Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Tamara you r right. In may we had a snow strom that lasted a few hrs. In June a hail storm that destroyed everything. And the last few days just heat, heat and more heat. I am happy to say (for my own good) the heat wave is over. That is until next week. No rain as was promised (predicted). And I didn't water last night hoping it would. I will water tonight if it doesn't rain. I did however go to my fisrt FREE pancake breakfast near the house. I love the Stampede. We get to have a free breakfast for 10 days. Oh this is not what I did in my garden, but I did manage to score some Mountain Cornflower seeds from my sister's neighbour. Some have already fallen to the ground, I have to go more often, because they seem to open quite fast after the flower has died.

Last edited by cancolgirl; Jul 7th, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Nuria
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Guess what? No rain today, my garden looked perky with the sun shining.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
hmmmm......what did i do in the garden....i cut a wire in half that went to one of my solar spot lights.... egad :mad: got it fixed though!

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well I got the garden watered and scraped the dog poop off of the tomato plant and rinsed it off. I'm not a happy camper at the moment am I. Just let me get one more cool day and I'm going to sit out there all day until I catch the bleep who is walking his dog in my garden.

[Linked Image]
Oh Tammy, I hope you catch them. How .... "inconsiderate", that's the word I'll use even tho, I'd like to use another one. What kind of of a person does that? I'll never understand why they even have dogs.

Just got up a while ago and since it didn't rain yesterday at all I had to water at night, but I'm hoping today it rains. Don't plan on doing much in the garden today. But I might try to root the Brandywine plant that got slaughtered by the hail. It is actually throwing out new shoots and a few flowers as well.

Nuria
Mowed the lawn today. Its supposed to get as high as 95 with heat index of near 100! It was 84 degrees at 10:30 AM. It's now 86 at 11:30 AM and I am done! I'm sweating like a pig but we are supposed to get a chance of rain for the next 5 days and I hate mowing really long grass.

I'm not doing anything else today.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,902
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image