Tina #390945 Jan 31st, 2016 at 05:44 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Last week we where in the high 50's as far as weather goes (unseasonably warm); this week it's been about mid 40's and rainy (like it should be this time of year).

Since the kiddos where at their mothers' houses this weekend I started "spring cleaning" my office area; got an 8' table wedged out of the corner so I could put up a 5 shelf unit to try to organize things more. After I got the table out in the shed and everything shuffled around I called it a night and figured I'd work on it more today...

Yeah, I threw out my back, I can hardly move today, lol. I managed to hobble over to the front of the office area and toss a ton of old DVD's/CD's that're outdated and have no hope of being used again (maybe about half of them got tossed, and that was just the half of disc's that I go to going through).

I'm waiting for Trey to get home so I can convince him to rub icy hot on my back, lol. It was a productive weekend at least!

Nana, I hope you're feeling better! And, I hope so too for you Carol!

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Tina #390946 Jan 31st, 2016 at 05:49 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Ouch! Feel better soon, James.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #390947 Jan 31st, 2016 at 05:52 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Thanks; I'd hoped to have gotten the chair cleaned off at least, so Trey could use the computer, but I can't get that out of the way until I get the rest of the CD's sorted, that or invent room somehow lol.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Tina #390951 Feb 1st, 2016 at 05:24 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope everyone is well this first day of February. It is cold but the rain seems gone. So it will be a good day here. Besides school, it is banking and bill paying day here. So that is what I will be doing.
Have a good day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390952 Feb 1st, 2016 at 07:50 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

The weather is mixed...we should be shovelling out windows here. Instead we have about two feet of snow out there, it storms then melts from the rain. touched

We were hit with rain last night and freezing rain this morning. Of course I had to go out to sand....and fell with the bucket of sand in my hand. I'll have a plate sized bruise on my hip now. badday

They are calling for a bad snow storm in the middle of the week....honestly I'd rather that then the rain.

I hope you feel better soon Gremelin...and take back your rain Tina.

Off to fix a broken couch spring...wish me luck.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #390953 Feb 1st, 2016 at 08:43 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning !!! Here I am !!! Yesterday early evening I lost my internet service. So I tried a few things & finally gave up this morning after 9am & called my provider. The nice tech fixed my problem (whatever it was..they must have a policy to never say) and so here I am.

James, I do so hope that your back feels better soon. If not I guess you need to make a call. I am counting the days until I go see my Surgeon for my Post-Op visit. I cannot wait. This binder and not scrubbing the surgery area, and NOT putting lotion on the dry itchy area, is making me crazy. Friday cannot come soon enough.

I did go outside and sit awhile on Saturday. Then yesterday I had Rod take me with him to go see our Moms. It was nice to got out of the house.

We are supposed to get storms (of some kind) tonight and/or tomorrow.

I wish everyone a good day.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #390955 Feb 1st, 2016 at 09:56 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Gosh James, hope your back gets straightened out (no pun intended). I go to a chiropractor once in a while or mine will pop out.

This morning I woke with a horrible and I mean horrible sore throat. Ginger has been sick and I read online that a sore throat only takes 24-72 hours incubation time so I've been around her long enough. I gargled with salt water and took a Motrin.

Sunny, no idea how to begin to fix a broken couch spring. Good for you! Hope you aren't too bruised up from the fall.

I've been cleaning out drawers and closets a little at a time. Where does all this stuff come from? Do we really buy it or does it just show up?

Tina #390957 Feb 1st, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope your bruises go away soon, Sunny. Good luck on your spring.
Carol, it sounds like a good day yesterday except for the itching. I hope the doctor clears you to scrub away.
I hope your sore throat goes away ASAP, Sheri.
It was a busy Monday for me. But it falls on the first so...

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390958 Feb 1st, 2016 at 05:37 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Thanks for the well wishes...I am feeling better...think most of it reaction to being cold.... we got about 6 inches of snow so far...hasn't left yet... still coming down... and staying cold for awhile... good thing I have elec warming throws to use ... James do take care, my hubby puts his back out easily...he has finally learned just how far he can push it...does take a lot out of you to be in pain I know... Sunny do hope that bruise heals quickly.. I get so afraid of falling now... Carol I hope your surgeon lets you go ahead and get back to normal soon... I remember the healing itch when I had my hysterectomy... drove me crazy...Sheri hope your sore throat goes away soon...about half way thru language arts today my grandson told me his throat hurt too... sure hope he doesn't share with me....

It is definitely the first and our pay and bill paying day too... got up a little early today to get that done.. then went over and did our school stuff...we have a book to read and daily vocab , sentences to write and short paragraphs to write every other chapter or so...not hard just lots of time to do it...

Well I am off to heat up some leftovers for dinner... it will be an early night for me... got another 2 days of school before I get a day off to finish reorganizing my kitchen...wish it would warm up enough soon so I could clean my carpet...would have to run fans now to get it to dry...

Hope everyone is having a good evening.....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #390959 Feb 1st, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello everyone !! I didn't really do much today--I shall have to make up for it tomorrow. Right now I have the dishes going in the dishwasher & a load of towels on the couch calling me to come & fold them...Silly towels.... neenee

My Mom is getting to come home from therapy tomorrow. She is way beyond happy. She has not been home since Thanksgiving weekend.
Since I cannot drive, my sister is having to come & get her & bring her home.

Yes, Nana that falling thing is a worry for me as well. I fell back at my DD's & I was so afraid, but all I did was bruise myself. getting old is definitely NOT for ninny's.

Sorry for the sore throat, Sheri--I hope it is short lived. Nana, I hope that your grandson doe snot share his sore throat with you either.

I have enough food that I think I will tell Rod that he can eat it for supper tomorrow night. I might make him some hot rools to go with it.

I am a bit tired from rocking in the recliner that I have to sit in these days. otherwise tonight is good here.

________

Tina #390960 Feb 1st, 2016 at 07:15 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Is lunch with your ceramics friends cancelled due to weather tomorrow, Carol?
I hope your grandson didn't share something with you Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390961 Feb 1st, 2016 at 09:51 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I can hardly hold my head up.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390962 Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes Tina hat is it mainly. I am afraid I might fall if it was rainy or windy. Plus my mom might have someone come by tomorrow to pick up some of her things, so I should be here for in case.

Sweet dreams. Tina I too am very tired. wavy

________

Tina #390963 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It's cold outside. I don't like the cold. But I have to deal with it sometimes. I just had to get my protest in. The local ground hog is going to see his shadow today so I'm ready to hunker down for the next few weeks.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390964 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 06:53 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

I hope everyone feels better soon...sick bugs tend to linger in Winter. I hardly slept last night and my bruise on my backside is the size of my hand. I am thankful though for the extra padding I have though lol

I have to make a Walmart run with my daughter and grands today....it is calling for bad weather for the rest of the week and I want to make sure she gets the baby's formula for the month ahead.

I have a nice pot of meatballs and spaghetti sauce simmering...it sure smells good.

Have a good Groundhog day everyone.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Tina #390965 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 07:24 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Mmm, Spaghetti sounds good, Sunny. Sounds like a good idea.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #390966 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 07:26 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I got up at 5 am. Sadly I stayed up. I am thinking strongly of going back for an early morning nap.

My sister may come by to get my mom's things that I have here as she is being discharged from rehab today. So, I made sure that mom's items are ready to go.

The weather is supposed to be bad today---a storm of some sort...no (or not much) snow, but strong winds and rain, or so "they" say.

________

Tina #390967 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 08:12 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Morning,,

I was up early today, Carrie texted me at 530 to tell me boys have a snowday and Jon was going to work from home so I get a snowday too! Well been awake ever since but didn't wake hubby..it's finally light outside but no shadows for our ground hog to see if he was brave enough to come out even... they said on weather we might get a couple more inches before it blows east some more... got at least a foot now... I see shoveling in my future...

I will finish re arranging my kitchen today... help Joe get new blind hung too... it's been sitting in corner for 2 weeks... thought new new one would go up in old one's fastners but no.. it is made differently... so have to take down old ones too... why can't they just keep one way of doing things...

Well got to figure out dinner tonit... any suggestions... thinking maybe fish sandwiches... have some mahi burgers in freezer.. and salad stuff to make..... easy and can do on indoor grill...

Have a good day all..... coffee is on...left a batch of cinnamon rolls too..... enjoy!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #390968 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 09:06 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Nana where did you get the mahi burgers? Sounds good.

Johnny got rear ended last night by a man who fell asleep at the wheel. He was going 70 miles an hours and since he was asleep he didn't brake. Thankfully Johnny's work van is big and heavy so his only injury is a bump on his head and a sore back and neck. His van is totaled though. The mans insurance company called and told Johnny "I'll make this easy for you and wire you a check for $500.00." No thank you.

Bestofour #390969 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
LOL Insurance companies.... the guy in the 100% wrong's ins. company "will make it easy" for Johnny, yea right...I think Johnny's work gets their van replaced & Johnny gets his medical bills & such paid for. Insurance companies think people are stupid....

Well, I got my nap...2 hours, so I must have needed it. I do feel better I must say.

Enjoy your day off Nana. I agree that items should be made the same. What is it to the companies if we use the same hardware...it saves a LOT of work but makes them not much money if we have new "everything".

________

Tina #390970 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I need a 2 hour nap. This cough is wearing me down.

Tina #390971 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm glad you didn't fall for the ins. Co. blabber, Sheri. I am mostly glad Johnny didn't get seriously injured.
Do have a good snow day, Nana.
I am glad you got some rest, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390974 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 09:45 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams. Somebody gets to open a new coffee house.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #390975 Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
All righty then. will do !!

This one is..............................CLOSED................................................

________

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,918
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image