Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning....we lost power last night due to a car accident cutting off a hydro pole. I know nothing other than the basics but it is good to have power back finally.

We are getting another snow storm tonight...hoping to get some house things completed.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am of mixed feelings for your snow. It means employment for your family, but, well snow.
I've spent a good part of the morning unclogging a bathroom sink. So I also cleaned out my others in case they were thinking of following in their leader's footsteps.
Nearly ready to head out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
We're supposed to have our first 70+ degree weather for the year, a little earlier than normal out this way. Scary to hear that you guys are still having snow! (but then again, we don't usually get the cold stuff on the valley floor here in Oregon).

Though, we've been having heavy wind over the last month, and parts of the neighbors tree have been falling out at random (which is bad because in front of her house is the only above ground power lines in the neighborhood.

I saw the Dr last week, and he wants me to go Gluten Free on top of no sugar to try to get my Diabetes under control; life shall be miserable without Pizza and doey breads...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
No good news. He was extubated yesterday around 1 but re-intubated last night around 11. No change today. The new diagnosis is ARDS. It's like a bad dream.

Is Juniegirl with the new babies?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No, Carol is with her daughter with the two boys.
I looked out my glass door today and thought it was snowing. But it is just some tiny white petals from some large shrubs blowing in the wind. It was lovely.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm excited that Carol is scheduled to be home again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that.
Sweet dreams all. I'm dead tired.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I'm up, in spite of myself.
It is another cold, drizzly morning. I will bake some chicken today and whatever else sounds good. It helps warm it up indoors. And gives me dinners for a couple of days.
I am not sure what else I will accomplish today but it will be something. I hope everyone has a great day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good afternoon.

I am so sorry Sherri, I will continue prayers...it is not to often that I hear of ARDS in children(we call it Shock lung here).

Grem, there are a lot of gluten free recipes for pizza online, a few people use Pinterest to get their recipes and catalog them...I hope it helps manage your diabetes.

Tina, enjoy your fake snow grin

We are having the worst snow storm that we have had in years....I can't even describe how bad it is out there but I will take some pics to share. I have been out 3 hours cleaning snow and have not even made a dent into it. I am just in to dry my snowsuit in the dryer than back out I go.

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Yeah, I've been looking up various gluten free resturaunts; since having all of these "fun weird people" in Portland (the motto is "Keep Portland Weird") we have all sorts of Gluten Free places. And I hear Subway has a gluten free bread and at both Dominos and Papa Murphy's have Gluten Free crusts, so it'll be easier to do this now than what it would have been a few years ago. The problem is going to be that the gluten makes bread chewy, so without it everything is kind of dense and lackluster, lol.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I'm Baaack !!!! wavy We got in at noon, but I had errands to run & then supper to make....but hey, here I am !!!!

I had a wonderful time !!! Emily made WAY too much food, and it was wonderful !!! The boys were SO much fun !!!!

I was supposed to fry breakfast Pork chops, & make a dinner around it on Saturday night---well, they went to a grocery where butchers cut all the meat fresh---and they simply cut 1-inch chops in half length-wise...so Carol fried 1/2 inch chops--but hey, Emily did not have to do it.

Then Easter evening I fried thin-sliced green tomatoes for my SIL, to go with the left-overs from Easter Lunch....Emily ate a lot of the Tomatoes too. shewinks

yes, "Gram" & Grandpa had a great time !!! Luke & I "played Trains and we made "Fancy Parking lots" with construction building blocks ( you make a 3-sided "lot" and park big construction toys in it) Then you take a green block with a grid on it, & that is "Gram's computer" & an Orange one and that is "Luke's computer" & you use them !!! it was wonderful...I taught Micah to play Paddy-cake & he, who is not talking a lot, did say paddy cake & clap for me.....

I missed you guys too !!! and no, NO internet for me the whole time... tears

James--really Gluten free?? I am so very sorry....If you need I can get info for you. Both my Mom & brother eat Gluten free.

Sheri : I am SO sorry to hear about Colby !!!! I do so hope it is not ARDS. Isn't that what Cindy had back in the day ??

Please keep us posted, OK ?? Prayers for Colby, Shelley & the whole family.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome home, Carol. I am glad you had a good time. You were missed.
James, you didn't need you teeth bouncing off your bread anyway. Seriously, I would missed my carbs desperately.
Yes, ARDS is what Cindy had and it is not good. I have been praying for Colby too. Hard.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I need to go to bed to get warm.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good NIght all.

I too am headed to bed---nite nite wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

Yay, Junie is back kissie

I spent the evening shoveling snow off of roofs...my arms ache today. DH and I have errands to run in the afternoon. Honestly, I could go back to bed.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I went out with my coffee and watched the sunrise. It was cold but nice. And as it is overcast the sun really never came out. But it's supposed to warm up te next few days. That will be nice for dog washing. Today is vacuuming.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning a bit late. It is good to be back !

I got the $$$ I owed the postman out in the mail today just as he was coming up to give us our mail.

Then I began to put away clothes & such from our trip. I still have laundry to do from that though.

I decided that I would stop in for a bit before I continued with that. shewinks

I really need to run a few errands but it is thundering & raining off & on so I think I will stay here for now.

Has anyone heard from Sheri ???

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all.

No news from Sheri yet...prayers are continued.

Errands are finished and it seems there was no mistake made on my land tax..it has indeed gone up over $300 this year. I was not impressed. I can't imagine what people with nice homes have received for bills.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH MY--so sorry for the land tax increase. I pray every years that our property taxes do not increase--when they do I protest them. sad thing is I no longer have a friend in the reality business around here to help me do it. Since IL is so far in debt I am expecting ours to raise also. rolz If ever were wrong this would be the year. I need to go out & get bottled water for Rod's lunch. I do so wish the storming, even as mild as it is, would stop so I could do that. tapfoot

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad my property taxes can't go up. At least until I die. We stopped the state from raising them to squander. Of course they've found revenue in other areas like gas. We pay more than any other state, I think.
I got some things done around here today. Some recycling out and stuff. It feels good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I've never eaten green tomatoes, or fried tomatoes, did I mention that I don't really like tomatoes? lol.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time, we've all missed you around here!

This gluten free thing is going to kill me... Where I'm noticing more energy and less bloat, I generally eat bread with every meal, sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, etc. I've found that Bisquick has a gluten free formula, as do some other brands (a lot of cereal brands are gluten free), I just need to work some things out that aren't going to cost me anymore in food (we already get down to next to nothing by the end of the month, so having to spend more cash on what we already buy is a huge strain).

I found this bread alternative, but unfortunately it's the Gluten that makes your bread nice and soft and chewy; so it's dense, super dense... and the taste just isn't right at all, lol.

I haven't used bottled water in some time, except for in our emergency kits. We filter everything, and have a filter in the fridge, a britta, and a Zero Filter; ends up a little cheaper in the long run (just use a lot of refillable bottles).

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can find good substitutes without breaking the bank, James.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Colby does have ARDS, is still on a vent, on a paralytic, sedatives, antibiotics, and tube feedings. Things haven't changed yet.

James, there a phone app that you can swipe over a bar code that will tell you if something is gluten free. A friend visiting Shelley yesterday was talking about it because her child has to eat gluten free.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I will add Colby to my prayers, Sheri. Please keep us updated.

James. there are premade breads that are not so bad. Or so my mom says. she used to make hers out of rice flour, but yes, they are heavy & dense. This new that she buys is actually quite good. Watch out for the cereals that "say" they are gluten free. some are gluten free but are ran thru the same machines that the gluten cereals are.

a phone app==how cool

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I hope things work out well for him, Sheri. My heart aches for his little self. Prayers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Way past time to close this one.

A new CH awaits...see you there... wavy

________

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,929
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image