Tina #379773 Jan 12th, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--Warm is wonderful.

You can see about 98% of the ground around here now. hifive

It is going to be in the mid 40's today. And it was warmer yesterday.

Going today to run some errands & then also I need to go to Wal-mart to try to buy a pre-quilted stamped baby b;lanket like I did for my other Daughter. This one has to have a farm scene on it. I should have bought it when I saw it before--oh well...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #379774 Jan 13th, 2014 at 01:32 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Good Luck with finding the quilt for the new baby Carol, I hate it when I know I should have gotten something when I first see it and then can't find it again...
Joe took 2 of the boys to school .. Derek didn't want to go but Carrie will try and talk him into going - hope he does... he needs to go.... just so hard to get him to realize he is fine once he gets there... anxiety in a kid is horrible!
Well guess I will go start breakfast for hubby now and maybe Derek... pancakes , sausage and eggs... then grocery shopping will need to get done too... hate to go out it is windy here too- not really cold just chilly.... our snow has mostly melted here too- but it is snowing in mtns so who knows....

Well off to cook......

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #379775 Jan 13th, 2014 at 03:30 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can find your quilt, Carol.
I got Ted to school then stopped at two different stores on my way home. I have one more to go to before I pick Teddy up from school. Then I should be done for a day or two. Trying to decide what will be for dinner tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #379779 Jan 13th, 2014 at 08:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nana, Tina: I found my quilt !!!! It is an "Old McDonald" scene. Also last night I found some fleece on e-bay that has a scene of a farm on it. It will make the perfect backing !!!!

Thanks to both of you for your well wishes. I am sure it helped.

________

Tina #379782 Jan 13th, 2014 at 09:41 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Carol,
Yay! perfect for your quilt... always nice when things work out the way they should.... !

We got out shopping done today and now we have boys for a while... fed them and they played outside for a little while but it's getting windy and cold so they came in now..

I found a perfect fleece throw to use for the weighted blanket for Nicoli too... dark brown so it will match the one I have already... and be nice and soft too... and a little bigger so it will self bind the other side... make it so much easier to put together... and best of all it was only 5 bucks...

Well off to get boys ready to go home... Carrie will be off work soon- making tuna burgers tonight for dinner so need to get that started too... making Spanish rice to go with ... and some veggie too... I am hungry so it will be soon...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #379784 Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks again Nana. I too bought a fleece blanket for the back of my quilt--It is red and I will use it IF I cannot get the backing that I want from e-bay or if it does not fit. Iy was $2.88. Sounds as if the boys have a great time at your house--good for them & good for you!!!

________

Tina #379788 Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Been having a battle royal with my computer tonight. But I am in now.
Both of your quilts sound lovely, Ladies. I saw an afghan yesterday that made me wish my hands still worked.
I can hardly wait until bedtime. Ted and I ended up with peanut butter and bananas for dinner tonight. It was what sounded good to both of us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379792 Jan 13th, 2014 at 01:12 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I guess I've had my head in the sand or maybe the clouds because I thought Obamacare would really help. I know one person who didn't have insurance and was excited about signing up only to find it was still cost prohibitive for her but I thought that was an isolated case. Not so. Since Saturday I've had 2 friends, one a widow, the second a married friend, tell me that their individual policies were cancelled because of Obamacare. My widow friend has signed up through Healthcare.gov but hasn't received any information about how to use it if she gets sick. I thought it was supposed to start 1/1/14.

Tina, do you have arthritis in your hands? Peanut butter is a good meal any time.

Nana, what ya cooking?

Tina #379793 Jan 13th, 2014 at 02:23 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Sheri,
Made tuna burgers, Spanish rice and broccoli for dinner... was really good.. and have a couple leftovers for lunch tomorrow... always a good thing... I got a BOGO on a couple pot roasts so am going to freeze one and cook one while I am at doc's office on Wed... since I probably won't feel much like cooking after- it will be done and ready to go that afternoon for dinner.. that and the stuff I have already done will be good if I don't feel for a while -they told me I may have my eye swollen for awhile afterward..

We did have a good time with the boys... they haven't been here in a while so they enjoyed it more I think... I had put all our old VHS movies away - they hadn't watched any of them in a long time ... they noticed they were gone out of family room and asked about them-- didn't want to watch them, just noticed the change... trying to slowly get rid of stuff we don't use or haven't used in yrs...

Well off to bed soon...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #379797 Jan 13th, 2014 at 09:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri: I am sad to hear that about The healthcare--but I am not surprised.
I have heard it is just really a money making scheme. That it will be cheaper for people to pay the penalty each year than to buy the insurance. Bad thing there is, that AFTER spending the money, one will still have no insurance...
I am also sad to hear that about people losing insurance coverage---While I hope it is not so, it sounds as if many companies will be doing this---why would they want to help pay for coverage that the governemnt is making you get on your own, plus I think that the coverage has to be at a certain level, or the government will make a company improve the policies?...so I guess the opetion for them is to discontinue offering coverage ???
I have been holding my breath waiting to see what my DH's company was going to do. It has only been one pay period but so far so good, we still have insurance thru them.

Just now on the news, a story said that not enough "young" people have not signed up for the New healthcare & so rates are much higher than they had first thought. Another sad commentary.

Today is tuesday but I get to take my MIL to the Drs today instead of ceramkics, which would be the forst one since the 17th of December. Rod had the nerve to ask me WHY I made the appt for today---yea right----I had no choice, that is why---I think my MIL waits until she knows I have something else to do and then wants me to do soemthing. And no this was not a sudden thing---THAT I could understand. This could have been done at any time.

Anyway, "Good Morning" everyone. breakfast
I wish everyone a great day !!!!!

________

Tina #379798 Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am so sorry you are missing ceramics, Carol.
Yes, Sheri. I have had arthritis in my hands since I was 18, slowly corroding. I have also in my feet for a few years and, more lately, in my knees. It is livable. I just have to modify what I do or how I do it. I can forecast when the weather is going to change.
Happy Tuesday to all. It will be another regular day. I like regular days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #379799 Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Carol
Don't play her game......She needs a shrink mostly.
I would pull one on her an go to ceramics an say I forgot..LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #379802 Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
You know I would Barb, & I think you are right---BUT then I would have to deal with her son & THAT I do not care to do.

AND some of this is, he DH was a man that would not pay much attention to her either---I think this is her way of getting attemtion. And since she has done it this way so long it is second nature to her. rolz

But thanks for thinking of me barb....

________

Tina #379806 Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Nana are you having a face lift? neener You must cook your roast in the crock pot. I do too. Thank goodness for the crock pot. I can remember my mother cooking them in the oven in foil. I think she still does. Come to think of it I don't think my mother even owns a crock pot.

We had a bunch of old VHS kiddie movies that Johnny took and had put on DVD's for Colt. My children don't have a VHS player. Our equipment is old I guess because we have a VHS-DVD player all in one.

Junie, 2 of the friends I mentioned had private policies. They don't work and one is a widow so she's no longer on her husbands company plan, and the other doesn't work and her husband is in business for himself. The 1st person works full time at a school but she's on what's called an interim basis which means no benefits - so actually I guess she would be considered having a private policy too. I think it's private policies that were cancelled. I'm not sure about company policies.

Juniegirl, are you the only person who can do for your MIL? How old is she? Can you reason with her? One of my sisters had a lunatic mother in law who drove her crazy.

Tina, sorry about your arthritis. Have you tried the IV infusions that seem to help a lot of people? I don't know anything about them but I know my ex husband does and it helps a lot.

Tina #379809 Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:50 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

LOL! no facelift for me... have a basal cell growth right under my right eye.. half an inch under.. had the biopsy last month so they are going to remove skin till they don't find any more bad cells.. may take one time - maybe more- told me to bring snacks and a good book and my laptop if I want - they have wifi... hubby is going with me cause it will swell and impair my vision before they are done... and to do food runs if necessary... it's at 7:30 am so have to get up really early to get there on time.. it's snowing here today so that will make it even more fun to get there on time tomorrow....

I have to figure out how to order my scrips today.. new insurance- have to do mail order scrips on4 different meds now... fun! NOT! hate calling doc offices and changing things.. but hopefully they realize it's they way they are making me do it now, and I won't be the last to change I bet.

We have 3 VHS players still.. 2 of them are the double with the dvd players too.. kids have bluerays at home so they don't have VHS players anymore either... hubby likes the tapes so until the ones he likes are replaced with dvd's or he finds them all on Netflix he will keep them... they are slowing being eaten as they get old...

Well off to get something done .. don't know what yet....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #379810 Jan 14th, 2014 at 04:22 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good luck, Nana. I did that with John with his nose. Squamous cells, I think.
No, Sheri. I have not had infusions of anything, ever. I have never taken this issue to a doctor since my teens. I just alter what I do as I can and live with it. I do use aspirin on particularly nasty days. It helps and I'm not overdoing that.
I have my new modem in and working. Yay! It is not making my computer any faster. I knew it wouldn't.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #379812 Jan 14th, 2014 at 06:17 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
You know I would Barb, & I think you are right---BUT then I would have to deal with her son & THAT I do not care to do.

AND some of this is, he DH was a man that would not pay much attention to her either---I think this is her way of getting attemtion. And since she has done it this way so long it is second nature to her. rolz

But thanks for thinking of me barb....

So sorry carol.......Smile it will make her wonder what your up to.
Why does she go so often/

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #379813 Jan 14th, 2014 at 06:28 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri: My MIL is 93. We should allbe in as good of shape at her age...BUT as I said, she "learned" how to get her way over the years with her DH & so now she just does it this way. And I am IT...My DH is working full time---and his brother lives in St Clairsville, OH. Mind you he is never at his home They are retired & are many times at either of their 2 children's houses.--They have 5 grandchildren total that they love spending time with. he does come to visit periodically now & check to see that I am not robbing his mom blind though. teach rolz
Then he is the wonderful one for taking
his mom to have the wax cleaned out of her ears.

I had 3 VRC players. The one I was using broke so now I am using one & have one spare. I also have a cheap DVD player.

________

JunieGirl #379814 Jan 14th, 2014 at 08:34 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
YAY !!

Luke's coming to visit. His Daddy has a meeting !!!!
hifive shewinks

________

JunieGirl #379815 Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:08 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
clap angel flwr thumbup party

Hooray Lukie saved the day...........

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina #379816 Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:16 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
A Luke visit should be quite nice. I'm so happy for you.
I am done for the day and in for the day. I have bits and pieces in the fridge to clean out for dinner. I want to empty it to start fresh.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379817 Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Wonder what the GRemlin is doing lately.. No sign of him here. Hope his Christmas was nice.. Maybe he got a new women again??

clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #379818 Jan 14th, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Wonder what the GRemlin is doing lately.. No sign of him here. Hope his Christmas was nice.. Maybe he got a new women again??

clap
:snicker: not sure how to take about the "again" portion of that lol...

Both kiddos and my mom where really sick last week and are on the mend this week; I'm horribly sick this week as a result lol... Take care of everyone, get sick, carry on lol.

We took family photos on Sunday, when I was just starting to get really sick and the kids where just starting to feel better; I'll post them a little later when the room stops spinning round and round...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #379821 Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Sorry ole buddy.. No revenge meant. Sorry your all sick, yes do get well an show us your families.
Guess the flu is everywhere. I think that's the bad part of being Parents.. When they are sick you get it too.
However it makes being well more exciting. LOL

Have a good week.
Just miss your chatter.

dodge luv

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina #379823 Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We managed to miss the flu here, so far. Stay far, far away from me. And get well soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379824 Jan 14th, 2014 at 01:54 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
So far we have all missed the flu here as well.

Luke was a corker tonight. He remembered his grandpa showed him his truck, but while he would point to the garage door & say truck--he really didn't want to go out & sit in it

he is such a sweetie, but I am SOOOO very glad that I had girls....That sweet little boy NEVER stops moving.

G'nite everyone--sweet dreams.

________

Tina #379829 Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I taught Trey how to make sandwiches on his own, so he's being my little helper this week lol...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #379830 Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin
I taught Trey how to make sandwiches on his own, so he's being my little helper this week lol...

Good idea !!!!

________

Tina #379832 Jan 14th, 2014 at 07:19 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
An earthquake woke me at 1:30 am. Had to look it up to see how big/close it was. a 4.4 about 4 miles south of me. It was fun.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379833 Jan 14th, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
An earthquake woke me at 1:30 am. Had to look it up to see how big/close it was. a 4.4 about 4 miles south of me. It was fun.

Oh My Goodness.

How are things now, Tina ????

Well today I awoke at 6am. I sure wish I could sleep.

Today the glass repair company is going to come by & put a new windshield into Rod's Truck...So it is a stay at home day.

To that end I have so far bought a piece of "farmall" fleece for my quilt's back. And then I arranged to have an e-card sent to my brother for his Birthday.

________

Gremelin #379836 Jan 15th, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin

Cool now he cam help you.

Carol
Glad Luke had fun at yours .. luv

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina #379837 Jan 15th, 2014 at 01:38 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. The week is half over already.
There was no damage here from the quake. A grocery store that I do shop at occasionally was sitting right on top of the quake and suffered some things falling off the shelves. I don't think the cleanup delayed their opening at all. It was a moderate quake.
I does keep life exciting.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379838 Jan 15th, 2014 at 02:16 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks so much, Barb--& yep, he sure gives us a good time.

Tina: I am so glad that you didnt have any damage from your quake. clap

________

Tina #379839 Jan 15th, 2014 at 04:21 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
I hope all is well...

Tina #379841 Jan 15th, 2014 at 07:33 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
All is well. It did get the whole family up in the night. My older son was staying over in the treehouse. He came into the house to see if we were all well. Ted decided that it was a good time for a soda since he was awake. Life is good though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379861 Jan 16th, 2014 at 01:14 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I have some kind of killer virus. I guess that's what it is. Since yesterday afternoon my stomach has been intermittently severely cramping to the point that it bends me double. Then it stops and I'm ok til the next time. It woke me up 4 or 5 times in the night. No fever, no vomiting. Just excruciating pain.

Tina #379863 Jan 16th, 2014 at 01:51 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh Sheri... hope you feel better soon.... that is a nasty bug you have....

I am doing okay... the procedure turned out a little more extensive than they first thought- took 2 tries to get it all.. and 2 incisions to close it- one under my eye and one down the side of my nose about 2 inches.. they had to pull up tissue to close what they removed- thing had roots to they removed a lot the second time... about 20 stitches to close it up... bandage covers my whole cheek and is a pain.. my eye is bruising- and so is my cheek - the part I can see- won't be going out in public , look like someone beat me.... my eye is half closed too so vision is impaired some too.. Joe took the day off today- cause I can't see to well, and can't bend.. so not doing much besides the comp and my ipad... good thing I cooked food ahead....LOL!

Have a good day all...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Bestofour #379864 Jan 16th, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh my, so sorry Sheri. I had a NO fever virus myself-- Doing better now---I hope yours does not last long.

Oops, Nana & I were posting at the same time.

Nana: Please take care & I hope you heal fast & completley. Also glad that your DH was able to stay home to help. That means a lot.

________

Tina #379865 Jan 16th, 2014 at 03:50 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad the procedure is over, Nana. I hope it heals up quickly.
Sheri, take care of yourself. I hate those kind of cramps.
I am having a day of it today, already. But dinner is in the crock so tonight should be easy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #379866 Jan 16th, 2014 at 06:11 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Dinner is in my slow cooker too, Tina. Well except for the noodles that will go in my chicken & vegetables. We are having Chicken & Noodles.

I hope your evening is better, Tina.

I thought to begin embroidering my quilt today--Well, First I have to seperate my floss--then "try" to match colors as they are not all together as they have been in the past---After I get that chore done, I will need to "decide" what colors are what--it seems they went to black & white on their schematic/diagram because it was more "cost effective". "Some" of the colors are DMC so I was able to match a very few---but DMC must have changed their color names--I have quite a lot of floss but only 3 matched color numbers.

IF I ever finish matching up colors & putting them away in small bags that I will have to lable, then I am suppoosed to soak many of the dark colors in water & vinegar so they will NOT bleed---I never in 40 years have I had to do THAT. This is the LAST Bucilla crib quilt that I am ever going to make. I guess they are like many other things & are making their products cheaper. I will have 16 hours into preparing to embroider before I even start to work on it.

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,877
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image