Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Oh Yes Sunny have lots of craft stuff here too.. odds and ends of stuff... boys come here everytime they need a box or something to use for a craft... with them not in school now I may have to get rid of some of it.... though they do still have art so maybe not... I had a big cork board for a while where we kept all the pictures and A papers for display.. but had to replace it with a rack for backpacs and coats when they got older...

We have had extra rain here too this summer- think it's rained at least once a week for a couple months... really nice and green here... loving it... just hope the snow doesn't have same idea for winter.. it can stay in the mountains... just not down here..

Well hubby just got out of shower so guess it's my turn now... guess we have a free day- so don't know what we will do... weird not to have it planned out already....LOL!

Have a wonderful day all...

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Most of the craft supplies I buy are for school donations. I do keep a bit around though. I have no young children left to entertain. It is very hard to throw things away that may have another use. I walk a fine line between thrifty reusing and hoarding and do purge once in awhile. In purging, a lot goes to the schools; shoeboxes, gift wrap, tissue paper, etc. Clothing goes to the community center if usable and to my rag bag if not. And general stuff goes wherever I can find it a home.
Today is another cooler day. I have old towels used for pet bathing and things that need washing. It is a good day to get that done.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes I knew that about Tina.
Sunny I guess you were blessed with a creative Grandchild is all.. why

about Rod:
He is starting to get quick tempered though. Telling me why don't people help him with his mom's stuff & if he can't take stuff to a donation center on Saturday, then he will just go do what he wants & too bad--mind you it is HIS Mom & His responsibility and he helps no one else unless it fits into his schedule & he gets LOTS of notice. ABD I do not make the donation rules for the center, so why get upset with me ?

and above all...it is HIS "retired" brother that is too busy going on vacations all over the country, to come to IL & help him with this mess...NOT my family....his...

OK going to watch TV now--then I go watch Luke again tomorrow.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry that Rod is so cranky and it falls on you. The stress is probably adding to his anxiety. I hope you got in some good Luke time today.
It got very cool here with thunder and lightning and some rain. It was very nice.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes I sure did get some Luke time in. he has seperation anxiety now---So I will be wporking on this for the forseable future. Emily says that she thinks it is form when she had a girl she & Valarie used to babysit for (she is now 21) over 1 day a week to watch Luke so she could run errands or just rest (what with being pregnant & all). BUT I think he got used to her being home all summer.

But he was fine even before Emily was out of the garage, so it will be fine.

Well yes you are most likley right about Rod, but to an extent, he was always like this---
he never got over being the baby of the family & what he wants usually comes first, or he gets out of sorts if how he wants things to go does not get to come first---well unless you give him LOTS of notice.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think separation anxiety happens often enough at different ages. He will learn to deal with it.
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Well yes you are most likley right about Rod, but to an extent, he was always like this---
he never got over being the baby of the family & what he wants usually comes first, or he gets out of sorts if how he wants things to go does not get to come first---well unless you give him LOTS of notice.

I think you are a bit of a saint.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, and sweet dreams all. I am heading towards my bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, got my lawn cut yesterday..will finish up some trimming and such today.

So sorry about Rod, it must be a hard situation on the both of you kissie Hoping Luke settles into his new routine soon.

Glad you got some rain Tina.

I am wondering what Nana did with her 'free' day.

Off to get my day started...I have some loose kitchen chairs that I am going to tackle. Glue nor the 'swelling treatment' has worked so out comes the drill with a package of screw lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I know that furniture is not made as well as it used to be. And if you shop antique stores, you will still find loose chairs just due to age.
We still have a slight chance of more rain today. That would be nice. Every drop counts.
I take my van in for an oil change today after I drop Ted at school. I will hang around and shop Home Depot there while it is getting done. And that will be the bulk of my day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--

On my way out the door. See you all kater---Luke is waiting...wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Have fun today!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi by Carol,

Enjoy your day with Luke... I too think you are a saint.... you put up with a lot!

We had a really nice rain last night- everything got soaked really nicely,,, still wet out there.... and cool...would love it if the weather stayed like this for a while...

Well on my free day we went to the dollar store- Big Lots... walked around and got a couple things good deal on sheets and then went to JoAnn's and got the fleece kit to make the new baby's blanket... had a coupon and they were on sale too... so for a big floor blanket it will only cost me about 15 dollars to make , have the batting already... now all I have to do is make the thing..LOL!
Then we came home- did a load of laundry, Joe decided he wanted steak for dinner so he grilled steak and corn on cob for us- made a salad and called it good... we put in a DVD of the second Hobbit movie and watched that... was a nice evening ... we did have to hunt down a big black cricket that found it's way into our family room... he was hiding under the cord I use for my laptop... I would have never been able to sleep with it chirping away all night... he must have come in when Joe was going in and out to the grill...

Carrie is having a hard time with the computer classes- they haven't modified them for Derek for his IEP so it's a lot of work to do for him and just takes a long time... told her to email the teachers and get it modified so he can do it comfortably- he gets so frustrated when he can't keep up... Nicoli is going alright but there are some directions they have to follow that she doesn't get so hopefully I can go over and make sense of it or Jon can - may call in Teresa to come help too she is computer savvy also and uses them in her job so knows how to do stuff we don't.... it may be to much for her to do and work if we can't get it figured out while she is off... don't know what else we can do... schools don't want to deal with the boys and won't cooperate at all.

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is a bummer that the schools are not there for your boys, Nana. I wish they were better about it. And I feel blessed with the options that I have with Ted.
Well, My oil change is moved to Monday. My mechanic was stuck on the freeway behind accidents for over an hour. I waited for that hour plus in the sunny parking lot and came home with a headache. I just want to make sure he can do it in the morning hours so I am free to pick up Ted in the early afternoon. So Monday it is.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, Nana. It is nice to be appreciated by someone-- :)

I am sorry for Carrie & the boys. I too would think that the school would be responsible for making sure that Carrie understood the lessons & how to administer them. OR at very least make sure that Carrie knew where to go to get help when she needed it.

I think I am catching Luke's cold (or whatever it is that he had/has.) I took some Airborne. I think I will also pop some Emergen-C.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Don't get sick, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tina, that is the plan !!!

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams. I am beginning my evening shut down. I'm tired.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am headed to bed as well. I am not tired, but I need to get some rest, even if I do not go to asleep soon. I need some energy so I can chase a 2 yr old tomorrow--- shewinks

G'nite & Sweet Dreams

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
My son in laws nephew has prader willi and they ended up home schooling him because they couldn't get him what was needed at public school and his dad is a big wig at the school central office. If the law isn't specific the school isn't going to do it. They don't have the time or the budget. They fought the battle through 4th grade then decided to home school. It was a constant battle. One of the issues was to allow him to be taken from the cafeteria when he had finished his food tray because he would want to eat everything else on other trays but they didn't have staff to take him. It seemed like senseless stuff but they just didn't have the staff. I couldn't believe they wouldn't accommodate him when his dad has such a high profile job but they didn't. I talked to a woman on Tuesday who recently moved to NC from Rhode Island and she said her child's disability (can't remember what it is) isn't even recognized as a disability in the state of NC so her child can't get what she was getting in Rhode Island and what mom feels she needs. Sometimes it's better to stay put than to move to a new place. Nana I sure feel for your family having to deal with all this.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. But I will go back to bed for an hour or so. Too early for me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It's such a shame how the system doesn't recognize the needs of certain children. We are pretty lucky here, they have a lot of support and staff to help with the school system. If a child is in need of care they can have their own teacher's aide. It is amazing how children who would otherwise be at home get to be part of the normal routine. I pray that your system soon changes.

Today will be the last 'haying day' of the year. It seems there is always plenty to do around here.

Have a good day everyone.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I would like to see the system improve in many ways. Even for the children not qualified for special ed. There are bright kids who cannot follow the current curriculum because they just learn differently. The schools try to push square pegs into round holes. It crushes talents. And it is not good for mental stability of everyone.
We are back to hot weather. I will miss the coolness and the break from running my coolers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Thanks for all the kind words... now we are trying a different tactic... if we can get a charter school close by to accept the boys we will enroll them there.. depends mostly on if they can modify Derek's IEP... so Carrie is working on that now... they will take Nicoli and give him a 504 plan to accomadate his illness which of course the principal had never heard of.. but with doc's statements and his needs spelled out they will do what it takes to make it possible for him to attend school... so that is wonderful news for us... now to get them to accept Derek, they have a good special ed team he said and they would work with him to catch up and use whatever it took to help him learn since his disability seems to be unique to him ... so we are praying the online school will modify the IEP, then we can take it to the charter school and they can remodify it to what they can do ... he wants to go to a reg school and so does Nicoli so please pray that all this works out and my poor Carrie can get some of the stress of this off her shoulders.... I know the school system here is broke and cutting all the corners they can but these kids need the help and I know we don't have the only ones here that are being ignored..

We are really cool here today- cloudy and just nice.... been sprinkling off and on all day too but not to much ... keeps my water bill down for sure.. it's half of what it was last summer at least... don't have to run cooler either which helps a lot....

Well laundry is buzzing at me- got to get it finished and see what else I can do ...

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Prayers, Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I never napped today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Prays from me too Nana.

I am so hoping that everything works out for you and the boys.

I should already be sleeping....G'nite all.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is cooler today. That makes it a good time to strip the beds and do laundry. So that is the beginning of my list today. Then we will see how the day goes from there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend ahead. Not much planned here...too broke to do much lol

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Very busy here---I worked 5 hours last night going thru & dividing & throwing away pictures & cards. I think Marie had every card & picture she was ever given. Nowhere near done yet

Furniture is being moved today.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is difficult going through all of the paperwork for someone else, Carol. I have gone through hours of John's stuff and there is more tucked away. Some I have tossed into boxes for Jonni to deal with someday. Especially photos.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes it is difficult Tina. I am now done sorting the boxes that I had Rod leave upstairs.

I have stuff divided between:

Rod's Brother & his family
Rod & I
Valarie
Emily
Marie's sister
Marie's niece Chris
Marie's niece Donna

There are many more boxes down in the basement.
BUT I need to go thru the bunch of items in our guest bedroom first--

Then today I had Rod bring home the bookcase that I wanted. It is about 7 ft. high & 4 feet wide. it has 8 sections and there is just one shelf all across the top. I moved a few things & got rid of some plants (yep I really did). Well, they are on the porch & will go to a donation site on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I will replace the shelves & put my family photos on it. YAY..

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I cannot believe I did not come in to say goodnight last night.
I love bookcases, Carol.
Yesterday was productive for me. Lots of stuff done around the house. There is always so much to do. I need to clone me to get it all accomplished. Today wil be a quick trip out for a few things and to fill the tank. Then getting ready for school this week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Tina, there is always lots to do for sure....sometimes I wonder if people are not better off on rent.

Yay on the new bookcase, It will be nice to show off those pics of the grandbabies grin

Decided to take some money out of savings to get some repair items for my kitchen cabinets....they need a new staining and varnishing very badly...as well as new hinges.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I need to do my kitchen cabinets too. I hate those things. I was just looking at them while watching the news of the earthquake above San Francisco and seeing the damage. I want latches on my cabinets so my dishes don't shake out and onto the floor. If the quake is big enough, the cabinets themselves will come down. But in a smaller quake, I could save some heartache, mess and some dishes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
A woman doctor from India came to a school meeting one time and said that the US school system tries to teach each child everything and that's not possible. She said other countries systems are better because children are taught specific things rather than everything. I guess that is good if you're interested in what you're supposedly learning. I had never thought of it that way but it's true - we try to teach every child everything.

Johnny has papers, slides, pictures and a bunch of stuff that belonged to his grand father. What are we supposed to do with this? Take it out and look at it once in a while? I've tried to give it to his sisters but they don't want it either and Johnny won't throw it away. He thinks his children will want it someday. I'm taking bets on that.

I need new kitchen cabinets too. Mine have a veneer on them so they can't be refaced.

I cleaned out my cabinets and moved things around and now my tupperwear doesn't fall out every time I open the cabinet door.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I am heading to bed finally.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
ah clones of me---that is a good idea you have, Tina. if you figure out how to do that let me know. shewinks

I have thrown away lots--but will let others do some throwing also. esp. Rod's brother.

thankfully my cabinets are good yet. what we need is rod's Desktop fixed and oh yea, we need our central A/C unit repaired. thank goodness for laptops and beds in basements. thumbup

g'nite from me as well.

I will not be in tomorrow most likely---Rod will be home all day.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
My stain isn't dark enough so I'll have to return it...I need it a few shades deeper to hide the damage from over the years. You know Sherri, they have a wonderful kit called 'Rustoleum Transformations'...it will make veneer cupboards look like new. Tina, those latches sound like a great idea.

Hoping your repairs are a quick and cheap fix Junie.

I love looking through old pics but papers are another story lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I was up quite a bit in the night and have a busy day planned today. I hope I get to wedge a nap in there. I am ready for one already.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. A great deal of the day was driving my older son to 2 different ER's. He got attacked by a dog last night. He is home now and fed and ready to go to bed. I am ready as well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image