Print Thread
Rate Thread
#5512 Mar 27th, 2007 at 07:16 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Njoynit Lovess Her fishing!!![Linked Image] And soo do I and a lot of other members here.. I thought I'd start this back up again for us now that a lot of us are getting back out on the waters this spring and summer..
Ya got any good stories or pictures??? [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#5566 Mar 27th, 2007 at 07:39 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cindy you are soooooo Silly!![Linked Image]

Ahhhh wasn't you suppose to be making a video of your Fish for Mel???[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #5628 Mar 27th, 2007 at 08:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Great topic Diane! I don't have any good stories or pics right now but with summer right around the corner I'm sure that I will come up with some. We love to fish and spend many nights down by the river near my house.

#5629 Mar 27th, 2007 at 08:18 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhh Cool!!! I love night fishing or the weeee hours of the morning!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #5677 Mar 27th, 2007 at 08:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
James goes night fishing for catfish all the time in the summer! They go out at about 8 pm and usually get home at 8 am! I don't do that very often but I have a few times! That just gets to be too long for me to sit in a boat! I try to sleep out there but it doesn't work very good!

#8025 Mar 29th, 2007 at 08:11 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
Here's some shots!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/njoynit/House/?action=view&current=1175180176.pbw

I didn't catch anything yesterday,but got more tan& practiced rowing and lost a lure(which I tied a pink string on lilly pad for later swimming& retrieving)And hooked another stupid hook in thumb.I swear I'm gonna buy a thimble for hooking minnows.I've lost all my bait clips.
I've been fishing so much,I've not been sowing seeds....so now i'm sowing seeds cause know spring fling is sending me more to play with.I might fish a lil tonight.I've learned my one fishing spots hole depths better now.I took depth finder out.water deeper than I thought.I even found a spot 28 ft deep.

Enjoy the show.will do another latter.My husbands brothers are coming in this weekend for lake fork fishing from Indpls.I'm staying here to fish.Now you know why we are getting RAIN Diane.Randy brings it every year from Indpls.He called the other day letting me know my nephew was bringin a friend.it rained afterwards& the rain will start Saturday.....cause he'll be in TX.
someone stocked Ms D's lake with catfish.Brian called & told me they dumped 2 55 gallon drums off of um.I haven't caught one yet.but i hope they eat them polywogs.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #8485 Mar 29th, 2007 at 04:49 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOw I enjoyed your slide show!!!

Oh Mannnn I've just got try to get down and visit you with all those cat's in Mrs. D's Lake I aching to get there and catch some!!

28 FT!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I'l bet there some pretty big bottom feeders down there!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#8567 Mar 29th, 2007 at 05:53 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Our Lincense are from August to August, no matter what time of year you buy it It expires in August,, Where as In Kansas it expires year to date of purchase~

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#8572 Mar 29th, 2007 at 05:56 PM
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Here is a boat I bought a while back. It is a older v bottom boat. So this summer we can go fishing. Diane and her Grandsons are helping me use it and catch all the fish in North Texas.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Jimmy V #8578 Mar 29th, 2007 at 05:59 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhhh I can't wait !! I'm sooo ready to get on that water!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #8627 Mar 29th, 2007 at 06:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
VERY cool Jimmy, you guys are gonna have a blast out there on that boat!

Me and Mark love to go fishing.....I had never been until I met him, and I urged him to take me.....I figured I'd like it, and I do! Nice and relaxing---I don't even care if I catch anything really, just like sitting out there.

Gotta get our licenses this year, we forgot last year!

#8864 Mar 30th, 2007 at 06:25 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
This is from last summer but
this is what came out of our lake
he was so happy [Linked Image] a big o catfish

#9032 Mar 30th, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I will have to post some pics of James' catfish that they catch out of the river here! They are huge! I went with him a couple times and I can't even reel them in! They are fighters! They enter into a catfish contest every year and that is a big deal for these guys. Starting in June they will spend many of nights out on the river!

#9217 Mar 30th, 2007 at 03:04 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I would love to be in Texas fishing right now..... [Linked Image]

Ohhh Cindy We'd love to have you here finshing too!!!! It would be a blast!!!! I really want to go down to Njoynit's Land area she has some awesome fishing spots!!

Loz~~ I too can just sit there and not catch a thing,, it is sooo relaxing and quiet,, Ohh which reminds me I have to let the grandsons know about talking the fish away[Linked Image] especially my oldest G'son[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bettyboop1948 #10351 Mar 31st, 2007 at 11:31 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by bettyboop1948
This is from last summer but
this is what came out of our lake
he was so happy [Linked Image] a big o catfish

WHoaaa Looks like you've got quite the fishermen there!! He had every right to be proud of those cats!!! :clps: :thum:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#10479 Apr 1st, 2007 at 07:17 AM
I have a story for you.

It was July 3:00 am I went to pick up my fishing buddy Jacky she was just getting off a night shift at a private police club.
I had slept for 6 hours after work and planned to stay up the remaining night and afternoon.

I have a little 6 man rubber dingy with a 30 lbs thrust Minkoda electric motor for trolling. In the bottom of the dingy is a 5 inch thick foam rubber - very comfy. The sun was just coming up and Jacky fell asleep on the foamy that is like water bed...

A high power speed boat went by and as I crossed the wake I noticed many fish knocked out by the concussion of the speed boat so planned a trick. I would pretending to be calling the fish and Jacky opened her eyes and asked me what I was doing I said the rods aren't working so I will call them in and at that very moment I grabbed a 4 lbs white wish and it immediately came to life and flipped and landed in Jacky's lap -- I laughed so hard because all Jacky seen was me calling a fish and one jumping in the boat ... I still laugh when I think about it...

I am a confessed fishing fanatic, and do a lot of winter fishing parked on a frozen sheet of ice eating fresh fish and rice.

A bad day fishing beats a good day working...

The infinitesimally small seed that produces the giant is the winner...

Clive Webmaster of The Writers Voice
Cliver_McGyver #10742 Apr 1st, 2007 at 02:17 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Omg That is a fantastic story !!! And what a story to pass on! I Would have paid admission to see that one!! LOLOLOLOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #10774 Apr 1st, 2007 at 02:57 PM
2k Posts
2k Posts
They changed them some this year.Now there IS a 12 month license.Its $45.I guess I broke the law a few weeks ago catching turtles huh...oh well.I didn't behead them....I tossed across road& Uh set one up for road kill(I knew a dually was due through shortly....)

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/general/fish_licenses/

Lake fork has a fishing tournament April 10-13.1 MILLION $$$$ PURSE!

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20070328a

I think Russell is going to stay a week.....to watch.He scedualed a job to do that week up in Richardson.I'm undecided right now.thinking of going up wensday.I'm watching the weather.Had rain this morning.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #10848 Apr 1st, 2007 at 04:54 PM
Hello there, fellow Texans :shotz: Them some mighty fine hats yall got. Nice boots, too. grin

So, uh, how yall doin? Um, know any good fishin spots, good buddies? :lala:

I'm new to Texas and haven't gone fishing once, yet. I'm in pain, suffering, I tell ya. I'm from south/coastal Louisiana and am used to salt water fishing in salt to brackish water. Reds, specs, croaker, flounder, drum, sheeps head, trigger fish, sharks and the like. Did some fresh water bow fishing, too.

A lead on fishing in Dallas, Tarrant and surounding counties would be much appreciated. I'd like it if I didn't have to drive for hours.

I've been to lake Grapevine by land. Texas parks says it has good bass and catfish with crappie. Ha, I hear people here call em croppie.

How's the canoe scene? I learned a little about the Trinity River, but haven't been in it. I've canoed in Louisiana, Missippi and Florida. Usually keeping the bottom side down. Usually. :devl:

Any good bank fishing?

Thanks, yall :)

Grow ON!
SideBurns #10865 Apr 1st, 2007 at 05:11 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Sideburn ~~~ Here is a link that will answer your questions along with maps and directions ~ all pretty close, I have no idea what City your in so if you actually in Dallas Most of these spots are only going to be a 30 to 40 minute drive at most I've never been deep sea fishing I'd love to try it! guess one of these days I'll get to Houston or Galveston and charter a boat! :thum:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/programs/gofishing/dfwfish/dfw_map.phtml

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #14381 Apr 4th, 2007 at 11:41 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
Angel...you get ready to charter a boat....better call me.I think I wouldn't mind LIVIING on a boat sometimes,but I'd miss my garden.
Sideburns.You have GOT to try Lake Fork.It's worth the drive.It's where you catch them record breakers.You might find your salt water fishing leads helpful too.Fish from the 515 bridge.you can camp at one end.And NOW is the best time to fish Lake Fork (well maybe not the 13-15 ...but has a 1 million$$$ purse....)
I've fished out of Trinity.Has some good fishing.
Crappie is good eatin.My favorite fish besides seafood.

angelblossom #21011 Apr 13th, 2007 at 03:05 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
This one was caught this Easter day [Linked Image] Harleys b/f caught it they had a good time I couldn't believe they were bitting in our lake already [Linked Image] part of the lake ;) [Linked Image]

Last edited by bettyboop1948; Apr 13th, 2007 at 03:07 AM. Reason: let pic off l ol
bettyboop1948 #22551 Apr 14th, 2007 at 02:22 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Wow That was some good catchin there SandY!!! shock grin thumbup clap clap clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #26867 Apr 19th, 2007 at 03:56 PM
2k Posts
2k Posts
I been fishing alot...and catching non fishing stuff as usual.We also recently learned that they will pay $11 a lb for turtle meat in LA. I caught a tiki torch Tuesday.I swear it bit the hook,but was just a tiki torch when arrived to shore.I played how many lures am I gonna loose Wensday& just retrieved one of rods this morning....cause I was NOT looseing another lure.Especially being it was my 1st cast...stupid chatter lure. I've lost my weedless lizzard& now forgot where I lost it.(I got smarter now....I carry camera...shoot a picture where loose my crap.Need to teach turtles to retrieve,,,,,,)Oh I did smack one turtle on head with paddle...Didn't see another turtle on a log for 2 hours.
Bought 15 doz +3 Doz+2 Doz minnows.We are down to about 5 doz.
What's with the rock bass?Am I catching the same guy?or all they all that size only.........

njoynit #33158 Apr 28th, 2007 at 05:45 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
I want to go fishing now!

Wrennie #33160 Apr 28th, 2007 at 05:56 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
lol lolNjoynit You are toooooo funny!!!
Hey if you teach turtles to retrieve You'll Be rich!!! bop

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #33769 Apr 29th, 2007 at 07:50 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Our Lincense are from August to August, no matter what time of year you buy it It expires in August,, Where as In Kansas it expires year to date of purchase~

DH says they expire at the end of year. He's always complaining about if you buy one in December, it's full price, even though you'll need a new one in a month. I'll have to look at his license and see when it expires. I'd laugh my butt off if my know-it-all DH was wrong about that!

Njoynit, wow! DH is drooling over those fish pics!

We went out fishing last night, with 3 yr old and 5 yr old in tow. The river was completely dried up last year, is now about 4 feet deep near the shore. Although the kids were talking and excitedly squealing everytime they caught a stick, DH caught about a 17 inch striper bass. It's the first thing he's caught in a loooooong time--he was only about 5 feet upriver from us, I was floored there were fish even near us with the chatterboxes going full force. The kids were so excited to see the fish and waved goodbye when we put it back in the river. My youngest said "fishy looks liscious" (delicious).

Can't wait to hear more about you guys' fishing tales, some of them are hilarious!

Last edited by LandOfOz; Apr 29th, 2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: can't spell

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
LandOfOz #33789 Apr 29th, 2007 at 08:12 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by LandOfOz
Originally Posted by angelblossom

DH says they expire at the end of year. He's always complaining about if you buy one in December, it's full price,

Can't wait to hear more about you guys' fishing tales, some of them are hilarious!

It's been 11 years since I bought a license in KS so it may have changed! Your Hubby may be right!! why lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#43684 May 14th, 2007 at 07:16 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Here is video of the catfish moving and jumping in our lake
if any one wants to watch http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/bettyboop1948/?action=view&current=100_2062.flv

#44444 May 15th, 2007 at 05:04 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
thats what I say I am going to do cause when
I feed them I can get the close to the dock and
I tell them if i had a Long net I would be having,
catfish dinner and they tell me that is cheating
lol who cares it is faster the sitting holding a fish rod lol,no she didn't get her one that day

bettyboop1948 #46878 May 17th, 2007 at 11:37 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
mmmmmmmm....fried catfish ROCKS!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE
ksgardnr #53647 May 29th, 2007 at 06:52 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
Diane...you will be sick.BIL caught this up at Lake Fork,back in Mustang cove in his fishing tube.He paid $400 to have it mounted.They charge by the inch.It weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. His dogs got excited when they seen it...lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

njoynit #53669 May 29th, 2007 at 07:01 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
That's so cool. Won't be showing DH though, I have enough stuffed critters on the walls. grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image