Print Thread
Rate Thread
#65303 Jun 13th, 2007 at 10:17 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well today I traded pots between my kalanchoe and my croton. But I may have to shoot for an even bigger pot for the kalanchoe. That is unless they will put up with being root bound. Can anyone help me out with this?

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #65566 Jun 13th, 2007 at 03:27 PM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
what variety of kalanchoe?

Zone 6b
Joclyn #65817 Jun 14th, 2007 at 04:42 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I remember it started with a D and had a v in it but that's all I can remember. I wrote in down in the old forum and never transfered the information to a plant profile in my personal records. The new website really messed me up where I had gotten lazy.

anyway it is a single bloom with orange flowers. The rim of the leaves begins to turn a lovely red when it blooms. It is the kind normally seen at the grocery store which is where I got mine. I hope some of that information may help identify it.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #78158 Jun 28th, 2007 at 10:27 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
I have one in a 20 inch pot.It came from 18 inch pot.I can't go bigger cause then would not fit the stand.I didn't give it much new room when transplanted it,but removed a few plants one to neighbor one to SIL and a trade.I think one of the flowers fell off and re rooted itself in a pot below it...and its still blooming.If I go a bigger pot....will have to do a plant hanger for it.They root easy.I have another weird succulant thinggy(I forgot its ID...old forum as well& did as you too)Looks like kalonche with blueish leaves that turn reddish in sun& has blooms like mother of thousands.I even had a leaf of it fall on floor in GH and when I found it it had formed babies on the edges of leafs& THATS formed a nice plant as well in a 8 inch pot.
My roots we're a tangled mess in the shape of the pot holding very little soil.I know my plants roots got air.I transplanted cause wanted the pot it was in at the time for another plant.I know they like to be slightly rootbound.They would likely stop flowering or drop leaves if we're too rootbound& mine was blooming durring the transfer.I mixed some grit in my soil when transfering.I kept what gravel was still left after washing it as well and the few broke pot pieces.I have smaller different colored one.peach in a 10 inch pot.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image