Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
chermoni #378820 Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:32 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Wonderful, Sunny!
Good morning. I have my bedding stripped and in the washer. Ted's will be next.
My day will consist of getting ready to go back to school. I will be checking out some possible online deals for my kids Christmas gifts. They gave me a couple of ideas, finally.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #378824 Dec 1st, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
MY Valarie is finally back home from this weekends festivities. I will not see her until December 21st. But hey, I got to see her 2 weekends in a row---so I am happy...for now.. lol

Sunny, so glad that you got your Birthday gifts--"Finally".
remember, Sunny's B-Day is in October....

Tina-----Sometimes its nice to settle back into a comfortable routine. It makes things "normal" somehow.

So happy that you finally have some ideas for Christmas for your kids. I just told my SIL last night that if I didnt get an idea from him that I had NO idea what I would be getting him. All he said to me was yea, my mom wants to know what I want too. why

My grandson has some small things, books, tractors, etc. as he is so little. I think for the balance he is getting Money to add to his savings account..he will not know the difference this year, so I think this is the thing to do.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
chermoni #378838 Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:03 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is the thing to do with ones so young, Carol. Unless you want to start a lifetime thing like a special ornament every year.
We are all ready for the school week here. All clean and shiny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378852 Dec 1st, 2013 at 01:30 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks for the reinforcement, Tina.
I do the ornament--but not a series (his other G-ma has started that.)
I got his mom a handprint ornament. It is dated--
Sadly, I bought one for my other DD for next year---& now the date will be wrong. why I was not thinking of the date--I was just thinking the ornament was so cute & how I probably could not find it next year.

Catching a cold here--so soon I will go to bed--

Nite Nite everyone..

________

chermoni #378867 Dec 1st, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
My grand children have so much stuff. When I was growing up we only got new clothes when school started and at Christmas, maybe for our birthday but nowadays kids get stuff all the time. My grand children can't even come up with anything they want. Last year I took them to the Great Wolf Lodge for one night and I'm doing it again this year. I'll put something small, like $20.00 small, in their stocking to have when they come Christmas Eve. It makes things so much easier.

The Hobby Lobby here is gigantic too and has so much more than Michaels and is a little cheaper. HL always has a coupon for 40% off the most expensive item and then sometimes for 50% off the other stuff. I hope they don't close down over the abortion issue.

chermoni #378883 Dec 1st, 2013 at 11:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. We also only got clothes for school and maybe Christmas and an outfit for Easter. Kids are very spoiled these days. I think my youngest may never forgive me for never getting her a video game system.
We are ready for the new week of school. I am looking forward to it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378886 Dec 1st, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I still remember the year (I was a freshman) I asked for some sweaters, as the girls in HS were dressing nicer than I.
Mom got me 3 sweaters, which would have been grand--but they were mixed colors & then a sporty one, like say for tennis (I did not do sporty as my chest was so big).
You could not wear them with much, but a black skirt & a maroon pair of jeans I had for the weekend...
Yep, we too just got new clothes for starting school, Christmas & Easter. But then most kids were like me so I didn't notice the difference.

Tina, never fear about your Daughter. Mine "always" wanted a Ninja Turtle Pizza Shooter, as a child. She never got one--mainly because she never told me--I was just supposed to "know". She has one now, as in HS the couple she baby sat for bought her one on e-bay for Christmas. She still has it and still tells people how I didn't get her one. She will be 28 this April.
So you are not alone in the "never to be forgiven" area.

________

chermoni #378891 Dec 1st, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I wish I still got clothes for Christmas lol; my sisters stepmom used to buy the weirdest thigns for me though... She'd buy me pants that where like 8 sizes too large and shirts that where like 4 sizes too small; it was very confusing...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #378892 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sounds like she bought what was on sale--got what she wanted but in the sizes they had on sale ??? Just an idea.

My MIl bought me clothes back when she shopped...now she does not so I dont get any as gifts unless I splurge on me.

________

chermoni #378900 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 04:33 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Any more I prefer to get my own clothes. I got too many pretty sweat suits that were not appropriate for grubbing in the garden. All I wanted was plain sweats for really working without caring if they got dirty or stained or snagged on thorns.
I have shopped online for my daughter's request today. I am narrowing it down to what she will actually get. It is fun when you have some hints what they will like.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
chermoni #378901 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 05:51 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

I am doing laundry ... washing bedding again and decorating slowly- have to move furniture to make room for tree..my family room has all the Rubbermaid containers and the tree in it's bag - my grandson says it looks like an elf threw up.... LOL!

I decorated two rails so far and set up the table for the nativity when I find it... going to make a winter scene in my clear crystal cake stand and put on my hutch, can use some of my village stuff- so much of it that you can't see it all anyway...

We got the kids comp moved downstairs to the family room now and will set up tree as soon as I vacuum the area... then kids can help decorate it after they get out of school...then only the village and odds and ends will be left...

Well off to finish up the laundry and get busy with the vacuum and tree putting together......

Have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
chermoni #378902 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 07:49 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It all sounds lovely, Nana.
My day is done except for dinner. I will BBQ a London broil and bake potatoes tonight. Mixed veggies steamed on the side. It sounds good and warming. Although it is not cold out. The weather is supposed to get very chilly the rest of the week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
chermoni #378931 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 08:54 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all, clothes for Christmas sounds great.

I agree, kids now get too much...they need everything they see and use nothing that they get.

My Christmas shopping was pretty easy this year, a little gift with a gift card for most.

Off to work...

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
chermoni #378933 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 10:59 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope you have a lovely work day, Sunny.
I just rekindled my fire. We are supposed to get pretty chilly the rest of the week. Maybe some rain with that but it looks like that is less likely than previously forecasted.
I hope everyone stays warm and well this day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
chermoni #378936 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning ,

It is supposed to get very cold here and have some of that white stuff too starting about noon today- Joe is taking boys to school in a few min... we are then going to hit the grocery store and Sam's .. get that out of way before bad weather hits and I won't go out .. they are talking - degrees the next few days... Joe brought in wood yesterday just incase we need the woodstove .. if power went out it would be our only heat and cooking place...

Derek didn't feel well yesterday evening so I bet he won't be going to school today.. they have a cold making the rounds .. hope he gets over it soon - it's almost his birthday... he will be 11 ... where does the time go?

Well off to get my shower and then make some pancakes.. hubby wants pancakes for some reason.... will make extra for boys too.... Carrie is off today so we may try to get in some shopping later if it doesn't start snowing to soon...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #378938 Dec 2nd, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sunny, Don't work too hard today---and enjoy the time out of the house.

Tina---I understand about not wanting to have clothing on to worry about when working. That is never good.

Ypou know how I miss having a wood stove...when you speak of your fires, I remember....and I am glad for you. That heat is wonderful.

Nana--you are the busiet person I know. I hope your family appreciates all that you do for them.

My nativity is not going up this year. My foot is sjut about healed, but I am not up to getting my containers down to go thru, so I will jsut put up my small tree, some "Santa" ceramics & then whatever else that is small for the season.
The kids will not be around much anyway. IT would all jsut be for me, and I am not up to it this year, even thpough I do love this time of year.

of to get ready to go to my MIL's then to my Mom's--she is going to the Dr today...I guess I had better get to trying to order online--looks as if that is the only way I will be getting done this year.

I wish everyone a great day---have fun & enjoy the day.

________

chermoni #378941 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 03:59 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No ceramics today, Carol? I do love my wood stoves. They are a lot of work but well worth it, in my opinion.
I went out and finished up Ted's Christmas shopping for school today. He has gift cards and pocket LED flashlights for his teachers. I will deliver those today. I like to deliver early in case they want to use the cards for gifts to/for others. I have no problem with helping stretch a budget with that. The flashlights I ordered a couple of months ago and they are personalized with "You Light Up My Life" and his initials. Which are also my initials so it works from both of us.
Carol, I have not decorated for several years. It is not lack of seasonal enthusiasm. I love this time of year. But I don't feel the need to add clutter to my home life either. It saves me time and energy to enjoy the season all the more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
chermoni #378942 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 05:06 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good afternoon. My brother and his girlfriend got me to help decorate the house. My heart wasn't completely in it but I'm glad I participated. Right now I've got a pumpkin pie in the oven but it's going to have extra crust because my pie plate in 9 1/2 inches. That extra 1/2 inch makes a difference. Oh well, it'll still taste good. Today is my Monday, I have about an hour and half before I have to leave for work.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #378943 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 06:58 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have a 10 inch pie plate that I LOVE. It makes MORE pie for me to eat and I LOVE me some pie !!!

Tina--I did not get to go to ceramics----between MIL & my MOM my day was taken...Good news is I got to eat lunch with my sister---Mom picked me up there---LOL

________

chermoni #378944 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 07:03 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,,

We just got home from all the grocery shopping- we left and it was almost 60* and now it is 32 and dropping fast, Joe just went to pick up Timba and Nicoli and take them home , Derek is sick with a sinus infection and Carrie got called into work .. for 4 hours.. Joseph is home with Derek so they get to go home after school.. we tried to go buy new tires for the Tahoe today but seems everyone else decided to do it today before the snow comes too so Joe says they can wait till Jan when they go on sale again...

We may finish decorating tonit.. right now I am tired.. and achy- so it may wait till tomorrow ... I am going to stick a chicken in the oven soon and roast it... with some taters and carrots,, just sounds good for a cold night...

Well off to go get it going and warm up my house at the same time...

Nana

[Linked Image]
chermoni #378952 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 10:48 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope your tires do hold out until January, Nana. Keep warm. The cold is also sweeping down here. It is very early this year for most of the country. I would like to see a lot of snow cover in our mountains. We are supposed to get some cold rain tonight but not much.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378953 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WE just got tires last month--and yes we hit the sale--if you can wait then yes, do so, Nana.

Just out of the bath & in jammies. My decorating is not done either--perhaps I will do some tomorrow we shall see. Right now I am tired, but Dante` (the dog) needs to go out around 10:30 at the earliest for the night--so I will be up until then (at least)

________

chermoni #378954 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 01:07 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is raining here now. That will be nice to sleep to tonight. I can hardly wait the hour I need to before hitting my pillows. I may try and convince Ted it is bedtime a little early.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378955 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sounds like a plan to me Tina. I LOVE to sleep when it rains out. Good luck with that.

I too will go to bed soon...I am tired as well..Nite-Nite

________

chermoni #378957 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 07:27 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning..coffee is on. DH just got called into work, the roads are slushy.

So did you send some rain to me Tina? We were supposed to get a few inches of snow today...but it is raining instead. That's going to be a mess when it freezes.

Thanks for all the well wishes...I am coming down with a 'bug' of some sort. I had a full day of Christmas prep planned for today but I'll be lucky to get half done. Oh well, I guess days off from work were meant for resting a bit.

Cheryl has me thinking of making a pie today lol You people make me crave for things with all your talk of food.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
chermoni #378960 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 08:59 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Keep safe in your slush and possible freeze to follow, Sunny. It is nasty all across the continent.
I slept very hard with the rains. It turned into more rain than prophesied. My fire nearly went out. So I am up to tend to that because it is cold out. I can go back to bed for another hour plus. And will.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378961 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Sunflowers,
Least ways you can rest a while.. I keep getting stuffy head?
50º here sunny
next weekend storm they say..
Great day for December .. Snow all melted. Hope your shoppin is done.
Finished mine yesterday.. The girls birthdays all one day 8th
2 weeks later Christmas.. Nasty for the family cause all the stuff is at one time in one month.
So I gave gift cards for both occasions......
Just give same to parents.. Mostly all I shall do.. Too much going on.

rose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
chermoni #378963 Dec 3rd, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
I got up early ,we have a couple inches so snow and it' s still falling. ... Cold too 6
*. Brrrrr, turned on my kitchen heater to take chill down some. May have to use wood stove too..
Boys have a half day today...and Carrie and I are going shopping... Have to decorate rest of house too..May have to do that tonit,
Going to stick a stew in crock pot this morning.. That and rolls will be a good dinner....

Joe is taking boys to school..it is way to cold for them to walk....

We'll better go get busy.... Lots to do today,,,,,

Have a good day all.......
Nana

Last edited by Nana's15; Dec 3rd, 2013 at 11:26 PM.

[Linked Image]
chermoni #378964 Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
It's 24º and foggy out; hopefully it burns off soon, or at least has a good visibility for my walk to bring Trey to school shortly lol.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #378967 Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
52, foggy, & damp out today. Going to be like 34 tomorrow with possibility of snow. gee I wonder why we all have colds ???

Rod did not leave early for work though--he said teh fog was better today than yesterday's version... rolz

I MAY get to stay home today--if so I think I will put up my tree & decorate some. shewinks

________

chermoni #378968 Dec 4th, 2013 at 03:15 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Bright and sun shiny today after last night's rain. But the temps probably won't reach 50* today. I think I will make a pasta dish of some kind tonight. Other than mac n cheese. I do get tired of that but Ted loves it so much so we have it often. It is also the only way I can sneak vegetables into his diet. But I will have mama mac tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #378969 Dec 4th, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tree not up yet--I have done some cleaning instead.

After I write out some bills I need to go to the grocery as I want staples in the house incase we get the ice that is suppoosed to be coming to the south instead of the snow they say we will get--

Sunny for you Tina ? good deal !!!
Enjoy the "Momma Mac"...Moms have favorites too, after all...

________

chermoni #378970 Dec 4th, 2013 at 04:45 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone. Sunny but cold here. We're experiencing below freezing temps which is very cold for us. Catching up on a couple shows before I have to get ready for work.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #378976 Dec 4th, 2013 at 08:13 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
It must be going to be bad here tomorrow & Friday--
My DH said he would take me to my daughters on Friday (if she had school) so I could watch my grandson & then he would take the Blazer to work, and then he wants to use the Blazer tomorrow as well.

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. why

________

chermoni #378977 Dec 4th, 2013 at 08:15 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi Cheryl and all,

We are really cold here..8* right now...we are going to have a week or so of very cold weather they said.
Carrie and I went out and did some Christmas shopping... it is snowing and cold but only so many days to get it done... going to finish up the rest next week... will finish decorating tonight I think... got to get all the containers out of my family room... I am freezing.. going to makes some hot chocolate... then get busy with finishing the decorating...

Have a good evening all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #378979 Dec 4th, 2013 at 08:24 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
BRRRRRR just reading that made me cold, Nana. You are right about the "only so many days to get it done"

________

chermoni #378987 Dec 4th, 2013 at 09:42 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
All of you keep safe in your icy stuff. I would not leave my home in those temps, I think. I rarely did even in my younger days when I lived in the northeast.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #378996 Dec 4th, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I am like that too, Tina--I always have been..however the morning is supposed to be good--sad part is Rod has a full -sized truck (Silverado) & I dont know if I can even get it out of the garage to go see my sister in the morning---so I guess I might stay home--we shall see.

________

chermoni #378997 Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Me too Carol... don't drive in this stuff ... Carrie will have to take the boys tomorrow morning.. they haven't plowed our hill yet...or sanded roads anywhere close.. Carrie has 4wheel drive and so does Joe in the Tahoe.. I will finish decorating tomorrow and clean up and make dinner...the rest of the family does too... couldn't live here with out it for sure...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #378998 Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Our Blazer has 4 Wheel Drive too...(that is why Rod is taking it to work the next 2 days)...but I still do not like to be out on ice...Snow is ok,-----if it is not packed down hard.

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image