Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
2k Posts
2k Posts
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
2k Posts
2k Posts
here are a few shots from other years.
1st 2 are charles in november after the hurricane.dr suess is blooming in background of 1st picture.
Dr suess 2 more times.
then Dr suess in 2004 and a winter bud coloring from fall colors.This was took December 2 2004 we got frost the following day.I got blooms till dec 9th on unknown pink cause I covered with a ladder and blanket so I could enjoy the last flush...till the end

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

and a shot of the pond bed that year.Thats unknown pink at back pond.It was taller than the arbor and reached 9 ft.

[Linked Image]

And you see charles fall coloring(And Dr Suess too).

Last edited by njoynit; Jul 24th, 2007 at 11:19 AM.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
2k Posts
2k Posts
Charles April 26 this year.
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
My brugs are still growing but not buds yet. I think I need to get some fish emulsion. That seems to be working for Diane and njoynit! I have been feeding them but haven't given them fish emulsion. I will take some pics tonight and show them to you!

500 Posts
500 Posts
Beautiful and I love your little kids garden decor. That is adorable.

I cannot figure out why this plant is stated to be so poisonous why every bug in the world think it is a super salad.

Last edited by cinta; Jul 24th, 2007 at 11:56 AM.

Do what you can where you are with what you have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
neener neener neener neener

Bahhhhhhhhhh
Bubch of Bruggy people........ prayers for brugs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
2k Posts
2k Posts
yes but sometimes I flip the leaves over.....and find dead bugs.but yet won't kill them locust grasshopper things.

Dodge.I'll have plenty of cuttings this fall& am thinking of removeing a few 'plants' from the ground that have multiples of(like seedling pink whiskers X butterfly cross.)I really don't need 4 of same plant in ground.then have 2 frosty pinks.and if charles don't get his act together he'll be replaced(and will go to a different family likely goldness kornett,an aurea type)I won't have much on my new aquired cuttings unless they've grown more,then got that nugget of versicolor orange....and its 4 ft,while the cutting is barely 2 ft.

My yard smelled good last night.Ya'll would be proud of BIL.He figured out all on his own that unknown pink was the one putting out all that smell& that it covered frosty pinks 3 flowers that we're open.I even tried telling him was the 4pms too...he didn't miss a beat.said no thats a different smell& you don't smell them when near the unknown pink,told me to stand on sidewalk...said only smell I get is unknown pink.but he's a bad boy too.He tried to close a flower up on one of them night hummerbird moths...said he was shutting the door.....Dianne the blush is neat when it starts on the flowers.I seen one last night about 9 pm it was still all white but the edges of bloom we're starting to turn pink.looked like blush.I was doing pictures of other creatures& got some good shots last night and then missed a good shot cause didn't have camera on me.

That lil kid deco....is the ONLY ONE my dog has not destroyed...well he's hubbys dog.He's worse than a kid.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
njoynit......

Let me know when your cutting up as long as it isn't after middle of september.

thanks.......I wish I wish ..

prayers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
ok dodge.I'll let you know.

That bud is still curled,but its growing.

I'm excited cause we will be getting rain for like a solid week.my nice dry weather was brief and now back to muggy steamy humid(but only 84)they don't even give the day expireing of flood watch watch anymore...they say 'till further notice or warning ends' and the other famous line'no change in decrease of flooding expected'( the flooding is closer to hubbys work on the Trinity river in Liberty co than here)

I'm just gonna wait on my 60% increaseing to 70% this afternoon of periods of heavy rainfall.I get to test my roof.(still trying to stop a few rita leaks)now testing aluminum coating,cause that roof patch crap just didn't make the cut.I presure washed the deck yesterday(and some plants...lol)I was feeling buds yesterday trying to guess who'll bloom 1st Dr suess or charles..charles feels fatter dr feels thin,but had bud longer.But they got watered well cause forgot was doing the drop run hose thing so hex bed got very well watered for 3 hours.(plus the grass around it..lol)

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Send some rain..... bop clap neener

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I got it. Opened pic.
[Linked Image]

buzz buzz buzz
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
buzylady,

Fantastic job......
See your good and dont know it ....
I have that datura also.it closed in one day.

Smore smore

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
I like the le fluer one too.Its just like that but the flowers have a blueishpurple tint.thats a lovely shot.I've not took pics of mine like that.Thats stramoduim tatula.I've NEVER had it grow over 4 ft but they say it will grow 7 ft tall and wide.I do belive it will grow 7 ft wide.I took mine out of the flowerbed cause the bugs love its leaves(Guess my bugs are drug addicts or something,surprised it don't kill them,but they look ugly)Now I don' have to look at its leaves.I'm hopeing it reseeds here well for me.I've been opening spiney pods with pliers and twisting seeds out.(Don't worry I will still save seeds for fall fling)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is seedling pink original plant from re sprout.It 'y'd at JUST the right point.The flowers hang over the B&B salvia this is what looks like flower grown in full sun.earlier shot a few replies up of same plant from cutting grown is softer pink,but it gets 5 hours of sun(if had sun right now it would be nearing a shade time about 11:30 till about 1-2 then back in sun 2 more hours.most its sun is morning sun.)

I got a bud poked out on charles.
My twisted buds are still growing on daydreams.
Dr suess has started to form 3 new buds& another plant of dr suess has 'Y'd

I need to make a new brug bed.I got my accidental cuttings from dogs/hubbys accidents.very tempted to start down my sidewalk...but KNOW a arbor is going over it in the future.

wonder how dianes charles is doing?

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast breakfast breakfastetc.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Njoynit The Charles G. is still bloomed!! I can't believe it!! I thought they only lasted a couple of days and it's been 5 days now!!!! Yipeeeeeeeee!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I was going to take pics this morning (well the last couple days for that matter lol) but I didn't get that done yet. Well anyways, I have 3 buds starting on one of my brugs! I am so excited! clap Can't wait till it blooms!

#98098 Jul 27th, 2007 at 12:37 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Jessica!!! fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Wow yours budded up quickly, Njoynit must have sent you some wonderful cuttings above the Y ..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
All I have is tall trees and leaves not one bud. Even the ones I wintered have not bud up yet. I am having a bad Brug year.

Want to see some pretty leaves LOL!!! My daughter brought me three new ones for Mother's Day

Snowbank - and also in the pot is Sanguinea (Red flower)

[Linked Image]

Axel rose - Peach flower with different shades of green to yellow leaves
[Linked Image]

Do what you can where you are with what you have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/
5k Posts
5k Posts
!!!! jessica ya got buds!!! whoo hoo! :} thats awsome

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
Charles is in bloom
[Linked Image]And guess tomorrow night is Dr'Suess night.I had a lot of flowers open on frosty pink tonight...
[Linked Image]
all on one side.Unknown pink is loaded.my buds are still twisted on daydreams.got a nice shot of seedling.I'm sorry everyone,but I'm just in brug-heaven.I got a 'Y' on 2 plants.versicolor orange& something that the tag faded on.And Diane's Strapeliad-carrion flower bloomed!the rain this morning broke one of the stems flowering.so Its in windowsill.I keep smelling it.the flower bloomed at base of segment that broke off.I guess it will stay in that basket.I enginereed a bread tie for support.
And we'll see Dr suess tomorrow night.He's never bloomed this early for me.I wish you could smell the yard.My MIL can smell it 219 ft away.I'll try to get a bloom count.

That is beautiful, but whats a Brug. We have some Angles Trumpets and the flowers look the same, but our plant looks totally different, ours grows like a bush.

2k Posts
2k Posts
Thats a brugmansia angeltrumpet in above pictures.the 1st is charles Grimaldi& the other seedling pink.a whiskersX butterfly grown cross.
Dauntras can be shrubby.flowers hang upwards not downwards.

here's Daydreams progress ....still twisted.I been singing it twisted sister songs.I caust it danceing too...lol
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
starting a new Brug thread

This one is *************** closed****************************

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very cool, I tried to attach a pic of our plant, but the drag'n'drop method didn't work, and its the only method I know. I guess we have some angel trumpets and some dauntras. Thanks for the info! We have some friends in Ohio that call 'em moonflowers.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Brugs
datura
angel trumpet
moonflower
are all different flowers.........I grow dature ,moonflower, and soooooooooo far Brugs wont grow for me........That is how Iknow ..

Moonflower will only open at nite...
Datura is invasive and hard to rid of .

Brugs I hope i hope some day.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

Opened a NEW Thread on Brugs growing thumbup

*********************** Closed*************************

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image