Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Tina #380562 Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning everyone.

I watched Luke yesterday, & so was not here.

I have no idea what got into my DH but he took me out to eat for Valentine's Day last night on the way home from Emily's house. (He took & picked me up so I would not have to drive on the snow & possible ice they were forcasting). Thankfully all we got was snow..

Today we have a biirthday party for my 4 year old great niece. So, I get to see Luke again. That will be good as he will see his Papaw again--last night he would have nothing to do with him, and it upset Rod a bit.... why

I still do not have a name---I guess one day I will...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #380564 Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Do you mean a name for your grands to call you, Carol? I got a little lost.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #380565 Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sorry Tina, I should really be more clear when I talk.. blush

---well no, See, I am not allowed to have Luke call me a name I choose. We have to wait & see what he calls me, and he will not call me anything--if he wants me to do something he just says "hand" grabs mine & walks me to whatever he wants me to do or get.
If I ask him who I am, so far he has said "Carol", "Nana" (no matter how you say it) and "Gran"....all just once---so we shall see what it ends up being. Whatever that is I guess I will call myself that to Henry--My Valarie is not so "picky" when it comes to such things, so that part will be easier to handle.

________

Tina #380569 Feb 15th, 2014 at 01:17 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Junie, how old is Luke? Shelley had my first grand child, Darbi, and she wanted her to call me Granny. I didn't have a preference. Her mother in law was adamant that she be called Nana. Try as Shelley would Darbi would not calle me Granny. For a while she called me GaGa, then Gran Gran, then sweetie, then one day she started calling me Gangaran(pronounced just like it's spelled - Gan - ga-ran)and it stuck. It's a weird name and for a while we were having to constantly explain what we were saying, there are no cards saying "Happy Birthday Gangaran" but that's what it was. Shelley had 2 more children who followed suit with Gangaran, although Colby mostly shortened it to Gag or Gagie. Then Colt was born and even though his mom and dad, Ginger and Chris, called me Gangaran, he started and still is calling me GG. Guess it's just easier. Now Shelley's children call me GG a lot too. I answer to whatever. I don't care. Colt's other grandmother, however, is adamant about being called grandma and Colt is like Luke, he doesn't call her anything. They have tried to get him to say Hell-o grandma and he'll say hello but just won't follow with grandma. It upsets her to no end.

Johnny is my girls step dad and they have always called him Johnny and that's what all the kids called him until a few years ago when for whatever reason they started calling him Poppie. The've always called Shelley's and Ginger's dad Pop so somehow the "ie" was added and Johnny became Poppie. Colt still calls him Johnny most of the time which is fine with him.

Luke will figure it out on his own then Henry will probably follow right along.

And you know, whatever your grand children call you, their friends will call you that too.

Tina #380573 Feb 15th, 2014 at 02:00 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And then there is Ted. He has never called me Mom or any derivative. I was teaching him that Santa says "Ho Ho Ho" and he called me Ho for awhile. Very funny.
As long as it is said with love, it does not matter.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380575 Feb 15th, 2014 at 02:41 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
You are right ladies---and he does know who "Valarie": is when he sees her picture--BUT--he just goes nuts when he sees Emily's friend kelly...she is "Auntie Kelly" to him the second he sees her, and her mom is "Patty"...but oh well as you say, some day...

and Sheri: Luke will be 2 in September, so he just turned 17 months. ut he is very verbal..

Last edited by JunieGirl; Feb 15th, 2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added thought

________

Tina #380576 Feb 15th, 2014 at 03:20 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Kids will chose their own names I guess... my mother in law was Nana to all her grands.. and I became Nana too , Joe's dad was Tata .. our oldest grands call him Tata, the younger ones call him Papa... Joseph calls him Dada,, he couldn't say Tata when he was little.. my Mom was Grandma to all of them and her grands so I was never grandma.. my grandmother was Granny ... Joseph called me NanaMama when he was really little but when other grands were around he changed it to just Nana... and you are right their friends call me nana too... as in hi Timothy's Nana... LOL!

I felt like crap the last couple days.. think I may have gotten Timothy's virus from him... I just put myself to bed and stayed there mostly... feel much better now- have a cough but it isn't bad... we were going to go out to dinner for Valentine's day - but will do it tomorrow instead... Joe did bring me a doz roses and a nice card... there are a pretty orangy peach color... and he cooked dinner so that was nice .. especially since I felt so BLahhh

It has warmed up here a lot- in the 40's today... but no sun out yet it's cloudy... hoping sun comes out ... most of the snow is finally gone again... probably just in time for another snowstorm later on ... but it is still winter I keep telling myself..
Well off to get myself moving and figure out dinner tonit.. thinking a stew in crock pot.. maybe some bread in the bread machine..

Have a good day all...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380579 Feb 15th, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I made some chili in the crock today, then baked potatoes to stuff with it. Good stuff.
All of that is cleaned up and put away and i am vegging in front of the TV until bedtime.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380580 Feb 15th, 2014 at 09:40 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Up too ear;y and I may try for some more sleep yet. Today will be laundry and other such fun things. Teddy enjoys laundry days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380581 Feb 16th, 2014 at 02:08 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Well Good afternoon now..
I got a tractor to plow me out yesterday, so I did manage to go to town an get my groceries.
Gosh the mess an the traffic at he stores.. Everyone seemed thrilled to be outside again.
evern at 17º they were smiling.
Suppose to get more snow Monday.. Ugg

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Tina #380582 Feb 16th, 2014 at 03:29 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I remember living in Rochester Ny in about 1977-78. I think they were having about the worst winter conditions in several years. Blizzard after blizzard. Finally one cold night the howling stopped and I took the opportunity to go out walking to the nearest store for fresh milk in the middle of the night. The streets had not been plowed yet but there were lots of people out there with me in the full moon. Everyone was smiling, some cross country skiing down the middle of the road. No vehicles were out. It was so nice. One of my favorite memories.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380584 Feb 16th, 2014 at 06:30 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes just a frew days ago I heard a man at the grocery telling the clerk how "warm" it was ouside---it was 16*F...and that ladies & gents just goes to show how cold it has been here.

We went to Sam's Club today & shopped for major staples and Dog food. Tomorrow it is supposed to either sleet or rain then freeze--the method does not really matter---what matters is that we are predicted to get ice. uhuhh

31 days, 7 hours and 27 minutes until spring----
"Come On Spring" !!!!!

________

Tina #380585 Feb 16th, 2014 at 07:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope the weather people are wrong, Carol. I hope you do not get ice. This has been a pretty drastic winter for so many.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380586 Feb 16th, 2014 at 07:42 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
winky

Carol,
Least ways its quality time with ROd,now..
Noone is happy of this horrible weather. I feel your pain.. But it is probably harder for folks like you who run everyday.. I am a stay at homer mostly.. Lots of work at my house.

Just thing of the Tea Pot........Its up to its neck in Hot Water, But still keeps on singing..LOL

Love ya ,
dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #380587 Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
winky

Carol,
Just thing of the Tea Pot........Its up to its neck in Hot Water, But still keeps on singing..LOL

Love ya ,
dodge

I like that one Barb, I have not ever heard that before---so thanks so much.
It made me smile....
I have been staying home more this winter, though...because of the weather not because I choose to stay here.
Glad that you can stay at home where you are safe & warm, Barb.

Thanks for the kind words from you too Tina. spring will come, of that I am sure...

________

Tina #380588 Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is a cute saying. I have not heard it for many years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380590 Feb 16th, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, I think we should change your screen name to Ho. That's so funny.

Bestofour #380591 Feb 16th, 2014 at 01:22 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bestofour #380592 Feb 16th, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Tina, I think we should change your screen name to Ho. That's so funny.

It was funny and made me laugh and blush at the same time. I really am glad he has dropped that.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380594 Feb 16th, 2014 at 02:53 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Luke has a name for Grandpa--he is popa...like "pop-a" (short a) he has no name for me yet..

They were trying to get him to say I love you grandma...& he said I love you daddy...
and while he will not go to Rod or kiss him--
if he cannot see him he calls out---"where are you, popa ?"

Hey, maybe Henry will give me a name...

G'nite everyone--I need some sleep now...I have a long day of embrodery ahead of me tomorrow. Sweet Dreams

________

Tina #380597 Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is my getting ready for the school week day. So stripping beds And all of that jazz.
Carol. I am wondering how others address you for Luke? Like "Take that to.....?" Or how you say things. "Come to, Grams, please?"
We all have labels that place us in the family dynamic. Aunt, grandmother, etc. Children will choose from the ones given them. You do have some input there.
And I do hope Luke loses his awe of Popa and makes friends. Rod feels pretty standoffish to me too and I have never met him.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380598 Feb 17th, 2014 at 02:10 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well, you are right about Rod--and the funny oart is he was telling me how Emily loves me she is just not verbal about it----(remember, she is a female version of him)...The real issue is while he thinks he sees Luke a lot, for Luke to remember him he does not----actually if it were not for Popa's "truck" I dont think he would have a name either.

Emily refers to me as Grandma--as does everyone else, but Luke just will not repeat it. He will in time..I am jsut impatient. why

It is icy here today...I do so wish spring would soon arrive.

I do not think I will get dressed today---I am going to make soup & then rest---I think I am getting Emily's cold.

________

Tina #380600 Feb 17th, 2014 at 02:43 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Kids are strange sometimes. Like I said, Colt will not call his other grandmother anything and he doesn't like her to hold him. He is her only grand child and this breaks her heart. He is not a cuddly boy to start with but he will ask me to pick him up and sit on my lap and last time we were there he got a book a climbed into Johnny's lap to read. He won't do that with his other grand parents.

I've been watching house shows again and I know I've said it before, but I can not get over how much money people will pay for a tiny house.

Bestofour #380601 Feb 17th, 2014 at 02:51 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree with you on the house thing, Sheri--it amazes me what peoples "budgets" are and yes what they will pay for a tiny plain & often older house..,and then call it reasonable on top of it all.

I am assuming that Luke will change in time---he loves his other grandmother's husband, (Chris's dad passed away many years ago) and I have noi idea why he is not a friendly person at all. so yes children are sometimes strange--they like what & who they like---
he is "Pa-Paw"

________

Tina #380602 Feb 17th, 2014 at 02:54 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Prices are astronomical, Sheri. They said a simple one bedroom apartment in North Dakota is going for over $2,000 a month because of the influx of oil pipeline workers. I am watching general food prices rising nearly daily. It is sad and a little scary.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380603 Feb 17th, 2014 at 05:14 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

I told Joe the other day that we pay almost as much for groceries now and we did when we were feeding 13 people... believe me that was not cheap... that was 15 yrs ago or so... the cashiers at the store would close the lane behind me cause I would have 2 carts piled high and I used coupons for multiple purchases, even doing that and shopping sales it was expensive... and we had 2 meatless meals a week.. and a lot and rice and beans... he didn't believe me till I showed him the old checkbook registers.. yes he saves everything... so I had them...

He finally got our Christmas lights down today... it's beautiful today and warm enough to open up the house ... so airing it out... hoping it stays around for a little while now...

Well off to get my fridge cleaned out- have some gr turkey I cooked yesterday to bag and freeze.. and some other leftovers to bag up too so can do it all at once... don't know what dinner will be tonit.. maybe we will go out for out late Valentines dinner... I finally feel almost human now... the cough is almost gone ... miserable bug ..

Have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380604 Feb 17th, 2014 at 06:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Nana. Paying as much but for far less in take home.
In the 80's, my budget for 5 kids and myself was $200. That included everything like paper goods and cleaning supplies and well, everything. It was all I had left over most of the time after paying the bills, so it covered clothing and birthday gifts and things like that too. I pay well over twice that now with fewer people. And that doesn't include clothing and other incidentals. Just foodstuffs.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380605 Feb 17th, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

That is just about right- doubled costs at least - maybe more ... not to count gas prices doing up so much.. does help with our new car- it gets wonderful gas mileage- expecially with me not driving at all after my face procedure- I drove for the first time last week back and forth to Carrie's and the schools.. but it does get much better mileage than old car... that little bit helps except for car payment of course...

We went out and walked the mall today .. both floors and noticed about half the stores are closed... some are being remodeled and have coming soon signs for new stores but rest are just closed- hope they don't close down the mall- not that I go very often except to walk but it wouldn't be a good thing for economy...

Well I need to go put the pork chops in the oven,, and some taters... dinner will be simple tonight and we decided we would go out for lunch tomorrow after Joe's doc appt.. that will be our valentines celebration...

I am thinking of trying to do a surprise party for Joe for his next birthday in March- he will be 60.. girls will help me orgainize it.. if I can I will do it on a day he is working the weekend and have everyone show up while he is at work... will take some planning and hiding of stuff but think we can pull it off..

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380609 Feb 17th, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds fun, Sherri. I do hope you can do it. 60 is an important birthday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380612 Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That does sound like fun for Joe--and the whole family, Nana....sounds like a great idea.

I have a cold, and my DH has a cold--so if I am not around the next day or so, not to worry, I am ok and just resting to get rid of this cold And tending to Rod.

Nite-Nite sweet dreams

________

Tina #380614 Feb 17th, 2014 at 01:43 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can shake your cold quickly, Carol. I remember being sick at the same time as John. I said if I could get up the energy to flip a coin to see who should, then I had enough energy to change a diaper. It is not fun. He heated soup while I did the changing. Thank goodness I was nursing at the time. Made baby care much easier.
Sweet dreams all. I will be toddling off to bed soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380615 Feb 17th, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good early morning. I think I will go back to bed for an hour or so.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380618 Feb 18th, 2014 at 01:45 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, when you say "good early morning" for me it shows up 7:27. So does that mean you're up at 4:27? I can't imagine being up at 4:27 unless I was sick or going some place fun. Wonder if your hormones are out of whack and waking you up.

Nana, I'm guess that's ground turkey. Do you use it in place of ground beef?

We were supposed to get rain but so far the sun is out. Yippee.

Tina #380619 Feb 18th, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Sheri. I rose at 4 this morning. I did not go back to bed. I set my alarm for 5:30 on school days but mostly wake before it goes off. I try to go to bed around 9 pm. My bladder can not sleep as long as I can. I am just feeling good that it wakes me to leave the bed. I am not feeling off or hormonal in any way. I don't get hot flashes or night sweats or such any more. I actually feel very good.
I took Ted to school then stopped at the grocery and Walmart on the way home. I have put all of that away. And am getting ready to log it into my books. I am still keeping track of what I spend and where. I dislike wondering where my money went.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380628 Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Hoping Carol is recovering from her cold.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380629 Feb 18th, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all...

I hope Carol is recovering too... colds are no fun and seem worse when it's cold out... we had a nice day today- Joe had his physical and got a new scrip,, after we called our girls and they both met us for lunch out.. was good and we had a good time visiting and being together... Carrie tried to get Derek to come with us..he wouldn't but he did come to the house later and play- that was good.. they ran around in the back yard and had a ball.. we counted lunch out as our valentines to ourselves and for them too...

Sheri yes that was ground turkey- we do use it instead of hamburger.. only thing we use beef burger for is hamburgers on the grill sometimes... turkey for everything else... I usually but about 10 lbs at a time and either make meatloaves or cook it onion and garlic to use in tacos, spaghetti... chili .. lately I have made froz ravioli I buy at Sams and add meat, cheese and sauce.. it's a fast easy supper too.

Well I have a load of Joe's garage towels in washer soon as they are done and I stick them in the dryer I am hitting my pillows.. got to be at Carrie's by 7:30 to get boys off to school tomorrow . she is working early so she can get off in time to have a school meeting to set up homeschool for Derek again... hoping I can get him to come here after and hang out.. I have some more cooking I want to get done...

Have a good night all... my pillows are calling... 6 will be plenty early enogh for me.....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380630 Feb 18th, 2014 at 01:35 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I am heading out a little early.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380631 Feb 18th, 2014 at 09:44 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Early to bed, early to rise. Good morning. I am most productive in the mornings. I love watching the sun rise.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380633 Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I like the mornings too. I have tried writing down everything we spend but I can't get Johnny to do it and I can't get him to keep his receipts so I can do it. I think it's very smart though because money just seems to disappear sometimes. He doesn't even get a receipt if he uses the ATM. Used to make me a little nuts but I've given it to the wind.

Thunder and lightening woke me this morning at 2:30. Evidently there was a terrible storm during the night because there are puddles all in the school parking lot. I think when it thunders in winter it's supposed to snow in 9 days. We'll see.

Nana, I'm confused. I thought it was Nicoli who needs home schooling.

Tina #380635 Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Sheri. I am the only one spending my money and that makes it easier. And even I keep a cash slush fund for purchases I don't track. On rare occasions I will stop for fast food and do not keep track of that, for instance. But at the end of the month, I do remember why cash is missing from my pocket and where it went. I bought my winning Powerball ticket yesterday from that fund. grin
We are all ready for school, breakfasted, lunch packed and dressed and ready. But it is too early to actually leave.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,915
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image