Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #380241 Jan 30th, 2014 at 09:07 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hi everyone, been so busy don,t even know where to start. Pecans still dropping here and selling for 75cents a pound. so I'm outside when I can stand the weather, picking up pecans.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Tina #380242 Jan 30th, 2014 at 09:25 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi, Belinda. I am glad you have some options to earn money. That is very cool.
I hope Joe is OK, Sherri.
I am doing an easy dinner tonight. I cut up some potatoes and am baking home made fries. Grilled cheese sandwiches and I want to finish up my salad makings before they go bad. Simple

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Bestofour #380243 Jan 30th, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Carol, why do you set an alarm clock?

well I no longer fix my husbands lunch in the morning I make it at night. (He likes sitting by himself in the am anyway)

BUT I do have places I have to go---Usually I have to get up to take my MIL to some Dr or another....BUT like today I had to first go to my MIL's set up her pills & then go to my sister's & clean her house. and OH!! On tuesdays I get ujp ealry to go to Ceramics---well, when I am not taking my MIL somewhere...

and most inportant before I do anywhere, I have to make sure there is supper ready or at least ready for me to cook quickly. Rod is far from understanding when it comes to his meals.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #380244 Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:34 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad the demanding man in my life is sweet Teddy. But even John was agreeable about meal times. And was quite capable of fixing something for himself when he was hungry.
Sweet dreams all. I am getting ready to head to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #380245 Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:35 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Ok so I made my DD some sugar cookie dough to take to her for her "january" installment of Dessert of the Month Christmas Gift.

I am going to watch Luke tomorrow---good times shewinks thumbup

________

Tina #380246 Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:37 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Cookie dough is a wonderful gift, Carol. Have fun with Luke tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380247 Jan 30th, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. My rain dances are working. Or something is. Everything got a bit of a rinse off last night. Happy Friday to all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380248 Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
I am really glad I don't have to go out to work when it's like this- it's 18* right now and we got about 8 inches of wet snow last night- Joe was fine- I looked at clock wrong and thought it said 5 it was 4 , so dinner was done really early... good thing it was easily warmed up... senior moment! LOL! the snow will start again this afternoon they say.. just enough to make the drive home for most people like the drive in was... Joe left and hour early to make it on time- and he goes 6 miles...

I think I will make a stew for dinner... and start the bread machine to have that with it... need a good warm meal when it is so cold... may even make a batch of pancakes .. just sounds good to me today..

Have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380249 Jan 31st, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Your dinner does sound good and warming, Nana. I haven't decided yet what we are having. When I cannot decide we usually end up with a pasta based casserole or one pot meal. The kids are not fond of rice too much. (I am not sure they are my kids because I love the stuff).

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380250 Jan 31st, 2014 at 08:33 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well didn't get the bread machine going so will have cornbread with the stew... Derek and I shoveled the driveway , didn't want Joe to do it and he would have .. it wasn't to heavy yet so went fairly fast... now it is snowing again and weather man said it could come down at and inch an hour... that's a lot of snow by morning if it doesn't stop... so hoping it does...

Derek is doing well on his new meds... the adjusted his dosage and added a couple others .. school is trying to find a para for him to have during the day to help him feel safe.. this is his ongoing anxiety about going to school... he can't make himself go but they are working on modifying his schedule to help him cope... and to help Carrie get him tested for a real diagnosis for his disability.. with that they will have to allocate money just for him... so hope they will do it soon... She got Nicoli an apt with the neurologist too next month so maybe they can come up with a better treatment for him.... she is under so much stress the dentist told her she is grinding her teeth... hopefully if they come up with some solutions for her that will lesson her stress..

Well off to fold my towels I forgot I had in dryer... so have a good evening... I am staying in with my book to read and tv to watch... it's supposed to get even colder tonit....brrrrr!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380251 Jan 31st, 2014 at 09:20 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry you have the snow and cold, Nana. But I am not unhappy about snow in our parts of the Sierras. It is so needed. California farms are beginning to hurt a lot.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380252 Jan 31st, 2014 at 09:35 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The News just reported on how the whole state of cali is in trouble when it comes to water--- egad So sorry for you all.

Had a nice day today...well except that Luke does not stop, at all, ever....I am so very glad that I had girls---I love that little guy but he exhausts me.

To get freezing rain tonight & snow tomorrow. rolz I so want spring to get here... tapfoot

________

Tina #380253 Jan 31st, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

I am not unhappy about the snow- just wish it would keep it in the mtns... but glad hubby is off the next 9 days .. it will be cold all week so we can take boys to school...

The stew came out really good... now I need to clean up the kitchen , and go get the roast chicken out of the freezer for tomorrow... make it with fresh herbs and some roasted taters with it... will make a good meal but easy ... Joe wants sub sandwiches and chips and guacamole for the Super Bowl game... I have some crab legs in the freezer I will cook up too... I have a movie to watch... Capt Phillips so boys can watch the game and I can watch my movie... I know it's our Broncos but I just don't watch sports... not my thing at all...

Well off to make some popcorn to eat while I finish watching Bones... have a good evening !

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380254 Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I will have the game on in hopes of good commercials. But I keep forgetting to watch them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380255 Jan 31st, 2014 at 02:05 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I think I will make some dip & hopefully I have crackers to go with it, or I may have to send Rod to the store---We will not watch the game, but one excuse is as good as another, right ???

Goodnight everyone--I am really tired...

________

Tina #380256 Jan 31st, 2014 at 02:30 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol. I am heading to bed too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380257 Jan 31st, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is cooler than yesterday. But no rain.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380258 Feb 1st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--I got to sleep today. YAY !! I did get the dishwasher filled & running already though.

I do think I am getting a cold..but hey...so be it I guess.

WE had a horrid wind/rain storm thingy this morning around 5:30-6:00. Now it is just raining--34*F outside...I wont know how much rain we got as the rain gauge is indoors for the winter--but oh well...

I guess I will embroider today.

________

Tina #380261 Feb 1st, 2014 at 03:25 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
We got another couple inches of snow.... And it is still coming down.... Would send you some Tina if I could... Man people here love it,me not so much...it is cold!

We slept in today... Vacation mode..... We will make a store run in a while for Super Bowl food....

I woke up today with my eye swollen a little so will take it easy today... So tired of doing nothing much...but will behave for awhile longer...maybe I will put rest of tax stuff together foe the tax man... He would be surprised if I got it to him before March.

well better go clean up kitchen and hit the showers...have a good day all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #380262 Feb 1st, 2014 at 04:07 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nana: Take care--I was worried when you said you went out & shoveled snow---I promise the work will wait, unfortunately. Take care of you first, PLEASE

I found all sorts of crib sheets in my basement--YAY for carol

________

Tina #380263 Feb 1st, 2014 at 04:56 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yay for Carol! I still have a couple of crib sheets and baby blankets. But my baby is only 19. I did give away most of them over the years.
Do take care, Nana. It is more shocking to your body than you realize.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380264 Feb 1st, 2014 at 05:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tina--

I have blankets too, but they are all little girl Blankets, I think---but I will be sure to go look at them soon to check. thumbup

________

Tina #380265 Feb 1st, 2014 at 08:23 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Carol,

LOL! I only have little boy blankets... guess I should send them all to you... have a couple I made still... maybe more... slowly trying to get rid of stuff we really don't need- did get hubby to agree to go thru some of the basement stuff and donate it... I mean do we need toys kids haven't played with in years?

I know I probably shouldn't have shoveled but didn't want Joe to have to do it... it wasn't heavy snow or I wouldn't have tried it.. today's snow is wet and heavy- .. so grandson is helping him do it... face feels better now- swelling does go down the longer I am upright.. guess I better try sleeping on the pillows again tonit...

I have almost all laundry done.. need to go update my accounting too... with Joe home I am "off" , don't know what to do with myself with him home...9 days -- wonder how crazy he will make me- he is confined indoors with snow and I have stuff to get done.... HELP!

Oh well I will survive... got to start planning his 60th birthday party- see if I can get the kids to help me surprise him... that would be fun... March 19... so I have some time to do this ....

Well off to see what I can do to the checkbooks...LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380266 Feb 1st, 2014 at 08:47 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I will say my baby boys used girl blankets and wore pink sometimes at home. No reason to waste good clothing.
My laundry is done. I will be stripping beds tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380267 Feb 1st, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina I agree with you, and my Oldest DD would agree too, BUT my other DD & both my SIL's do not feel that way---so no mixing & matching here--

I may well do beds tomorrow Tina--thanks for bringing it up for me, or elses I would have forgotten.

BUT I will use my crib sheets & my recieving blankets. In all honesty the blankets are orange & yellow. The big nicer blankets are pinks I think though--I will soon look at them.

Nana--The snow many have been light BUT you still had to look down & bend your head down to shovel...THERE-IN is the problem. Glad that you are not shoveling today---save shoveling for next winter....I am sure it will snow again then... teach

________

Tina #380268 Feb 1st, 2014 at 09:35 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Ginger still sleeps with the yellow blanket that started out as Shelley's and Shelley is 39 years old. It is so ragged that Ginger has to put it in a pillow case to wash it or it would get wrapped around the washing machine agitator.

Juniegirl, cookie dough is a wonderful gift and that Christmas present idea is a good idea.

Nana, don't be shoveling that driveway!!!!!

It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow but rain is coming.

Tina #380269 Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
For the most part, I was happy that none of my kids hooked up with a blanket, stuffed animal or pacifier or anything they could not live without. It made my life easier and them more adaptable, I think.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Bestofour #380270 Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
my =daughter who is going to be 34 this April did sleep with her blanket--But her husband must have stopped it because the last few times she has come I have not seen it--GRRRRRRRRRRR

The younger DD (she will be 27 this April), called me to ask where I had put "her" blanket..well Her blanket was her daddy's & she took it to California with her when her DH was sent there when he was active duty navy. And, as far as I know I have not seen it since. why

about the cookie dough. She asked for last yeart this a "Dessert of the Month" present. She gave me a list of 10 desserts and she got whichever I made, one each month. I decided on the 11th one & she said to not give her one in December (but of course I did)

This year I took acookie dough off of this years list for january.

with some of it she made a tubed beaker, an atom, a flat cup beaker and antoehr science one--i assume she will take them to school with her next week

________

Tina #380271 Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Okay ... I will not shovel anymore.... ! though we are to get more snow all week.... ground hog won't see his shadow here tomorrow for sure... we have about 10 inches altogether now.. and it is still coming down... Joe just told me weather man said our lows are to be 8* and 9* the next couple days... highs in teens... I am going to be reading a lot I guess...

Did all my bills.. good thing I looked .. was a couple hundred off in one checking acct and finally figured out I had put it in savings for safe keeping but didn't write it in... not good.. was to pay tax man... at least it's accounted for now....LOL!

Well laundry is almost done- I did my beds already ... Joe is making dinner... I should get off the comp and go get on my ipad and read I guess... not much else I can do or I will get yelled at here from hubby and all over the country from my "moms" LOL! but I love you all for caring!

Have a good evening all...
Nana
PS my son was hooked on his paci till he was almost 3.. but he was scared of my old Kirby vacuum then and it accidently "ate" it and he never asked for his paci again... none of my kids got hooked on the blankets though.. most of my grands did though... Carrie's boys still well except for Joseph and Timothy still want theirs when they don't feel good... even though they just keep them in their beds ... it's a comfort thing I guess...

Last edited by Nana's15; Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:15 AM.

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #380274 Feb 1st, 2014 at 01:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well, Nana your "Moms" care about you. truth be told you probably not have been making a bed either why......
Just what rules were you given if I may ask ???

Just take care---This is your eyes, and you want to be able to see well (gotta come here & see us after all)

I did that money thing too Nana. I thought I had a few hundred in cash & I di dnot--THEN only after panicking did I remember that I had put it in the bank...LOL

Bless Joe--tell him your "moms" are very pleased with him for that.

________

Tina #380276 Feb 1st, 2014 at 01:37 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
LOL! I will tell Joe... he is very good to me and the bed is fairly high- he helped make it ;; did the bending part.. I just spread the sheets and blankets .. I promise...

Well it it going on ten and I need to hit my pillows... been trying to sleep longer... and it helps if I go to bed earlier- which I find weird but it works for me....

Nite all

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380280 Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I think the groundhog will see his shadow here in Socal. I am chilly this morning. I had to rekindle my fire.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380281 Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
No shadow seeing here, I am sure--but oh well.

Icy & a small layer of snow on the roads.... rolz

It will be a fireplace kind of day today.

________

Tina #380282 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 04:48 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning...

Was up early- didn't sleep much though.. was awakened at 2 am by some idiot who decided holding down his horn was a good idea... that was after I couldn't fall asleep till midnight.. then didn't go back to sleep till about 4... and woke up at 7 anyway- got a lot done though- finished folding clothes, did a load of towels.. and folded them too... made a big batch of pancakes... and cleaned up kitchen... haven't hit my shower yet though... it's cold here too but sunny- any ground hog dumb enough to come out of his hole would definitely see his shadow today- so guess it will stay winter ...

I have my movie ready to go , I don't watch football... and yes I know I am in Bronco country... that's all that's on tv for the last week or so... Joe and Matthew will watch... I have Capt Phillips all ready for my DVD player ..

I am not to happy with my next door neighbor- he put his trash can right behind grandson's truck- our truck is in front of it parked on street so he has to back up to get out.. trash company wants it on sidewalk not street- no one else puts theirs in street- then he got upset when grandson hit it and knocked it over- he has big dodge truck- he didn't even see it he said.. but he did go over and tell him he was sorry... so neighbor puts trash can outside again.. on street right behind his truck... does the man never learn..? and its not even trash day! this guy is such a phoney...wanted me to pick up his kid ever day at school with our boys but told him I didn't have room in my car.. our boys can't stand his kid.. he is 12 and acts like he is 4 .. if he doesn't get his way he won't play...has to be the boss ... so our boys won't play with him anymore... the man knows this way would he expect me to give him rides... ? okay rant over - I need a nap...

Well off to find something else to do.. should dust my bedroom... see what else I can do without bending over...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380284 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 05:41 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
My bedding is cleaned and back on the beds. I have a load of random rugs and bathmats in now. Kitchen floor is swept and mopped.
Nana, There is nothing on TV that I want to watch. I will be popping Ted into his bath early to take advantage of as much heat as we are to get today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380289 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 09:17 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I was sewing away & Rod told me I was wearing his 5X magnifiers for too long a time--so I had to stop for a break.

Now he is trying to fix the shelf in my guest coat closet..This is going to be a long night...

________

Tina #380290 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 09:34 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
What is wrong with the shelf in the closet, Carol?
We are all cleaned up and ready for the week. Dinner is simple, Baked potatoes stuffed with all sorts of leftovers. Other leftover sides. Ted is having a sandwich for his as he doesn't eat like a normal person.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380299 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 03:27 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
weeeeell, I thought the builder had not installed the shelf/coat rack into studs, as they kept falling down. Rod finally looked at it tonight & fixed my problem---which was the shelf was cut at a wrong place & so it was flimsy & would not hold up. He re-welded the one end & repaired it, so it was strong--& so far so good.

I LOVE stuffed baked potatoes, Tina. Just reading that made me hungry.

Going to bed now--night night...

________

Tina #380301 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Up before my alarm again. It looks like we didn't get any of the rain that swept through in some areas last night. Maybe later this week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380302 Feb 2nd, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning---soon to go return some clothing---then I will be headed to my MIL's to take her to her Drs. check-up. Bust day...

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image