Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
my Wonder egg plants are starting to develop flower heads. I am so excited. clap And me, I cannot take pics--my camera is full and I can do nothing about it right now. boohoo
Did I mention since transplanting, the are growing so fast I am in awe? well I am!!

FYI: My brothers friend loves plants so I gave him one of them, and I sent my brother the GH web site, & told him I thought he should join.--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Penny - I have some seeds I can send you now from last year - they are still good.

My plants are not doing well either, Mark - the intense heat of this summer, followed by the heavy rains we've had this week have done a job on the leaves, BUT... I do have a couple of eggs starting out - YEA!!!

Oh and Mark... your yellow eggs are perfect!
They are doing exactly what they should be - wait until they turn brown and dry out completely before taking the seeds out. They will look shriveled up when the time is right.

Here are mine today:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
thats great carol! pretty soon youll be getting eggs!:}

awsome pics lynne! that first pic is a good one of the flower! its opened so nice!

i got these lil black bugs eating mine! grrrrrr

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
My egg is turning yellow/gold and I too have those tiny black bugs chewing the leaves!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Guess what?

I didn't start any Egg plants this year because silly me sent all my seeds out in the swap. egad

Well I have one coming up in the flower bed. lol

A seed must've dropped over there.....

It's pretty big, but the leaves are looking bad and chewed up. Guess I'll let it keep going....or maybe I'll dig it up and pot it.

I'm happy because now I'll have plenty of seeds for next year! thumbup

#94921 Jul 22nd, 2007 at 05:59 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I have one in the ground too , it had only gotten one bloom and it dropped off before fully blooming But I'm still leaving it there, with my fingers crossed!,, Here the one in the pot and now the egg has turned golden/yellow!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
5k Posts
5k Posts
fingers crossed diane! thumbupnice lookin egg in the pot!

lol claploz dont ya love the surprizes that pop up in your gardens?

[Linked Image]
#96654 Jul 24th, 2007 at 07:44 PM
Ok, those are really cool plants!! Are they annuals or perinials? What zone do they grow best in? Where can I get one or some seeds? I know, I know too many questions, lol.

Uni

Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
wavy

Unigirl, they are annuals, I'm pretty sure they can grow most anywhere, but I'm not sure what zone they prefer..you may be able to find some seeds at a Walmart or something, but many members here have some seeds... I have a bunch of yellow eggs now, so If I am able to harvest seeds I'll be more than happy to share!

WEll, my plants juuuuust about bit the dust... Sunday night tehy were looking terrible, so i took them and ''threw' them on the porch... they were losing big leaves and small ones like crazy... they were almost nude! shock It happened to rain alll day Monday[yesterday], so that did them good...I found a big pot outside and re-planted them all into it.. there should be more than enough room for them all, and they seem to be doing better already, outside in the yard...as long as they make it lnog enough so that I can harvest eggs, I'll be fine! lol I have a good 6 or 7 yellow eggs.. lol lol

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Oh my, a nude plant, I wouldn't know anything about that. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it comes back strong and healthy. I would appreciate the seeds so I can try this for myself, even though from what I hear it takes lots of patience for it to bloom and "egg". I am not one with a lot of that to spare,lol. I keep yelling at my daylilies because they can't bloom enough for me. Thank you in advance.

Uni

I am blonde please forgive me, Lol.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Unigirl, I know how you feel. I've been waiting all season for my stargazer lilies and they've had buds on them for over a month now and the buds keep getting bigger but just won't bloom.

My wonder eggs are surviving though. I thought maybe there wasn't much hope for them when I transplanted them directly into the garden but they're trying to make it. I had a dream last night that one of them had flower buds on it. I'll have to inspect them this morning because the last time I had a dream like that about something in my garden in turned out to be true.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,902
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image