10k Posts
lol yup just one was ready today.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Tamara for future information. Wake him up to yell at him that way if he gets those nasty hangovers it will increase the pain of being yelled at about 1000%. [Sorry that was nasty of me. But I know what it's like to have plants damaged and even destroyed by people.]

I have a couple of more buds on the peppers and that is very exciting. I hope I get good sized peppers this year. And talk about tomatoes...wow, have I got tomatoes. There are some on every plant. I'm so looking forward to having those.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I counted 54 green cherry tomatoes between all six plants yesterday. I've never had that many. I am so sold on compost. I'll never try growing them without it.

I've been out this morning and done half of the watering. I harvested some of the par-cel for my tossed salad and some sage because it was overgrowing the surrounding plants. I need to do something to make more room in those planters. I think one thing I will do is take the mum that is currently there and huge and replace it with the one in the back that is much smaller. Maybe then the smaller one will take off and get huge.

And I think I'll move the portulaca more toward the side of the container so it isn't fighting with the thyme and bell flower.

Last edited by tkhooper; Jun 16th, 2007 at 04:55 AM.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, I watered everything and weeded more wheat and millet(Lesson learned lol ).

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
1k Posts
1k Posts
The garden is hoed through and looking great, the flowerbeds are doing well. Need water butttttt....it is supposed to rain so I'm pushing all that off.

We're still getting some pretty cold weather during the night. Last night it went down to 43 degrees.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Mother Nature watered for me once again. Found 2 volunteer pumpkin seedling amongst my tomatoes. I don't want to pull them out just yet. Everytime I try to transplant pumpkins they die on me. I ate salad yesterday picked from my container lettuce. Yay!!! This is why I love gardening. Reaping the rewards. Now I just need those tomatoes to grow. With all this rain it should help their development.

Nuria
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I'm trying to grow container lettuce but it's not doing well. Could you give me the type of light, water and soil that you are using?

I haven't gone out to the garden yet today. It's suppose to be a scorcher today so I should get out there now.

[Linked Image]
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
I picked 1 more strawberry, found one a chipmunk or mole or someone ate 1/2 of. I didn't know they could measure such a precise 1/2! :LOL: Then I picked my first peas and ate some while standing there, barefoot, in 55*'s, in my jammies, in the middle of my garden. Yum-o!!!!

Cancolgirl, why not leave the pumpkins where they are? They stay low, just prune the lowest tomato branches on the plants they're next to.
I have pumpkins and winter squash that grow right alongside and ultimately next to my tomatoes and they all get along just fine. Helps keep weeds down around the 'maters too.

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, it was too hot yesterday to do anything in my gardens. Just watered in the evening. Supposed to get thunder storms and rain today.

Thanks Wrennie for the advice. I will leave them right where they are then. And will prune the bottom leaves, if they get too big.

Tammy, I used potting mix to start them in, filled it 3/4's and put the seeds in covered lightly, put seran wrap over the planter until the majority germinated and have had them outside from day 1. I also made sure they were kept moist, but mostly ignored them.

Nuria
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Never did a thing in my gardens today, we were under a severe thunderstorn watch, lost power for awhile again.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Thankyou for the information cancolgirl. I transplanted mine into larger containers and added more potting soil. Hopefully they will take off.

I didn't do a thing in the garden today which means I'll have to get out there and water this evening.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well today the only thing I have to do is go out and plant my new perennials grin . I bought a yellow carnation, yellow coreopsis and a burgandy and cream columbine. Also bought some Verbena annuals. I hope DH needs me to go to town this week so I can stop in and buy more while the sale is on.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Sales are a dangerous thing lol. But it sounds like you got some real winners there. I love the burgandy and cream columbine.

I've got such a kick out of my portulaca. Somehow I managed to harvest all orange ones for one of my packets. I couldn't have done that on purpose no matter how hard I tried. And that's the ones that I planted this year. So I have all orange portulaca coming up. I just harvested one seed pod full of seeds and I'll be on the look out for more. Just incase someone wants an all orange portulaca flower bed lol.

I've been out and watered half of the garden. I'll have to get the other half this evening. With the addition of the berm it's just more than I can handle all at once watering by hand.

Although if I'm right the for-get-me-nots are probably too old to be viable. That's going to be sad but if it happens it happens. I'll just have to try something else in that spot.

[Linked Image]
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
I watered well too! And picked 4 strawberries! The bowl in the fridge starts to fill up, then I snack them back down. So yummy!

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I did get my new plants in the ground. Weeded my veggie garden as well.

1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm planning on weeding my garden for the second time tomorrow.
Today I watered and fertilized all my flowers, quite a job if you do it with a watering can.

[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Yesterday I sprayed the fixed copper soap on the peppers and tomatoes. Today I've managed to get half of the garden watered and snapped off a bunch more of the sapper branches on the tomatoes. It looks like it might rain today which is no problem. Nother will get water logged around here anyway lol.

My landlord also brought me two bags of grass fro the compost pile which was a good thing because it had broken down to the point where I didn't have my 3 cubic feet going. And I get ansy when it starts to get smaller than that. If the rain doesn't come in today then I'll probably get out there this evening and begin mixing it up and turning the pile.

Now I am patiently waiting for the first of the tomatoes to begin turning red. Can't wait lol.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
My tomatoe plants don't look good, too much heat then cold. We had a few nights down to 40*F, I planted them a week ago after hardening them off but they lost some leaves and have turned dark. Hoping they make a comeback, I am going to mound more soil above them and cross my fingers.

5k Posts
5k Posts
my tomatoe plants look skinny.
i just walked around the yard today makin mental notes, now if i can just get off mt butt and get some of them mental to do notes done i might get somewere.
i did hual some dirt down to the shade area, were in raisin a bed, the wheel on the tractor wagon and the garden wagon are flat and broke! waaaaaaa why both at one time? so i been carrying 5gal buckets, its takin forever cause im only doing little bit here and there. those buckets are heavy [dont wanna get buff:}]

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well last night I planted more tomatoe and green pepper plants. Planted my yucky marigolds and watered my veggie garden.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
When you say they turned dark are you saying they took on a blue color especially at the joints? When mine did that last year I added potassium to the base of the plants and they went back to a heathy green it took some time but it worked.

I've got a cold so I may manage to walk around the garden today but that's probably about all I'll manage.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We got a touch of frost the other day and it blackened the leaves. I replanted in between them so if they die I have my new ones to replace them with. If they take, I will be overloaded with cherry tomatoes. lol

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
oh I see, well I hope you end up with an abundance either way it works.

I went out to water and the landlord says it rained really heavy last night so I guess I don't need to. But the ground doesn't look wet. The containers in front do but the back doesn't. But the landlord said the water bill was through the roof last month so I didn't get anymore water for the garden. I'm glad I watered the peppers and tomatoes before he told me. I'm looking outside and I'm hoping that it rains again today. It looks like it could. I harvested a handful of mum cuttings and got them planted today too. I know it's the sudafed and that I'm going to pay for the burst of energy but it's hard to pass them up since I normally don't get those.

One of the tomatoes had a brown spot on it so I took it off of the vine and through it away. It wasn't BER it looked like a split but I thought that usually happened after they started to turn colors not while they are green and hard. I hope that isn't problems to come.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I weeded everything today.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Mine needs some weeding in the new berm would you mind travelling over and doing it for me??? Ok, I'm sick and delusional lol. Way to go getting all the weeding done. that is fantastic.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I like weeding, I know I'm nuts. You couldn't find a weed in any of my flower beds or veggie gardens if you tried. I go out and weed every day. I need another hobby.

Gotta go, on my way to Tammy's house. grin

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Yipee!! Yahoooey!! picture me doing Cartwheels and other athletic stuff. Tamara is comming to save me from my weeds. Super Cool!

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Weeding is ok, it's the bending over that gets to us. lol lol

I just have a bit to do today and then my garden is done as well.

But I lost my cucumber plants that I had started for my greenhouse. They were seeds special for greenhouse. Yesterday when I went to water my plants the cucs were droopy and slumping over, I gave them some water, but nothing worked. They were too far gone this morning. I'm not sure what happened, maybe damp off disease, is it possible to get that when the plants are tall already?

[Linked Image]

5k Posts
5k Posts
lol the bending over and getting back up lol getting back up at hearing that scary sound from the knees nervous lol pop,,,grind,,,crackle,

my vegies seem to be doing ok, tomatoes look skinny? this is the first time ive ever did anything other than pumpkins, so far somwhat so good. i got some in the green house and some outside. i watered in the green house today, then planted carnations seedlings, plucked out some cleomes.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
My greenhouse garden is flourishing, watered the tomatoes today, have lots of blooms and fruit starting to show. I'll have to stake them soon. My peppers which I'm doing in the greenhouse as well are growing nicely.

[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It poured here all night and day and night again. The cold weather is ruining my veggie garden. It was 50*F today and only 40*F for the night. I am honestly thinking of looking into building a home made green house next year.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
We must have had a downpour last night my tomatoes are on the ground grrrrh. It's always something. The peppers shot up last night and are looking ok today. The egyptian onions took a beating in the rain too but they are suppose to flop over so that is no problem. The peppermint loved it and the other mints look ok too.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It's still raining.

1k Posts
1k Posts
It's been nice here the last week actually, it seems our rain time has past for a while. We're getting up the 80's during the day. But somedays the wind is terrible. I'm still hesitating to plant out my zucchini and squash, they're still in the greenhouse but they need to be planted out already.

Tamara and tkhooper I'm sorry to hear of your weather problems hopefully it will get better soon.

[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
That's for the good thoughts Rosepetal. It helps to have friends to talk to when things go kittywhampus.

I've gotten half the watering down so far. Still half to go. The bell peppers are starting to make fruit but it is tiny yet.

I still need to get out there and weed the berm but I haven't yet. I'm still fighting with this cold. Just getting dressed is a major achievement. I'm a lazy old button sometimes.

It's been in the 80's here too it's just with a fever I'm not feeling the pleasure of the nice weather during the day.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Still raining........

1k Posts
1k Posts
Awwww tamara I really hope it stops raining soon. It will be really something for you once you'll be able to enjoy the outside.

tkhooper my peppers are budding and starting to bloom too. I planted a different kind then my last year ones which grew at least 2 feet tall then bloomed. This years are only 10 inches tall and yet they're carrying blooms already. Is this normal. Not that I mind.

[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Yesterday I finally made it outside and got rid of all the weeds. I had let it really get out of control, just to give you an idea I filled up one of those 30 gallon home depot lawn bags with just weeds. I don't have a large garden either. I even found some flowers that I didn't even know I had. Too bad some of them were already done blooming. After I got it all cleaned up I put down some new seeds. I put in some bells of ireland, red sunflowers, sunflower seeds that I got from Lorena, and some aubrieta and mallow in between the rocks. Now I just have to wait and see how many seeds sprout.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,878
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image