Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #380764 Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Carol has asked me to let you all know that she is having internet problems and cannot get online. All is fine otherwise.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina #380765 Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope you wake rested today, Nana. I also hope the eye exams go well.
Our schools also only have health aides that do a minimum. But Ted's spec ed school employs 2 full time RN's due to having a lot of children with fragile health. And the kids with violent tendencies are in separate classrooms with male aides for the most part. So although an occasional classmate of Ted's may have a meltdown or a seizure, it is about right where he belongs within his spectrum.
It is raining pretty good here. It is still a good soaking rain right now. It is supposed to become a really heavy rain a little later. And the areas that have had wildfires are in danger of mudslides. I expect my hillside to stay in place becaus eI have good growth to keep it that way.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #380766 Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning ,
Yes I finally got enough sleep to feel about normal now... hope your rain stays of the soaking kind... and good your hillside is planted well to keep it from sliding... seems like mother nature is trying to make up for the drought but wish she would keep it slow so it won't all end up in ocean
We will have a pretty nice day today till this evening then cold front will come in and we may get more snow this weekend.. better then , won't have to much running around to do then.

I haven't heard from Carrie yet .. she is taking boys to school right now if they went.. sure hope they did... I don't think they know where exactly to put Derek in our schools.. if they would give him a para then he could attend reg classes with a modified to his IEP currilculam-- they just won't do it... he loves to be with the other kids but he is slower at doing the work so needs the extra reading help and extra time to get the directions... they just don't see that while it isn't that easy it isn't that hard either... of course with CSP involved now maybe they will get the message that they need to listen to his parents a little more..

Well off to get my breakfast and my shower too... probably should do something to my house.. it's been ignored enough this last week....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380767 Feb 28th, 2014 at 01:02 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope it isn't a major problem with Carol's internet. I know it is cold there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380769 Feb 28th, 2014 at 06:02 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Nana, in my county the for attendance rules to be changed there has to be a medical diagnosis in the students cumulative record. The reasoning behind that is that if we let your child break the rules then we have to let the next child break the rule. A medical diagnosis trumps the rules. Hope it turns out for the best of the boys.

It is 4:00. I have been waiting on a delivery person who told me he'd be here between 9 and 2.

Tina #380774 Feb 28th, 2014 at 06:27 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well that works for kids who can get a diagnosis- but doesn't do much for kids whose docs can't figure out what is wrong, and they have been told that with abdominal migraines they can be ongoing and then when it's over he is so exhausted from not being able to eat and the pain that he can't function...then he feels better - eats and half the time it starts the cycle all over again... there is no end sometimes- just very brief respites... Carrie is looking into home schooling them the rest of this school yr since they don't seem to be doing anything about the homebound program for them... the CPS lady called this morning and found that very interesting since the req was put in 2 weeks ago for both boys... so we shall see I guess...

I got my towels in washer and dryer, cleaned a bathroom and emptied all the house trash- decided on dinner(ravioli with meat sauce and garlic toast) dusted upstairs and vacuumed .. just need to run it around the living room and kitchen, and the family room now and house will be mostly done.... at least I feel like something is done now..

Well off to get it done before eye appts time... got to do something to my hair too- since I grew it out it's more of a pain to keep out of my face.... LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380775 Feb 28th, 2014 at 06:46 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, a diagnosis is important. I hope they can write something up for both of your boys soon, Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380779 Feb 28th, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Will it help if the doctor writes requesting home bound? I think we have to have a doctor write for that here. How big is this school that they can't keep up with important things like this. I can't imagine. Maybe a call to someone on the Board of Education would help. Makes me want to pitch a fit.

Bestofour #380783 Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi everyone---sorry I have not been around ...My internet has been going in & out all day---and then this evening around supper I go so terribly dizzy that I could not take it----it was a good thing that supper was in the oven already. WE took my BP a few times & it is running arounf 102/60...which is really too low---when last at the drs it was running 113/70 & he was happy with that. So, I did not take my PB medication tonight & we will see how I am tomorrow.

Then I am hoping that tomorrow I will have internet for longer than a half hour at one time so I can check around here & see what is going on---

Nana: can't you explain to the Dr what is going on at school---I am thinking he would be willing to give you at least a working diagnosis--that or a letter of explanation outlining the issues the boys are having & how long they have been being checked & treated, etc., to the school system, so the boys can get what they need--gracious these people are supposed to be educated---sheese--
My 34 yr old DD is very well versed on childgood issues & such & she is only in elementarty education with a Masters in reading. I would like to think that people with enough schooling to be Principals & such would know ever so much more, and then treat children accordingly---

Poor babies----prayers are being sent your way.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #380784 Feb 28th, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well now that CPs is involved we are hoping that helps but today carrie emailed teacher to say all makeup work was done with Nicoli. And she would Bring it In at 2 and if we could have more. She tookit in but teacher emailed later that it would be ready .on Mon. So he loses the weekend to work on it.She could have been setting it aside for him all along...and no word about homebound from them... D's teacher did get carrie info on homeschooling.. Rules and such.....as for docs..they have written to the school and said it is ongoing and so far meds don't work ...school. Isn't listening so we hope judge and CPS can get them to do what is right and when you come down to it just common sense. If not we are doing homeschooling.

Nicoli was tired today but tonit he started in with another attack....Carrie gave him the knock out meds so he could sleep it off, he was in bed crying cause he hurt so bad,,,makes me want to drag the principal and teacher there to see what he goes thru,,,it will last 3 days and then he will take a couple days exhausted. Have a few hrs of feeling ok then it starts all over again....just so not fair to him...

the eye exams went well,Nicoli got new script and Derek needs them for far vision???so hope that helps some too just another thing we are trying to help,,,,

Yes Carol you would think these so called educators would know more and hopefully try to understand how hard this is fior the whole family,,, it's sure not something we asked for ....even the special end teachers acted like D was just being bad when his anxiety made him cry....
We'll I am heading for my pillows.....

have a good evening,
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #380785 Feb 28th, 2014 at 02:21 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
My prayers for your boys and the whole family continue, Nana.
I hope your internet stays connected, Carol.
Sweet dreams everyone. I am heading for bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380786 Feb 28th, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. We have had a bunch of rain. I am not sure what it has done for California's drought in general. A lot of it ran off of the surface and is heading straight to the ocean. But we have some snow pack and more on the way. That does into our reservoirs for drinking and irrigation.
I do not want to see a lot more of this kind of destructive storm, but regular rains each week like this through May would be very nice. Or even June and July.
I put a bucket out in the open on Thursday night. I went out before dark yesterday and stuck a ruler into it and measured 5 1/2 inches. I don't know how much more fell overnight and we are expecting more today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380787 Mar 1st, 2014 at 01:51 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning..

Got up early and now it is snowing a little- not much expected but will share if anyone wants it... it is chilly for sure... thinking about making meatloaves out of the turkey I have to freeze later- dinner will be leftovers...

Hope you get the nice rains you need Tina... the kind that soaks in and does not flood... we have seen enough bad storms and the results this last year....

Well off to get ready to go with Carrie... then back home to finish up the cleaning and cooking....

Have a good day all! I thank you all for your prayers for our boys... hoping Nicoli wakes up with no pain today...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #380792 Mar 1st, 2014 at 02:25 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Continued prayers, Nana.

I am doing housework today---and then night & tomorrow we are to get ice & snow both--- egad

I am SOOOOOOO ready for spring.

________

Tina #380794 Mar 1st, 2014 at 03:00 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you don't get much of the ice and snow, Carol. Don't wear yourself out with the cleaning. It will be there tomorrow and after. How is your cold?
I had planned on meatloaf this week as well, Nana. I'm not sure if I am going to get there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380795 Mar 1st, 2014 at 06:18 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
MY cold/flu is pretty well gone. Rod is still coughing & hacking & spitting up stuff. I had a flu shot & he did not. why
He says it is in his chest, and it never was in mine----I looked up walking pneumonis but I do not think he has that---
but then when I had pnuemonia, the Dr even said my lungs were clear. It took an MRI on my broken shoulder that t ime, to catch the pneumonia in my lungs--

I have the bedroom pretty well cleaned and some of the stuff I got for Valarie ironed (I am giving her a sheet & pillow case that I embroidered right before she was born.) & put in the box I will give it to her in.
I am washing my last load of clothes & I only have a few more dishes to wash. There is enough left overs for Rod's supper---I am sure I can find something for me to eat. I think I am set for the night... thumbup

________

Tina #380796 Mar 1st, 2014 at 07:06 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
When I am scraping something for myself, it usually ends up being soup. Tonight it is spaghetti with meat sauce for me.
Laundry is done for now. Tomorrow I'll be stripping beds.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380797 Mar 1st, 2014 at 07:22 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Last load in the dryer--and dishes are done--both the by hand ones and the dishwasher ones. On my news feed on Facebook one of teh news channels was adving that no one go out tonight or tomorrow unless it is a dire emergency. (We are in the news channel's viewing area, so I guess we are in for it as well.

I hope we do not lose power...But hey, at least we will have clean clothes & clean dishes... shewinks

I was going to strip beds tomorrow as well--we shall see if I do or not. why

I often eat soup too. But tonight I think I might eat roasted veggies.

I slice them up, then spray butter flavored spray and put salt & pepper on them... if I do tomatoes, I also add Thyme on them...

________

Tina #380798 Mar 1st, 2014 at 08:22 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I had roasted brussels sprouts last night. I think I prefer them steamed though. I love sprouts!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #380799 Mar 1st, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I love brussel sprouts too. I really need to buy fresh ones & try roasting them, like I have seen on the cooking shows.
I buy all frozen veggies but Peas. Those I buy canned. That way I can just fix enough for one meal at a time.

It is only 9:00 here & I am exahused---sheese.
_________

P.S.
10:00 here now----I think I will soon go to bed..

________

Tina #380800 Mar 1st, 2014 at 01:22 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol. I am counting the minutes until i can convince Ted it is bed time too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,910
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image