Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #379666 Jan 5th, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
very cold here--officially -7 actual weather.

My DH stayed home, and I am so glad---Retirement is NOT going to be fun---he wants to be busy about 24/7. And when I say he wants to be busy, I mean he wants US to be busy 24-7.

Washing clothes as we speak---and I have bacon out of the freezer for supper--He is already eyeing the left-over casserole for breakfast---I will have him eat the rest for lunch---yep, not looking forward to retirement.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #379667 Jan 6th, 2014 at 04:04 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is too cold. I hope Mother Nature turns up the thermostat a bit for you. Retirement can be a struggle, Carol. John was a very active person. He wasn't too happy with my way of spending my time and energy even before he retired. I kept explaining that I wake with so much energy to spend in a day. And I have to budget it. And leave some for the evenings of cleaning up after dinner, bathing kidlets and getting them off to bed, etc. When he finished his labors, he would sit in front of the tube until he collapsed into bed, pretty much. Unless it was cold, then he also tended to the fires.
But he never quite got it completely. I pointed out that he blew out his rotator cuffs and could no longer pick up his own baby son. He got that. But he only truly understood after he got ill. He had to budget his energy more carefully then. He began to appreciate me more.
After he retires,he can take over the things you spend time doing for his mother, maybe. He might just appreciate you then.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #379668 Jan 6th, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina: Bless you for your kind words. I can hope he appreciates me, but I am thinking not. I dont think he "gets it either"--(if he does not actually see me do something, to his notion I have not done anything.) Basically he is a throw-back to when the man ruled the roost--said "jump" & the wife said "how-high", so he is not being mean--he just thinks that is how it should be---(I however do not think like that)
His mom "obeyed" and I guess he saw that & thinks that is how it should be--- rolz

I will say when we were raisng the girls, he did not go against what I thought was best & he often complimented me on how well I was raising them. So there is that....

Also you should know, I am a complainer from way back---but once I do, I am generally "over-it" & so you should not be too concerned--I still appreciate your kind words and your support.

________

afgreyparrot #379670 Jan 6th, 2014 at 06:08 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I can only stand Johnny at home for a day at a time. I can't imagine having him around every day. I keep him a list to keep him out of my hair. Junie he's like your husband in that he wants US to do this and that. He doesn't even want to go out with his son or his daughter unless I go. I don't understand that because I'm fine being by myself. I don't care if he goes places with me or not. If he doesn't want to go I tell him to stay home. Men are strange.

Bestofour #379672 Jan 6th, 2014 at 07:08 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
idea
Think as they mature they return to infancy.........LOL snooz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
afgreyparrot #379673 Jan 6th, 2014 at 07:22 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I figure that you have been with him long enough to understand the workings. But if he retires soon, you may have to retrain, is all.
I am done for the day. We are having soup and sandwiches for dinner. So that will be easy. I'm thinking a nap about now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379674 Jan 6th, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
What with all of that Milk, bread, eggs talk, I decided to make french toast & bacon for supper. Luckily I always keep some bacon in the freezer.

It was easy & quite yummy indeed.

I am just about done too---I think a lie down on the couch is in order.

________

JunieGirl #379676 Jan 6th, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri, Barb, & Tina: yep--what you all say is true..Esp what Dodge says...

Sheri--no he is not trying to have us do "together" I might think that is cute---he wants me to strip down this house to bare essentials, as in if you do not need it on Monday never mind about tuesday--(then nothing is replaced unless it is broke beyond repair)and my keepsakes are not necessary items to keep) & then keep it sparkly clean, and cook him 3 nice meals a day...and oh, in my spare time--doing what else he wants done..(like making sure his mom is taken care of & he does not have to be inconvenienced).........AND then when I have it all empty looking IF he wants some item, I should pull it out of thin air immediately for his use...(his mom had storage in her basement out the wazoo when he was growing up & had a mind like a steel trap---so when he or his dad wanted an item she went to get it, BUT the house was stark in appearance.) I have a poor memory at best.

Did I mention I should get up at 5am with him & go to bed at 8pm---not gonna happen--yep, men are strange--like I said Mine is a throwback & is a generation "off" he should have been born when his Daddy was...

Thank the 3 of you so very much.

________

afgreyparrot #379677 Jan 6th, 2014 at 02:12 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams everyone. And keep warm.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379678 Jan 6th, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes, everyone keep warm...

Just now I let the dog out for the last time. Rod shoveled a place for him to go potty just off the front porch. Well, when I tried to shut the door it would not shut right or lock--long story short, there was ice on the door jamb. Luckily I was able to remove said ice & the door locked. shewinks

Poor Dante cannot use his ramp that Rod made for him that goes off the deck, so he can go out to go potty --the snow is so deep that even if Rod cleared it for him he could not safely walk around to the front of the house to come in....sadly Dante will not walk back up the ramp... why...if he would it would be ever so much easier for him to go out & go potty.

night night everyone--sweet dreams

________

afgreyparrot #379679 Jan 6th, 2014 at 10:43 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope every one is remaining warm.
You make me glad that we have ramps all over outdoors and my dog grew up with them. I don't have to teach him new tricks. The ramps were put in for multipurposes. We had friends in wheelchairs and it made it easier to haul wood inside in wheelbarrows. Being on a hillside our house is close to the ground on one side but not so much on the other.
I woke before my alarm today. I like that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379680 Jan 6th, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
-14 this am
First every in my days.. However my house stay warm at 70º

Is up to -9 now at 9:51

Gosh that so cold , I stayed in for 2 days an was glad I traveled sunday at 44º

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #379681 Jan 6th, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning.

Barb, it sounds like you are a day behind me. Here, Saturday it was at least 40...All this silliness began on Saturday, over night. Right now it is - 8. The wind chill factor is much worse, I am sure. In the house I will be staying, well except for going out & sitting in my new car to figure it out.

I sure wish I could go out to the shed to find my rubber floor mats..

Have a good morning everyone--I am off to make some coffee. BRRRRR it's cold.

________

JunieGirl #379682 Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
why

- 8 now.. is to go to 3 today..lol
Whoops I missed when you got a new car??????Cant be all bad if you got a new one?
Was it Christmas one?

What color an kind?
Hope it cheers you up, some. You probably run the legs off he other one with all the errands..Does Rod do any of your errands/

Keeps you out of trouble..LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #379683 Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well really Barb, you did not miss it---I had put that I got one on FaceBook so my girls & sister would know----
Yes, Saturday, we went out & bought a new car..
It is a 2014 Silver Chevy Cruse--the one that is smaller yet than the Malibu. Rod picked the car & I picked the color,,so THAT picked the options, as he told me there would be no ordering a car.
It seats 4 I think--(don't know for sure yet if the back seat seats 2 or 3. But yes, we ran the Blazer to death. More so when the girls were in school than now really, as I had to drive them to & from school 20 miles each way--not to mention school events & MY errands, etc. That car served us well.

BUT it was time. And yes I had not had Rod buy me my Christmas gift yet, as I could not make up my mind, so this was it-- lol WE should have waited until AFTER the snow storm though--for sure...

and no Rod does very few if any of my errands--when he comes home from his Mom's he is frustrated--so I just say, well now you know why I am out of humor some days when you come home...

and yes, it keeps me out of trouble.

Tina: The ramp--when Rod made it it was very wide, & Dante would have probably learned to use it straight away. BUT it was too steep for Dante's old mind to use, so Rod cut the ramp in half down the middle & while it made the incline more managable, it is half as wide--so he must watch walking down, & so he will not use it walking up.

________

JunieGirl #379684 Jan 7th, 2014 at 01:16 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
flwr
Carol
Very nice chevy.. I just googled it . Better gas mileage I suppose.
Lots of stuff to play with ..Map an all.. Enjoy it Carol. Congrats are in order.
You deserve that for sure. Keep your humor.

An chase winter away. clap
dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #379685 Jan 7th, 2014 at 02:12 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Barb, it does look nice
--and no, I could have had the maps, but Rod said no-- I do not think he understood it...perhaps when he calms down about the payments (this summerI think) I will ask him install it.

yes about 10 more miles per gallon--and I have yet to play with it--it is so cold out that I cannot make myself do it. I am washing the rugs to go on the trunk floor now though. I will do what I can until it warms up---I do not have to drive it until next thursday, so I have time..

________

afgreyparrot #379686 Jan 7th, 2014 at 04:27 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You will be buzzing all over in that after the snow melts, Carol. I hope you enjoy it. By maps, do you mean a GPS of some sort? They're very easy to get used to. My van did not come with one but I have a TomTom unit I can carry around with me. When I drive in unfamiliar places, I love when it tells me my exit is coming up and which lane to be in.
Our temps are dropping as the day wears on. I may be lighting a fire by nightfall. I haven't lit the stove for a few days now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379687 Jan 7th, 2014 at 05:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes, Tina a GPS type--this car has a screen. I think it would be a wonderful idea--but as I say, when he sees it is really alright to have payments We can talk about that.

someone said it was going to be 50 by Sunday---(hope they are right)---so the snow will soon go away-- clap

________

afgreyparrot #379688 Jan 7th, 2014 at 07:09 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
p time for this old lady.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379689 Jan 7th, 2014 at 07:38 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
My sis drives one of those with a screen gps an temp.. an backup an all that jazz.. Didn't know they all cost extra.. I have a Garmin gps.....plug in.
My winter care is 2000..LOL only 14
My summer one is 2008 so not bad at all........
Truck is 2002.. Son has it .

If they run I don't complain..

Less insurance on older ones I think.. Gas mileage isn't bad on the 2000.. Around 30

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #379691 Jan 7th, 2014 at 07:53 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes, my DH is going to get a surprise--I said something about the insurance going up--he thinks since as the cars got older & the insurance didnt go down that it should stay the same now, well no.

Rod's truck is a late model 2007..the Blazer was a 2000.
It was time to trade.

________

JunieGirl #379692 Jan 7th, 2014 at 08:57 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
why
Strange he thinks that way..Our state it goes up for new ones.. Full liability on them.
However it is cheaper if you do have more than one insured on the same page. I have 3.

I always hated the payment books on them.. Seems like a zillion dollars more after you get the book.
However one needs them if they are going places.

kilroy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image