Patriot
10k Posts
even has a ladder going up the silo.

Tina #380483 Feb 10th, 2014 at 01:20 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
So pretty.. I know this is a labor of love but boy you are working hard on this quilt... it's beautiful... I used to embroider.. my hands won't let me anymore- gives me such cramps in my fingers and palms... just not fun anymore.. my oldest does cross stitch.. calls it making x's.. I never did cross but she has fun doing it...

Joe cooked burgers for us tonit.. were really good and now I am more than ready to go to bed... it's chilly tonit but not as cold as it has been... still have snow on the ground - just not getting warm enough to melt it all... I went back and forth watching boys today for Carrie- Timba still has a sore throat- will be going to doc tomorrow- and Nicoli had a bad night so he stayed home too- he felt better this afternoon so hoping he can go tomorrow- Derek school is working on making him homebound again- his teacher from last yr quit doing it but Carrie emailed her and she is willing if school will hire her again to do it just for him... they got along well so we hope they will okay it and he will actually catch up with his work now...

Well I am heading to the kitchen to clean it up and then to bed ... so nite all...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #380485 Feb 10th, 2014 at 02:46 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, Sheri: Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks Nana. I try to rest my hands betwen times..

I hope your boys all begiun to feel better soon.

You take care too, it has not bene lontg since yoyur surgery/procedure after all.

Night night everyone--sweet dreams

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #380488 Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Today it is back to school. I have not been away from the house for a few days and have built up a good shopping list. So that will eat my morning up.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #380490 Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning. coffee
Routine is good, Tina--enjoy the shopping.

I too have a shopping list. Butg first I will go to ceramics--then I will go shopping and go to my MIL & do her vale ntines & all her bookwork...

Everyone have a good day--

________

Tina #380491 Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Nana, does Nicoli have a definitive diagnosis or are they trying to figure out what is happening to this poor little boy. I feel so sorry that he's going through this pain and I'm so thankful he has a good family. Working in the schools once in a while I see a student with a debilitating health issue and the parents just don't care. For example when a student has severe asthma and both the parents smoke 3 packs a day. It's not only heart breaking but it's anger invoking too.

I feel fortunate and blessed that I don't have arthritis.

Bestofour #380493 Feb 10th, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri I agree. I know form my mother though, most of the time people who smoke just do not "get it". My mother is a prime example. Boith of y siblings have breathing issues. My mother refuses to belive that they do not come around as much as they would like because they cannot breath well in her house, due to the smoke lingering there. I cannot stay long because of it either but at least I can brearth while there.

The arthritis does not bother me much yet---but I fear it is beginning to be an issue. That is the reason why I take care not to over-do with things that will agrivate it.

________

Tina #380496 Feb 10th, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
The trick with arthritis is to continue doing what you can as long as you can. Doing low impact things is best. Hammering nails, not so much. So your embroidery and ceramics are good things.
I am off to pack a lunch for Teddy and then make the school run and shop.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380497 Feb 11th, 2014 at 02:28 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning everyone.

Well my hand pain isn't arthritis it is from the carpel tunnel syndrome.. from 20 yrs as an long distance operator... I just don't have the fine motor skills it takes to hold a needle for very long... but do miss getting to make pretty things...

Sheri.. they think Nicoli has abdominal migraines, they have ruled out allergies, gluten problems, and I can't remember what other things they said it isn't... we never heard of this time of migraines but he is now going to a pediatric neurologist in a couple weeks to hopefully get a treatment plan that works.. with Jon having Graves disease and migraines in both sides of family that predisposes the boys to auto immune stuff the doc says... it's just so hard to see him in such pain for a long time- with no solution or real answers - especially with the school administrators sending letters threatening action against Carrie and Jon for not making him go to school... at least the last attack started at school and they saw how fast and how sick he gets ... we know it's hard to believe if you haven't seen it but it's not like we want him to miss school... we get his homework and make up work and he does it ..even when he doesn't feel well there are times he feels a little better.. this last attack lasted longer than others have for a long time , they make him so tired he just wants to sleep all the time... it's just really hard to deal with for all of them...

Well I am going to go brave the office and clean it up some- get my tax stuff together to take in next week.. and hopefully get rid of some stuff... time to declutter ...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380498 Feb 11th, 2014 at 03:19 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That really sounds like a dreadful thing for poor Nicoli, Nana. And I do wish the school district would back off when there is a real physical issue.
My oldest daughter was sickly. She didn't just get a cold. She turned them all into pneumonia and/or bronchitis. But we always got her homework and schoolwork and she did what it took to get straight A's. I received a letter from the district complaining about her attendance problems and stating that it was affecting her grades. I called them and asked where?
I got my kid to school and stopped to shop at 2 stores I have 2 more to stop at on the way to pick him up. Then I will be done with food. I need to stop at Home Depot one day this week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380499 Feb 11th, 2014 at 04:38 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
A dad just last week at one of the schools brought his 5th grade daughter in late and came to me and said the truant officer called and threatened him that his daughter was going to fail the 5th grade because of absences and tardies. He said they always made up her work. She has irritable bowel syndrome and has medicine at school with a note from her doctor explaining the situation. That very morning they were in the car rider line and he had to take her home because she needed the bathroom and the school was locked. He said "what am I supposed to do? She's a pre teen girl who doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of her friend." I didn't have an answer.

We have at least 2 inches of snow and it's still snowing. This will shut us down for a while.

Tina #380500 Feb 11th, 2014 at 06:27 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And that is part of the school system's problems. They are trying for all round pegs to fit in round holes. Sometimes there is a square one that just won't fit. They haven't a clue how to deal with it most of the time.
I am in for the day. And pretty darned tired. I sat in on Ted's speech class before I brought him home. And stopped to shop at a couple places. So we brought all of that in and have put it all away.
A nap is calling my name.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380501 Feb 11th, 2014 at 08:14 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am so very tired, I must say. I slept almost 8 hours last night---so I should not be so tired. I think it may well have to do with this weather. My DH slept 12 hours friday night...he usually sleeps between 8 & 9 hours.

We NEED spring to get here.....and soon.
is 36 days, 5 hours & 47 minutes soon ??? why

________

Tina #380502 Feb 11th, 2014 at 09:20 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well Carol I don't think it is soon enough... it is supposed to be warmer here today but I sure can't tell it is.. I am freezing... can't get warm today at all...

I agree about the school system - it is made for kids with no prob and parents willing to go along with whatever they decide is best for kids... but if you have a kid that isn't a round peg - and I think Derek and Nicoli are more like rectangles with triangles in the middle... they don't know what to do, so do nothing hoping the parents will just go away and quit asking for help... Carrie is looking into the requirements for homeschooling.. I have been researching it too and it may be doable if we can get stuff together quickly... they need their education..

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380503 Feb 11th, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We need a Delete Winter button.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380504 Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
We need a Delete Winter button.

I heartily agree !!!!

________

JunieGirl #380505 Feb 11th, 2014 at 01:18 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I second the motion
on delete winter. Gad ugly is the word.
tears

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Tina #380506 Feb 11th, 2014 at 02:04 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380507 Feb 11th, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sweet dreams from me as well. wavy

________

Tina #380508 Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. have to keep concentrating on what day it is because of our Monday holiday. But it won't be as busy as yesterday was. So all is well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380523 Feb 12th, 2014 at 07:00 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I went to my MIL's, did her bookwork & then went shopping & also picked up some items for her as well, droppeed them off & now I am home...

Someone brought up a thought today..it is going to get into the high 40's this wekeend---so then if this snow melts & it gets cold again, we will all be skating on ice, instead of driving----Gracious, spring & summer cannot come fast enough.

________

Tina #380527 Feb 12th, 2014 at 08:40 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And I have been thinking of spring thaws with possible flooding. I want you all to keep safe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380529 Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I have been wondering what will happen here in the areas that burned then flooded last year... so of which haven't been cleaned up yet .. this winter hasn't exactly made it easy to clean up though- snow and cold hanging around so much longer than usual for us..

It was a quiet day for us- got my tax stuff together finally- can't find one document but I know the amount .. hopefully can't go on site and print out another one... tax man likes to see the actual documents...

Nicoli went to school today... Timba is still sick- he will have to go to doc now I think.. it's hanging on to long... Derek still wont' go - they are having meetings to see what they can do for him next week.. hopefully something will get done, Nicoli's conference is today...

Well.. it's warmer now than it has been and may get up to the 60's this weekend .. that would be nice... maybe melt some of the snow before it does it again... I am ready to be warm....

Got porkchops and mashed taters cooking .. will add a veggie and call it dinner... not much else going on here tonit.. got some laundry done and now it needs to be folded and put away... then may just hit my pillows early and read a while ... I am going to try to start on Nicoli's blanket this weekend.. so may cut the inside and do the marking of the pockets tomorrow- his birthday is getting close... Carrie is afraid to book a party place for him though.. it costs so much to do it for a bunch of kids and then have him be to ill to go himself would not be good so she explained to him we may have a family party for him and a kids party after he sees the doc again... hopefully with some answers for us...

Well of to mash the taters... have a good evening all

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380530 Feb 12th, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Your dinner sounds lovely, Nana. I hope your kids all get sorted out with their best options soo,

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380533 Feb 12th, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
I hope your kids all get sorted out with their best options soo,

Yes me too. You are such a good Nana .

G'nite everyone--sweet dreams...

________

Tina #380534 Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope everyone weathers the weather very well today. I will take Ted to school and stop to fill my tank. Then stop at the bank to make a deposit for my daughter. I might stop to shop too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380535 Feb 13th, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.

Tina, it sounds as if you have a busy day planned. Take care & have fun.

I am on my way out the door. I am going to my sister's house. We were going to take Momma out to eat for Valentine's Day, but she didn't want to go.... why So we are going to go--that or I will do osme shopping for my house and future thigns like my DD's baby shower---We shall see.

I also wonder how Sheri & Barb are doing...has anyone heard from them?? I hear their weather is especially bad now.

I wish everyone a safe & warm day.

________

Tina #380537 Feb 13th, 2014 at 01:07 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm here Junie. It has stopped sleeting and is now snowing again. You or Tina come pick me up please. I can't get out of my driveway so I'll wait at the bottom of the hill for you.

Tina #380538 Feb 13th, 2014 at 02:24 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I would if I could, Sheri. I am not equipped to drive in the snow.
I do have a full tank of gas. And picked up a few things at the store. We will take some fun drinks in for Ted's Valentine's party at school tomorrow. Well, I will take them in when I pick him up today. Tomorrow my hands will be full with his other Valentine's contributions. Fewer trips from car to classroom. I got to the bank as well. I think I am done for now. Tomorrow I will make sure I have what we need for the weekend.
I got some of my trash down to the dumpster and will be collecting more today. I got my bookwork done. Off to see what other damage I can do.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380539 Feb 13th, 2014 at 06:36 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And I am in for the day. I am thinking about a nap very soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Bestofour #380540 Feb 13th, 2014 at 08:07 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I'm here Junie. It has stopped sleeting and is now snowing again. You or Tina come pick me up please. I can't get out of my driveway so I'll wait at the bottom of the hill for you.

Well if you wait for me, it will be awhile---I cannot drive in this weather either----We 'were" supposed to get some warm weather tomorrow and then perhaps some rain--now they are saying like 2 more inches of snow and ice instead---so I am guessing the warm weather (49 or so) is out of the picture.

Rod will be taking me to watch Luke tomorrow on his way to work... rolz

I hope Ted has a good time at his Party tomorrow. You are a good Mommy, Tina.

________

Tina #380543 Feb 13th, 2014 at 02:13 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380544 Feb 13th, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Happy Valentine's Day to all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380545 Feb 14th, 2014 at 01:37 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
[Linked Image]

Bestofour #380546 Feb 14th, 2014 at 01:55 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Back at you ? What did Hubby buy for you ?

Ps some one in a Magazine said, it is amusing that USA makes such a big fuss over Valentines day, an they Rank 3rd in DIVORCES?????????
Guess when the candy runs out , so do the spouses?
LOL idea

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Tina #380548 Feb 14th, 2014 at 02:55 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I got Ted to school with his valentine's for his class. Then stopped to shop for just a couple of items. I couldn't think of much that we needed. But I did pick up ziplock sandwich bags requested by his teacher. I'll drop those off when I pick him up this afternoon. Then we have a long weekend. I'm thinking outdoor work this weekend. As long as it doesn't get too hot. Supposed to reach 85* in town today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
dodge #380551 Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Back at you ? What did Hubby buy for you ?

Ps some one in a Magazine said, it is amusing that USA makes such a big fuss over Valentines day, an they Rank 3rd in DIVORCES?????????
Guess when the candy runs out , so do the spouses?
LOL idea

dodge, that is so funny. We usually just give each other a card. Lots of times it's a home made card.

Tina #380552 Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, our long weekend is going to be used to make up snow days.

Tina #380554 Feb 14th, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, that is a true bummer. The whole weekend or just Monday?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380557 Feb 14th, 2014 at 01:03 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I am slowly heading towards my bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,877
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image