school psychologist wouldn't let Derek call his Mom either .. wanted him to go back to class and let the teacher apologize to him ... wasn't going to happen-.... if the teacher hadn't called carrie it would have been another 3 hours before we knew about it... this woman refuses to follow Derek's IEP and that just isn't going to cut it ... it's in place for a reason and he needs it followed... good thing Carrie is off tomorrow cause I bet he won't go to school... Timothy has a follow up doc apt so she had to take it off... he seems to be doing better- has a cold but at least his stomach is better now...

Well got to stick some salmon in the oven and bake a few taters... easy dinner ... lot of good shows on tonit so want something quick....

Have a good evening all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Sunflowers #377535 Oct 1st, 2013 at 11:36 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Salmon and potatoes sound good,Nana. I just had sausage and eggs. Eggs have been kind to me lately. They aren't always.
I am glad Timothy's eating problems are better. And it would be hard to blame Derek for not wanting to go back to school. Even a child without any problems would not want to go back. I would not want to.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377539 Oct 1st, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Offline
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning...I do so agree on the finding money in the bank account Tina, not that it stays in it long anyway lol

So sorry Nana about your grandson, we had a teacher here in kindergarten that had to be 'relieved'...it's a shame how children are treated in some cases.

Beautiful Fall weather here today, I have 3 cords of wood to be moved and piled in the shed today...need to get ready for the snow soon.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #377540 Oct 1st, 2013 at 11:25 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Today is Ted's last day of school for this week. The teachers go in for in-service days on Thurs. and Fri. but not the students. Usually the kids have no break between Labor Day and Veteran's Day. That is a long stretch of time. So this is a nice treat.
Sunny, you are right about money not staying in the bank long. But it is a joy to be able to pay the bills and feed my little family. I also have become pretty distrustful of the stability of the whole economy and only keep enough in the bank to pay those bills, etc.
Has any one seen Carol? I am getting a bit worried about her.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377541 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 01:10 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning,

Got up early but not moving very quickly today... the weather is in the process of changing again and my achy body knows it first it seems... supposed to rain and snow starting tomorrow evening... then get warm again- it won't stick but it's coming...

I made 5 doz choc chip cookies for the boys yesterday and took them over to Carrie's- she gave hubby a hair cut too when we went so we each got what we needed out of that.. Derek was feeling some better then too which was good - haven't heard if he went today but don't think he did... was pretty much saying he was thru with school right now...

Today will be a cleaning day I think... got to finish dusting and vacuuming my house... and do some laundry..then figure out dinner ... chicken something...

Well off to get started... have a good day all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #377544 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 02:39 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina: here I am...I have had a few bad days. But I did manage to take the car to get the oil changed yesterday--The mechanic had not done it last time B/C he said it was a waste of time & money if we weree going ot get the leaking issue fixed.

As Rod cannot make up his mind about that, I took it to get the oil changed---The mechanic took pity on me & put some sealant in so the leak would stop for awhile so I would not have to worry while rod is "thinking". That trip did me in--Actually though I felt good until I laid down--then I felt like I was so wiped out.

today I do not feel so good--but I have hopes for tomorrow.

I hope that both you and Ted enjoy his few days off of school.
and yes ladies, Money never seems to stay in the account for long, does it ??

Nana: Sorry to hear about Derek--I sure hope that he gets past it & that Carrie gets it handled for him. Poor Guy...I also hope that all goes well with Timothy. It was fortunate how that all worked out for Carrie timewise.

Sunny: Do not work too hard---take breaks between cords of wood. That is a lot of wood to haul. I am so glad that the weather has at least cooperated enough to let you get that done today. I so hate to think of snow---

I think I will go get lunch & then lie down for awhile now.

________

Sunflowers #377545 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 03:36 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Thank you for the update, Carol. I knew you were planning the car/oil thing on your second 'cold' day. And never heard from you again. I do little worry jags sometimes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #377549 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Glad to see you Carol... cold are such a pain... seems like they can last forever....

Timba got a clean bill of health- he just has to keep the meds on hand for first sign of the headache - even though it starts in his tummy... so far so good the last couple weeks.. Derek did not go to school and says he won't go tomorrow either so I imagine I will have him tomorrow when Carrie goes to the meeting with the teachers and principle.. hopefully they will get this resolved ...yes the timing did work out rather well for them to get it handled quickly... don't want him to get out of the habit of going to school- we have made a lot of progress with him- and don't want this woman to have ruined it for him- won't call her a teacher cause I don't believe she deserves the title...
Joe is going our for awhile after work with a coworker who is in from another state.. so I will make dinner soon and just keep his for him....

I just read the weather forecast- today it is 78*.. tomorrow is 68* and the Fri is a high of 47* and it may snow... glad I plugged in my elec blanket .... and got out my elec throw too... I really hate being cold! doesn't seem possible today it's so nice and warm that we will be cold and snow in a couple days....

well off to get dinner started ...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #377551 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 07:54 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Sherri...I am glad that your Timba got a good report. Now if a resolution can just be found for little Derek then it will all be good. I hope tomorrows meeting goes well for them all.

Tina: Sorry to worry you, though it is nice to be worried about I must say...Wow---you know Barb said her cold left her feeling weak--I guess this is what is happening to me. I felt better yesterday than I do today. I do think if I could cear up this head it would be all good--

________

Sunflowers #377552 Oct 2nd, 2013 at 08:36 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I took a long nap today. I am glad I have a few days to get back on schedule. I do not like to have my sleep times messed up too much.
I am also glad that Timba is showing no signs of illness. I'd still watch for a food allergy. His symptoms sound so much like a friend who found she had a serious milk allergy. Not just lactose issues but other/all milk components. It is very hard to find things with no dairy. Even a half teaspoon baked into a whole loaf of bread can affect her with one slice. Much like a serious nut allergy only with dairy.
I hope Derek can be soothed enough to attend school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image