Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Nana's15 #377722 Oct 10th, 2013 at 05:04 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi everyone wavy

A mandolin is a great tool, Nana. I finally broke down & got one-and it is the best---you just have to be VERY careful to NOT slice your fingers--(if your did not come with a guard, go buy one)---(andI would advise NOT to let the kids use it)

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
dodge #377723 Oct 10th, 2013 at 08:14 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Carol
Fought with my printer in the morning..

Said paper jam. I found none.. So shut it off an restarted it an it worked again.
Had mine quite a while , takes 4 cartridges. Eppson

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Tina #377724 Oct 10th, 2013 at 08:50 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I got a good mandolin last year. I am pleased with it. If I am cooking big, it is wonderful. I still get out the knife for just slicing up an onion and a couple of carrots and taters though. By the time I've scrubbed those veggies, my hands are shot anyway.
Tonight it is the last of my chicken pot pie filling and sweet potatoes. I dumped the chicken filling on top of slices of garlic bread. My adult kids think I am a genius.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #377725 Oct 10th, 2013 at 08:54 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
My cat thinks I am too.LOL
kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #377726 Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Carol
Fought with my printer in the morning..

Said paper jam. I found none.. So shut it off an restarted it an it worked again.

Good idea---I will give it a try...thanks

________

JunieGirl #377728 Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
it did not work Barb--but thanks--good new is as long as I have a full black cartridge in the printer my color part works great---so I guess I could make everything a color from now on, huh ??

Going to bed early tonight sweet dreams....

________

Tina #377730 Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

Yes feel better today... it had been so long since the fibro made me feel like this just was really down with it... sleeping almost 12 hours made me feel better... went back and got a few grocery we needed, then hit the thrift stores for a new ( to us) bedside table for hubby.. needed more table room than old one had so moved it over to other side and gave him more room- it's really a small tv stand but did what we needed it too and has a cupboard on bottom to hold stuff too so fit the bill... and was only 15 dollars to boot!

Timba got sick to his stomach yesterday at school- went to nurse and she didn't call Carrie , let him sit in her office from noon till school was out... he called Carrie after the bell rang on his cell and asked her to come get him he didn't think he could walk home... Carrie went in and read her the riot act... first place she isn't a nurse-she is an aide, she knows he is under a doc's care and it isn't up to her to decide if he needs to go home or not- ... Carrie was so pissed and I don't blame her a bit...

I am working on my office now- cleaning it out again and getting rid of clutter.. not easy to do in there cause it ends up being the catch all room... will try and finish it tomorrow.... did my bedroom yesterday- got rid of one dressers worth of stuff and gave dresser to grandson .. he can take it with him when he moves out- one thing out of house we don't really need... and a bag of clothes to donate... win- win...

Well it's getting late - I am still tired.. so hitting my pillows early tonit and hoping to be asleep before wind we are supposed to get hits, really don't like sleeping when it's windy...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #377731 Oct 10th, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry the fibro is bad, Nana. I hope you can get some good rest tonight. The damp, cold weather is making my bones ache for sure. I think that aide will call Carrie next time. I hope there is no next time, though.
I got my wood moved today. Ready for the next load. It is funny; my friend who was delivering it for me was carefully stacking it in the place I pointed out. I told him to just chuck it off the truck because I was going to load it in the wheel barrow and stack it in the woodshed any way. It is even easier to pick up and chuck it into the barrow from a pile than it is from a stack. But it fits better in the woodshed when stacked. I can fit 8 cords in each side.
Now I am taking my achy bones off to bed. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377733 Oct 10th, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, sorry for the leaky roof Tina...I know how that feels, we need a full replacement in the spring. Tar has to do for now.

Hope you feel better soon Nana, be careful with that mandolin...I sliced myself so bad that DH threw away mine.

Junie, bring the printer in to where you bought the ink, they can usually set it up for you.

Today is a day of housework and grandbaby sitting. I had such a long day yesterday that I hope never repeats itself, although the evening and birthday cake was much better grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Tina #377734 Oct 10th, 2013 at 09:48 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. People should get time and a half for working on their birthdays, Sunny.
As soon as it dries a bit, a slathering of tar will go onto my roof as well. I will check to see next spring what it needs next.
I am glad to see Friday roll around this week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377735 Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nana: I hope the Fibro gets to letting up soon----It is nice that your family is willing to help you so much. I am sure that makes all the difference in the world. I odnt suppose there are any more schools in the area. The current one sure seems to give your kids a hard time...such people they seem to have hired. uhuhh

Tina: I have said this before, but wood heat is so wonderful---I am so sorry it is being made so hard for you though.

Sunny: So sorry you had to work yesterday. I do agree with Tina though. if you had to work yesterday at all, you should have at least gotten time & a half.

About the mandolin---I also have a Vidalia slicer---(a mandolin by another name) I sliced my thoumb good with is as well. So when I use either it or my actual mandolin & am sure to use the veggie guarde that they supply. but each time it scares me. Sure does work well though.

off to clean house today. well to start it. I have a lot of major cleaning to do between today & next Thursday. Although next qwednesday I have to take my MIL to the dsrs for a blood test, then to the bank, then I have to pay her bills & do her otyher book work.--and oh--fill her pills again. ( Then I watch Luke again next Friday.) the wedding rehersal is Friday night, the wedding is Saturday & my in-laws are coming by on Sunday.

________

Tina #377739 Oct 11th, 2013 at 01:28 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
You certainly have week+ ahead of you, Carol.
It smells so good in here right now. I have turkey sausage crumbles browning. I have a bit of onion and peppers to add to that in a bit. Then will scramble some eggs and with potatoes, cheese I start the process of making breakfast burritos for the freezer. Those will make a good breakfast/lunch for a few days ahead.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377740 Oct 11th, 2013 at 01:46 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, your making me hungry--Do you deliver ??? shewinks

________

Tina #377741 Oct 11th, 2013 at 05:44 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I would love to feed more than I do. I really enjoy cooking.
I wasn't sure that post actually posted. My computer stopped before I could see it. I ran scans and updates and stuff and it seems to be back. I am home for the day. I will nap before going out to move more wood. Or maybe work on my ditches.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377742 Oct 11th, 2013 at 09:20 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,

Well had a perfectly non sleeping night last night- finally drifted off about 3am... but was awake by 830, just could not go to sleep ... hate that... may have been the wind blowing .. and it is cooler for sure at night- turned on my elec blanket ...

Our Joseph has been driving hubby's pickup and it quit on him today ... so hubby and the grand who is living with us went and fixed it.. was the alternator and a new battery needed, they finished fixing it in about an hour so now it's back in running order, always something..

I made peanut butter cookies for boys next week lunch treats.. they like them better than the choc chip ones for some reason... going to bake banana bread tomorrow I think... I can freeze those loaves for their lunches too ,make some up as muffins too...

Well need to go finish dinner- spaghetti and garlic bread... green salad for side.... I am starving- forgot to eat lunch while I was baking..... LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #377743 Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sprry about the wind blowing keeping you awake, Nana. Thankfully it put me to sleep.

You seem to be baking often--and it all sounds yummy---good for you. I bet your family is very pleased with you.

We had roasted veggies, baked potatoes, & burgers for supper tonight---Hubby was pleased with the veggies--so I scored one this time. thumbup

________

Tina #377744 Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
All of your food sounds good. I guess it is about time for me to bake some things. I was thinking of that today while driving my son to school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377745 Oct 11th, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Happy Saturday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377746 Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning. coffee

I have no idea what is going on, I had to sign in like 5 times before I could stay logged in. I would be ok & then when I went to switch screens so I could post, I was suddenly "not logged in"--

Oh well it is all good now.

________

Tina #377748 Oct 12th, 2013 at 02:56 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you could get in and stick the landing, Carol. I have sluggish problems sometimes but I usually just wait it out and come back later. I blame it on my ancient computer.
I am eating one of my breakfast burritos for brunch. They are good. I don't season them at all except the sausage and veggies that are in them. If my kids want, I have all kinds of salsas and hot sauces to add to them when they heat them up. Tapatio seems to be a favorite so I buy it by the quart.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #377749 Oct 12th, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tina--everything seems to be in good shape now. But thanks.

My kids like plain & simple as do I your "Brunch" sounds wonderful.

We just got back from renting a pressure washer to clean the siding in preparation for the winter. It is going well, but I think Rod wishes that we had a washer with a bit more pressure. he says we won't get the house done by the time we have to return the washer. why Good news is all I can do to help is watch the clock- shewinks

________

Tina #377751 Oct 12th, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon...

I am having a lazy day today- yes do seem to be baking more.. it mostly goes to Carrie's for the boys lunches... I sure don't need to eat it! LOL! I am going to make some blueberry muffins for us today though- just have a craving for them right now.....

I like the mandolin.. I used it for the salad makings last night- was so much easier on my hands...I wouldn't let the kids use it for sure and I do use the pusher tool for sure too...

I get that suddenly logged out thing sometimes too.. I usually just go back to my home page and try again and it works just fine...

Well going to resume my laziness now, thinking hot bubble bath .. then may get out all the old clothes I cleaned out of my closet and drawers and see how many squares I can get to sew together for a lapblanket top for Derek- got the beads the other day so may as well start on it... smaller so I should be able to do it on my own ...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,900
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image