Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #380707 Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:01 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Junie, I have our bedroom furniture placed so that the windows aren't blocked so that pretty much fixes them in place. Because of room doors and bathroom doors they can only go so many ways. In what I call my bedroom I can turn the bed only 2 ways and I usually keep it where it's looking out the windows. I love watching the birds from those windows.

Our weather is beautiful again today.

I was telling my sister the drug man story and she knows a woman who is on disability because she's a drug addict. She's addicted to crack too. How does that happen? She gets a disability check every month that she spends on crack and then asks church members to pay her rent. The world is messed up.

Tina #380708 Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:21 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Carol, it sounds like you are feeling better. I hope so, anyway.
I am done with phase one of my morning. Now to do some house cleaning beginning with cleaning ashes out of my wood stove and my fireplace. We are cooling down a little and looking at some good rain about Friday. I hope so anyway.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Bestofour #380709 Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:27 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri, I agree the world is messed up. Plus somehow the powers that be have mad eit so theses kinds of people think they are owed whatever it is they want... nono

And about my room. Because ot the furniture and the placement of doors we had to put the head of our bed in front of one of the 2 windows in our bedroom. And when we did that, one of the 2 registers blows right across the head of the bed. It happened that it hit his side of the bed. He says it makes him hot when the furnace is running & cold when it is not---well, I have yet to notice anything. So, he has finally consented to try having us switch sides.
That is why I am changing the bed side tables & such.

My bedroom at the farm was situated so I could have the spring winds blow on me at night & so I could watch out at the birds. My kitchen window also gave me the perfect vantage point for my hummingbird feeder. Some things change & not always for the best.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #380710 Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:43 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Just how did I miss Tina's post ? why

Thanks so much Tina--I think I do feel better.
After lunch I think I will go out for that card I need.

________

Tina #380714 Feb 24th, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380715 Feb 24th, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes, I'll go to bed soon myself.
Sweet Dreams everyone.

________

Tina #380716 Feb 24th, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Up before the alarm again. I am glad I have it for backup though on the occasions that it is needed. I don't think I need to stop for anything at the store today. But something may crop up before the morning is finished.
We are to get rain this week. That is a lovely thought.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380717 Feb 24th, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good morning. breakfast

I have to go in a moment & get ready for the wake/funeral.

I'll see everyone when I do. wavy

________

Tina #380718 Feb 25th, 2014 at 02:57 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I did get Teddy to school and stopped at the store. I decided I needed to get my older son a beverage or two for the labor I am going to make him do towards preparing for Friday rains. I am glad I did because I found a lovely deal on sweet peppers while there. Going to slice and put those into the dehydrator today. I need to buy more jars for storage. I am sure that prices are going up on all of this stuff.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380719 Feb 25th, 2014 at 06:12 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I went to the funeral. As a result I got to spend the morning with my daughters. And seeings as how my youngest was in a "mood" she was also all about getting along with her sister very well, if only to be rude to me. BUT I must say it was worth it to see the 2 of them get along like they used to back in the day.

AS per usual, My Valarie gave me hug & said she would see me in 2 weeks (the baby shower) and so I then said good-bye to Emily who at least consented to say good-bye to me.

I often wonder how the same 2 people had such different children. why

Last edited by JunieGirl; Feb 25th, 2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: One day I will learn to type, honest...

________

Tina #380720 Feb 25th, 2014 at 08:52 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Emily should NOT be rude to her mother. Glad she was nice to her sister though.

Bestofour #380721 Feb 25th, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well first, Thanks, Sheri. Second, Emily has been rude to me for as long as I can remember...I will say that since she has goten married she was better---well, until now.

And you see, Valarie & Emily are 6 years apart & Emily has always considered Valarie the mother she has never had. I used to think it was a good thing that they were so close, but I do not like her being the way she is to me.
She most probably will come to her senses sooner rather than later, as if she keeps it up she will lose a good baby-sitter.

But we shall see....

________

Tina #380722 Feb 25th, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, losing a sitter may wake her up. I hope she gets better as she ages, Carol. That is all I can pray for. My children are not allowed to be rude to me. I would walk away. It would be painful but maybe less painful than staying.
I walked away from my own mother for quite awhile when I decided she was not allowed to hurt my children to get to me. She eventually apologized when she realized I had no compunction about staying away. It was good for the remaining years after that.
I am so sorry you have to put up with that.
I have food cooking here. It is moving on towards dinner time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380725 Feb 25th, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

Thank you so very much, Tina. I appreciate your kind & helpful words.

She will get better...As she ages she will be less hormonal (my notion of the issue) she is like her daddy & HIS mom always said to me that he would mellow with age...so I am hoping that she will mellow with age.

I do often walk away from her. It does help for awhile.

________

Tina #380727 Feb 25th, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sorry, I really shouldn't have gone on. I try to stay away from such things.
Sweet dreams all. I am edging toward my bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380728 Feb 25th, 2014 at 02:07 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Sorry, I really shouldn't have gone on. I try to stay away from such things.

No, No, not at all--I appreciated your input, believe me.
If anything I should not have been complaining.
I think I take after my Aunt. She would complain all the time--when I was fairly young yet, I said something to my Mom about it & she said that my Aunt was the type of person who liked to complain but that then she was over whatever it was & so the person listening should be too.
So thanks for the input & please do not take my complaining to heart.

Originally Posted by Tina
Sweet dreams all. I am edging toward my bed.

Yes me too..I will soon go to sleep also.

________

JunieGirl #380730 Feb 25th, 2014 at 09:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
DH made sure I was awake this morning before he left for work. I think the neighbors were able to listen to the weather on the TV this morning.

Today I was going to clean the kitchen, but the dog would have had to go out into the pen, & Rod thinks the weather is too cold. So I will only straighten up in there & finish cleaning Val's bedroom instead.

________

Tina #380732 Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. We are to get a bit of rain today and that has the whole state excited. Then on Friday, we are to get quite a bit of rain and maybe too much at once for areas that have burned. I am watching the polar thing getting most of the rest of the country too.
Carol, I do not think of you as a complainer at all. I have met many of those. We all need to vent sometimes in order not to blowout an artery. And it does help to order our thoughts to put them out there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380733 Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Junie, many of you know my situation with my oldest daughter Shelley. I know for sure Tina has heard it over and over. growing up she was the sweetest child ever. Never got in trouble, made good grades, kept her curfew, never talked back, almost a perfect child. It happened after her first child, Darbi, was born that I started noticing she was a smart alec to me. Everyone noticed it. She wanted me to baby sit but ONLY at her house. She didn't want Darbi at my house. Darbi is 14 years old and has never been allowed to spend the night at my house. I worked part time when Darbi was a baby and Shelley worked full time. On my days off I took care of Darbi AT Shelley's house. She had all sorts of rules for me. I couldn't take her anywhere. She said her husband didn't want me to leave the back door open and lock the screen door so we could see out the door. It didn't matter if she had to go and come back by my house to go out at night she wanted me to come to her house to baby sit. If she and her husband went out that meant I was driving home, through the country, by myself at sometimes 1 in the morning when they could have dropped her off and picked her up as they drove by my house going into town. Or they could have let her spend the night. She has always been allowed to spend the night every where else. When Darbi got older she started asking to spend the night. I never brought it up - Darbi did. Then she started asking her mother why she could stay at Nana's but not at my house. Shelley would only say "because". I started asking Shelley and to this day she has never given me an answer. Shelley has had 2 more children and it's the same with them. Twice in the last 5 years Shelley and I have had big fights. She started them. The last one was when she called and wanted me to go somewhere with her and Johnny had my car and I told her she'd have to pick me up. We live 16 miles apart. She went off and told me to drive his van to her house because it was out of her way. I've never driven his work van and I'm not going to. It has all sorts of pipes on top and is just too big. During this fight she told me I never did anything for her, that I never did anything for her kids, that I only thought of myself and on and on. I let her finish and then reminded of her of how I had baby sat on my days off instead of shopping or getting my nails done. How she had kept Darbi and me trapped in that house where we couldn't even drive to the park. Of how I had been to every dance recital and every softball game for each of her kids over the years, of how I had been to every birthday party except one, of how I had helped at Bible School at their church, a church which I didn't even attend. Then I told her that she hasn't been nice to me in years, that for some weird reason that only she knows her children aren't allowed to spend the night at my house, that she didn't take into consideration that Johnny had been sick almost to the point of death during all this time she demanded I come to her house which meant leaving him home alone because she was too selfish to drop her children off at my house for her to go on date night with her husband, of how she complained if her children got dirty when they were with me but then screamed at me if I gave them a bath. I ended it by telling her that I was finished. I would not call her again and I would never ask that her children come to my house again. I told her if her children wanted to contact me I would like that but as far as she is concerned I am finished and I hung up.

I don't know what she told her sister, Ginger, but she told her something about it because Ginger called me and told me Shelley is a brat. All I said to Ginger is that I'm not being treated badly when I'm only trying to love my grand children.

Shelley and I didn't talk for a while then she called one day like nothing had happened because she needed a sitter. I told her she was welcome to drop her children by my house and she did. It's been 2 years and when I take care of her children she either brings them or I meet her in a parking lot at the top of the hill from my house which saves her a few miles and a few minutes and it's only 2 miles from my house. I still go to the games and recitals and such and Shelley is very pleasant but I wouldn't consider us friendly. Johnny hardly speaks to her and until this past Saturday night, which was Colby's birthday, he has refused to go to her house.

I used to be upset and cry and have my feelings hurt by Shelley and about her children all the time. I don't anymore. I don't call them and I don't ask them to spend the night (which they still never have). They call and text me.

Johnny said he could tell in my voice and in my face that day that I was just done with it. I was prepared to never speak to Shelley again. Right now if it wasn't for her children I would not even answer the phone when she calls. But I was prepared to give them up too. Thankfully Shelley either needs help or realizes that her children need a relationship with their grand mother. I don't know which. And now that they are older they can call or text without her knowing.

Anyway Junie, maybe you should start early and say something to Emily. If she's like Shelley she's not going to change on her own.

Bestofour #380734 Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, again thanks for the kind words. And yes I too think it is good to have a place to go to vent, I just hope I do not "vent" too often. why

Bless you for that story, Sheri. I appreciate that someone else is going thru the same things as I am. With Emily, back in the day, it was because she is her father's daughter and this is how they both are, as was Rod's father & his Aunt (father's sister) who raised my FIL. Then, add the fact that she had very hard teen years and was having panic attacks when ih High school & some even while in college. They never really stopped until she met her husband. I thank God daily for this man. he was understanding and helpful to Emily thru this time. She told me one time that that was the very reasons he began to take him seriously when they first began to go out.

IF she were a "normal person", so to speak, I would tell her many things, and often. But the "Eilert" family (she is an Eilert thru & thru) are a kind all unto their own. With her and her father, if you tell them anything, they take it as you are telling them what to do and they will move heaven & earth to do the opposite of what ever you say or suggest. After all "You are not telling them what to do" and let me say that when you do say something to them, rest assured that "they know what you meant, so do not even try to tell them you did not mean whatever the way they took it b/c they knew how you really meant it.

In the beginning my oldest DD met her current DH on a dating site & he had said that sooner rather than later, he was moving back down to the area where his parents live. So she asked me if I would move down there one day so we could live close to each other. Well, I said yes without even talking to her daddy as for 30+ years he has spoken of how he would like to move from this area. My philisophy was that my youngest DD had always said she would have no children and also I knew that her DH's job will likley relocate him and even possibly to the east coast, sooner rather than later. Well now Rod is 4 years away from retirement, my SIL's job has not trandferred him yet, & they now have a son. Since we are already here, to stay makes sense. So, now, I do not get to see my DD Valarie very often, as a result. Aside from living 3 hrs away now, her DH is very family oriented--- (to his large catholic family, that is). I see them on Easter, Father's Day (SIL's biological father passed when he was 3) the Dudley Christmas party weekend and and Christmas Eve, which includes early Christmas morning. BUT now that Valarie is having a child she says she will not be coming up for Christmas as that will be too much for her to handle. (I can understand that)

So, my one DD does not treat me well & the one that does is not live close to me at all.

BTW: A point. My DD treats her MIL just as you are being treated by your DD. "Mary" works yet but is a very well trained registered nurse & would take excellent care of my & her grandson. Emily says that she will not watch Luke properly & she very rarely allows her to do so. This is especially sad b/c Chris is an only child , Chris's dad has passed away & her current DH has not ever had children.

I am hoping in the end we will all get thru this mess we call life.

________

Tina #380735 Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, we all have family drama and we will all get through the messes. We don't have a lot of choices. I am just very happy that a few years before my mother died we were on very good terms and I was able to tell her the things that I had learned to appreciate about her. She did not receive any such from my four siblings. I am also grateful for my children nearby. We don't always see eye to eye but forgive each other for any faults and move on. It dawns on many people that the things in the past shouldn't define you. Your future is your own to shape.
It is so good to have here to come to and vent occasionally. Good for our health and good for all of us to see that we are not alone in our struggles.
Please, all of you keep safe in the brutal cold.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380737 Feb 26th, 2014 at 01:29 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

I feel for all of you with issues with the kids and kidlets... My oldest and I haven't always gotten along... she is very negative a lot of the time- has depression and is on meds for it but can be be very hard to be around... growing up she was always closer to my husband than me.. now we get along much better but I am closer to Carrie ... we are just a lot more alike... my son has more or less gone his own way- married 3 times .. lives a ways away from us and we see them on holidays and birthdays... I do more for Carrie cause she lives a couple blocks away and she needs the help more right now- especially...

I haven't been around a lot the last few days... Carrie got notice from CPS she was being investigated for her kids not going to school ... hmmm one has anxiety problems and doesn't feel safe anywhere but home- school isn't safe to him cause some of the kids in his special classroom are very disturbed and act out violently which upsets him a lot... on top of which he has had some kind of bug that makes him vomit and that is one of the things that sets of his anxiety attacks... then we have Nicoli who has had migraine attacks and never really has them stop for more than a couple hours at a time... he is right now going for an ultrasound and if the doc can't find a problem in his belly that they can do something about he is planning to maybe admit him to the hosptital and administer narcotics to stop this cycle of the migraine till the new meds the neurologist put him on can build up and take effect - which may or may not work on him.. she says there is over 100 drugs they can try and it is hit or miss which will work and for how long... then there is Timothy who has the problems when school started with some bug or another so he missed and the last couple weeks when he had the flu, and then got the bad cold that was going in to bronchitis and the doc told her to keep him home for at least a week... the boys don't have good immune systems and every time they get sick they stay sick for while- Nicoi and Derek have chronic illnesses that aren't going to go away and Timothy is okay most of time but if he gets sick it takes him a while to get over it... it all started cause Carrie and Jon has an IEP meeting and the principal of the school who has never attended the meetings before came to this one and wouldn't listen to any of their suggestions.. wouldn't even consider trying to get him a para so he could attend reg classes ...she doesn't have the money she said.. won't arrange home bound classes for him just demanded he attend school and take the state tests.. they always opt him out of them because it is to stressful for him.. she actually said oh no he will take them or I will lose my job... sorry it is the parents right to opt their child out of them... and Carrie told her it was not always easy to get Derek to school even for an hour at time... she told CPS that Carrie put her job before her children.... I am not usually a vindictive person but I can not find it in myself to forgive that women for hurting my child and her children- carrie has to go to truancy court and show them with letters and statements from upteen docs= including specialists and er visits just how sick her children are- how much time she has taken off work and been late so she can do for her kids..how last yr with this so called principal told the cps worker that Derek and Nicoli didn't attend school at all.. they were actually on homebound programs... that it is in there records at school that they are immune system compromised and do get sick more often and longer than most kids... she spent the weekend in tears...Jon too was very upset-

The CPS showed up last evening at there house and Carrie said she was very nice and talked to all 3 boys.. Derek who woke up sick , vomiting most of the day... and Nicoli in the middle of another attact , who also went to doc yesterday... Timothy who went to school and was fine ... Derek actually faced his fears of talking to people he doesn't know and told her about the kids who are in his class and are violent .. told her about the police coming to his house to talk to him when the one kid attacked the teacher and she called the cops about it- principal did nothing to that kid- CPS never was notified by the school... told her he didn't feel safe because of those kids...
Nicoli told her he just never feels good , even the short periods of time he feels well enough to play and do homework don't last and he is always afraid the pain will come back... he just turned 9 and has been dealing with this for 2 yrs almost now- I wish this principal who seems to think she knows what she is talking about got just a fraction of pain our 2 boys have dealt with for a few weeks... bet she would change her mind about just how good Carrie and Jon are at parenting ill children... anyway the CPS worker said Carrie has nothing to worry about and told her she would get her information on home schooling- since she asked both schools to help her with that info and they ignored her requests... and see if they state would help with Derek's testing costs... if he could get a diagnosis of Aspergers which the psychologist says is a good possibility there would be all sorts of programs he would get into but the tests are thousands of dollars and insurance won't cover it..they make to much money for Medicaid , if he has the diagnosis he would qualify for it though... so its a vicious circle...

We could use your prayers and good thoughts.. especially today , Joe took her and Nicoli to doc for the ultrasound... and maybe to hospital after if doc decides to admit him... carrie took the day off to stay with him of course... Joseph is with Derek this morning but I am on call if he needs me.. he still doesn't feel real well.. he may go to doc later today- think maybe he has a kidney infection... his back hurts and his belly too... told carrie the doc should admit her and the boys and just let her rest and check everything they can with he boys at same time... on top of all the rest she is sick too with a bad cold... caused by all the stress I am sure....... CPS will be talking to the rest of us I am sure .. Carrie and Jon gave us all as her support system .. we have even considered Joe retiring now so we can be even more available to them... that may be what happens ... something good has to come out of this... help for somewhere for the boys .. Carrie and Jon have asked everyone in school system for help and they just don't do anything except cause more problems... just getting very old...

Well thanks for listing to my rant and raving- hope it made sense... this Nana is just very tired and heartsick....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380738 Feb 26th, 2014 at 02:32 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Nana, You have my prayers. I do believe that Carrie has nothing to worry about with CPS. She has all of the evidence to prove she has her children's best interest at heart.
Carrie needs to make a formal complaint about the principal and lack of response to her requests. At her IEP she should be getting a paper about their rights and the next place to protest treatment or results will be listed on there. But the school board should also be notified that the principal is non-responsive and actually interfering with her rights as a parent. Also on the IEP, there is a place to check when signing that you attended where you "do not agree" with the recommendations of the IEP.
Her children are not sent to school sick or dirty or hungry and if they become ill, they are promptly taken home by either parents or you. They receive fairly constant doctor visits to try to track down the problems. And the schools have the absolute legal directives to test for anything requested by the parents. They cannot say no, legally. Even if they test and find a child is not requiring services at this time, the parents can ask again year after year until something is done. Testing is expensive and Carrie can ask for testing from outside sources at the school district's expense if they will not do it properly. That will get their attention! She needs to stay on this for her children.
I am so sorry Carrie is ill at this time. It makes things so much worse. You are a wonderful support system for them all. Every parent should be so lucky to have parents like you and Joe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380739 Feb 26th, 2014 at 04:08 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Hopefully involving CPS will get things rolling and that principal will be found out. The last principal of the school where I am today was a total lunatic and ended up being taken out of that job but instead of being all together fired she was put in a teaching position. (feel sorry for her students) Sounds like this principal needs to be removed too.

Bestofour #380740 Feb 26th, 2014 at 06:57 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree totally with Tina and Sheri. I will be praying for Carrie, her husband and the boys. I hope this all gets straightened up & soon.

It could be that while this principal was NOT trying to do Carrie & the boys any favors, she may well have done just that. Sounds to me as if the people from CPS will end up getting the ball rolling for Carrie & the boys, so they can get the proper help. I certainly hope so at any rate. As Tina said, do not give up or stop requesting help. The squeeky wheel gets the grease after all.

________

Tina #380741 Feb 26th, 2014 at 08:08 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And please let up know if Nicoli is sent home or kept this evening.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380742 Feb 26th, 2014 at 08:44 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks all... I needed that...

No they didn't see anything obvious in the ultrasound and he felt a little better so between the gastro doc and the neuro doc they decided to let the meds work longer to see if they help.. which probably means he will miss more school... kid can't eat without his stomach hurting - then he gets the headache... but I do think any judge with half a mind will see Carrie and Jon are going right by the boys... they really don't want to use narcotics on him ... after only 6 days it could make him and addict- and with our families history of alcohol addictions that would be a big risk... so we will see....

Carrie has asked and asked what she needs to do to get D tested ... they tell her the school dist is broke and just doesn't have the money- the superintendant of schools just resigned after 14 yrs because the last election brought in and all new school board and they forced her out in just a few months... it's all politics and there is a former member of the board on trial for stealing thousands from the system.... but so far none of the money was recovered...hopefully they will get it back somehow ... they admitted doing it....

Carrie is looking into an online school for D and N next year- it's to late to do it this year.. school has to pay for it and they would have to go to reg school for quarterly tests but not attend the school.. we think that will be the answer for Derek and allow Nicoli to only do school work when he feels better... its a student paced course and supervised by teachers... she has to have a plan ready for CPS by Fri..

As for Dereks IEP... Carrie and Jon refused to sign off on that principals plan for Derek and that's what probably ticked her off- seems to be one of those people who thinks their ideas are right and no one else could possibly be right... so technically he doesn't have an IEP currently so Carrie asked his teacher to send her a copy of them both since she needs it to do the online school ... he will have to have a modified plan of course and that makes it a little more complicated... we figure we can do our own field trips for the science and social studies classes- lots of neat places here the schools take kids and we can do it on our own too...

As for CPS investigating the principal we probably won't get told one way or another but the feeling Carrie got was this wasn't the first time she had tried this kind of thing... it's pretty sad when good teachers would rather quit at a school than have to deal with the administration...

I thought the schools had to do the testing too at their expense but so far they just get told no they can't afford it or the waiting list is way to long.... if we can I am going to try to get the money somehow.... we can't do on this way - don't want to label the kid but if it will get him the services he needs I will do what I need to do...

Well off do a couple loads of laundry... if I am going to be a Carrie's more from now on I am going to have to change my schedule of doing house stuff for myself...

Thanks again for all the support ... it's going to be an ongoing saga I think..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380743 Feb 26th, 2014 at 09:16 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad there is no hospitalization at this time, Nana.
No matter how much they are told no, they need to keep asking for testing and services. And in writing and keep copies. Derek should be at the head of the list already at the rates they have gone to. There is an appeals process beyond the IEP meetings.
I agree that narcotics are a last ditch thing. Online classes may work well for both boys. Those do not need regular hours so evenings and such could work well if mornings don't.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380744 Feb 26th, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Spounds as i f Carrie is making some headway for the boys. I do so hope that it all works out for the best & does so soon. Please keep us informed & we are always here for you, so please do not forget that.

G'nite everyone. Tomorrow I get to go watch my grandson. So that should be a fun but busy day. Luke does not stop going for one minute once his little feet hit the floor in the morning... shewinks lol

________

Tina #380745 Feb 26th, 2014 at 02:21 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Have fun with Luke tomorrow. Don't let him wear you out too much.
Sweet dreams.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380746 Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Rain here. Lots of rain. It is going to be too much at once and most will head into the ocean. But the snowpack in the mountains will help our water situation a little. Although we are still in a drought. And any newly planted fields will rot.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380747 Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks Tina... I hope you don't get to much rain to fast- that's as bad as no rain...

I am off today I think to go to school with Nicoli- if it gets him there I will do it but boy it is not a comfortable place for an adult... I can take my Ipad and read.. but the chairs are not comfortable at all .. I know they don't want me there but they want him... so if it makes him feel able to stay I will stay too... may need a couple drinks by the time I get home though...and I don't drink! Joseph will be home with Derek... Carrie has to go to work... even if he doesn't go I will go stay at her house for the day-- will know in a little while what is happening...

Carol hope you have a good day with your grandson... I miss the days when they were all little... they are getting so big now .. Timothy is almost as tall as I am and Derek is only an inch or so behind him- even Nicoli is up to my shoulder... course I am only 5 ft but seems like they all did this in the last couple months....

Well off to get my laptop in the bag and make sure I have water and some kind of lunch to take to school if I need it.... have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380749 Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I sat in school with one of mine for a while. She went to class but had no idea what she was supposed to be doing or what the homework may have been, etc. She was afraid to raise her hand and ask questions. She was embarrassed a little at my being there. But I was able to show the teachers where they were failing children like my daughter by taking notes, raising my hand and asking the needed questions. So my daughter improved and so did the teachers. Some of the kids thanked me.
The first shift of rain has eased off now. I didn't take Ted to school today and won't tomorrow. I may go out today to make sure I have a few things I may need for the next storm which may flood us in for the weekend.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380751 Feb 27th, 2014 at 01:02 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well got my call.. he cried all night.. he is exhausted so won't be going to school.. we will do his makeup work today and take it in tomorrow for more- they can put him on homebound now and we will work on getting him caught up and ready for 3rd grade next yr... I will go over in about half an hour... it's good for me cause I didn't sleep and just don't see the point in sitting in his classroom when the prob is they won't give us any direction on how to get him caught up to the class or him extra help or at least work to bring home.... so frustrating- asking doesn't help..

Carrie is off tomorrow she is taking Nicoli and Derek in for eye exams... doc thinks he may need new ones and Derek may need glasses too- bad eyes run in the family so he has been checked before but he is more articulate now so maybe he can communicate better with the doc to say how he actually sees... never ending ......

Well off to pack up laptop and some school supplies for the boys... have a good day -- hope you don't get flooded out Tina... do take care... guess I am doing school work today ... think I can handle 2nd and 5 grade stuff... hope so...

Nanaa

[Linked Image]
Tina #380752 Feb 27th, 2014 at 05:19 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
The rains eased off and I did go out to make sure I had what I needed to see us through the weekend comfortably. Not that we would have been hurting without.
I hope the boys are feeling good and getting their school work done, Nana. And not wearing you out too much.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380753 Feb 27th, 2014 at 06:08 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I am at Carrie's we are doing work and almost done with what he has ... have 2 more papers to do ... he isn't all that far behind cause this stuff is all about Presidents day stuff, and he knows it all... just had to write it all down and fill in the blanks.... I think I have been back to school about 7 times now ... LOL!

I am trying to rest in between study sessions... we have a deal for every paper we get done he gets a 15 min break... he just did 4 and his hour is almost over now so back to do the last 2 and see if he will do more than that- he has more to get done but he wants to do those with Mom... we may get to some of the math too but don't know how far I can push him he is still very fragile feeling right now... Derek seems a lot better today- now that he is awake... he is planning on school tomorrow so hope it all works out.....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380754 Feb 27th, 2014 at 08:12 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I understand the back to school thing. I helped all of my children and some fosters with their school work over the years. It kept some things fresh in my mind, especially the math that I never needed for regular life skills.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380755 Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Before students at my schools can be approved for special testing or services the nurse has to check their vision, even if a parent says they've done it in the last year. Has the nurse checked their vision? Just a thought. I have also called a doctor and requested a specific note be written to the principal explaining why a student has been out of school and point blank saying the absences could not be avoided and the absences should be excused. I have it faxed back to me so it doesn't get "lost". There is a home school form, at least in my county there is, that I have printed off and faxed to doctors to complete and fax back which I then give to the VP. Schools are so different because the year Colby had H1N1 he missed 17 days in a row and I was concerned he would fail because of absences but it was never even mentioned. Shelley picked up his work and he did it. No problem with the school. It's aggravating they're giving you guys such a hard time. As if you don't have enough on your mind.

Tina #380760 Feb 27th, 2014 at 01:51 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I hope Carol made it home from her Luke time in one piece.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380761 Feb 27th, 2014 at 01:56 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well our schools don't have real nurses on duty,, we get aides... they are there to pass out Tylenol the parents bring and band aids... We have asked for all notes written to schools by docs and some of them have gotten lost.. well carrie contacted docs and the notes are in the medical records... so we do have copies... they also told her she leaves vague messages on the attendance line when she calls them out- well gee what more do they want- the kids is having an anxiety attack or is sick.... what do they want... one teacher actually told Jon he wanted to know what the diagnosis was on Timothy... excuse me Hippa laws say they are not entitled to know what that is... he was sick with the flu and then ended up with a severe cold and felt like crap... they want a kid who is contagious at school- that's what made him sick to start with.... it's just maddening... all the kids have compromised immune systems and that is in their records...

Nicoli wears glasses already.. Derek doesn't but he has complained recently he can't see as well... so Carrie is taking him and going in with him- I will go with Nicoli cause he knows what will happen- Derek doesn't communicate that well in new situations so carrie has told the doc already she will be there to help him do so... if glasses help him it will be worth it- reading and comprehending and telling back the info is hard for him to process so it might help that at least if vision is part of the prob- he can do it if a story is read to him .. it's all part of his disability and so far only one teacher has figured out how to help him learn and she isn't being allowed to give him the time because the kids that are violent and very disturbed take up all the time... I realize they need teaching too but a public school isn't the place for them.... not when one of them attacked other students and a teacher... just so frustrating .. like trying to empty the ocean with a tsp...
Well I came home and went to sleep for 3 hours - watched tv for an hour and now am ready to go back to sleep so have a good night all...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,877
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image