Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#33291 Apr 28th, 2007 at 11:18 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OMG Njoynit!!! I can't wait untill mine get that big!!!!

Heyyy I have a little boy fishing statue simular to yours that you posted in your pictures in the last thread of brugs!!!!!!!! grin

Sybil, Jessica, and all those that got starts from Njoynit or anywhere else ~~ What's the update On yours????

I know Cindy has a brug or two I wonder if the one she had last year is budding up yet?????

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
2k Posts
2k Posts
That's the ONLY statue the dog has not broke.I have 2 childs 'heads' planted in a bed....it's what's left of the slide children.
Yep!they look great.my flowers a lil droopy today.pretty warm out.I just dead headed roses.pulled a bucket of weeds and am mowing grass with a malfunctioning mower.(seems it gets hot and shuts off....)I gotta fertilize the brugs again.I've done checked them for caterpillars for relocateing.Next mow shut down,,,,,,I'll paint the last coat on arbor.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
5k Posts
5k Posts
heres my brugs from njoynit grin im still keepin them in the green house still i know its safe to plant outside. you can see them in the back, they were to big for the shelves grin
i also have a couple seeds goin, had to start all over with seeds.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
I've got three brugs in my front garden. I cut two back last winter. They are making their spring entrance. We had plenty of wind these past two weeks and two of the brugs took a beating. I'll get some pics out for everyone.

5k Posts
5k Posts
cant wait to see your pics stephanie!
i hope mine look as good as njoynits and dianes!

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhhh Yay!! Christy!! IT won't be long now before you can put out!!! I'm excited for you!!!!

Stephanie I didn't know you had brugs!!!! GOOOOODY!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
grintwo more weeks!!! til i can plant outside!
i took all my brugs and seedlings out side the other weekend *harden off* it was soooooo nice out in the 70s all weekend! i didnt think we would get a frost but we did, all my seedlings died, but the brugs from njoynit were just fine! i was soooooooooo relived they made it! grin

[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I will take a pic of mine and show them! They are growing like crazy!!! How warm does it have to be at night before I can put them out! I know I can still get frosts here right now and I would leave them in the pots they are in for now so that I can bring them in and out when I need to...but it has been in the 50s the past few nights and 70s and 80s during the day. Can I leave them out overnight?

#34682 Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:36 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
They can stay out just not for any frost.You can always sheet them on cooler nights than the 40s.

I wish mine would grow faster......And I'm ahead of everyone else.lol I neemed them yesterday(I seen beetles coming from the soil in yard:O )I just fertilized the garden.Erected my arbor(kinda leans....gotta think on that one..maybe yank rebar out some)moved some plants around.sowed some more seeds.weeded the cacti bed.after I cool down going to play in compost pile.

I really envy some of you...you can garden right now and not SWEAT!But you probably don't have a canna blooming huh.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
500 Posts
500 Posts
Just went outside to take a few pics. I couldn't believe how fast they are growing. I have three brugs, one plum in the middle of Freddie Boy La. iris.

[Linked Image]

This one is pink! Who knew huh? lolAs I was out there, I noticed my first soon to be bloom! clap

[Linked Image]

Here's my 2nd. Also pink

[Linked Image]

The 3rd brug is double white. It suppose to be rare. rolz

[Linked Image]

They continue to grow quickly on a daily basis!

5k Posts
5k Posts
wow! those look great!

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOWOW Stephanie!!!! Those look great!!!! Please post another picture when it blooms!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Wow Stephanie! Those are wonderful!

I took some pics of mine last night. Forgot my camera today so I will post the pics tomorrow. They are small compared to Diane's, Stephanie's and njoynit's but they have grown a lot since I got them so I am pretty excited about them!

5k Posts
5k Posts
mine are small compared to dianes, njoynits and stephanies too :) cant wait to see your pics!

[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Okay...here are a few pics of my brug starts that njoynit sent to me! They didn't have any leaves when I got them so they have grown a lot! I can't wait to put them outside!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

5k Posts
5k Posts
wow! jessica they look great!!

i dont think the leafs are all that poisonuos, i had a few rub on my hand and so far im ok *thumbs up*

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
YAYYY Jessica!!! They look very happy !!! Your doing good!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
clap one more week and i can plant outside!!

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cool Sybil!! They will really be happy in ground and take off !!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
Your brugs look really good Jessica! Do you know the names of the Brugs and colors?

5k Posts
5k Posts
yep diane! i cant wait to put them in the ground, there was a big diffrence in them just for putting them in the greenhouse! they have lots more leaves now, i leave the door open in the daytime, to help them get use to the outside weather, so far they love it, their realy gonna love it outside! i seen how yours realy took off when ya put em outside! so i cant wait!!

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
Hers are pinks that I sent.Frosty pink/unknown pink and a seedlingpink.mine are starting to perk up better fineally.and the ones the dogs trampled are re sprouting.Another charles trunk has buds they'll bloom soon.this is one that has black-eyed-susan vine growing on it(its just wrapped its first loop on trunk!)I planted what i think was sunray piece that dog trampled and I just stuck in water.

lake has dropped 9 inches.No fish today.fishing report LIED!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Mine are reallly growing with all this rain we've had!! I can't wait to see the blloms on the ones you sent Njoynit!!

Yeaaah I've heard about those fishing reports !! arrrrrgh!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
Yes you been HOGGING the rain....so am sure yours have grown MORE than mine.

They said fish would be hitting at 3:30 today.we we're their at 2(We actually wantred to hear what the cop was saying across the lake...so went early)The TURTLES we're not even hitting.I'm going in the tube tomorrow. I figured out what 3.12 inces of rain does in 7 acre lake,but is runoff too,but it rose on pier 16 inches& is down 9.It may go down more cause I cleaned stuff off top of drain.I got this neat lookin frog lure he's about size of thumb nail.i wish he had a 2 prong hook,but didn't wish that till fished with it(well we practiced tossing today)

My leaves on brugs are greening up more on a few.I did acid fertilizer last 2 runs.Paul james says that you can use a camillia /azealia/gardenia fertilizer for calcuim& magnesuim defientcys.So I'll see how frosty does with the change& do the other one the way have been with epson salts.

My computer still refuseing to do web pages.seems web pages not connected to internet.......

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by njoynit
Yes you been HOGGING the rain....so am sure yours have grown MORE

oink lol lol lol WElll Kinda hogging it BUt along with the rains came terrible storms!! Rains should be your way again soon We're getting more in the next few days!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I should be able to put my brugs out now and I will just watch to make sure it is not going to get too cold at night for them! I need to get some bigger pots so I can transplant them all! I bet they will grow a lot after I do that!

#42979 May 12th, 2007 at 12:19 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh yes Jessica they certainly will grow!!!!

Here is an update of a few of mine All of these are unnamed Pink from Njoynit

The one I put in the pot has really gotten a lot of new leaves and has filled out!!
[Linked Image]

ANd this one in the ground has certainly gotten taller and put out new leaves towards the bottom!!!
[Linked Image]

This one has developed a "y" on both sides of the main stock!! YAY!! and it has filled out too!!

When I took mine out to harden off eventually was leaving them Out all night when it was in the 40's at night
[Linked Image]

NOw I am waiting on buds to develope!! I hope I get some this summer!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - those are all looking so nice and green and healthy!
I especially like the one in the pot - I can't wait to see them all bloom - I am soooooo jealous!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
lookin greate diane!
i planted all mine outside today, cant wait to see them take off.

[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Wow Diane! Yours look great! I put mine outside this weekend because it has been very warm. I need to go and get some bigger pots now so they have room to grow!

#46044 May 16th, 2007 at 01:35 PM
2k Posts
2k Posts
This is seedling pink.It has one in darker color now.(I'll snap& come back)These we're took day it opened Friday night.these 3 are gone now.Its had 3 more open and one due to open tonight.We've been in 90s last 3 days(Monday was 94.6 I was not ready)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thats part of my cedar tree that Rita took..i miss that tree too.Especially in summer.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Very nice njoynit! Can't wait for mine to look like that!

#47073 May 17th, 2007 at 04:52 PM
2k Posts
2k Posts
Here are more blooms.........AND my unknown pink.The unknown pink is what's sprouted from roots.Love them nice large leaves!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh Njoynit ! they are gorgeous!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
clap very pretty!
mine are loving it out side, ill be watching for the Y! grin

[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have had mine outside for over a week now! The only problem that I am noticing is that the tips of some of the leaves and drying up and breaking off! Do you know what could be causing this? I have lost a few leaves too! Not sure what I am doing wrong?!?

#51493 May 25th, 2007 at 08:21 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh, those are so pretty, wow.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
2k Posts
2k Posts
Are the leaves that drying up....the ones that we're formed indoors? you could strip the leaves off.it will grow new ones,then hopefully those comeing back in will have no problems.They useually loose the leaves formed indoors.I useually keep my lower leaves picked off up till it 'Y's.

My ones in ground returning.some have 'Y'd Frosty has grown quiet a few trunks so some will be cut& rooted.seedling is still blooming(uploading soon)I can see the differance with useing acidic fertilizer.the leaves are much greener.Need to take the PH meter out for a walk.I'll be glad when something other than pink blooms.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yeah it is the leaves from inside njoynit! Should I strip them off?

#53924 May 29th, 2007 at 09:57 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
strip them off.The new ones will come in.So what size pots you have them in now?

Here's seedling pink.still blooming.has a bud formed to open.I just added some rocks around this stump yesterday.I moved a pair of daylilly divsions into it also.I'm thinking of moveing my white picotee dwarf JMG to base of brug.

[Linked Image]

I've also got some purple jew pieces to shove in here as well.
And got buds growing on other brugs!I feel the urge to fertilize...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image